PDA

View Full Version : With the Meadowlands closed....

sq764
08-16-2004, 09:48 PM
...where is everyone playing now?

I gotta say, with Hoosier closed, I haven't been playing much.. Hawthorne on Sat nights and an occasional horse from Ocean Downs, but thats it..

Zaf
08-16-2004, 10:27 PM
what about Woodbine ?

ZAFONIC

sq764
08-16-2004, 10:35 PM
I only play tracks where they race the 2nd quarter..

Those 26.1/57 halves really don't do it for me..

melman
08-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Not looking to start any trouble with anyone and no sarcasm is intented in this post. That said I love Woodbine harness it has been a very good betting year up north of the border. I posted some time back a workout of 92 races just picking one horse per race and playing every race and showed a positive ROI. Not trying to toot my own horn as one of the main reasons I think I have success there is the lack of ability of the other bettor's. Very few harness people with software or breakdowns of the quarter times and quite a few just going by the final time. I also find HAW very interesting right now and also Saratoga Harness. Problem with Toga Harness is of course lack of money in the pools. Play HOO or IND when they are open also. Gave up on places like Ocean Downs as they have far to many win pools of $800. Not to say their are not so good plays there. I know Rosecroft has some huge overlays on a fairly regular basis but they also have no cash in the win pool. Find it hard to justify the time spent when I can only bet $5.00 into the win pool. From Nov to Aug is the best as far as time of year is concerned for me with the harness. The Med reopens and Dover goes live. Looks like Penna will be getting a brand new 1 mile track in the near future. Hope it works out for them. Of course the only reason for the new track is slots. Let me add I HATE slots but so many tracks have them it is just something I have to accept. BTW I hate the slogan down at Mountaineer which is "will leave the slots on for ya". Yeah right so we can get every last nickel out of ya. LOL

norm f
08-25-2004, 01:19 AM
I play Woodbine , only because of its close proximity, and i like playing Flmd (its close proximity..lol) and i find it easier to get a good price on a few horses ,which is good for halfmilers and the pools are fair usually $4000+ so you can make a serious bet.
I use to like windsor as well for the same Flammy reasons although the driver colony isnt as good IMO.But!!! having A.D.D.
isnt good when you have 15 or 16 races in 2 days of racing. :D:D