PDA

View Full Version : How Bout that Didi?

RunForTheRoses
10-12-2017, 09:24 AM
I know most probably hate the Yankees, that's understandable. For a Yankee fan this has been one fantastic post-season, even filled with some managerial drama. If their starting pitching holds up, they have a great bullpen, you never know...

RunForTheRoses
10-18-2017, 07:15 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yellow-face/the-big-boss-smiley-emoticon.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY

MutuelClerk
10-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Bye Bye Sucker Punch Sanchez.

P.O.S.

The Yankees likable? Yeah right.

FantasticDan
10-22-2017, 12:02 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yellow-face/the-big-boss-smiley-emoticon.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J2QdDbelmY
As much as I used to like that song, I can't take it anymore. You can't turn on any sport now without hearing it ALL GAME LONG. So much for originality.. :ThmbDown:

Marshall Bennett
10-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Go Astros!! Young, vibrant, and definitely on fire. They'll be underdogs with good reason to the Dodgers, but they couldn't go into the series any more confident and prepared. :popcorn:

barahona44
10-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Joe Girardi out as manager of the Yankees.Apparently the ghost of George Steinbrenner still hovers over the Pinstripes.

ElKabong
10-28-2017, 12:59 AM
Go Astros!! Young, vibrant, and definitely on fire. They'll be underdogs with good reason to the Dodgers, but they couldn't go into the series any more confident and prepared. :popcorn:

Darvish rounded back to his playoff form. Got rocked. Dodgers now in a hole of sorts, the half Astros are getting good wood on the LA bullpen.

Roberts may need to start Kershaw in games 4,7 but I know he won't. Too conservative. But with the Hou bats alive he may have to,to win this thing. Those boys in orange and blue are taking their cuts, they fear nothing right now

barahona44
10-28-2017, 01:10 PM
Great move on the part of Houston to have their two young back of the rotation starters ,McCullers and Peacock ,do a tag team complete game.Bullpen (not their strong point ) should be rested for the next couple of games.The Dodgers,thanks to early exits by Rich Hill and Yu Darvish,have a bullpen that's on fumes.Last time I checked Alex Wood is still starting for LA tonight. Dave Roberts isn't pushing the panic button yet.

I think whoever wins tonight's game wins the Series ,especially if Wood goes really deep in the game for a Dodgers victory.

ElKabong
10-28-2017, 07:50 PM
just now found out what guriel did in the dugout towards darvish... he should have been suspended the rest of the series, instead he's being suspended for 5 games in 2018... overtly racist action, would get you fired on the spot in an office environment... it has NO place in baseball.

ElKabong
10-30-2017, 12:08 AM
Heckuva series but Dave Roberts will be second guessed all off season for pulling starters way too early in this series. Kershaw should have closed out that inning + a batter or three the next.

The astros have 11 runs into the seventh inning, no outs. McCarthy has nothing left. Nothing. Finally pulled him. It's still anyone's ballgame but Roberts has been a joke here. Cub fans take note.... Maddon is a good mgr, you could do much worse.

Great series regardless of outcome, but Roberts has been the Astros best weapon. Not letting Kershaw get three or four more outs was a mistake as was pulling Hill early in game two. At this point you manage one game at a time.

ElKabong
10-30-2017, 01:05 AM
Some great at bats tonight, Dodgers tie the game at 12 on a great 2-2 pitch. Can't fault a lot of the pitching, there are some great, intelligent hitters on display. Hate long games but this has been epic

reckless
10-30-2017, 01:10 AM
Heckuva series but Dave Roberts will be second guessed all off season for pulling starters way too early in this series. Kershaw should have closed out that inning + a batter or three the next.

The astros have 11 runs into the seventh inning, no outs. McCarthy has nothing left. Nothing. Finally pulled him. It's still anyone's ballgame but Roberts has been a joke here. Cub fans take note.... Maddon is a good mgr, you could do much worse.

Great series regardless of outcome, but Roberts has been the Astros best weapon. Not letting Kershaw get three or four more outs was a mistake as was pulling Hill early in game two. At this point you manage one game at a time.

And yet analytics is dominating the game and managers are being fired/hired because of a perceived affinity of it.

Who needs a Kershaw when the stat guys say remove him after 5 innings regardless of the score and situation.

As for Roberts, he's been clueless all year IMO.

ElKabong
10-30-2017, 01:49 AM
Eta on post 10... Morrow, not McCarthy

What a game. Janszen was gassed, Bregman knew he'd see a good first pitch to hit given Janszens last two batters faced (was losing control, deep into counts after getting behind the count). The dodger closer needed out of the inning...fast

I'm sure dahoss ( the good one) and POT are proud of bregman. LSU boy did good with the game on the line.

Last year was a great WS but this one is all that and then some. Great entertainment

ElKabong
10-30-2017, 01:55 AM
And yet analytics is dominating the game and managers are being fired/hired because of a perceived affinity of it.

Who needs a Kershaw when the stat guys say remove him after 5 innings regardless of the score and situation.

As for Roberts, he's been clueless all year IMO.

Good points. I've not seen much of LAD since the wife is a ranger fan, It's about all the mlb I get to see. I've heard Roberts is capt hook, but this series he's been a train wreck IMO.

At some point baseball people need to be given the game back from the Bill James types. It's gotten out of hand.

thaskalos
10-30-2017, 02:19 AM
Great WS game tonight, and the Astros must be given all the credit for the resiliency that they've shown...but a thought occurred to me as I watched Yasiel Puig launch that one-handed home run in the 9th inning. If MLB isn't forthright about juicing the ball this year...why do they blame the ballplayers for not admitting that they are juicing THEMSELVES?

RunForTheRoses
10-30-2017, 09:35 AM
Wish I could say I watched it to the end, has to be one of the greatest Series games ever.