PDA

View Full Version : Irap

ldiatone
10-20-2017, 03:50 PM
It is with great sadness that we heard today that Irap has developed laminitis. Not wanting him to suffer, we have made the decision to euthanize him. We would like to thank Dr. Dean Richardson and his team at New Bolton for doing their best with Irap, as well as Dr. Ryan Carpenter for showing his compassion by jumping on a plane when he learned of Irap’s injury. We also want to thank Doug O’Neill and his entire staff for the wonderful care they took of Irap throughout his racing career. Irap provided many thrills over the past year and he changed from maiden to graded stakes winner overnight. He developed into a top race horse who carried himself with tremendous dignity and a level of class that is rare. We count ourselves lucky to have been part of his life for an all too brief time. - The Reddams

cj
10-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Man that sucks, such a cool horse.

Ruffian1
10-20-2017, 06:36 PM
So sorry to hear.

Dr. Richardson is IMO the best in the business.

What a great man.

Thank you for all you do sir.

For those that might not know, broken sesamoids are such a very difficult injury to overcome. Certainly one of the toughest of all.

Not that surprising but terribly sad.

Tough game with tougher competitors.

They always have and always will have my utmost respect.

My sincere condolences.

elhelmete
10-20-2017, 06:58 PM
Not. A. Good. Week.

Condolences to all the connections.

I really dug both Irap and Effinex, kind of in the same way.

Afleet
10-20-2017, 07:28 PM
horrible news :rip:

jocko699
10-20-2017, 07:36 PM
RIP Irap

Fager Fan
10-20-2017, 08:42 PM
The plan to fuse the joint emphasized how serious the injury to the sesamoids were, with the possibility of laminitis looming large. I commend them for trying, for giving him a chance, and then ultimately ending his suffering when they knew he wasn't going to be one of the lucky ones. It never ceases to amaze me that these animals are so strong yet so delicate. My condolences to all connected to Irap.

Mulerider
10-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Terrible news, terrible week. RIP, Irap.

Tom
10-20-2017, 10:23 PM
One of the few 3yos this year who ever showed any heart.
Sad news.

:rip:

CincyHorseplayer
10-21-2017, 08:03 AM
One of the sad parts of this sport. I really thought he had some guts too and was still developing. RIP brother.

classhandicapper
10-21-2017, 10:35 AM
It has been a rough week.