PDA

View Full Version : Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners

Dave Schwartz
10-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Kaepernick Files Grievance Against NFL Owners (https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/15/colin-kaepernick-files-greivance-owner-collusion-cba)

So, we have left. vs. right, right vs. NFL, and now players against owners.

JustRalph
10-15-2017, 09:26 PM
He wants to be the Packers QB

cj
10-15-2017, 10:15 PM
He should probably win. All he has to do is show game film of some of the guys actually playing in real NFL games.

Check out his stats last year (http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepernick/2495186/careerstats). There is no way this guy shouldn't be in the league.

TiffaniO
10-15-2017, 10:28 PM
He's the one who opted out of a guaranteed deal with SF worth $14.5 million.

That would be like any of us quitting our job tomorrow and then suing all employers who could possibly have a job in our field of work.

I think what people don't get is, would he take the Vet Minimum to be a backup? I doubt it...

MONEY
10-16-2017, 01:00 AM
I think that much of Kaepernick's offense in 2016 was produced in the 4th quarters of hopeless games, against backup tuba players.

barahona44
10-16-2017, 07:28 AM
He wants to be the Packers QB

And given Brett Hundley's whopping 39.6 QB rating in relief of Rodgers yesterday, maybe Kapernick NEEDS to be the Packers QB.

Inner Dirt
10-16-2017, 09:17 AM
His list of misdeeds are as long as your arm, most people think he just knelt for the anthem that is just one of his many stunts that have turned fans, owners and teammates against him.

He was known to mostly concentrate on working out hard for muscles and speed and not spending time in the film room. He also didn't work much on mechanics and correcting his flaws. He also was aloof and didn't interact with teammates like a typical QB would. His current left wing radical girlfriend was the ex of a teammate, that caused locker room issues. He converted to a vegan without dietary supervision and lost a lot of muscle mass.

He wore socks to practice showing cops as pigs, posted a badge on the internet depicting cops as runaway slave catchers. Wore a Fidel Castro shirt and praised him. Girlfriend posted a picture on the internet depicting Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner as slave and master.

That isn't all of it, he is also known as a slow learner and offenses have been dumbed down for him. Also note he put up last years stats while going 1-11, he didn't make many plays when it mattered.

He is better than some of the bottom feeder QBs in the NFL, if he came with out baggage he would have a job, problem is he has enough baggage to fill a 767. He also started his current behavior after dating his left wing radical girlfriend. Do you want your QB to be so weak minded he can't think for himself?

burnsy
10-16-2017, 11:53 AM
I agree, his behavior is somewhat of a distraction.....that's the reason he's not on a team because he's better than some of these clowns that are starting right now. I would not look at the record (lately), San Fran still hasn't won a game (this year) they are a dumpster fire of a team. They fired a guy that is probably the best football coach in the world. Jim Harbaugh wins where ever he goes. San Fran was a perennial championship contender under him. The 49ers were crap before him and are worse now. If he (Harbaugh) thinks you are good enough, you probably are. The "slow learner" and all that BS is crap the media and people put out there to black ball him for his behavior. That freaking team was one incomplete pass from a SB win. The downplay of his talent is a smokescreen, he's good, his head case beliefs are what got him chased out. The owners can just say they don't want that nonsense on their team, it has nothing to do with "collusion." Football is the ultimate "team sport" the guy needs discipline more than anything else, they don't have time for his nonsense. People that say "he is not good enough" either don't watch the games or are lying to themselves, its his goofy actions that got him chased out.

As for the left vs. right and the players vs. the right....that's all child crap. There were 2 or three guys on each team doing it. So the media and those moronic "sides" do the Broad Brush number on the players....its a joke, there's no such thing as being an individual in a so called free country. Not going to let a bunch of idiots ruin my fun. See ya in Buffalo next week vs. the Bucs! The whole thing is manufactured retardedness.

kingfin66
10-16-2017, 09:05 PM
He's the one who opted out of a guaranteed deal with SF worth $14.5 million.

That would be like any of us quitting our job tomorrow and then suing all employers who could possibly have a job in our field of work.

I think what people don't get is, would he take the Vet Minimum to be a backup? I doubt it...

Sorry, but it's not the same at all. NFL contracts are not guaranteed. The only reason that he opted out is because the 49ers would have released him. Opting out before the release gave him, at least theoretically, a head start on trying to find a new team for this season. Theoretically...

kingfin66
10-16-2017, 09:08 PM
I agree, his behavior is somewhat of a distraction.....that's the reason he's not on a team because he's better than some of these clowns that are starting right now. I would not look at the record (lately), San Fran still hasn't won a game (this year) they are a dumpster fire of a team. They fired a guy that is probably the best football coach in the world. Jim Harbaugh wins where ever he goes. San Fran was a perennial championship contender under him. The 49ers were crap before him and are worse now. If he (Harbaugh) thinks you are good enough, you probably are. The "slow learner" and all that BS is crap the media and people put out there to black ball him for his behavior. That freaking team was one incomplete pass from a SB win. The downplay of his talent is a smokescreen, he's good, his head case beliefs are what got him chased out. The owners can just say they don't want that nonsense on their team, it has nothing to do with "collusion." Football is the ultimate "team sport" the guy needs discipline more than anything else, they don't have time for his nonsense. People that say "he is not good enough" either don't watch the games or are lying to themselves, its his goofy actions that got him chased out.

As for the left vs. right and the players vs. the right....that's all child crap. There were 2 or three guys on each team doing it. So the media and those moronic "sides" do the Broad Brush number on the players....its a joke, there's no such thing as being an individual in a so called free country. Not going to let a bunch of idiots ruin my fun. See ya in Buffalo next week vs. the Bucs! The whole thing is manufactured retardedness.

