PDA

View Full Version : A busy week of winning

tucker6
10-13-2017, 12:14 PM
So our president has been busy fixing what's been broken the last 15-20 years. We have...

1. Scrapped the Clean Power Plan, which would have killed coal and generally hamstrung our economy long term. German electrical costs are three times ours. Let's not join that party.

2. Put sanctuary cities on notice. You don't play ball, we won't support you. Who doesn't support ridding our streets of criminal non citizens? Seems obvious.

3. Love of country has been an adage of distain for too long. We have it lucky in this country. Act like you know it.

4. Scrapping the Iran nuclear "deal." Can someone point out one aspect of this "deal" that makes us safer now than before it was penned? How much money did we give Iran for them to continue to undermine us?

5. Finally, Trump is leeching the life from Obama care. You won't repeal it? Fine, then I'll bleed it to death. He gave Congress the chance to show the way, but unfortunately they decided the dead end to preserve party and ideological lines was preferable over love of country.

For those of you who cannot fathom why we elected Trump, well, these five issues are a good start in your education.

FantasticDan
10-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Just so I'm clear, this was all intended to be serious and not sarcasm, right? :p :bang:

tucker6
10-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Just so I'm clear, this was all intended to be serious and not sarcasm, right? :p :bang:

#HAPPY

tucker6
10-13-2017, 12:53 PM

No matter what happens in 2020 Dan, you and your ilk will find it difficult to undo what The Donald has done so far, and what he is likely to do in the coming three years. I smell two new SCOTUS nominees in the next two years alone. It's great to have America winning again, and no, that isn't sarcasm.

FantasticDan
10-13-2017, 12:57 PM
It's great to have America winning again, and no, that isn't sarcasm.

Are you sure? I really think it is. :ThmbUp:

tucker6
10-13-2017, 01:22 PM
Are you sure? I really think it is. :ThmbUp:

#SAD that you don't have a witty cartoon to describe us deplorables.

thaskalos
10-13-2017, 01:32 PM
It's one thing to say that Trump was the "best of two evils"...and it's an entirely different thing to insist that he "just keeps winning", in his pursuit to "make America great again".

To me...Trump has proven to be a necessary embarrassment...which will hopefully wake us up in the future.

tucker6
10-13-2017, 01:49 PM
It's one thing to say that Trump was the "best of two evils"...and it's an entirely different thing to insist that he "just keeps winning", in his pursuit to "make America great again".

To me...Trump has proven to be a necessary embarrassment...which will hopefully wake us up in the future.
We already had that embarrassment Gus. How do you think we got Trump? I'm serious about that. It was no accident. Obama's real lasting legacy is Donald Trump. I cringe at some of the things Trump says and does, but overall, he is doing exactly what I elected him to do, which is turn a shining light back onto this country with all its warts and failed govt.

thaskalos
10-13-2017, 02:02 PM
We already had that embarrassment Gus. How do you think we got Trump? I'm serious about that. It was no accident. Obama's real lasting legacy is Donald Trump. I cringe at some of the things Trump says and does, but overall, he is doing exactly what I elected him to do, which is turn a shining light back onto this country with all its warts and failed govt.

But you are downplaying the fact that Trump is also shining a light back on HIMSELF, thus causing his backers -- by your own admission -- to "cringe at some of the things that he says and does". Is that a natural byproduct of "making America great again"? Can't we have someone "shine a light on the government's warts", whose own conduct doesn't make us cringe in the process?

No...I don't agree the Trump was elected because of Obama; I think he was elected because of Hillary. If Obama were allowed to run again...I think he would have beaten Trump handily.

Inner Dirt
10-13-2017, 02:06 PM
So our president has been busy fixing what's been broken the last 15-20 years. We have...

3. Love of country has been an adage of distain for too long. We have it lucky in this country. Act like you know it.

For the record I see Trump as the lesser of two evils and I voted for Will Seemore. #3 Is what he has that no other recent president has had and I think that overrides all his warts and short comings. He loves this country and will put the USA first, he won't back down to anyone and doesn't give a crap about being politically correct, that is to be admired.

Clocker
10-13-2017, 02:11 PM
which will hopefully wake us up in the future.
That certainly conflicts with your previous claims to be a pessimist. :p

This election was decided by two classes of voters, the first being the ABC group (Anybody But Clinton). The second, to revive an old cliche, was the low information voters who believed Trump could deliver on his promises.

