PDA

View Full Version : Trump rebuke: Dems win big tonight

FantasticDan
11-07-2017, 11:47 PM
I'm absolutely stunned there's not a thread :lol:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/07/democrats-virginia-new-jersey-election-results-244674

JustRalph
11-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Hillary is still not President.

One State stayed with a Blue Gov, the-other went back to its blue ways.

Yawn......

NJ Stinks
11-08-2017, 12:47 AM

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/07/democrats-virginia-new-jersey-election-results-244674

Yea, as Superman liked to say, it was a pretty good night for "truth, justice, and the American way". :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
11-08-2017, 12:50 AM
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/928071484026818560

reckless
11-08-2017, 12:50 AM

I am absolutely stunned it took you this long to post such stupid analysis of two predictable election outcomes.

First off, Ed Gillespie is a Bush family toady. Why would Trump supporters vote for an establishment clown such as Gillespie, a former head of the RNC who was born in New Jersey for christ sakes?

Gillespie didn't seek Trump's support and this lack of common sense hurt him bigtime -- he way underperformed versus Trump, who lost Virginia in 2016 by a way smaller margin than Gillespie's big loss Tuesday.

This GOP loss is no big deal -- except to the neophytes and common-sense deniers in the hate-Trump camp.

The real truth to this election is that the Bush-wing of the GOP is now oh, so much closer to extinction.

Gillespie was just another weak, stupid and scared Republican that hasn't had an original thought since John C. Fremont. On Tuesday, we put another fork into the loser wing of the GOP -- the party of Gillespie, Karl Rove, the entire Bush family and a few more too insignificant to mention at this time.

The loss by Chris Christie's Lt. Governor in New Jersey was also definitely a no brainer -- again, except to those with no brains.

To remotely suggest that this NJ governor race was a referendum on Trump is patently laughable.

FantasticDan
11-08-2017, 01:03 AM
Dems win from coast to coast :headbanger:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/359310-dems-win-from-coast-to-coast

Ocala Mike
11-08-2017, 01:33 AM
Dan, the least you could do is offer thoughts and prayers to those who suffered losses tonight. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

mostpost
11-08-2017, 01:51 AM
Hillary is still not President.

One State stayed with a Blue Gov, the-other went back to its blue ways.

Yawn......
Try to stay awake. I will explain it to you. In the Virginia House of Delegates before tonight, Republicans held a 66-34 Majority. Right now, Democrats are within three successful recounts of controlling that body. Also, Northram's nine point margin of victory is the largest by a Democratic gubernatorial canidate in 32 years.

JustRalph
11-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Try to stay awake. I will explain it to you. In the Virginia House of Delegates before tonight, Republicans held a 66-34 Majority. Right now, Democrats are within three successful recounts of controlling that body. Also, Northram's nine point margin of victory is the largest by a Democratic gubernatorial canidate in 32 years.

Yawn.........you lost over a 1000 offices during Obama's terms....

And you’re ecstatic over a few predictable wins.......

Yawn........

mostpost
11-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Yawn.........you lost over a 1000 offices during Obama's terms....

Yawn........
They were predictable because of the disaster that is Donald Trump. Here's another prediction. There will be many more.

Clocker
11-08-2017, 10:08 AM
They were predictable because of the disaster that is Donald Trump.

What has Trump done that made Americans overall worse off than they were before he took office?

Clocker
11-08-2017, 10:17 AM

Two blue states electing Democratic governors is predictable? Wow, who could have guessed? :faint:

thaskalos
11-08-2017, 10:38 AM
What has Trump done that made Americans overall worse off than they were before he took office?

Had OBAMA done anything to "make Americans overall worse off than they were before he took office"? And yet, if you went by the rhetoric here...you would have thought that Obama brought the world to a premature end.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2017, 10:50 AM
And yet, if you went by the rhetoric here...you would have thought that Obama brought the world to a premature end.It's good to see thaskalos is still rooted in reality...not...:kiss:

Tom
11-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Two blue states electing Democratic governors is predictable? Wow, who could have guessed? :faint:

Cut them some slack, clocker....they have so little to cheer about these days. Other than this election, the best thing in mostie's life the past year is he didn't get shot in the streets of Chicago!

