PDA

View Full Version : R9 Keeneland G1 Shadwell Mile (11/7/17)

Lemon Drop Husker
10-07-2017, 11:45 AM
The fall Keeneland meet is underway and we get a fantastic card today including the monster that is this year's G1 Shadwell Turf Mile.

Is Miss Temple City ready to defend her title?

:1: Tyler U: Hey, we'd all like to have a good seat to watch this one. Robby and Tyler will get as good a view as anybody.

:2: Divisidero: Leparoux had a solid opening day at Keeneland and gets the call here on a multiple G1 winner. Maybe not in his best form, but always a contender that can pop at any time.

:3: Suedois: The first foreign invader comes in off a win in Group 2 company. His Ascot race is a pretty good measure, and he certainly wasn't embarrassed in that one. ML of 15/1 seems awfully high.

:4: Le Ken: I'm not ever a big fan of Argentinian shippers, but Lanerie climbs on board after his less than enthusing American debut at Del Mar in August. Still hard to see him hitting the Super Hi5. Le Pass.

:5: Dimension: If this race were at Woodbine, one might consider him on some exotics. O'fer Keeneland in hitting the board in 3 tries is as appetizing as a day old McDonald's cheeseburger. Hard to see a 9YO coming out of nowhereville to beat this crew.

:6: Ballagh Rocks: This guy has put together a pretty solid 4YO campaign thus far and is on the improve. Is he ready to battle Miss Temple and Heart to Heart on the front end gate to wire to get it done? Nice entry with the always dangerous Mott/Lezcano combination.

:7: Mondialiste: Should be one of the deep closers in here, and could get a great set up if right today. Maybe not the horse he once was, but still incredibly dangerous. The 1 for 13 record the last 2 years is extremely hard to look past if looking to fire a Win wager on a ML 4/1.

:8: Miss Temple City: She loves this track, and is obviously being pointed towards the BC again. Her Ascot performance was certainly not her best, but she has rebounded back in the States and is fresh off a tough win. She'll take a ton of money, and has to be considered on any ticket you may want to fire.

:9: Flatlined: A solid horse, just not sure he is good enough for these. He is in form, so I like the entry in here to take their shot.

:10: Heart to Heart: Maybe the horse to beat when it is all said and done. Will undoubtedly be on the front end, and he is as good as any to win in wire to wire fashion on the green stuff. FloGeaux on the mount is interesting as Leparoux likely had a choice. Major contender.

:11: Christian C: Lightly raced 4YO has been well placed his entire career. This is an obvious stepping out of the box entry for this guy, but he is winning. Will be a monster price, and incredibly difficult to see him being fast enough to do his thing on the front end with these.

:12: Offering Plan: Chad Brown/Javier Castellano. Do we need to go any further? Seems to always be in the mix and is coming in off of 3 pretty solid races. Has to be considered, but not sure you'll get the 15/1 ML.

:13: Applicator: A 4YO that is 3 for 31 lifetime, and will need to be forwardly placed in a field with true G1 Turf Mile front runners. Even if tactics are changed, you then have to deal with this post position. 30/1 ML makes a ton of sense.

:14: American Patriot: An all or nothing type sort getting his 2nd race back after Ascot. 2 for 2 at this venue, and if he can get back to his Makers Mile performance from last year, he is dangerous. Very very interesting entry.

Should be a really good one without a true for sure favorite. Great betting race.

GMB@BP
10-07-2017, 03:40 PM
Tough race.

I am against Miss Temple City and American Patriot and most of my play is going around Divisidero and Mondialiste. I am not sure how it gets bet but I will bet the overlay between the two.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-07-2017, 05:44 PM
Tough race.

I am against Miss Temple City and American Patriot and most of my play is going around Divisidero and Mondialiste. I am not sure how it gets bet but I will bet the overlay between the two.

Mondialiste bet in the multiples and double like a 10/1 so the price should still come down, but 10/1 is solid for that kind of horse.

Gonna play the :2::3::6::14: in some wagers and toss in Temple.