PDA

View Full Version : Calif. fans may move to New York.

so.cal.fan
02-28-2002, 07:13 PM
Check out the dmtc.com forum people.
Insurance Crisis. We have a "little" problem here!
Damn it. I hate to leave this nice climate.

smf
03-01-2002, 03:53 AM
SC fan,

I can only believe that a workable resolution w/ come about in the not too distant future. I saw on the pp's where Larry Ross has handed over his stock to Severinsen and McLean already. If they don't get this worked out, No Cal is in HUGE trouble.

If anyone keeps a db on Cal races, man oh man is that db ever gonna be flawed when it comes to trainer stats, lol. The people that train the horses and the names attatched are not going to be accurate at all. Trainer switches will have an entirely different meaning in Cal till this thing gets worked out.

Side note, so cal fan......I hear that your owners have to pay state taxes on claims??:p :mad: :( The suits in Sacramento have little business sense is all I can say! :mad: I don't see how owners stay afloat out there.

so.cal.fan
03-01-2002, 09:01 AM
smf:
They don't stay afloat. That is the problem.
Only the very wealthy or extremely lucky stay alive.
It is a bad situation.
A alot of trainers ARE making big bucks down here.
The losers are the owners and the bettors.
Did you read where old Frank Stronach wants to INCREASE the takeout to pay for this?
I wrote to a man in Arizona complaining about the takeout there.
Well............we aren't going to be any better here. Damn it.
They will resolve this, but HOW???

NoDayJob
03-01-2002, 12:58 PM
SCF it will get resolved in the usual way. The fans and taxpayers will foot the bill. The legislators in California will have to learn how to walk and chew gum at the same time before racing getting any better out there. Sorry but that's the truth. -NDJ

so.cal.fan
03-01-2002, 01:10 PM
No Day Job:
I was looking forward to your comment on this. I was hoping you would be more optomistic.
<sigh> I'm sure you're right.

NoDayJob
03-01-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
No Day Job:
I was looking forward to your comment on this. I was hoping you would be more optomistic.
<sigh> I'm sure you're right.

SCF,

There are no legislators in California that give two cents for racing. The powers that be need to grease the proper legislative palms. Senator Maddy please write where ever you are. -NDJ