And Dan......his roommate told him this was good. You know his roommate, Baghdad Bob? :pound:

AndyC
11-08-2017, 10:55 AM
Had OBAMA done anything to "make Americans overall worse off than they were before he took office"?

I really wouldn't know where to start. Foreign policy, domestic policy, race relations, immigration policy, etc., etc. Thanks for the fastball down the middle but I will sit this one out.

Tom
11-08-2017, 11:02 AM
I would answer his question, but I fear carpel tunnel.

thaskalos
11-08-2017, 11:04 AM
It's good to see thaskalos is still rooted in reality...not...:kiss:

Did I exaggerate? All I've been reading here is about how much Obama "hated America"...and yet...the average American on the street couldn't name a single way in which Obama "underperformed" when compared to his predecessor...the "America-loving" George W. Bush. :rolleyes:

Clocker
11-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Had OBAMA done anything to "make Americans overall worse off than they were before he took office"?

You answer a question by avoiding it and asking another question? Here are a few off the top of my head.

ObamaCare is a complete disaster. People are forced to buy very expensive insurance that they cannot use because they can't afford the co-pays and deductibles. Millions were put on Medicaid and can't get medical care because most doctors will no longer accept it. Major insurance companies are pulling out of markets because they can't make money. Thousands of doctors are retiring or joining big corporate health care groups because of the costs and burdens of regulation.

The Obama EPA put billions of dollars of new expenses on corporations which get passed on to consumers, and virtually killed the US coal industry.

Race relations in this country are worse now than when Obama took office. Obama and Holder contributed to the decline.

Illegal immigration is a much bigger problem than before. Again, Obama and Holder part of the problem.

Obama's IRS targeted conservatives.

PaceAdvantage
11-08-2017, 11:06 AM
Thask,

Every president gets shatted upon here.

Bush took it up the wazoo here...Trump isn't faring too well on here either.

I don't get you guys...THERE ARE BOTH SIDES represented here...you're a shining example of one of them...and you have green dots to boot...

Tom
11-08-2017, 11:10 AM
Did I exaggerate? All I've been reading here is about how much Obama "hated America"...and yet...the average American on the street couldn't name a single way in which Obama "underperformed" when compared to his predecessor...the "America-loving" George W. Bush. :rolleyes:

You have obviously missed a good number of thread here.:rolleyes:

thaskalos
11-08-2017, 11:12 AM
I really wouldn't know where to start. Foreign policy, domestic policy, race relations, immigration policy, etc., etc. Thanks for the fastball down the middle but I will sit this one out.

Gee, Andy...I wonder if you will hold our NEW president to such high standards in these areas. I never knew that the Americans cared so much about "foreign policy". I thought that their motto is "Screw the rest of the world...we don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks of us". Isn't this what I keep reading here?

thaskalos
11-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Thask,

Every president gets shatted upon here.

Bush took it up the wazoo here...Trump isn't faring too well on here either.

I don't get you guys...THERE ARE BOTH SIDES represented here...you're a shining example of one of them...and you have green dots to boot...

Trump isn't faring too well here? Which Republican opinions here gave you that impression?

reckless
11-08-2017, 11:22 AM
I am absolutely stunned it took you this long to post such stupid analysis of two predictable election outcomes.

First off, Ed Gillespie is a Bush family toady. Why would Trump supporters vote for an establishment clown such as Gillespie, a former head of the RNC who was born in New Jersey for christ sakes?

Gillespie didn't seek Trump's support and this lack of common sense hurt him bigtime -- he way underperformed versus Trump, who lost Virginia in 2016 by a way smaller margin than Gillespie's big loss Tuesday.

This GOP loss is no big deal -- except to the neophytes and common-sense deniers in the hate-Trump camp.

The real truth to this election is that the Bush-wing of the GOP is now oh, so much closer to extinction.

Gillespie was just another weak, stupid and scared Republican that hasn't had an original thought since John C. Fremont. On Tuesday, we put another fork into the loser wing of the GOP -- the party of Gillespie, Karl Rove, the entire Bush family and a few more too insignificant to mention at this time.

The loss by Chris Christie's Lt. Governor in New Jersey was also definitely a no brainer -- again, except to those with no brains.

To remotely suggest that this NJ governor race was a referendum on Trump is patently laughable.

