PDA

View Full Version : Giambi's tumor..

sq764
08-16-2004, 06:47 PM
I know it's personal and it's his own business where his tumor was...but... Why SO secret on it? If he was so concerned about prvacy, why did he mention a tumor at all?

This certainly is not the best way to nix any steroid speculation..

Zaf
08-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Cut the guy some slack. Not an easy thing to go through.

ZAFONIC

sq764
08-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Well, if it was a result of steroid use, I have ZERO sympathy for the guy.. Just a result of stupidity..

(Of course without knowing that, I hope it wasn't a result of that and I wish him well)

Bubbles
08-16-2004, 08:38 PM
I wish him well, too, but where exactly IS this tumor? I remember some saying that if the tumor was on his liver, the tumor is proof positive he used steroids. Does anyone know if that's true or not?

Lance
08-16-2004, 08:53 PM
"I remember some saying that if the tumor was on his liver, the tumor is proof positive he used steroids. Does anyone know if that's true or not?"

I don't know where it is, but if it's on his liver, that would certainly not be proof positive he used steroids.

Bubbles
08-16-2004, 08:55 PM
OK, thanks Lance. Must have just been a bunch of hotshot NYC radio show hosts thinking they own the city, lol.

Steve 'StatMan'
08-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Maybe it was in his gonads? John Kruk lost a testicle due to cancer, and it took an unusual amount of guts to admit that in public, and the macho world of sports.

sq764
08-16-2004, 09:17 PM
And if OJ's next wife suddenly got murdered, it would absolutely be an isolated incident in your mind?? :-)

Storm Cadet
08-16-2004, 09:25 PM
It's been so long since he played well for us that we dont miss his strike outs and poor fielding...new 1st basemen plus Clark will do well for the rest of the season.

Giambi needs time to flush out all the crap he was putting into his system after steroids were banned. I betcha the Yankee team MD's wish they had a list of all the stuff Giambi took from Balco. No wonder why his blood levels are all screwed up and he looks like death.

I'll bet that when he stopped taking roids, that he substituted something else, didn't know the proper dosage (like most of that crap out there) and it started to build toxic levels in his system. He must have listened to Gary Contessa or Mark Shuman on health care vitamins supplements

And George signed this guy for 6 more years...his health won't last 2 more season. :eek:

Lance
08-16-2004, 09:43 PM
SQ764 wrote:

"And if OJ's next wife suddenly got murdered, it would absolutely be an isolated incident in your mind?? :-)"

No, I'd assume that those one-legged Colombian drug lords definitely have something against women who marry OJ. (Leno joke.)

sq764
08-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Exactly... point being - if it walks like a duck and acts like a duck, then Giambi is on steroids..

Lance
08-16-2004, 10:18 PM
SQ764 wrote:

"Exactly... point being - if it walks like a duck and acts like a duck, then Giambi is on steroids.."

No, SQ, that is not proof. It could be a man in a ducksuit. People who don't take steroids also get liver tumors. We don't convict on this sort of evidence. It is not proof positive, and I think you know it isn't.

JustRalph
08-16-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Exactly... point being - if it walks like a duck and acts like a duck, then Giambi is on steroids..

http://www.kuropla.com/aflac/logo/duck.jpg

Bingo!

sq764
08-16-2004, 10:26 PM
Lance, it certainly is not proof positive, but tell me this.. IF he did have a tumor on his liver, combined with his miraculous weight loss this year, would you even be suspicious?

I know you are being politically correct and giving him the benefit of hte doubt, but let's also be realistic here..

Lance
08-16-2004, 10:36 PM
SQ wrote: "IF he did have a tumor on his liver, combined with his miraculous weight loss this year, would you even be suspicious?"

Hell, I thought he was on steroids before I heard about the tumor. I was just trying to make the point, in regard to Bubbles' question, that we don't have proof positive, and we won't get it from a liver tumor. I am the biggest hardliner on steroids. I'd give every athlete a steroid test once a month and ban for life everyone who flunked. Steroids are ruining sports. The people taking them are cheaters. And the players' unions that oppose steroid testing are hurting their members' health and killing the golden goose. The baseball players union is the dumbest ####ing union in the history of mankind. So I don't really think you and I disagree here, SQ.

sq764
08-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Ahh, then yes, we totally agree..

I just thought that if he was confident that it had nothing to do with steroids, we would have heard about the actual location of it..

Steve 'StatMan'
08-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Hence my speculation regarding his nads.

ie - if it isn't Steroids related, it might be in his nads.

PaceAdvantage
08-17-2004, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Lance
The baseball players union is the dumbest ####ing union in the history of mankind. So I don't really think you and I disagree here, SQ.

Actually, the baseball players union exists for one purpose...to protect the best interests of the players, ideally. That is why ALL unions exist in this country, IDEALLY. Thus, you might agree with the statement that ALL unions are "dumb," correct?

Lance
08-17-2004, 05:26 AM
PA wrote:

" the baseball players union exists for one purpose...to protect the best interests of the players, ideally. That is why ALL unions exist in this country, IDEALLY. Thus, you might agree with the statement that ALL unions are "dumb," correct?"

Incorrect, PA. I have seen bad logic. I have seen very bad logic. I have seen terrible logic. And now I am seeing this logic, which, simply put, is as dumb as any "logic" I have ever seen. And you know it is. You are a smart, logical man. So why did you ask me this idiotic question?

Valuist
08-17-2004, 09:49 AM
I'm sure the Giambi news hit homew/Bonds. I believe his father died from liver cancer. Toss in all the stuff he's taken and he's not looking at an extended life span.

Lance
08-17-2004, 01:47 PM
I believe Barry's father died from lung cancer and a brain tumor.

sq764
08-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Lance, this is true..

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2003/08/23/obituary1354EDT0390.DTL