Hey, I agree with a lot of your post. I definitely disagree with the highlighted part.

NFL: Belicheck?

College: Saban?

_______
10-16-2017, 09:21 PM
The bigger component of the filing is that if there is proof of collusion against any single player, it can void the entire CBA.

Clear and convincing proof is going to be a huge lift for Kaepernick’s legal team but the threat to the league is they give up huge leverage to the players in any hypothetical renegotiation following a finding of collusion.

Probably a nothing burger. But if there were anything to his allegations, the consequences will be much larger than any of the silly red v. blue nonsense it has generated so far.

_______
10-16-2017, 09:23 PM
He should probably win. All he has to do is show game film of some of the guys actually playing in real NFL games.

Check out his stats last year (http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepernick/2495186/careerstats). There is no way this guy shouldn't be in the league.

It requires a level of self deception to argue that he isn’t one of the top 50 players at his position and deserving of a roster spot somewhere.

TiffaniO
10-16-2017, 10:04 PM
Sorry, but it's not the same at all. NFL contracts are not guaranteed. The only reason that he opted out is because the 49ers would have released him. Opting out before the release gave him, at least theoretically, a head start on trying to find a new team for this season. Theoretically...

That's where you're wrong... 2017 was guaranteed. Beyond 2017 wasn't.

Clocker
10-16-2017, 10:12 PM
It will be hard to prove collusion. A player association official stated earlier in the year that there was no evidence of collusion. From Sports Illustrated:

NFLPA assistant executive director of external affairs George Atallah told ESPN in May that there was no evidence of collusion stemming from Kaepernick's inability to find work. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/colin-kaepernick-sealed-nfl-fate-collusion-grievance-article-1.3566332

Many owners over the last months have said publicly that they considered him, but decided that what he could contribute as a player was far outweighed by the distraction and divisiveness he would bring to the team. Openly talking about such matters with the media hardly sounds like collusion.

The NFL collective bargaining agreement specifically says that failure to get an offer from any team does not meet the burden proof of collusion under the agreement.

ReplayRandall
10-16-2017, 10:25 PM
Bottom-line, it doesn't matter what CK thinks, he failed at what he set out to do. This is what happens when anyone may have a legit beef about society, but chooses the wrong means or venue to express it properly. He has no one to blame for his failure but himself.....And he actually made things worse for society as a whole, not even the slightest hint better...:rip:

cj
10-16-2017, 10:37 PM

From the moment Kaepernick and the Niners struck that agreement, the expectation was that Kaepernick would explore his options. Even if he elects to stay, the 49ers still would have the ability to release him with minimal salary cap repercussions.

Very little was guaranteed.

kingfin66
10-18-2017, 09:56 PM

The 49ers GM, John Lynch, confirmed that the team would have cut him had he not opted out. I should have posted my source when I corrected you. Sorry, but nothing was guaranteed for 2017 if you are going to get cut. He would have had to be on the opening week roster to have anything guaranteed for 2017. It just wasn't going to happen for him with how much he would have been owed.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-49ers-wouldve-cut-colin-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out-of-his-contract/

Here is another story about it just so you know that I wasn't talking out my ass (not that I don't sometimes do that).

http://www.businessinsider.com/colin-kaepernick-record-49ers-contract-2017-8

Inner Dirt
10-25-2017, 06:47 AM
He supposedly just signed a book deal for over a million dollars. Who the hell would care about his thoughts? His claim to fame is starting the disrespect the flag movement in the NFL. He has claimed here and there to have had a rough life, give me a break.

Inner Dirt
11-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Never read GQ, it just named Kaepernick citizen of the year what a freaking joke. GQ must be a real left wing magazine. I thought it was just about clothes and style. It seems liberalism has invaded everything these days and spreading like cancer.

MutuelClerk
11-13-2017, 10:46 AM
Didn't spread in the last national election. But if Rush says so. It's so. Probably okay to kneel to him though.

Marshall Bennett
11-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Didn't Bruce "see Jane run" Jenner get ESPN's big award for changing into a woman? Seems that's just as pathetic. :rolleyes:

Inner Dirt
11-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Didn't Bruce "see Jane run" Jenner get ESPN's big award for changing into a woman? Seems that's just as pathetic. :rolleyes:

And the two years before that it was a gay dude and a lesbian. At least Robin Roberts fought cancer. Michael Sam came out to get his 15 minutes of fame, and no other reason.

Inner Dirt
11-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Didn't spread in the last national election. But if Rush says so. It's so. Probably okay to kneel to him though.

I am talking about liberalism infecting things where it doesn't belong and didn't exist decades ago like in sports coverage and the school system. When I was in school in the 60's and 70's I had no idea of the political leanings of my teachers and they would not tell you even if you asked. Also back in the day you had no idea of political leanings of a sportscaster either. Now liberalism is spewed excessively in those areas while the right is forced to keep silent or lose their job.

Valuist
11-13-2017, 03:35 PM
It requires a level of self deception to argue that he isn’t one of the top 50 players at his position and deserving of a roster spot somewhere.

Should one be on on roster if they are only in the top 50 at their position but cause a tremendous distraction?

cj
11-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Should one be on on roster if they are only in the top 50 at their position but cause a tremendous distraction?

Is he really a distraction at this point? There are like 100 other guys doing stuff during the anthem and he has already said he won't do it any more.

That said, him winning that award instead of JJ Watt after what he did for hurricane relief is a joke. GQ should be ashamed of itself.

MutuelClerk
11-13-2017, 04:47 PM
I am talking about liberalism infecting things where it doesn't belong and didn't exist decades ago like in sports coverage and the school system. When I was in school in the 60's and 70's I had no idea of the political leanings of my teachers and they would not tell you even if you asked. Also back in the day you had no idea of political leanings of a sportscaster either. Now liberalism is spewed excessively in those areas while the right is forced to keep silent or lose their job.