I am glad to see I am still on ignore by all the experts on here...

Listen all you geniuses you might learn something for a change:

Ed Gillespie lost because he was your typical cowardly, patently stupid and compromised Republican candidate who was a lifetime Bush acolyte and with a history of being rejected by the voters of Virginia! Trump had nothing to do with this loss.

Gillespie ran for the US Senate four years ago and lost to the incoherent Mark Warner. Why? One reason was Gillespie, a former head of the RNC, was deeply connected to G.W. Bush, the dummy son of the insane sexual slob G.H.W. Bush (who voted for Hillary! by the way).

Gillespie's loss Tuesday lies squarely in the lap of the Bush-Rove loser wing of the Republican Party.

For all you know-it-alls, explain this result if you care to:

Ed Gillespie, who ignored Trump's policies, gets just 45.1 per cent and loses by 220,000 votes.

Jill Vogel, who didn't ignore Trump's policies, lost her Lt. Governor race with 47.3 per cent and lost by just 140,000 votes.

Vogel did way better than Gillespie. She outperformed her idiot running mate but still paid the price for his stupidity.
Just like Kim Guadagno lost in NJ because of fat Chris Christie and no one else.

davew
11-08-2017, 11:25 AM
they sure did- have they hit bottom or just a mild correction?

http://www.marketpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/NZDUSD-4hr-1024x640.png

woodtoo
11-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Gee, Andy...I wonder if you will hold our NEW president to such high standards in these areas. I never knew that the Americans cared so much about "foreign policy". I thought that their motto is "Screw the rest of the world...we don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks of us". Isn't this what I keep reading here?

You just experienced a winning night but you've lost that winning feeling.
instead of giddiness (joyous) I hear gloating. Wasting a winning moment.

Better luck next year. :lol::lol:
#nottiredofwinning

Clocker
11-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Trump isn't faring too well here? Which Republican opinions here gave you that impression?

Not everyone opposed to Obama and Hillary is a Republican. Many viewed Trump as the lesser of two evils, period.

How much of Trump's evil agenda savaged by the left has he managed to implement?

Clocker
11-08-2017, 11:35 AM
I am glad to see I am still on ignore by all the experts on here...

Listen all you geniuses you might learn something for a change:

Perhaps it has something to do with that attitude? Just a helpful hint :p

AndyC
11-08-2017, 11:57 AM

I hold everyone to high standards. Trump is not without faults. But my comments were about the former president, not a blanket approval of the current one.

Gee, I can't imagine why anyone would be concerned about foreign policy. Countries fine-tuning their nuclear arsenal with the goal of attacking the US is not a problem but redistributing wealth via a bogus climate agreement is the top concern?

FantasticDan
11-08-2017, 12:09 PM
Another headline from the evening: Transgender woman defeats "Chief Homophobe" in VA State race:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/danica-roem-will-be-vas-first-openly-transgender-elected-official-after-unseating-conservative-robert-g-marshall-in-house-race/2017/11/07/d534bdde-c0af-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html

Marshall Bennett
11-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Yeah right, Democrats are right back on track again. Your party is in shambles and about to get a lot worse. The feds will eventually clean house for you guys since you can't seem to do it yourself. Your party's base are losers, liars, cheaters, and crooks. More and more average Americans are shying away each day simply because they don't want to associate themselves with you any longer.
So go ahead and celebrate the entire week if you feel the need. You need all the hope and incentive you can muster. :)

Marshall Bennett
11-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Not a thing. We're a lot better off and would be much more so if Democrats in congress and a few federal judges would get their heads out of their asses.
The fact things are looking better only pisses liberals off even more, adding to their Hillary failure. They want America destroyed not because they hate America, but because they hate Republicans. It's really pretty sick, but it is what it is.

Marshall Bennett
11-08-2017, 12:27 PM
Another headline from the evening: Transgender woman defeats "Chief Homophobe" in VA State race:

The garbage you post here is representative of what your party has been reduced to. When the going gets rough and the road ahead appears washed out, resort to spewing shit, violence, or whatever it takes.
You are indeed a miserable brand of people. :p

FantasticDan
11-08-2017, 12:34 PM
The garbage you post here is representative of what your party has been reduced to. When the going gets rough and the road ahead appears washed out, resort to spewing shit, violence, or whatever it takes. You are indeed a miserable brand of people. :p
:D What the hell are you talking about? I posted an election result. And the reason why "chief homophobe" was in quotes was because that's how the defeated republican has proudly referred to himself in the past.. :bang:

Tom
11-08-2017, 12:36 PM
But they are fun to observe when someone throws them a crumb.
:pound::pound::pound:

STILL totally clueless and in denial.

