PDA

View Full Version : Wish me Luck again

Parson
11-08-2017, 10:21 AM
The words of Shakespeare are more true tomorrow than ever. He wrote " hope springs eternal..." Those words are so true for unraced 2 yr olds. Wish me luck, we have an Elusive Quality filly running in the 5th @ CDX tomorrow 11/9. We are the 4 horse in the 5th race. Let's run like you stole it Elusive Mist.

outofthebox
11-08-2017, 10:38 AM
The words of Shakespeare are more true tomorrow than ever. He wrote " hope springs eternal..." Those words are so true for unraced 2 yr olds. Wish me luck, we have an Elusive Quality filly running in the 5th @ CDX tomorrow 11/9. We are the 4 horse in the 5th race. Let's run like you stole it Elusive Mist.Best of luck tomorrow...

oughtoh
11-08-2017, 11:54 AM
Wishing you the best of luck tomorrow.

lamboguy
11-08-2017, 12:31 PM
i wish you double luck, you can always use it in this game.

Afleet
11-08-2017, 07:34 PM
big field, best of luck

Parson
11-09-2017, 06:38 PM
I told myself if she ran 7 or better first time out, that would be great. She broke terrible, spotted the field about 15 or 20 lengths. Ran game in the stretch by splitting horses and got up for 6th. The bad start cost being in the money I am pretty sure. Cant wait until next time out. FGX if I have to guess. another at CDX would be bit too soon for a 2 yr old

lamboguy
11-09-2017, 07:07 PM
if you want to be in the 2 year old business you have to teach your horse how to behave right from the start.

you could send your horses down to Keith Asmussen in Loredo, Texas. he does as good a job as anyone. GUNRUNNER started with him. he's not expensive either. his horses never miss the break because they are taught properly. now you have to hope that this horse doesn't have a bad habit.

there are other places that do a great job in either Ocala, or South Carolina.

Parson
11-09-2017, 10:12 PM
we have not had any problems working from the gate in the morning. She has been has been in the barn since June training after a brief stay back to the farm after Ocala in April. I have friends that have used the same outfit that motion uses in SC. I think it was a first time start jitter more than a bad habit, but if it shows up again in the mornings, i will keep it under advisement

Lemon Drop Husker
11-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Great stuff.

Elusive Mist. You damn right I'll be waiting. :jump:

Road Kill
11-10-2017, 01:45 PM
we have not had any problems working from the gate in the morning. She has been has been in the barn since June training after a brief stay back to the farm after Ocala in April. I have friends that have used the same outfit that motion uses in SC. I think it was a first time start jitter more than a bad habit, but if it shows up again in the mornings, i will keep it under advisement

Plenty of young firsters have the first time jitters, no reason for a training over haul...horses, like dogs, enjoy making their owners/trainers look like liars when asked to perform a trick they've done a hundred times. :bang:

Congrats on even getting one through the gates... Hope the next start shows improvement!