Were probably close to the same age. School was better then. Totally agree. Just not sure i agree with the right being oppressed and the liberal machine running amok while the poor right's hands are tied. Back to sports.....

Inner Dirt
11-13-2017, 04:53 PM
Is he really a distraction at this point? There are like 100 other guys doing stuff during the anthem and he has already said he won't do it any more.

That said, him winning that award instead of JJ Watt after what he did for hurricane relief is a joke. GQ should be ashamed of itself.

He has a lot more issues than just the starting the disrespect the flag movement. At this point I don't think a team that was a 25th rated QB away from a Super Bowl run would take him.

JustRalph
11-13-2017, 05:39 PM

Watt is the wrong color

JustRalph
11-13-2017, 07:40 PM
They got a great trifecta

reckless
11-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Insignificant rag GQ calls child molester Spacey, jack-off Louis C Kreep and America hater Colin Kaeper-nitwit heroes ... plus ...

NFL gang banger enabler Roger Goodell wants a $50 million contract to front billionaire owners, plus lifetime health insurance free for him and his family plus a private jet for life ... and, the there's ... J.J. Watt who raised about $40 million all by himself in a matter of weeks for flood victims in Texas and he gets ignored.

Help me, please .... and stop the world, I wanna get off!!

Valuist
11-14-2017, 12:11 PM

He still is because the media is still focused on him. The Niners, as liberal an organization as any, knew that his presence meant all the other players having to answer endless questions about him.

The report that he said he would stop kneeling was false. His g/f went on Twitter and was very emphatic about that.

therussmeister
11-14-2017, 05:06 PM

I was in grade school in the early 60s. I remember "under God" being removed and reinserted in the pledge of allegiance a few times during my time in grade school.

ElKabong
11-17-2017, 03:40 PM
I was in grade school in the early 60s. I remember "under God" being removed and reinserted in the pledge of allegiance a few times during my time in grade school.

I went to grade school during the same time/ era you mentioned, "under God" was never removed from the Pledge in morning assemblies. I guess it depended on where you lived at the time

cj
11-17-2017, 03:53 PM
I went to grade school during the same time/ era you mentioned, "under God" was never removed from the Pledge in morning assemblies. I guess it depended on where you lived at the time

Never was where I went to school in Baltimore either and I went a decade later than you guys.

_______
11-17-2017, 07:55 PM
The pledge has been unchanged since Congress added “Under God” in 1954.

Tom
11-19-2017, 04:35 PM
It was there in the late 50's , and some teachers had a class prayer following it.

cj
11-19-2017, 05:13 PM
Watching the games today, no way Kaepernick isn't a top 30 QB.

Inner Dirt
11-19-2017, 06:01 PM

So what, are you aware of all him and his left wing radical girlfriend have done? The disrespect of the flag is just one of many incidents.

cj
11-19-2017, 06:26 PM
So what, are you aware of all him and his left wing radical girlfriend have done? The disrespect of the flag is just one of many incidents.

The NFL let Josh Brent play, who was drunk and drove and killed a teammate. They let Dante Stallworth play after doing the same thing. They let many players play after beating women. I think I can live with protesting by disrespecting the flag if that is what you want to call it. And frankly, what his girlfriend does is irrelevant to me.

Inner Dirt
11-19-2017, 07:20 PM
The NFL let Josh Brent play, who was drunk and drove and killed a teammate. They let Dante Stallworth play after doing the same thing. They let many players play after beating women. I think I can live with protesting by disrespecting the flag if that is what you want to call it. And frankly, what his girlfriend does is irrelevant to me.

Do a little research, he has done way more than disrespect the flag. Also what his girlfriend does matters as she comments on his issues with the NFL and influences his behavior. She insulted an NFL owner and a future hall of fame player while hen pecked Kaepernick said nothing. He didn't do anything to draw attention to himself until he hooked up with Nessa. She controls him like a puppet, he is a chump who cannot think for himself.

JustRalph
11-19-2017, 07:41 PM

After watching some highlights........you're probably right......but the ghost of George Blanca might be too........

They have real problems

cj
11-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Do a little research, he has done way more than disrespect the flag. Also what his girlfriend does matters as she comments on his issues with the NFL and influences his behavior. She insulted an NFL owner and a future hall of fame player while hen pecked Kaepernick said nothing. He didn't do anything to draw attention to himself until he hooked up with Nessa. She controls him like a puppet, he is a chump who cannot think for himself.

I still don't think his girlfriend matters. Who cares if she insulted an owner? Plenty of people insult owners, including players. Owners insult players too. See the Texans a few weeks ago.

I know all about Kaepernick. As I said, they let not one but two people that drove drunk and killed people back in the league. I think there was another one that I'm forgetting as well. You want to compare Kaepernick to that? To wife beaters? Give me a break.

Packers should have signed him. There season is shot now because they stuck with a scrub.

thaskalos
11-19-2017, 08:22 PM
Blaming a guy for "disrespecting the flag" is one thing...but to criticize him because he allows his girlfriend to CONTROL him? :rolleyes: How do we know what really goes on between Kaepernick and his girlfriend, and...why is that any of our business?

ElKabong
11-19-2017, 09:38 PM
I still don't think his girlfriend matters. Who cares if she insulted an owner? Plenty of people insult owners, including players. Owners insult players too. See the Texans a few weeks ago.

I know all about Kaepernick. As I said, they let not one but two people that drove drunk and killed people back in the league. I think there was another one that I'm forgetting as well. You want to compare Kaepernick to that? To wife beaters? Give me a break.

Packers should have signed him. There season is shot now because they stuck with a scrub.