FantasticDan
11-08-2017, 12:47 PM
But they are fun to observe when someone throws them a crumb. :pound::pound::pound:

Said the guy who spends most of the day face-planted in his oatmeal :lol: :ThmbUp:

woodtoo
11-08-2017, 12:58 PM
Not a thing. We're a lot better off and would be much more so if Democrats in congress and a few federal judges would get their heads out of their asses.
The fact things are looking better only pisses liberals off even more, adding to their Hillary failure. They want America destroyed not because they hate America, but because they hate Republicans. It's really pretty sick, but it is what it is.

Well said.

woodtoo
11-08-2017, 01:06 PM
CBC here touting POTUS failure. Haha

Clocker
11-08-2017, 02:15 PM
Mystery solved. Gillespie lost because he didn't embrace The Donald.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) Ed Gillespie worked hard but did not embrace me or what I stand for. Don’t forget, Republicans won 4 out of 4 House seats, and with the economy doing record numbers, we will continue to win, even bigger than before!

mostpost
11-08-2017, 02:17 PM
He may not have sought his support, but he supported all of Trump's policies from Immigration, to gun control. to Obamacare repeal and so on. That is what cost Gillespie the election.

Gillespie performed worse than Trump, because in the past twelve months, Virginians have come to realize what an unmitigated disaster Trump is and how awful his policies are. Of the people who said their vote was influenced by Trump. two thirds said they were influenced to vote against Trump-hence against Gillespie.

When Gillespie ran against Mark Warner for Senator a few years ago, he ran as a much more moderate candidate. He did well in the northern Democratic counties losing by 3 or 4 percent and even winning one. This time as a radical Trumpite he lost by 20%

FantasticDan
11-08-2017, 03:29 PM
https://twitter.com/harpersbazaarus/status/928304583700512768

woodtoo
11-08-2017, 03:34 PM
The Party of Purple Pussyhats. They are coming for you President Trump, beware.:lol:
The Democrat Party is revolting.:eek:

barahona44
11-08-2017, 04:10 PM
The Party of Purple Pussyhats. They are coming for you President Trump, beware.:lol:
The Democrat Party is revolting.:eek:

Revolting as in rebelling or disgusting?

Like I need to ask.:lol:

woodtoo
11-08-2017, 04:20 PM
Revealing, resisting, take your choice;)
There should be an r before the D

Tom
11-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Revolting as in rebelling or disgusting?

Like I need to ask.:lol:

No, as in their WOMEN! :pound:

woodtoo
11-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Good one Tom.

reckless
11-08-2017, 05:32 PM
He may not have sought his support, but he supported all of Trump's policies from Immigration, to gun control. to Obamacare repeal and so on. That is what cost Gillespie the election.

Gillespie performed worse than Trump, because in the past twelve months, Virginians have come to realize what an unmitigated disaster Trump is and how awful his policies are. Of the people who said their vote was influenced by Trump. two thirds said they were influenced to vote against Trump-hence against Gillespie.

When Gillespie ran against Mark Warner for Senator a few years ago, he ran as a much more moderate candidate. He did well in the northern Democratic counties losing by 3 or 4 percent and even winning one. This time as a radical Trumpite he lost by 20%

Actually, mosty, Gillespie was down double digits for most the campaign. He closed the gap the last 2-3 weeks only after he began mentioning policies that might be considered 'Trump' policies, like being against sanctuary cities, etc. Prior to that he distanced himself from Trump and hired all well-known anti-Trumpers to run his campaign. Look where that got him. :lol:

Spin this all you want... Trump lost Virginia to Hillary by 5 points or so. Gillespie lost by 8 percentage points. GOP candidate for Lt. Governor, Jill Vogel, did better than Gillespie too.

Why did Gillespie's running mate do better than stupid Ed did, if Trump was the anchor as you say? She did better because she openly supported Trump, that's why.

