PDA

View Full Version : UCLA basketball players arrested on shoplifting

onefast99
11-08-2017, 02:55 PM
charges. Could face up to 10 years in jail. I'm sure the NCAA will investigate this and each player will be given a verbal warning and the coach will state he has no control over his kids but based on the recent NCAA ruling involving North Carolina that is ok per the "NEW" NCAA rules and regulations. Just don't be a mid major or school where the NCAA has a different set of rules because you will get the death penalty. This will be interesting as it unfolds. Hopefully those kids won't spend a minute in jail there. For those who think the NCAA is fair with all schools wait until you see the Bob Knight ESPN interview!!!

JustRalph
11-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Trump, please stay out of this......

barahona44
11-08-2017, 03:33 PM
I was wondering who gets 10 years for shoplifting but further research showed this happened in China.One of the players involved is Lonzo Ball's brother. Wonder what Dad is thinking.

onefast99
11-09-2017, 11:15 AM
I was wondering who gets 10 years for shoplifting but further research showed this happened in China.One of the players involved is Lonzo Ball's brother. Wonder what Dad is thinking.He was on TMZ and said it isn't a big deal. The NCAA will bail them out since there is a lot of interest in the sport in China. Then the NCAA will see just how much UCLA has given to college basketball and send them a boiler plate letter on conduct unbecoming.

Inner Dirt
11-09-2017, 06:51 PM
How stupid can those kids be? Anybody who even belches too loudly in a third world or communist country definitely has no brains.

mountainman
11-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Wonder what Dad is thinking.

My oldest kid can't shoot.

davew
11-11-2017, 11:22 PM
I wonder if it was a counterfeit Louis Vuitton store?

onefast99
11-13-2017, 10:59 AM
The players will remain in China for 2 weeks until the legal issues associated with the case are all completely dismissed.

JustRalph
11-13-2017, 05:01 PM
I heard Trump stuck his nose in it.......

Stupid!

onefast99
11-13-2017, 06:17 PM

Stupid!
He asked that the players be treated fairly. I'm sure you realize UCLA wont even get a threat from the NCAA in regards to any sort of discipline, go figure!

onefast99
11-15-2017, 10:01 AM
A hero's welcome as the three returned from China. The NCAA said this is an international event that has been cleared up by the Chinese government. I would think the NCAA would have taken a harder stance, but oh wait it is a storybook program, what was I thinking. :bang:

AndyC
11-15-2017, 10:30 AM
He asked that the players be treated fairly. I'm sure you realize UCLA wont even get a threat from the NCAA in regards to any sort of discipline, go figure!

UCLA shouldn't get a threat from the NCAA but the players should get some major penalties from UCLA. It will be interesting to see how this is handled by the coach and administration.

cj
11-15-2017, 04:29 PM
UCLA shouldn't get a threat from the NCAA but the players should get some major penalties from UCLA. It will be interesting to see how this is handled by the coach and administration.

Should, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

therussmeister
11-15-2017, 05:12 PM

Suspended indefinitely.

_______
11-15-2017, 05:21 PM
Suspended indefinitely.

In California, theft of more than $950 is a felony. I'm guessing that's around 2.5-3 Louis Vuitton sunglasses.

I never thought I'd say it but thank god this happened in China. To a set of talented basketball players. Because anywhere else and anyone else it doesn't end as well.

"Indefinetly".

Anyone want to post an over/under above 5 games?

NJ Stinks
11-15-2017, 05:31 PM
Let's see if I got this right.

1) Somebody at UCLA (and Georgia Tech) thought it a great idea to take "students" out of school for 9 days and travel at least 10,000 miles to play one basketball game in China.

2) Said "students" seem a tad ungrateful for the "cultural" experience and ripoff 3 stores in 90 minutes. It could be a record - somebody at ESPN might know. :rolleyes:

3) Rumor has it UCLA coach Steve Alford passed on recruiting Chip Hilton....;)

jocko699
11-15-2017, 06:00 PM
In California, theft of more than $950 is a felony. I'm guessing that's around 2.5-3 Louis Vuitton sunglasses.

I never thought I'd say it but thank god this happened in China. To a set of talented basketball players. Because anywhere else and anyone else it doesn't end as well.

"Indefinetly".

Anyone want to post an over/under above 5 games?

I'd take the over. I believe a one-month suspension is about right.

barahona44
11-15-2017, 06:36 PM
I'll go with the under.Scholarship players that are suspended/booted cannot be replaced with another scholarship player for the season;UCLA isn't going to forfeit three roster slots for shoplifting.Also, without consulting their schedule ,most top flight programs first month is full of tomato cans from lower level Division 1 and D-2 programs.I'm sure as soon as the conference schedule gets started,UCLA will determine that the lads learned their lesson and will resume their roles as student-athletes.:rolleyes:

reckless
11-15-2017, 10:39 PM
Let's see if I got this right.

Rumor has it UCLA coach Steve Alford passed on recruiting Chip Hilton....;)

I always thought that Steve Alford was Chip Hilton... :)

kingfin66
11-15-2017, 11:42 PM

Stupid!

I heard and audio cut where one of the kids thanked the President. I have mixed feelings about the president getting involved. Would he do it for other similarly situated Americans? If so, I am all for it, but I doubt that he would.

NJ Stinks
11-15-2017, 11:49 PM
I always thought that Steve Alford was Chip Hilton... :)

Good one, Reckless! :D

Inner Dirt
11-16-2017, 01:00 AM
While I don't think they should have gotten 10 years hard labor they should not have gotten off punishment free by the Chinese either. For being so stupid they needed to be taught a lesson.

onefast99
11-16-2017, 08:38 AM
I'll go with the under.Scholarship players that are suspended/booted cannot be replaced with another scholarship player for the season;UCLA isn't going to forfeit three roster slots for shoplifting.Also, without consulting their schedule ,most top flight programs first month is full of tomato cans from lower level Division 1 and D-2 programs.I'm sure as soon as the conference schedule gets started,UCLA will determine that the lads learned their lesson and will resume their roles as student-athletes.:rolleyes:
The big issue here is that the NCAA has been quiet on anything in regards to punishment, but that doesn't mean the school has been they indefinitely suspended the players. The school has to act first and then the NCAA can come in and do nothing.