There is no indication yet of how things might be much different in 2020. If Trump runs, which I doubt, the Dem campaign will just be Anybody But Trump. On the other hand, one reason Hillary lost was that she could not turn out the Obama fans who voted for him based solely on personality. The GOP would face the same problem if Trump doesn't run.

tucker6
10-13-2017, 02:48 PM
. If Obama were allowed to run again...I think he would have beaten Trump handily.

Sadly true. I am more of a pessimist than you! Many of us tread water for 8 looong years until the 2016 election, and had to elect a soft republican to win. I'm not a diehard republican myself. I voted for Carter (student election, was 16) and Clinton, as well as Reagan and Bush Sr. I believe a president with all his duties should at least be smarter than me, and Bush Jr and Obama don't meet the standard imo. To be sure, Obama is a good talker, but he's not the brightest bulb. He was just well packaged by the marketing dept.

tucker6
10-13-2017, 02:54 PM
That certainly conflicts with your previous claims to be a pessimist. :p

This election was decided by two classes of voters, the first being the ABC group (Anybody But Clinton). The second, to revive an old cliche, was the low information voters who believed Trump could deliver on his promises.

There is no indication yet of how things might be much different in 2020. If Trump runs, which I doubt, the Dem campaign will just be Anybody But Trump. On the other hand, one reason Hillary lost was that she could not turn out the Obama fans who voted for him based solely on personality. The GOP would face the same problem if Trump doesn't run.

I once thought that Trump ran simply because it was cheaper to buy the delegates and the power that comes with that than it was to buy the politicians. Many of you may disagree, but as time goes forward, Trump is evening out a little with regard to his craziness, and is actually instituting some policies and themes that will be popular to run upon in 3 years. I'd be careful in discounting him.

Clocker
10-13-2017, 02:57 PM
To be sure, Obama is a good talker
Obama's major talent is delivering a well-written speech. Speaking off the cuff is definitely not his strong point.

CincyHorseplayer
10-13-2017, 03:03 PM
But you are downplaying the fact that Trump is also shining a light back on HIMSELF, thus causing his backers -- by your own admission -- to "cringe at some of the things that he says and does". Is that a natural byproduct of "making America great again"? Can't we have someone "shine a light on the government's warts", whose own conduct doesn't make us cringe in the process?

No...I don't agree the Trump was elected because of Obama; I think he was elected because of Hillary. If Obama were allowed to run again...I think he would have beaten Trump handily.

I've had this thought too. But having the story straight and being morons is equally detestable. I cringe at much of what Trump tweets. But after voting for the last racist in the office for 2 terms it feels good to have an out in the open flaws and all guy! In fact I actually look forward to the reactions to this guy. They are so off the deep end it will be amusing to no end!

tucker6
10-13-2017, 04:03 PM

I'm willing to take the bad with the good. Yes, he's egocentric and bombastic and that isn't pretty to see. On the other hand, his ego and nature allows him to call a spade a spade, which is damn refreshing. He sees a bankrupt politician, he calls him a bankrupt politician. I don't really care that he sometimes doesn't look presidential. I think that's a made up construct people use to corral language and actions that they don't like or are too unpredictable. Trump will have none of it, and I'm cheering him on. We need less presidential and more leadership. It would be nice to have both (and Trump fails here), but give me leadership over marketing. When people look back on the great presidents, do they say that they were presidential or great leaders. Every one was a leader of men and took us in directions that we didn't necessarily want to go, but did so for the good of the country. Now I'm not saying Trump is a great leader. All I'm saying is that I prefer leadership over looks any day.

thaskalos
10-13-2017, 04:13 PM
I'm willing to take the bad with the good. Yes, he's egocentric and bombastic and that isn't pretty to see. On the other hand, his ego and nature allows him to call a spade a spade, which is damn refreshing. He sees a bankrupt politician, he calls him a bankrupt politician. I don't really care that he sometimes doesn't look presidential. I think that's a made up construct people use to corral language and actions that they don't like or are too unpredictable. Trump will have none of it, and I'm cheering him on. We need less presidential and more leadership. It would be nice to have both (and Trump fails here), but give me leadership over marketing. When people look back on the great presidents, do they say that they were presidential or great leaders. Every one was a leader of men and took us in directions that we didn't necessarily want to go, but did so for the good of the country. Now I'm not saying Trump is a great leader. All I'm saying is that I prefer leadership over looks any day.

Unfortunately for Trump...our system of government requires that an effective president be a good COMPROMISER...as WELL as a good "leader". There are checks-and-balances within our government system which obligate the president to cooperate with others in order to really get things done in the country. And Trump fails miserably in this regard.