IN all honesty, the nfl owners probably know something you don't.

It's pretty much a fact that Jerry Jones and a few other owners would suit up Charlie Manson if he could help them win, or gain some media attention that isn't terribly negative. Apparently Kapernik simply isn't worth it. I knew a lot of Engineers and Supply Chain professionals that were out of a job b/c they were toxic in their work environments, superiors wouldn't give them a positive recommendation. What's happening to Kapernik isn't new

cj
11-19-2017, 09:52 PM
IN all honesty, the nfl owners probably know something you don't.

It's pretty much a fact that Jerry Jones and a few other owners would suit up Charlie Manson if he could help them win, or gain some media attention that isn't terribly negative. Apparently Kapernik simply isn't worth it. I knew a lot of Engineers and Supply Chain professionals that were out of a job b/c they were toxic in their work environments, superiors wouldn't give them a positive recommendation. What's happening to Kapernik isn't new

No offense, but this is Engineers and Supply Chain professionals. They gave Greg Hardy a chance. Nothing they know about this guy is worse than him.

He'll never prove it, but if he showed film of the Bills and Packers today in court he might win his collusion case on that alone.

ElKabong
11-19-2017, 10:35 PM
Certainly no offense taken. I worked with a child abuser back in the 80s, he was a key team member. VP level knew of his legal problems, just turned a blind eye. After key projects were completed he was let go. He was selling insurance soon thereafter. When he needed references, he was completely dry to the well. No one was going to go to bat for him as talented as he was. He was about 35 yo at the time

Re Greg Hardy. He was seen as a potential game changer. Kapernick is no game changer. Hardy was let go because he didn't deliver + he was a negative press machine after arriving. Lot of bad pub came out of Hardys time here

Inner Dirt
11-20-2017, 09:13 AM
Blaming a guy for "disrespecting the flag" is one thing...but to criticize him because he allows his girlfriend to CONTROL him? :rolleyes: How do we know what really goes on between Kaepernick and his girlfriend, and...why is that any of our business?

The guy never did any of his protesting or mouthing off until he hooked up with her. She is a very vocal left wing radical radio host. His transformation was pretty obvious.

Robert Fischer
11-20-2017, 01:56 PM
we're still talking about him, but he's starting to fizzle out.

Time will tell (and it may not be completely obvious on the surface) whether he can capitalize on his 15 min or not, relative to had he kept his mouth shut.

One thing that isn't known is whether teams have offered him 'minimum' contracts to be a package player or backup player, and whether those offers have been declined or declared off the table by team Kaepernick.

cj
11-20-2017, 02:00 PM

Time will tell (and it may not be completely obvious on the surface) whether he can capitalize on his 15 min or not, relative to had he kept his mouth shut.

One thing that isn't known is whether teams have offered him 'minimum' contracts to be a package player or backup player, and whether those offers have been declined or declared off the table by team Kaepernick.

If he were offered contracts it wouldn't make sense to sue for collusion.

Valuist
11-20-2017, 03:08 PM

Supposedly Baltimore offered him a contract; Ray Lewis swears by this, and then Kaep's g/f went on a racist rant on Twitter against the Raven owner, and the offer was pulled.

JustRalph
11-20-2017, 03:16 PM
That Buffalo QB skewed the averages pretty bad

Robert Fischer
11-20-2017, 05:14 PM
You would think any offers kill the case against collusion.

I'm just B.S.ing/guessing along with everybody else.

I do recall Baltimore offers/rumors that fell through...

Basically I'm wondering out loud if Kaep's agent has made it clear that CK isn't considering any negotiations that aren't greater than a league-minimum guarantee-barren contract. Fair or unfair, something like that could be argued as a difference in market value.

Supposedly Baltimore offered him a contract; Ray Lewis swears by this, and then Kaep's g/f went on a racist rant on Twitter against the Raven owner, and the offer was pulled.
Ray knows where his bread is buttered. With the CK story and some other stories where Ray Lewis has recently used his voice to speak out against athletes, he's been called an 'uncle tom' on twitter/social-media. Probably not fair, although kind of funny. He's also a guy who's been used in the CK debate as a contrast (accused of murder, beat trial with top-class legal team, star in the league)...

jocko699
11-30-2017, 10:31 PM
All those great men and than..................a turd.

Winners of @SInow (https://twitter.com/SInow)'s Muhammad Ali Legacy Award:
Bill Russell
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Jim Brown
Jack Nicklaus
Magic Johnson
Colin Kaepernick.

Inner Dirt
12-01-2017, 12:44 PM
All those great men and than..................a turd.

Winners of @SInow (https://twitter.com/SInow)'s Muhammad Ali Legacy Award:
Bill Russell
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Jim Brown
Jack Nicklaus
Magic Johnson
Colin Kaepernick.

From SI

For risking a lucrative athletic career in his prime by staging protests against injustice, Colin Kaepernick has often been compared to Muhammad Ali. Thus, in giving the former 49ers quarterback an annual award named in honor of the boxing icon, Sports Illustrated (https://www.si.com/sportsperson/2017/11/30/colin-kaepernick-muhammad-ali-legacy-award) declared that “no winner has been more fitting than Kaepernick.”

I didn't know Sports Illustrated was now a liberal rag, what a joke. How can you compare Kaepernick a guy who grew up in a middle class Northern California neighborhood in the late 90's and 21 century to a guy who grew
up poor in the Jim Crow south. Kaepernick didn't face oppression a day in his life. As for what his protest cost him, it wasn't much, he was benched for Blaine Gabbert when he started protesting, his play had descended where his market value was in the couple million a year range, he was no longer in his prime either, his prime was his second year, it was all down hill after that.

jocko699
12-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Just received an award from the ACLU and now he is on a shortlist for Time "Person of the Year."