I know all you guys want to make this a Trump loss. Go ahead. People know better, especially those that are working to purge the chronic and consistent losers in the GOP, such as Gillespie, all things Bush, Rove, Corker, McCain, Flake and other jerks.

_______
11-08-2017, 08:47 PM
-Trump's approval rating remains mired below 40%
-Democrats lead by 10 points on a generic congressional ballot poll.
-Republican incumbents are retiring at a rapid pace (NJ Representative Frank LoBiondo and Texas representative Ted Poe on Tuesday alone).
-Democrats are recruiting an astonishing number of well funded candidates.
-Democrats have performed well overall in special elections in the U.S. Congress relative to the partisanship of those districts.
-The opposition party almost always gains ground at midterm elections.

The last is one of the most durable rules of American politics. Off year and special elections generally favor the party out of favor and a President as unpopular as Trump probably exaggerates that effect.

It probably makes Democrats small favorites to take the House despite the 2010 gerrymander. They have virtually no chance in the Senate because the seats that are up in 2018 are largely Democratic.

I think my friend reckless will enjoy the results in 2018 because the Republicans most at risk are those in the few remaining swing districts. Trump remains popular with the Republican base which is why Ed Gillespie had to thread such a narrow needle in purple Virginia (and ultimately failed).

The likelihood is that the remaining Republican party in 2018 will be a much purer Trump party emphasizing his nationalism with less dissent.

Anyone around in 1974 will recognize the pattern. Following Nixon's resignation, Eisenhower Republican's either retired or lost. The party belonged to Reagan a short time later. Now it's time for those Reagan Republican's to walk the plank.

incoming
11-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Actually, mosty, Gillespie was down double digits for most the campaign. He closed the gap the last 2-3 weeks only after he began mentioning policies that might be considered 'Trump' policies, like being against sanctuary cities, etc. Prior to that he distanced himself from Trump and hired all well-known anti-Trumpers to run his campaign. Look where that got him. :lol:

Spin this all you want... Trump lost Virginia to Hillary by 5 points or so. Gillespie lost by 8 percentage points. GOP candidate for Lt. Governor, Jill Vogel, did better than Gillespie too.

Why did Gillespie's running mate do better than stupid Ed did, if Trump was the anchor as you say? She did better because she openly supported Trump, that's why.

I know all you guys want to make this a Trump loss. Go ahead. People know better, especially those that are working to purge the chronic and consistent losers in the GOP, such as Gillespie, all things Bush, Rove, Corker, McCain, Flake and other jerks.

I don't think Gillespie fits the mold of the majority of Trump voters. He has been solidly in the Bush's camp for years, he actually ran the RNC for many years. In other words, he reeks of the smelly swamp. Lots of facts in this election sort of defies logic. Gillespie actually received the second highest number of votes ever cast in a VA gubernatorial election, Northram the highest. Would like to see totals of mail in ballots vs. ballots cast at polls. There was a wide decrevacy between polls and final votes, a close race was predicted.

Clocker
11-08-2017, 10:02 PM
I don't think Gillespie fits the mold of the majority of Trump voters. He has been solidly in the Bush's camp for years, he actually ran the RNC for many years.

Do Virginia voters fit the mold of the majority of Trump voters?

The big thing the Gillespie bashers are ignoring is that Virginia is a blue state. Hillary won it in 2016. And for a little fun with numbers that probably don't mean much, Gillespie had 45.1% of the vote in this election, while Trump had 44.4% in 2016.

JustRalph
11-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Virginia is literally the swamp. Relies on Washington money to exist.

Top ten income counties

incoming
11-08-2017, 10:22 PM
As usual, Clocker, very valid points.

FantasticDan
11-08-2017, 11:20 PM
The big thing the Gillespie bashers are ignoring is that Virginia is a blue state..
Virginia was red from 1968-2004, but has gone blue since 2008. Fair to say it's purple.

lefty359
11-08-2017, 11:51 PM

Big newsflash: Dems win in Dem states hat Trump lost. Pretty predictable.
Yawn:bang:

lefty359
11-09-2017, 12:00 AM
Not everyone opposed to Obama and Hillary is a Republican. Many viewed Trump as the lesser of two evils, period.

