PDA

View Full Version : Interesting quote by John Kimmel

Afleet
11-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Kimmel prides himself on his squeaky-clean reputation.

“I'm sure there are things that go on that are not on the up and up, but I don't play that game,” he said. “I'm sure an advocate of a level playing field.”

He praised tight security at the Breeders' Cup while noting an unusually large number of surprising results. “Maybe there were some horses that didn't run the races they had before,” he said, “because maybe there are some things people do that they can't do under those circumstances.”

https://www.paulickreport.com/features/breeders-cup-presents-connections/breeders-cup-presents-connections-kimmel-overcomes-odds-bar-gold/

jocko699
11-15-2017, 10:41 PM

“I'm sure there are things that go on that are not on the up and up, but I don't play that game,” he said. “I'm sure an advocate of a level playing field.”

He praised tight security at the Breeders' Cup while noting an unusually large number of surprising results. “Maybe there were some horses that didn't run the races they had before,” he said, “because maybe there are some things people do that they can't do under those circumstances.”

https://www.paulickreport.com/features/breeders-cup-presents-connections/breeders-cup-presents-connections-kimmel-overcomes-odds-bar-gold/

Afleet,

Thanks for the link. I enjoyed the article:headbanger:

Arapola
11-16-2017, 01:10 PM
Nice to see a "Good Guy"come out on top!:jump::jump::jump:

Prioress Ply
11-17-2017, 02:27 AM

Yeah just maybe. Too bad he didn't name some names but I think we all can guess who some of the names are...

GMB@BP
11-17-2017, 01:38 PM

LOL, not sure what or who he is getting at but Peter Miller won two races....so maybe its not quite a tight as one would imagine.

SG4
11-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Yeah just maybe. Too bad he didn't name some names but I think we all can guess who some of the names are...

I think this was a pretty reckless comment from Kimmel. There are certainly suspicions on who is perhaps gaining a chemical edge vs the "clean" stables, but from those BC races there may have been a lot of poor performances, but each one I think is pretty explainable based on trip or handicapping 20-20 hindsight. What names do you think he's getting at? There was only one trainer (Sadler) who had 2 low priced horses run complete duds that I couldn't figure on happening.

I'm probably biased here because Bar of Gold was on all my tickets (not that any of them ended up cashing) so her win didn't surprise me at all, especially given the superb ride & race set up, so I don't think her win was some referendum on any particular type of trainer or anything deeper.

GMB@BP
11-18-2017, 11:00 AM
I think this was a pretty reckless comment from Kimmel. There are certainly suspicions on who is perhaps gaining a chemical edge vs the "clean" stables, but from those BC races there may have been a lot of poor performances, but each one I think is pretty explainable based on trip or handicapping 20-20 hindsight. What names do you think he's getting at? There was only one trainer (Sadler) who had 2 low priced horses run complete duds that I couldn't figure on happening.

I'm probably biased here because Bar of Gold was on all my tickets (not that any of them ended up cashing) so her win didn't surprise me at all, especially given the superb ride & race set up, so I don't think her win was some referendum on any particular type of trainer or anything deeper.

Well whats funny is the horses who were not expected run good coming in for the most part didnt, and the ones who figured to get very poor setups ran poorly as well.

I guess Stellar Wind was probably the biggest head scratcher in the two days.

cj
11-18-2017, 11:40 AM
Well whats funny is the horses who were not expected run good coming in for the most part didnt, and the ones who figured to get very poor setups ran poorly as well.

I guess Stellar Wind was probably the biggest head scratcher in the two days.

Stellar Wind ran three races this year before the Distaff, all with little pace. The last race was in July. Call me crazy, but that doesn't seem like any way to prepare a horse for a championship race. I know Forever Unbridled only ran twice, but at least her last race was a month later and had a solid pace. I think pace matters when it comes to getting horses fit.

GMB@BP
11-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Stellar Wind ran three races this year before the Distaff, all with little pace. The last race was in July. Call me crazy, but that doesn't seem like any way to prepare a horse for a championship race. I know Forever Unbridled only ran twice, but at least her last race was a month later and had a solid pace. I think pace matters when it comes to getting horses fit.

oh believe me, any older horse with a designed 3 race campaign I totally root to fall flat on their face.