BaffertsWig
12-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Just received an award from the ACLU and now he is on a shortlist for Time "Person of the Year."

***begins refreshing Dotard Drumpf's twitter page every 5 seconds*** :headbanger:

Tom
12-05-2017, 04:49 PM
There is a whole lot more people out there who put on uniforms and actually did something about social injustices. We fly a flag to honer them.
I'll go with them, not the useless turds who dis-honor them by kneeling to cry and whine about crap. Colin is nothing but a useless turd.

JustRalph
04-05-2018, 01:49 AM
Slap Kaepernick in the face

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697255-robert-griffin-iii-ravens-agree-to-contract-qb-did-not-play-last-season?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

RGIII is back

JerryBoyle
04-05-2018, 01:30 PM
There is a whole lot more people out there who put on uniforms and actually did something about social injustices. We fly a flag to honer them.
I'll go with them, not the useless turds who dis-honor them by kneeling to cry and whine about crap. Colin is nothing but a useless turd.

Every third post in the off topic section of this board is complaining abt the current status of the country, and most of the posters are people on the right. You're not mad at him for "dishonoring the flag". Stop fibbing

Dave Schwartz
04-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Every third post in the off topic section of this board is complaining abt the current status of the country, and most of the posters are people on the right. You're not mad at him for "dishonoring the flag". Stop fibbing

Interesting POV. Do you have any idea how many people here would make the same statement but substitute the word "left?"

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 03:18 PM
Every third post in the off topic section of this board is complaining abt the current status of the country, and most of the posters are people on the right. You're not mad at him for "dishonoring the flag". Stop fibbingWhat's he mad at him for in your world?

Being an uppity black man?

Have the balls to say what you think the first time, Jerry Boyle.

Don't leave it to me to decipher your half-witted coyness.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Oh, and Jer, there are plenty of much bigger forums out there filled with leftists you can commiserate with...plus don't forget about Twitter.

JerryBoyle
04-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Interesting POV. Do you have any idea how many people here would make the same statement but substitute the word "left?"

I could have worded it better - by volume of posts, the off topic section seems to lean right. I could be wrong

JerryBoyle
04-05-2018, 03:44 PM
What's he mad at him for in your world?

Being an uppity black man?

Have the balls to say what you think the first time, Jerry Boyle.

Don't leave it to me to decipher your half-witted coyness.

I don't know why he or others are mad abt it. But "disrespecting the flag" doesn't seem to be a logical reason for being mad about it.

Also, your other post is like the 13th time I've been called a liberal without much evidence...what gives?

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 03:47 PM
I could have worded it better - by volume of posts, the off topic section seems to lean right. I could be wrong:pound:

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2018, 03:51 PM
But "disrespecting the flag" doesn't seem to be a logical reason for being mad about it.Seems logical to me.

Also, your other post is like the 13th time I've been called a liberal without much evidence...what gives?Did I call you a liberal? You seem to find something amiss about having more righties than lefties here. Else you wouldn't have written about "complainers" being "mostly on the right." I simply pointed out there are plenty of places to go if you want more left in your online diet.

You wouldn't have brought up their political leanings at all if it wasn't something that bothered/annoyed/perturbed/gnawed at you in some little way.

Horse players skew older and righter...sorry man.

Tom
04-05-2018, 06:51 PM
You're not mad at him for "dishonoring the flag". Stop fibbing

Now you're telling me what I think?
Troll.

sammy the sage
04-07-2018, 07:24 AM
Now you're telling me what I think?
Troll.

You don't have any mirrors in your house do you Tom...:lol::pound::D

Inner Dirt
04-07-2018, 08:49 AM
I could have worded it better - by volume of posts, the off topic section seems to lean right. I could be wrong

This whole board leans right due to the demographic of horse players being composed of a high percentage of older males, so what's your point?

tucker6
04-07-2018, 09:00 AM
This whole board leans right due to the demographic of horse players being composed of a high percentage of more intelligent people, so what's your point?

fyp

Tom
04-07-2018, 09:28 AM
This whole board leans right due to the demographic of horse players being composed of a high percentage of older males, so what's your point?

+1

Inner Dirt
04-07-2018, 12:58 PM
If anyone wants to know most of the Kaepernick story check out my post #7.
I try to avoid the name calling and condescending comments of people expressing different views toward each other. While both sides seem to do it, it seems it is predominately done by the left. It seems the left just loves to call people racist and ignorant at every turn, pretty sad. I have been called ignorant by a handful here & even by my own liberal highly educated girlfriend of 12 years, and a close friend I have known longer than that.

To all of those calling me dumb, I have repeatedly challenged them to an I.Q. test, including my girlfriend and my long term friend I have known for over 30 years, they all backed down.

What's my point you ask? Stop hurling grade school insults, state your case and stand behind it with facts from an unbiased source.

cj
04-07-2018, 01:40 PM
Kaepernick is clearly a better player than RGIII and a host of other QBs that are currently employed by the NFL. I hope he wins his case. A bunch of old, stuffy white guys are keeping him out, and I'm an old, stuff white guy.

JustRalph
04-07-2018, 05:04 PM
Kaepernick is clearly a better player than RGIII and a host of other QBs that are currently employed by the NFL. I hope he wins his case. A bunch of old, stuffy white guys are keeping him out, and I'm an old, stuff white guy.

Hoorah! For stuffy white guys! Winnng! :lol:

Tom
04-07-2018, 07:24 PM
+1 :D

JerryBoyle
04-07-2018, 11:30 PM
If anyone wants to know most of the Kaepernick story check out my post #7.
I try to avoid the name calling and condescending comments of people expressing different views toward each other. While both sides seem to do it, it seems it is predominately done by the left. It seems the left just loves to call people racist and ignorant at every turn, pretty sad. I have been called ignorant by a handful here & even by my own liberal highly educated girlfriend of 12 years, and a close friend I have known longer than that.

