PDA

View Full Version : Forever Unbridled

Mc990
11-02-2017, 01:07 PM
I'm shocked at the lack of hype surrounding this horse. I think she's as likely a winner as anyone not named Bolt D'oro or Lady Aurelia...

She's been consistently fast and may even be sitting on a new top as she hasn't really been asked in her last 2.

I'm not buying Mott getting Elate to fire with an east-west ship... I'm not buying Paradise Woods or Abel Tasman being good enough... I'm not buying the good Stellar Wind showing up tomorrow.

She's as good as it gets as a single IMO

Good luck to all this weekend

Tom
11-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Proven at 9 furlongs, she is my focus in this race. To many others have spent more time hiding from competition than racing.

I am afraid the biggest handicapping factor in this one, as in all of
them is the track. How you have the best days of racing on a third class track like Del Mar???? Having a true championship event has been lost somewhere along the way.

Wiley
11-02-2017, 02:33 PM
Hard to build any momentum on an older horse when they only race twice in a year. Not real sure what is going on there. By Unbridled's Song, so maybe foot issues. Did look good in a strong gallop at Delmar the other day.

Jockey change from Rosario to Velasquez seems odd.
Nice last race to run down Songbird, but that was over 2 months ago.

I liked her last year and if she is right, she is the best finisher in the race along with Stellar Wind. Might be hampered by the short Del Mar stretch though, 919 feet per DRF, as it always looks like it takes her awhile to get rolling. If you like her, you should get a square price, especially with all of the buzz on Elate. Who knows how low that filly's odd's will be at post time.

Redboard
11-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Hard to build any momentum on an older horse when they only race twice in a year. Not real sure what is going on there. By Unbridled's Song, so maybe foot issues. Did look good in a strong gallop at Delmar the other day.

Jockey change from Rosario to Velasquez seems odd.

Yea, that's weird. He's won the last two on her, although he did lose in last years BC. Is Rosario a bad shipper?
:confused:

gabe
11-03-2017, 10:17 AM
I don't think she is good enough. This is a really stacked field and I see two or three in here that are definitely better. She could be in the trifecta.

reckless
11-03-2017, 10:20 AM
The owner took off Rosario off Forever Unbridled for Johnny V the morning of the entries were taken! Poor move IMO.

Rosario and agent made a beef and while Johnny V stays on Rosario will get 'paid' as well if Forever Unbridled wins.

While Rosario has done little wrong on her, my guess is that the connections might want her a wee bit closer early on than usual. Just a guess because if she does run closer than usual will she have the same strong late kick?

All speculation on my part.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/224498/dual-jockey-fee-rule-to-apply-to-forever-unbridled

Redboard
11-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Even though it's a short stretch, I think whoever's on the lead after making the turn is toast. One of these monsters is going to catch her. There's enough speed here to keep them honest.

Will probably be overbet, but I'm singling :5: Elate. Hardly a shocker since she seems to be most of the experts pick.

Afleet
11-03-2017, 12:24 PM
going w/Champagne room for the upset

Exotic1
11-03-2017, 07:45 PM
I'm shocked at the lack of hype surrounding this horse. I think she's as likely a winner as anyone not named Bolt D'oro or Lady Aurelia...

She's been consistently fast and may even be sitting on a new top as she hasn't really been asked in her last 2.

I'm not buying Mott getting Elate to fire with an east-west ship... I'm not buying Paradise Woods or Abel Tasman being good enough... I'm not buying the good Stellar Wind showing up tomorrow.

You were emphatic. Good call !!

Tom
11-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Nice call.
Agree 100% she was the one.

Also glad that that jerk of an owner has to pay double rider fees!

RunDustyRun
11-03-2017, 08:07 PM
I'm sure the owner is happy to pay Rosario to sit...he would have found a way to lose on the best horse just as he had on numerous horses before her..

Tom
11-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Well, the jerk of an owner didn't have to wait until the entires to tell him, keeping Joel out of the race altogether. The guy is classless as well as stupid - can't even talk! Maybe he will have enough money left over to take night classes on how to speak.
Was he drunk or stupid???

I thought Johnny V was a better choice, but the timing just exposed a "lunch" bag of an owner for what he is.

Redboard
11-03-2017, 09:57 PM
I think your being a little hard here Tom. His entourage standing behind him kind of reminded me of the Adams family, one of my all-time favorite shows.
I'm sure Joel doesn't mind getting paid for watching someone else do the work.
:p

iceknight
11-04-2017, 09:58 AM
I'm shocked at the lack of hype surrounding this horse. I think she's as likely a winner as anyone not named Bolt D'oro or Lady Aurelia... ......
or Abel Tasman being good enough... I'm not buying

Good luck to all this weekendNice call on FU. ;)
but Able Tasman gave a good run for the money.. and these two were clear of the rest!

JayTris07
11-04-2017, 10:07 AM

Very Nice, :ThmbUp:

Fleur-de-lis
11-04-2017, 10:43 AM
Can any one point me to the will pays for the Distaff-Classic double? TIA

RunForTheRoses
11-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Can any one point me to the will pays for the Distaff-Classic double? TIA

From another horse racing site:

Approximate Distaff-Classic $2 DD Will Pays. 6 with…

1. 27.80
2. 524.40
3. 1110.20
4. 616.80
5. 37.40
6. 196.60
7. 293.60
8. 54.00
9. 139.20
10. 361.00
11. 84.60

Fleur-de-lis
11-04-2017, 10:50 AM
Excellent! But where do you find those? I looked at a number of different sites including Twin Spires but I can not seem to locate them on my own.

RunForTheRoses
11-04-2017, 12:55 PM
Excellent! But where do you find those? I looked at a number of different sites including Twin Spires but I can not seem to locate them on my own.

It was posted on the Thorograph Message Board.

RunForTheRoses
11-04-2017, 01:07 PM

I do see what you mean, my ADW does not have will pays but you can see the pre-race probables.

FakeNameChanged
11-04-2017, 01:14 PM

http://www.drf.com/live_odds
You may have to set up a free log on. Has will pays and probably pays for exactas and doubles.