PDA

View Full Version : Tablets

hracingplyr
11-12-2017, 09:38 AM
Hi guys want to buy a tablet that i can use for the track and my Time Form PP's. I am looking at the Amazon fire 10 with a 10.1 screen. The reviews on this have been very good. I contacted Time form customer support and asked them if i can download there pp's with this tablet and they responded, it should work. I am a little concerned with the response should work. So is anybody using this for there Timeform PP's? It is a great price at 189.00 for 64GB.

Bob

Secondbest
11-12-2017, 10:08 AM
I have both an iPad and an Android tablet both work fine with time form.

hracingplyr
11-12-2017, 10:13 AM
thanks for the info. Is there a big difference in the graphics between the Amazon and i pad

therussmeister
11-12-2017, 10:31 AM
The problem with Amazon tablets is they use their own proprietary browser, so there may be problems with time form downloads. That is probably why they did not state categorically that it would work.

I do not know if you can install another browser on those tablets.

I was always tempted to get one too, buy am too afraid of compatibility problems with certain web sites.

hracingplyr
11-12-2017, 10:36 AM
For the info, i just might be better off going with the iPad for 329.00, my girlfriend has one and loves it

Road Kill
11-12-2017, 04:20 PM
The problem with Amazon tablets is they use their own proprietary browser, so there may be problems with time form downloads. That is probably why they did not state categorically that it would work.

I do not know if you can install another browser on those tablets.

I was always tempted to get one too, buy am too afraid of compatibility problems with certain web sites.

You usually can download Puffin(browser) on any device to work around Adobe Flash issues and other browsing problems. It's free...but you don't always get the mobile browsing options as you do on chrome and safari.