To all of those calling me dumb, I have repeatedly challenged them to an I.Q. test, including my girlfriend and my long term friend I have known for over 30 years, they all backed down.

What's my point you ask? Stop hurling grade school insults, state your case and stand behind it with facts from an unbiased source.

Did you think no one would call you out on that? You've called me dumb repeatedly and condescended too many times with your "knowledge tests". Including in this very post. I'm not making the claim that one side name calls more than the other, but give me a break with the holier than thou act.

JerryBoyle
04-07-2018, 11:34 PM

I thought my point was pretty clear. Given the amount of grievances I see stated here about the country (same thing Kap is doing), much of it from the right, it doesn't make sense when people say they're angry because he's disrespecting the flag. If Kap took a stand at some other point in the game, during a press conference, on a show, etc those claiming he's disrespecting the flag would be complaining about his stand for some other reason. If you have a problem with what he's doing, great for ya, but don't make it seem like its some principled stand in the name of the country's honor - it's about emotion.

Tom, I wasn't trolling you at all.

Inner Dirt
04-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Did you think no one would call you out on that? You've called me dumb repeatedly and condescended too many times with your "knowledge tests". Including in this very post. I'm not making the claim that one side name calls more than the other, but give me a break with the holier than thou act.

Stop lying, I never called you dumb. Find the post where I called you dumb. Saying someone lacks comparable knowledge in a subject is not calling them dumb. You made claims about possibly having knowledge of the components of autonomous vehicles. I asked you to prove it and all of a sudden you clammed up.

Inner Dirt
04-08-2018, 02:37 PM

Like I have posted before, he has done a lot more than kneel for the anthem.
Even while in uniform at practice he wore socks depicting cops as pigs. Let me asked you this, if you were a business owner how would you feel if an employee, while on the clock and in the company uniform was making political statements without asking for your approval first? Explain how what Kaepernick did is any different than a Denny's waitress wearing a "Vote for Trump" button?

cj
04-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Like I have posted before, he has done a lot more than kneel for the anthem.
Even while in uniform at practice he wore socks depicting cops as pigs. Let me asked you this, if you were a business owner how would you feel if an employee, while on the clock and in the company uniform was making political statements without asking for your approval first? Explain how what Kaepernick did is any different than a Denny's waitress wearing a "Vote for Trump" button?

Plenty of others did the same stuff this past year and are still employed, including a few stars. The NFL has let people convicted of killing others play (Josh Brent, Donte Stallworth). But this is somehow unforgivable?

tucker6
04-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Plenty of others did the same stuff this past year and are still employed, including a few stars. The NFL has let people convicted of killing others play (Josh Brent, Donte Stallworth). But this is somehow unforgivable?
You know as well as I do that it has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with money. Donte Stallworth didn't cost his team and the league at large money. Domestic violence started costing the league, so they started dealing with it harshly. Same and even more so for the kneeling. The league is dealing with it one player at a time, starting with Kaepernick.

The unforgivable part was in costing the league money. Everything else can be forgiven.

Inner Dirt
04-09-2018, 10:06 AM

You don't see any difference between what Kaepernick did compared to Brent and Stallworth? The long list of what Kaepernick has done is 100% deliberate while of sound mind and body. The other two got behind a wheel of a car while impaired when they should not have. Those DUI's do not define who they are, what Kaepernick does defines him, big difference.

cj
04-09-2018, 10:16 AM
You know as well as I do that it has nothing to do with morals. It has to do with money. Donte Stallworth didn't cost his team and the league at large money. Domestic violence started costing the league, so they started dealing with it harshly. Same and even more so for the kneeling. The league is dealing with it one player at a time, starting with Kaepernick.

The unforgivable part was in costing the league money. Everything else can be forgiven.

I agree, of course that is the reason. But now guys are doing the same exact thing and are allowed to get away with it.

cj
04-09-2018, 10:17 AM
You don't see any difference between what Kaepernick did compared to Brent and Stallworth? The long list of what Kaepernick has done is 100% deliberate while of sound mind and body. The other two got behind a wheel of a car while impaired when they should not have. Those DUI's do not define who they are, what Kaepernick does defines him, big difference.

Wow, ok. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Going out and getting sloshed without a plan in place is inexcusable to me. I can't believe you think they should be forgiven but not a guy's sock choice. Whatever man.

tucker6
04-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Those DUI's definitely define who they are.

Inner Dirt
04-09-2018, 10:33 AM

Wow, ok. We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Going out and getting sloshed without a plan in place is inexcusable to me. I can't believe you think they should be forgiven but not a guy's sock choice. Whatever man.

I think it is real stupid to drink and drive, especially if you are an NFL player that could afford to have a limo cart him around 24-7. The deal is I am pretty sure 1/2 the people or more in this country have at least once got behind the wheel of a car when they had a few too many. That does not make it right, but many a fan looks at Brent and Stallworth and says "That could have been me.", so they will give them a second chance.

As far as calling "pig socks" just a sock choice, would it be just a sock choice if a white player had socks with swastikas on them?

Inner Dirt
04-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Those DUI's definitely define who they are.

So you never got behind the wheel of a vehicle after a few too many and got away with it? Go back to High School and College parties and think real hard. Once again, that doesn't make it right, just a stupid mistake that is very common.

davew
04-15-2018, 10:57 AM
I thought my point was pretty clear. Given the amount of grievances I see stated here about the country (same thing Kap is doing), much of it from the right, it doesn't make sense when people say they're angry because he's disrespecting the flag. If Kap took a stand at some other point in the game, during a press conference, on a show, etc those claiming he's disrespecting the flag would be complaining about his stand for some other reason. If you have a problem with what he's doing, great for ya, but don't make it seem like its some principled stand in the name of the country's honor - it's about emotion.

