PDA

View Full Version : The bloom is off the Rose

woodtoo
11-20-2017, 05:51 PM
8 woman claim sexual harassment by Charlie Rose and dozens more confirmed.

He has apologized profusely.

kingfin66
11-20-2017, 05:59 PM
At this point, we probably should start keeping a list of all of the media, entertainment, and politicians who have been accused and/or admitted to inappropriate behavior. Each day seems to bring new accusations and revelations. It really kind of sucks. There are many people letting us down.

woodtoo
11-20-2017, 06:05 PM
Rose, Menendez, Thrush, Franken all under investigation but Roy Moore must drop out immediately.
The tribe has spoken.

jocko699
11-20-2017, 06:35 PM
Rose, Menendez, Thrush, Franken all under investigation but Roy Moore must drop out immediately.
The tribe has spoken.

"Every rose has a thorn!"

woodtoo
11-20-2017, 06:39 PM
"Every rose has a thorn!"

I guess so.:lol:

Nutz and Boltz
11-20-2017, 07:20 PM
At this point, we probably should start keeping a list of all of the media, entertainment, and politicians who have been accused and/or admitted to inappropriate behavior.

No,no. Make a list of those people in the media,entertainment,and politics that haven't been accused and /or admitted inappropriate behavior. The list would be much shorter and easier to keep track of !

NJ Stinks
11-20-2017, 07:47 PM
The tribe has spoken.

Menendez? Surely, you know by now that anything sexual against him was tossed in the garbage long ago.

Rose isn't running for office and Franken is accused of something so vile that his first accuser says she accepts his apology and the second Trumpette claims something so vile that.... what....you tell me. (shrug)

Meanwhile, Moore was chasing teens and catching them....

jocko699
11-20-2017, 08:21 PM

dartman51
11-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Roy Moore may be guilty as sin. I don't know, and neither does anyone here. I just have to ask. If you had a 14 yr old daughter, and she came home and told you that she had been at a 32 yr old man's house, and he asked her to remove her clothes, and then he touched her inappropriately, which this woman claims happened, what would your response be? :eek:

Robert Fischer
11-20-2017, 08:42 PM
A girl touched my butt at a night club this weekend, do I have a good case?

reckless
11-20-2017, 08:48 PM
A girl touched my butt at a night club this weekend, do I have a good case?

Someone, anyone, get Robert Gloria Allred's phone number. And hurry.

jocko699
11-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Someone, anyone, get Robert Gloria Allred's phone number. And hurry.

I would have said Leslie Abramson because Robert is clearly at fault here.

JustRalph
11-20-2017, 09:09 PM
This article tells all

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.3b9c1c8d773f

JustRalph
11-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Roy Moore may be guilty as sin. I don't know, and neither does anyone here. I just have to ask. If you had a 14 yr old daughter, and she came home and told you that she had been at a 32 yr old man's house, and he asked her to remove her clothes, and then he touched her inappropriately, which this woman claims happened, what would your response be? :eek:

She has backtracked

Says he never touched her and "her imagination filled in the rest"

That’s a quote

reckless
11-20-2017, 10:29 PM
I would have said Leslie Abramson because Robert is clearly at fault here.

On Breeders Cup Friday I am at Parx, walking through the poker room to the bar in the back where there's a TV or two on showing races from NY and Del Mar. There are dozens of TVs on, mostly ESPN stuff and taped football games ... I glance up at one and CNN is on.... no volume of course ... on the TV is a picture of Louis C K and on the bottom screen it reads: LOUIS C K: "Everything I've been accused of is true"

Of course, all these allegations is dead serious, I know, but when I read this, I just laughed out loud.

You're right: in all 'probability' everything Robert said about himself is true. :lol::lol:

Put Gloria Allred on hold and get Leslie Abramson. And get her now!

reckless
11-20-2017, 10:31 PM
She has backtracked

Says he never touched her and "her imagination filled in the rest"

That’s a quote

It seems the more these people talk, the less believable they really sound.

ElKabong
11-20-2017, 10:39 PM
This article tells all

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.3b9c1c8d773f

"Crusty paw" Charlie Rose. Wow, that is a nickname with legs.

Rose is as snob- liberal as they come. Now there are several women talking about the "crusty paw". Delicious.

When his top assistant comes forth and says she should have done more to stop the behavior or intervene, it becomes clear Charlie Rose is a creep of the highest order.

JustRalph
11-20-2017, 10:49 PM

Rose is as snob- liberal as they come. Now there are several women talking about the "crusty paw". Delicious.

When his top assistant comes forth and says she should have done more to stop the behavior or intervene, it becomes clear Charlie Rose is a creep of the highest order.

https://twitter.com/AmyJBrittain/status/932746935957639168

jocko699
11-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Michigan Rep. John Conyers, a Democrat and the longest-serving member of the House of Representatives, settled a wrongful dismissal complaint in 2015 with a former employee who alleged she was fired because she would not “succumb to [his] sexual advances.”

Tom
11-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Meanwhile, Moore was chasing teens and catching them....

Two words for you....Due Process.
He has not been convicted.

Let the voters decide.
Who better?