His "leadership" methods would work GREAT in a "dictatorship" though...:ThmbUp:

jms62
10-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Unfortunately for Trump...our system of government requires that an effective president be a good COMPROMISER...as WELL as a good "leader". There are checks-and-balances within our government system which obligate the president to cooperate with others in order to really get things done in the country. And Trump fails miserably in this regard.

Considering HE NEVER worked in a position previously in his entire life wher he wasn't a Dictator it is obvious he is ill equipped for the job. Trying to delegitimize the media is Dictator 101.

rastajenk
10-13-2017, 07:33 PM
No, I think in Dictator 101 they are taught to make the media the in-house organ.

Inner Dirt
10-13-2017, 08:56 PM
Obama's major talent is delivering a well-written speech. Speaking off the cuff is definitely not his strong point.

It seemed to me he rehearsed everything that came out of his mouth, even if you just asked him what he had for lunch. That makes him a major phony in my book.

JustRalph
10-13-2017, 09:17 PM
No, I think in Dictator 101 they are taught to make the media the in-house organ.

Brilliant!!

Tom
10-13-2017, 09:52 PM
to "cringe at some of the things that he says and does". Is that a natural byproduct of "making America great again"?

No, that is the frosting on the cake! :headbanger:

Just watching the liberal zombies on CNN melt down daily is so entertaining. Trump is driving them battier that than they were to begin with. It's like scoring a touchdown on a bomb and then pounding your chest in front the the defender you just beat. Totally unnecessary but of so much fun to watch.

Tom
10-13-2017, 09:54 PM

Uh, yes, I uh, uh, he, uh, I agree, uh with, uh,that, uh,clocker.

Tom
10-13-2017, 09:56 PM

Thank you for confirming Trump is doing his job so well! :pound:

Tom
10-13-2017, 09:58 PM
There are checks-and-balances within our government system which obligate the president to cooperate with others in order to really get things done in the country.

Say what????
Trump tried to work with the Twins of Deception, UPchuck and Nancy.

Obama never made any effort to compromise with the republicans.

fast4522
10-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Say what????
Trump tried to work with the Twins of Deception, UPchuck and Nancy.

Obama never made any effort to compromise with the republicans.

In two years Nancy will be asking "who am I, whats my name" Upchuck is already saying "your killing me" every time the President pulls out a pen.

Tom
10-13-2017, 10:27 PM
:puke: Schumer....an open minded man.

davew
10-14-2017, 12:38 AM
#SAD that you don't have a witty cartoon to describe us deplorables.

like this?

https://i1.wp.com/a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/4233/8568/original.jpg

Parkview_Pirate
10-14-2017, 01:19 AM
Trump is "winning" in pretty much the same fashion that Obama delivered on hope and change. If you dig a little past the headlines and don't get sidetracked by the emotional and polarizing (and relatively unimportant) issues, the trend is the same. The economy is in a shambles dominated by racketeers in the military-industrial complex, "health care" industry, and welfare - and of course the government bureaucracies that support them. The financial sector is built on a house of sand, and U.S. foreign policy isn't making any friends. The younger generations are saddled with personal college debt and a degree not worth the paper its printed on, and the debt of the older generations.

Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton - they all work(ed) for the same puppet masters. We'll go down the road to a dictatorship, or get caught up in the backlash of a civil war, as various factions attempt to wrest control from the current establishment of elites.

The decline continues.

CincyHorseplayer
10-14-2017, 02:44 AM
Grabbing Washington by the pussy and doing his own thang!:D

Elliott Sidewater
10-14-2017, 09:42 AM
To me Trump peaked with his speech at the UN, possibly the most positive day of his presidency. Pretty, pretty good. Before and after, not so much.

On the night of the election I resigned myself to "hoping for the best", and now his either real or perceived instability just makes me nervous. For the people who thought Obama was divisive leader, well, you ain't seen nothing yet.

As promised, Trump is certainly shaking things up, like a centrifuge.

Clocker
10-14-2017, 10:27 AM
4. Scrapping the Iran nuclear "deal." Can someone point out one aspect of this "deal" that makes us safer now than before it was penned? How much money did we give Iran for them to continue to undermine us?

Trump did not scrap the deal. After Obama made the deal, Congress passed a law requiring that the president certify to Congress every 90 days that the sanctions relief given under the deal is providing proportionate benefits to the United States and that Iran is complying with the agreement.

Trump is not making the certification to Congress, but is keeping the deal in place.

President Donald Trump announced Friday that he will decertify the Iran nuclear deal but will not urge Congress to immediately reimpose nuclear-related sanctions on the country, instead calling for new legislation that could trigger penalties down the line. In short, he just punted the ball to Congress and said the deal needs some work, so fix it.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/13/trump-iran-nuclear-deal-decertification-sanctions-243734

FantasticDan
10-14-2017, 10:41 AM
Grabbing Washington by the pussy and doing his own thang!:D
That's a fine example of why the deplorables love him..

