PDA

View Full Version : And Now For Something Completely Different

Hambletonian
10-22-2017, 10:06 AM
The NSA has apparently been issuing stewards reports for each day of racing at the spring and fall meets. They make for extremely interesting reads, and it would be great if every track followed suit IMO.

This is my favorite comment, from the Willowdale meet

WINGO STAR inadvertently jumped a fence before the start. While jumping the fence the horse fell. The horse was checked by the examining vet. The rider, Eric Poretz was cleared to ride by the course physician.

OK, I am trying hard to envision this. You are cantering to the start, you take a wrong turn and end up jumping a fence, and then the horse crashes to the turf? Must have been an interesting post race conference with the connections.

What did Poretz say? Sorry about falling even before the race started. My bad.?

There may be completely reasonable explanation for this...but using your imagination makes it even funnier.

Oh, to complete the tale, the horse was cleared to run and finished fourth. Seems on the flat if a horses but hits the ground they are vet scratched.

castaway01
10-23-2017, 07:55 AM
The NSA has apparently been issuing stewards reports for each day of racing at the spring and fall meets. They make for extremely interesting reads, and it would be great if every track followed suit IMO.

This is my favorite comment, from the Willowdale meet

WINGO STAR inadvertently jumped a fence before the start. While jumping the fence the horse fell. The horse was checked by the examining vet. The rider, Eric Poretz was cleared to ride by the course physician.

OK, I am trying hard to envision this. You are cantering to the start, you take a wrong turn and end up jumping a fence, and then the horse crashes to the turf? Must have been an interesting post race conference with the connections.

What did Poretz say? Sorry about falling even before the race started. My bad.?

There may be completely reasonable explanation for this...but using your imagination makes it even funnier.

Oh, to complete the tale, the horse was cleared to run and finished fourth. Seems on the flat if a horses but hits the ground they are vet scratched.

The explanation usually is that it's a horse and it's strong enough to do whatever it decides it wants to do at that time....