Tom, I wasn't trolling you at all.

It is obvious Kap is going about it all wrong. He needs to start a class action suit (with all minority players past and present) against the NFL, and instead asking for dollar damages, just demand the whole darn thing. The NFL, teams, grandstand leases, television rights, .....

tucker6
04-15-2018, 11:54 AM
So you never got behind the wheel of a vehicle after a few too many and got away with it? Go back to High School and College parties and think real hard. Once again, that doesn't make it right, just a stupid mistake that is very common.

Yes I have, and it helps define who I am. I make mistakes. Both our successes and failures define us, whether caught or not.

upthecreek
04-22-2018, 12:13 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/988077718607609856

tucker6
04-23-2018, 04:09 PM
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/988077718607609856

well at least he'll have something to pawn in order to buy food. Chances for a job are nil.

Inner Dirt
05-02-2018, 02:43 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23383012/eric-reid-former-san-francisco-49ers-safety-files-collusion-grievance-nfl

Now Eric Reed a player who kneeled alongside Kaepernick on the 49ers has also filed a collusion grievance against the NFL. How could anyone in their right mind believe they have a right to a job where they can be on the clock wearing the company's uniform while pissing off half the customer base and have no repercussions? You want to protest or whatever you call it do it on your own time.

kingfin66
02-17-2019, 12:53 PM
Eric Reid has a job with the Carolina Panthers.

Kaepernick still has no job.

It appears that both are getting paid as they have settled their grievances with the NFL. Of course, their is a confidentiality clause so it will be a long time, or maybe never, that we get to know how much the NFL is paying Kaepernick to not play in the league.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/settlement-amounts-nfl-compensating-colin-kaepernick-not-playing-football

barahona44
02-17-2019, 04:16 PM
Eric Reid has a job with the Carolina Panthers.

Kaepernick still has no job.

It appears that both are getting paid as they have settled their grievances with the NFL. Of course, their is a confidentiality clause so it will be a long time, or maybe never, that we get to know how much the NFL is paying Kaepernick to not play in the league.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/settlement-amounts-nfl-compensating-colin-kaepernick-not-playing-football

I've read a couple of articles that given what even mediocre QB's are being paid , his still young age (31) and reduced future pension payments,at least 20 million, probably more.But these agreements almost always include a promise that the individual will not seek future employment with the company being sued ,so if old CK wants to play football,he'll have to go to Canada where salaries are a fraction of what they are here.So methinks Colin will have taken his last snap in anger.And the NFL got rid of an expensive headache.

FakeNameChanged
02-18-2019, 09:13 AM
I've read a couple of articles that given what even mediocre QB's are being paid , his still young age (31) and reduced future pension payments,at least 20 million, probably more.But these agreements almost always include a promise that the individual will not seek future employment with the company being sued ,so if old CK wants to play football,he'll have to go to Canada where salaries are a fraction of what they are here.So methinks Colin will have taken his last snap in anger.And the NFL got rid of an expensive headache.
This is a huge WIN for a mediocre QB who probably didn't plan on being a starter at this late date in his downtrending career. Estimates range from 10 to 100 million payoff. Why get your head & body beat up when he can pursue his next career, which appears more like to be some role as an activist and get well paid on top of it. Kap and his attornies have clearly out maneuvered Goodell and the NFL with a better game plan. Will the owners finally drive a nail in Goodell's contract after yet another costly flub for his 40+ million in salary?

davew
02-18-2019, 01:30 PM
This is a huge WIN for a mediocre QB who probably didn't plan on being a starter at this late date in his downtrending career. Estimates range from 10 to 100 million payoff. Why get your head & body beat up when he can pursue his next career, which appears more like to be some role as an activist and get well paid on top of it. Kap and his attornies have clearly out maneuvered Goodell and the NFL with a better game plan. Will the owners finally drive a nail in Goodell's contract after yet another costly flub for his 40+ million in salary?

Being a social justice warrior in this case has paid well. Getting an advertising contract with Nike probably needs not work again in his lifetime, if managed well.

MutuelClerk
02-19-2019, 08:47 PM
Kap's lawyers must have had emails. The NFL took a knee. Ironic.

mountainman
02-20-2019, 11:12 AM
The guy's brief success was a fluke. He can't play. Sadly, should he get a chance and tank, his extended absence will be used as excuse-and he will then be likened to Ali.

horses4courses
04-29-2019, 10:59 PM
No surprise, really.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5XmLd3W4AEDS0a.jpg:small

PaceAdvantage
05-03-2019, 07:27 PM
No surprise, really.For once, I completely agree with you. Your posts have not been surprising in ages. Same ol' same ol'

delayjf
05-20-2019, 09:39 PM
Did Bosa wear a MAGA hat on the sidelines? Is he getting millions to shut his mouth?

Big difference between stating one's support for the President and insulting the patriotism of Americans everywhere. If KP had stated his support for Hillary in a similar matter, nobody would have cared.

MutuelClerk
05-21-2019, 06:06 AM
You support the President, that's fine. I always support the President because I put our country before two shameful political parties. But letting a draft dodger define patriotism that's where we part ways. The pied piper plays and too many people fall in line behind him.........

delayjf
05-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Trump did not start this, Trump's not defining anything. Patriotism has its own meaning and is defined by American's as a whole. The negative reaction to KP was based on his insulting that sentiment and the American majority that shares that sentiment.

I'm curious as what exactly the NFL owners did that they think they had to cave. So what is they got together and determined they don't want him in the league.