How much of Trump's evil agenda savaged by the left has he managed to implement?

It's not up to him to implement. It's up to the Congress, but they can't seem to agree on anything. Not Trump's fault. But things he could do himself he has done. He rolled back hundreds of Obama's business stifling regs. Result: two straight quarters of 3% growth, something Obama couldn't do in 8 yrs. More Americans going back to work. And for the first time in 8 yrs the world is taking an American President most seriously. And the list goes on an on.

Clocker
11-09-2017, 12:14 AM
It's not up to him to implement. It's up to the Congress, but they can't seem to agree on anything. Not Trump's fault.

So the president can just proclaim his wishes and sit back while the Members of Congress do his bidding?

While Congress is in theory independent of the executive branch, it often needs more leadership than it has internally. This is obviously the case with the current Congress, and I see no evidence of any leadership from the White House in working with his party to get joint goals accomplished.

_______
11-09-2017, 12:21 AM
It's not up to him to implement. It's up to the Congress, but they can't seem to agree on anything. Not Trump's fault. But things he could do himself he has done. He rolled back hundreds of Obama's business stifling regs. Result: two straight quarters of 3% growth, something Obama couldn't do in 8 yrs. More Americans going back to work. And for the first time in 8 yrs the world is taking an American President most seriously. And the list goes on an on.

You should look at 2014 q2 and q3. Consecutive 4%+ GDP growth.

Of course, that was back when good economic news was being dismissed here as faked statistics by the same government staticians that are now providing the proof you want to cite.

JustRalph
11-09-2017, 12:58 AM
McCain is going to stop everything until they drop the dirt on his face

Clocker
11-09-2017, 01:00 AM
McCain is going to stop everything until they drop the dirt on his face

I love gridlock. That government that governs least governs best.

Hank
11-09-2017, 01:14 AM

:pound::lol:

Inner Dirt
11-09-2017, 08:38 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/danica-roem-will-be-vas-first-openly-transgender-elected-official-after-unseating-conservative-robert-g-marshall-in-house-race/2017/11/07/d534bdde-c0af-11e7-959c-fe2b598d8c00_story.html

When did the term drag queen fall out of favor?

reckless
11-09-2017, 08:45 AM
Do Virginia voters fit the mold of the majority of Trump voters?

The big thing the Gillespie bashers are ignoring is that Virginia is a blue state. Hillary won it in 2016. And for a little fun with numbers that probably don't mean much, Gillespie had 45.1% of the vote in this election, while Trump had 44.4% in 2016.

Actually what people are ignoring is this: Virginia is really now just big, blue two counties: Fairfax and Loudoun.

My reasons for bashing Gillespie and his loss on Tuesday is way more valid than what's been written here and in the popular press.

upthecreek
11-09-2017, 10:30 AM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/928074747316928513

Inner Dirt
11-09-2017, 12:03 PM
Actually what people are ignoring is this: Virginia is really now just big, blue two counties: Fairfax and Loudoun.

My reasons for bashing Gillespie and his loss on Tuesday is way more valid than what's been written here and in the popular press.

The area in and around Fairfax is where a hoard of people that work in DC live and most Feds vote for Democrats. In the city of Alexandria they would vote for an axe murderer if they ran as a Democrat.

Marshall Bennett
11-09-2017, 12:12 PM
:pound::lol:
Be nice if all liberals here kept their replies of ignorance as brief as yours, Hank. :)

woodtoo
11-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Did anyone hear the screaming endlessly at the sky last night?
At my Trump bash all we heard was whining, rioting, and crying.

davew
11-10-2017, 11:25 AM

thank goodness a person of reason can explain it to us. You forgot to mention how the governor's of those states went from Clinton democrat to Sanders democrat and because of this, all Senate seats in 2018 will go democrat.

Clocker
11-10-2017, 12:01 PM
You forgot to mention how the governor's of those states went from Clinton democrat to Sanders democrat and because of this, all Senate seats in 2018 will go democrat.

There is evidence that the Democrat in VA was helped by the departure, at least for now, of Hillary from the political scene.

