PDA

View Full Version : Masters Golf on TV

dav4463
08-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Do we have to have some idiot playing Bill Murray in Caddyshack yelling "it's in the hole !" on every shot ? It doesn't even have a chance to go in....but there he is....the idiot....it's in the hole...it's in the hole !!!! SHUT UP ALREADY !!!!!

I figured it out...it's the same guy who goes to track and yells his head off for his 2-5 shot to nose out my 6-1 shot at the wire. He wins a photo....and says, "I knew he would win, you shouldn't have bet on that 6-1 shot...didn't have a chance !"

sq764
08-16-2004, 12:33 AM
Is it the dude on Happy Gilmore that yelled 'Jackass' every swing?? :-)

ranchwest
08-16-2004, 01:34 AM
This reminds me of a situation that happened at the Byron Nelson a few years ago.

A cell phone went off and, as you might imagine, the players and everyone else were near ballistic level. It was the talk of the town.

The next day, a guy called in to a sports radio talk show and explained. He had picked up the phone on a fairway and was holding it to turn it in. When it went off, he didn't own a cell phone, so he ignored it. Finally, he realized what was going on and managed to turn the phone off.

He said he was so embarrassed that he wasn't going to return to the tournament, even though he had several days of tickets remaining.

dav4463
08-16-2004, 02:13 AM
That's a good one. Those golfers and tennis players sure can't handle any outside noise can they ? How is making a putt that much different from sinking a free throw ? Different game though I guess. As a basketball official, I wish basketball had the same gentlemen rules of tennis and golf. It sure would make my job easier !!! Especially with the younger kids...parents are nuts !!