PDA

View Full Version : Emma Jayne Wilson at Woodbine - Jose Montano Charles Town

sausage
10-13-2017, 02:56 PM
I follow both tracks closely and can not think of two bigger drop offs this season from the past few.

Both riders used to be absolute bankers if they were on a horse that looked the goods now make the same horse lose 5 lengths.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I being too harsh?

Afleet
10-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Emma is on one of my bombs on Sunday-hope she feels like riding

Elkchester Road
10-14-2017, 12:44 AM
Sausage, my first post on this forum...but I have definitely noticed, and suffered for a bit, Wilson's drop-off. 3 years ago she was riding like she had electricity in her hands (no pun intended). She also did particularly well at the Keeneland Fall meet. The next couple of years she seemed plenty capable North of the border. But...this year has been awful for her, and she has become a play against. Montano...not aware of. Now that I have shot my mouth off about Wilson, I am sure she will go on a tear. ;):p:popcorn:

Elliott Sidewater
10-14-2017, 07:45 AM
At Woodbine, Emma Jane shows a win percentage of 9 and ROI of -34% ($1.32 returned for each $2 bet). This is for the last 365 days. Not good.

At Charles Town, Jose Montano shows a win percentage of 23% and ROI of -23% ($1.54 returned for each $2 bet) for the last 365 days. He's the 3rd leading jockey at CT for 2017.

Afleet
10-14-2017, 12:16 PM
I follow both tracks closely and can not think of two bigger drop offs this season from the past few.

Both riders used to be absolute bankers if they were on a horse that looked the goods now make the same horse lose 5 lengths.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I being too harsh?

forcast calls for rain in Toronto this weekend, wonder how much cut in the turf course? Not playing today. Not going out on a limb here, but anything less than rock hard should favor the Euros.

sausage
10-14-2017, 12:41 PM
Montano was like an ATM card at Charles town - his stats would still be ok but his volume of rides is WAY down, he never rides for Runco anymore and I wonder why (I am not in the know).

EJW is just plain off I can think of 15 riders I would rather have on a horse than her at the meet yet 2 years ago she would have been my number one. She looks disinterested and very weak in finishes.

I hope both can turn it around...

TiffaniO
10-14-2017, 10:04 PM
The jockey with the one of the most glaring drop offs to me is JD Acosta. I always thought he was way overrated but I've never seen a jockey who loses on so many odds on favorites.

lamboguy
10-15-2017, 12:40 PM
The jockey with the one of the most glaring drop offs to me is JD Acosta. I always thought he was way overrated but I've never seen a jockey who loses on so many odds on favorites.i happened to notice that myself. he used to be great in the bullring at Charlietown

sausage
10-15-2017, 01:10 PM
Agree with JD Acosta he was very good a few years back :(

Funnily enough after posting here montano had a double and Emma had a winner at woodbine.