PDA

View Full Version : Gun Runner's BC Speed Figures...Beyer vs Bris vs TimeformUS

Mulerider
11-07-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm reading that Gun Runner's Beyer for the Classic was 117. Bris, on the other hand, assigned him a 113, one tick lower than what Bris assigned him last out in the Woodward. Normally Bris figures are a few points higher than Beyer due to methodology. Thoughts on which company is more accurate? C.J.'s input would be appreciated.

Mule

cj
11-07-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm reading that Gun Runner's Beyer for the Classic was 117. Bris, on the other hand, assigned him a 113, one tick lower than what Bris assigned him last out in the Woodward. Normally Bris figures are a few points higher than Beyer due to methodology. Thoughts on which company is more accurate? C.J.'s input would be appreciated.

Mule

Beyer = (Bris – 41.1) / .612, or
Bris = .612 x Beyer + 41.1.

I used these back in the old PaceFigures days. I have no idea if they still work.

Using them, a 113 BRIS = a 117 Beyer and a 117 Beyer = 113. Looks like they agree if the conversion still works.

My figures are here:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141727

I'm about 20 points higher than Beyer on average, so my 140 would be a 120 Beyer. But my overall figures give credit for pace and the final time figure was 137. So we all seem to be really close on this race.

Mulerider
11-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Thanks, C.J. I should have proofread before I posted. The Beyers for GR are higher than Bris, not the other way around.

For the Woodward, Beyer gave a 115, Bris 114. For the Whitney, it was 112 to 107, and 110 to 107 in the Stephen Foster.

Not that this is a big deal, but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether GR actually ran better in the Classic than he did last out in the Woodward. According to the Beyers he did, by 2 points. Bris has him 1 point down from the prior race. How do yours compare?

Mule

cj
11-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Thanks, C.J. I should have proofread before I posted. The Beyers for GR are higher than Bris, not the other way around.

For the Woodward, Beyer gave a 115, Bris 114. For the Whitney, it was 112 to 107, and 110 to 107 in the Stephen Foster.

Not that this is a big deal, but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether GR actually ran better in the Classic than he did last out in the Woodward. According to the Beyers he did, by 2 points. Bris has him 1 point down from the prior race. How do yours compare?

Mule

I have him a hair slower. Beyer decided to break out the Gun Runner Woodward from the other races. It would have been higher if he used the same variant as the other races.

Mulerider
11-07-2017, 03:54 PM
I have him a hair slower. Beyer decided to break out the Gun Runner Woodward from the other races. It would have been higher if he used the same variant as the other races.

Thanks. That explains it.