PDA

View Full Version : Historical Race Track Attendance

MonmouthParkJoe
11-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Hello!

Does anyone have any idea where I can get historical race track attendance figures going back a couple decades?

I know the American Racing Manual published by DRF has them based on some back volumes I have, but I only have a couple.

Fager Fan
11-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Hello!

Does anyone have any idea where I can get historical race track attendance figures going back a couple decades?

I know the American Racing Manual published by DRF has them based on some back volumes I have, but I only have a couple.

The Jockey Club can give a yearly attendance, but I assume you're looking for more specific information. Equibase surely has the numbers though I don't know if anyone will help by supplying them to you.

castaway01
11-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Hello!

Honestly, I'm not sure how much good they would do you. When I was a regular at PA and Jersey tracks, so many people got in through different means that I'm not sure the turnstile count would mean much.

clocker7
11-18-2017, 03:26 PM
There are people near the big horse racing libraries who will do research like that. Usually, it costs in the range of $100-200 for something of that scope. They will even take cell phone shots of the book pages that you require. I have the email of a person who did work for me in 2014. PM me if interested.

Or you can visit one of them. In the east, Saratoga has a complete library and so does the National Sporting Library in Middleburg, VA.

zerosky
11-24-2017, 07:36 AM
Quick google search found this. It only goes back to 2008
https://www.statista.com/statistics/232184/any-horse-racing-event-attendance-usa/