AltonKelsey
11-20-2017, 11:21 PM

Funny, everyone took his hangdog demeanor as evidence of a true liberal and man of great dignity.

Turns out he was just worn out from chasing skirts.

highnote
11-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Funny, everyone took his hangdog demeanor as evidence of a true liberal and man of great dignity.

Turns out he was just worn out from chasing skirts.

I always thought Rose was boring.

JustRalph
11-21-2017, 12:12 AM
A well known journalist tweeted that he is aware of 7 more feature stories on 7 more men that will break in the next 7 days.

He ended his tweet with. "It ain’t over"

highnote
11-21-2017, 12:27 AM
A well known journalist tweeted that he is aware of 7 more feature stories on 7 more men that will break in the next 7 days.

He ended his tweet with. "It ain’t over"

7? Is that all?

There are probably hundreds, if not thousands.

Tom
11-21-2017, 11:58 AM
true liberal and man of great dignity.

:pound::pound::pound:

Like,

"hand me the piano"
"if it was on the internet, it must be true"
"the center of the Earth is millions of degrees"
"I'm from the government and I'm here to help"

Robert Fischer
11-21-2017, 12:57 PM
Don't shit where you eat. Especially if you are a powerful guy in the workforce. You can't sexualize your staff anymore in this day and age.

Don't give any value to 'future prospects' or looks or charm (unless it's a ground-floor customer service position /waitress, greeter etc...) when hiring.

You don't need a pretty office assistant. Don't give any value to that in the hiring process.

Avoid 1-on-1 interactions with staff of the opposite sex, and document/CYA when such meetings/interactions are necessary. Don't share a hotel room with a hot assistant.

If you jump in the hotel shower and realize you've left your shampoo in your suitcase, you must towel off and dress before retrieving it yourself.

thaskalos
11-21-2017, 04:18 PM
Don't shit where you eat. Especially if you are a powerful guy in the workforce. You can't sexualize your staff anymore in this day and age.

Don't give any value to 'future prospects' or looks or charm (unless it's a ground-floor customer service position /waitress, greeter etc...) when hiring.

You don't need a pretty office assistant. Don't give any value to that in the hiring process.

Avoid 1-on-1 interactions with staff of the opposite sex, and document/CYA when such meetings/interactions are necessary. Don't share a hotel room with a hot assistant.

If you jump in the hotel shower and realize you've left your shampoo in your suitcase, you must towel off and dress before retrieving it yourself.

And don't assume that you are "pursuing shared feelings"...when you are in your 70s, and your female coworkers are at least 40 years younger. :rolleyes:

Robert Fischer
11-21-2017, 05:00 PM
(A/2)-7=Y, where A is your age and Y is the youngest you should date.

highnote
11-21-2017, 05:06 PM

CONSTRAINTS:

A >= 50
Y >= 18

Tom
11-21-2017, 05:28 PM
At 66, this really opens up my field of potentials! :cool::kiss::p:headbanger:

highnote
11-21-2017, 05:29 PM
At 66, this really opens up my field of potentials! :cool::kiss::p:headbanger:

26 and up!

thaskalos
11-21-2017, 05:48 PM

Now that you've worked out the mathematical formula...all I have to do is find a date who is willing to go along with it. :ThmbUp:

Burls
11-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Isn't it half your age PLUS seven?
So when Roy Moore was 32, 16+7=23 was his cutoff point.
14,16, 18 are all a tad south of that.

Robert Fischer
11-21-2017, 08:06 PM
Isn't it half your age PLUS seven?
So when Roy Moore was 32, 16+7=23 was his cutoff point.
14,16, 18 are all a tad south of that.

oops , good catch!

(A/2)+7=Y, where A is your age and Y is the youngest you should date.

Careless copy and paste from google on my part

lol @ some of the comments

Tom
11-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Thanks a lot....there go my Thanksgiving plans! :rant:

reckless
11-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Charlie Rose, Al Franken, John Conyers, Harvey Weinstein, Mark Halperin, and 1000s more liberal Democrats being exposed --excuse me-- for being what they truly are: rapists, degenerates, sex deviants, abusers of women, stalkers, losers, liars, despicable scoundrels... and more!

And all of these boys at one time or another have repeatedly preached and scolded us about conservatives conducting a war on women and that all rigth-wingers are misogynists. All of their lies were told to like-minded media interviewers for the sole consumption by Democrat women done solely to earn them bona fides with these women phonies.

Robert Fischer
11-22-2017, 02:34 PM
Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy, Charlie Rose, Al Franken, John Conyers, Harvey Weinstein, Mark Halperin, and 1000s more...

And all of these boys at one time or another have repeatedly preached and scolded us about conservatives conducting a war on women and that all rigth-wingers are misogynists. All of their lies were told to like-minded media interviewers for the sole consumption by Democrat women done solely to earn them bona fides with these women phonies.

I think this is a good post.

These politicians preach their party's gospel, but they have two faces.

It's surely their source of power and income... but it's not their lifestyle.

Burls
11-22-2017, 03:45 PM
Thanks a lot....there go my Thanksgiving plans! :rant:I think you'd better stay in this Thanksgiving, Tom.