In a hint of what Democratic turnout may look like when the party is no longer saddled with Hillary Clinton, Ralph Northam did better among almost every demographic than Clinton had. He won 48 percent of women, compared with 43 for Clinton. He won 69 percent of 18–29-year-olds compared with Clinton’s 54 percent. He won 60 percent of college graduates, while Clinton won 55 percent. Only among African-Americans did Clinton edge a slight, one point advantage over Northam’s totals.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453600/donald-trump-republicans-trumpism-has-no-consistent-philosophy

Tom
11-10-2017, 01:48 PM
Be nice if all liberals here kept their replies of ignorance as brief as yours, Hank. :)

You get a greenie for that one, Marshall! :headbanger:

lefty359
11-10-2017, 07:59 PM
So the president can just proclaim his wishes and sit back while the Members of Congress do his bidding?

While Congress is in theory independent of the executive branch, it often needs more leadership than it has internally. This is obviously the case with the current Congress, and I see no evidence of any leadership from the White House in working with his party to get joint goals accomplished.

I think you asked me a foolish question. Everything this President has done to help this country he has done within the parameters of his office.

He has told the congress what he wants and has given them the framework. The rest is up to them. The biggest problem is in the Senate. Paul Ryan and the house has passed over 300 pieces of legislation and the Senate leader hasn't even brought them up for a vote. The fault lies with him and not the President. The problem Trump has is not only with the Dems and he media but the Republican establishment.

Clocker
11-10-2017, 08:43 PM
I think you asked me a foolish question. Everything this President has done to help this country he has done within the parameters of his office.

He has told the congress what he wants and has given them the framework. The rest is up to them.

I think you don't understand how government works. That is not how effective presidents get their agendas enacted. The president and the White House staff has to work with Congress every step of the way, meeting with different factions, sweet-talking and threatening, making compromises (i.e., private deals), and putting the pressure on when appropriate.

MONEY
11-10-2017, 08:53 PM
I think you don't understand how government works. That is not how effective presidents get their agendas enacted. The president and the White House staff has to work with Congress every step of the way, meeting with different factions, sweet-talking and threatening, making compromises (i.e., private deals), and putting the pressure on when appropriate.
The same way former President Obama did it when he was in charge.

jocko699
11-10-2017, 08:56 PM

Spot on!!!

Clocker
11-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Obama didn't really understand it all, but his team of enforcers (Rahm Emanuel, Valerie Jarrett, etc.) were top professionals and knew how to play the game.

Obama actually believed what his staff was telling him. :faint:

rastajenk
11-10-2017, 10:30 PM
But...but...I've always been told he was the smartest guy in the room. :liar:

davew
11-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Obama didn't really understand it all, but his team of enforcers (Rahm Emanuel, Valerie Jarrett, etc.) were top professionals and knew how to play the game.

Obama actually believed what his staff was telling him. :faint:

does 'top professionals' mean crooked as hell, or they just like everyone in Washington DC?

Clocker
11-10-2017, 11:49 PM
does 'top professionals' mean crooked as hell, or they just like everyone in Washington DC?

It means those who know how to get things done without regard to rules, laws, or morals.

Clocker
11-11-2017, 10:13 AM

Only when he had his teleprompter with him. :p

Nutz and Boltz
11-11-2017, 11:34 AM

Being the "smartest guy in the room" doesn't mean you're the best man in the room to be the leader .

Clocker
11-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Being the "smartest guy in the room" doesn't mean you're the best man in the room to be the leader .

Being the smartest guy in the room is highly dependent on who else is in the room.

“Always be around unsuccessful people because everybody will respect you.” -- Donald Trumphttps://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-advice-wisconsin-college-students-221383

incoming
11-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
But...but...I've always been told he was the smartest guy in the room.

It must have been a small room...or a room full of New Democrat Party leaders. For example, let's put him in a room with Clarence Thomas, Dr. Ben Carson and Condi Rice he would be a "stick out" of his true color...a poster child for Affirmative Action.:rolleyes: or as Sandra Sanders would say "all hat no cattle."

FantasticDan
11-12-2017, 10:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUxNeXgC70

incoming
11-12-2017, 11:18 AM
I am incoming, I fully support the political message...above

:headbanger::lol::lol:

kingfin66
11-12-2017, 01:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUxNeXgC70

I just copied that video onto my clipboard and was going to post, but you beat me too it. A great troll by SNL. That hits pretty close to home for democrats.