MutuelClerk
05-21-2019, 09:31 AM
I guess we disagree. The President made this an issue. Why? Who knows, maybe it's because the NFL rejected him as owner. Maybe just playing to his base trying to act like a patriot. I'm not defending everything CK has done, the socks he wore were disgraceful. But I believe this was an issue because the President decided to make it one.

Tom
05-21-2019, 10:05 AM
Football players are there for one reason - to play football.
Their opinions on anything should be kept to themselves.

That is what their days off are for.

MutuelClerk
05-21-2019, 05:31 PM
Football players are there for one reason - to play football.
Their opinions on anything should be kept to themselves.

That is what their days off are for.

Maybe in 1919 this was true. The world has changed. Then social media helped destroy the world. All athletes have opinions now. Women even vote these days. Sorry to tell you......

thaskalos
05-22-2019, 03:38 AM
You support the President, that's fine. I always support the President because I put our country before two shameful political parties. But letting a draft dodger define patriotism that's where we part ways. The pied piper plays and too many people fall in line behind him.........

A draft-dodger billionaire president in search of every "legal" loophole in order to avoid paying his taxes is fit to define 'patriotism', for us legally-underrepresented and tax-overburdened citizens? Truth is indeed stranger than fiction...:faint:

AndyC
05-22-2019, 11:51 AM
A draft-dodger billionaire president in search of every "legal" loophole in order to avoid paying his taxes is fit to define 'patriotism', for us legally-underrepresented and tax-overburdened citizens? Truth is indeed stranger than fiction...:faint:

Does this mean that you try to pay as much tax as possible? I love the way people use the pejorative "loophole" to make seem that someone is doing something wrong by simply using the law.

You are younger than I am so you didn't experience the draft for the Vietnam war. I don't recall anybody that I knew who supported the war or wasn't trying to get a deferment of some kind. Trump was normal not someone who was looked upon with disgust.

Tom
05-22-2019, 01:07 PM

Didn't need Trump to tell me that... the POS loser was obvious from Day 1.

thaskalos
05-22-2019, 01:11 PM
Does this mean that you try to pay as much tax as possible? I love the way people use the pejorative "loophole" to make seem that someone is doing something wrong by simply using the law.

You are younger than I am so you didn't experience the draft for the Vietnam war. I don't recall anybody that I knew who supported the war or wasn't trying to get a deferment of some kind. Trump was normal not someone who was looked upon with disgust.

Yes...you are right, AndyC. If I were of draft age during Vietnam...I too would have tried to dodge my way out of it, if I were able. But, if I did dodge the draft during that emotionally-charged time period...I like to think that my integrity would have prevented me from subsequently questioning the heroism of those who DID serve their country during that unpopular war. I would not, as Trump did, declare to a national TV audience that "I like my heroes not to get captured". Only a moron like Trump would fail to notice how many brave people other than McCain were hurt by such an irresponsible comment.

I also did not grow up with the benefit of having a billionaire daddy, but if I did...then I would again like to think that this same integrity of mine would have given me reason to reconsider any subsequent childish temper tantrums against another group of "privileged" individuals, who were exercising the same citizen rights as Trump was...when he legally avoided paying his former employees, and his taxes. I don't know about you, but I almost vomited when I watched our "Moron-In-Chief" put his smug face on television to tell us that "locking arms is acceptable...but kneeling isn't"...as if "patriotism" were left up to people like him to define. :puke:

And, before someone asks...NO...I don't believe that a POTUS should be respected solely because of the office that he occupies. Respect is EARNED, and not bestowed upon...IMO.

Tom
05-22-2019, 01:40 PM
And, before someone asks...NO...I don't believe that a POTUS should be respected solely because of the office that he occupies. Respect is EARNED, and not bestowed upon...IMO.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

AndyC
05-22-2019, 02:07 PM
Yes...you are right, AndyC. If I were of draft age during Vietnam...I too would have tried to dodge my way out of it, if I were able. But, if I did dodge the draft during that emotionally-charged time period...I like to think that my integrity would have prevented me from subsequently questioning the heroism of those who DID serve their country during that unpopular war. I would not, as Trump did, declare to a national TV audience that "I like my heroes not to get captured". Only a moron like Trump would fail to notice how many brave people other than McCain were hurt by such an irresponsible comment.

I also did not grow up with the benefit of having a billionaire daddy, but if I did...then I would again like to think that this same integrity of mine would have given me reason to reconsider any subsequent childish temper tantrums against another group of "privileged" individuals, who were exercising the same citizen rights as Trump was...when he legally avoided paying his former employees, and his taxes. I don't know about you, but I almost vomited when I watched our "Moron-In-Chief" put his smug face on television to tell us that "locking arms is acceptable...but kneeling isn't"...as if "patriotism" were left up to people like him to define. :puke:

I wholly agree with your sentiments. I am not a fan of trump's behavior either. Respect I believe is not a yea or nay issue. While I do not respect Trump for many things I do respect him for his positions on certain issues.

thaskalos
05-22-2019, 05:53 PM
I wholly agree with your sentiments. I am not a fan of trump's behavior either. Respect I believe is not a yea or nay issue. While I do not respect Trump for many things I do respect him for his positions on certain issues.

Yes, I agree...respect isn't a "yay or nay" matter. We can respect a man's occasional good deeds...without necessarily respecting the man.

delayjf
05-23-2019, 10:52 AM
A draft-dodger billionaire president in search of every "legal" loophole in order to avoid paying his taxes is fit to define 'patriotism',

He didn't define anything. Those who took offense to KP acts were outraged before Trump said anything. He may have gave it a voice and he certainly set himself up to be the focus of blame for the liberal left media, but had he said nothing, that outrage would have found another voice.