He's the rich white asshole who does what he wants. :ThmbUp: :jump: :ThmbUp:

tucker6
10-14-2017, 10:42 AM
To me Trump peaked with his speech at the UN, possibly the most positive day of his presidency. Pretty, pretty good. Before and after, not so much.

On the night of the election I resigned myself to "hoping for the best", and now his either real or perceived instability just makes me nervous. For the people who thought Obama was divisive leader, well, you ain't seen nothing yet.

As promised, Trump is certainly shaking things up, like a centrifuge.

Your post reminds me that instability and partisanship is in the eye of the beholder. The same could equally be said about Obama from any number of us.

tucker6
10-14-2017, 10:44 AM

What does race have to do with it? Why insert white or black into any discussion not relevant to race? It just makes you look racist Dan, and yes, I'm being serious. Besides, last I looked Weinstein isn't liked by any "deplorables."

Tom
10-14-2017, 11:04 AM

Who, Harvey - the Clinton $$$ machine?
Or Soros, the murderer?
Or Billy-boy, the predator?

Yeah, right.
You got it all figure out.

Tom
10-14-2017, 11:06 AM
For the people who thought Obama was divisive leader, well, you ain't seen nothing yet

The wider the gap between us and the democrat, the better.
Who wants unity with those who would see out our country?

FantasticDan
10-14-2017, 11:31 AM
Who, Harvey - the Clinton $$$ machine?
Or Soros, the murderer? Or Billy-boy, the predator?C'mon man, Clinton murdered too! Lots! Ask anyone here :eek: :lol:

tucker6
10-14-2017, 12:23 PM
C'mon man, Clinton murdered too! Lots! Ask anyone here :eek: :lol:

Poor Vince Foster. When the Clintons told him they had his back, he didn't realize it was with a knife.

Tom
10-14-2017, 03:02 PM
C'mon man, Clinton murdered too! Lots! Ask anyone here :eek: :lol:

You accept the other two premises, though?

chadk66
10-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Trump train getting on a roll:headbanger: Wait till after mid terms. It'll be a run away locomotive. Off to the land of prosperity.:ThmbUp:

fast4522
10-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Poor Vince Foster. When the Clintons told him they had his back, he didn't realize it was with a knife.

Vince Foster was no boy scout, he knew full well exactly who these people were and what they were capable of in the past as well as the future right?

thaskalos
10-14-2017, 07:50 PM
Trump train getting on a roll:headbanger: Wait till after mid terms. It'll be a run away locomotive. Off to the land of prosperity.:ThmbUp:

I wish I could get what this guy has been drinking...so I too could subdue reality for a while.

fast4522
10-14-2017, 07:56 PM
I wish I could get what this guy has been drinking...so I too could subdue reality for a while.

Gus,

If you only keep to yourself and a few friends, how the heck are you going to hear what a cross section of the country is thinking. The networks have been proven to be complete garbage, you only needed good battery's in your remote to hear what you want to hear right? It is like the XFiles quote from the series "the truth is out there".

chadk66
10-14-2017, 08:45 PM
I wish I could get what this guy has been drinking...so I too could subdue reality for a while.yea by all means quit drinking the kool-aid and drink the good stuff man

Tom
10-14-2017, 09:13 PM
He must be doing something right - he is pissing off both parties and the media. :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

Best vote I ever cast!

dkithore
10-15-2017, 09:30 AM
What does race have to do with it? Why insert white or black into any discussion not relevant to race? It just makes you look racist Dan, and yes, I'm being serious. Besides, last I looked Weinstein isn't liked by any "deplorables."

Exactly!

dkithore
10-15-2017, 09:49 AM

Thask,

I agree with your compromiser theory and I ask you who should he compromise with. Divided GOP or dems? Congress is a gathering of special interest reps. Only reps we diplorables did not have are having one. You say checks and balance or I like to say driving with foot on the break is nothing new. What will refresh me is Trump can get something done in spite off all nay sayers.

Tom
10-15-2017, 03:19 PM
His "leadership" methods would work GREAT in a "dictatorship" though...

How is that, but ending EOs fromthe previous guy the clearly violate the laws of the land? I do not thing dictatorship means what you think it means.

woodtoo
10-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Big pedophile busts in Myrtle Beach SC, Florida and Texas.
Sessions cleaning the swamp from the outside inward.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp: