PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer first race

lamboguy
10-29-2017, 07:10 PM
the 1 horse WHISKEY ZULU goes in the gate with $3500 to win and odds of 2/5. the horse crosses the wire with $1700 to win on him and odds of 7/2. the horse happens to win.

maybe someone made a mistake around the far turn. that money CLEARLY got taken out of the pools late into the race and not just at the break.

don't get me wrong, The Mountain is a great place to play and i like it, this is not only happening there but i would say at all tracks.

if they don't do anything about it, there will be nobody betting these things.

Market Mover
10-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Cancelled bet effect and resultant play on the other logical choices revealed the final odds. He wasn't that cinch of a play on paper for these bottom level mcl5ks. 6f in 1:15

Lafecs
10-29-2017, 07:28 PM
That’s the way it is. The computer guys obviously have access to last second betting and are able to get the last bets in. Thus they can set the line to whatever odds they want. It does seem to be more prevalent at Mountaineer though

zawaaa
10-29-2017, 09:03 PM
the 1 horse WHISKEY ZULU goes in the gate with $3500 to win and odds of 2/5. the horse crosses the wire with $1700 to win on him and odds of 7/2. the horse happens to win.
that's blatant pool manipulation; a good way to drive the final price of a horse you want to bet to win on higher. the payoffs in the secondary pools are evidence of that.

no track should ever void large bets last-minute like that without an extremely good reason.

maybe someone made a mistake around the far turn. that money CLEARLY got taken out of the pools late into the race and not just at the break.

they clearly showed Whiskey Zulu's correct final odds before the first 1/4 mile was finished, please leave your delusional fantasies out of this.