PDA

View Full Version : Only 20 million

JustRalph
10-06-2017, 02:34 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-reg-food-stamp-fraud-south-florida-20171002-story.html

Interesting names......

ElKabong
10-06-2017, 02:40 AM
Those are all American names, the guys charged with twenty million in fraudulent SNAP transactions. We need more folks like that in this country that adhere to impeccable values...

thaskalos
10-06-2017, 03:03 AM
Eight small convenience stores were raided...but only the two Muslim-sounding owners' names were released in the article. Were the other owners "accidentally" ignored...or was this omission planned, in order to further some "xenophobic agenda"?

RunForTheRoses
10-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Eight small convenience stores were raided...but only the two Muslim-sounding owners' names were released in the article. Were the other owners "accidentally" ignored...or was this omission planned, in order to further some "xenophobic agenda"?

Wow you are unbelievable trying to spin this egregious crime into more white racism, smh

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article176438086.html

The 12 charged over four cases are Hasan Saleh, 59, Mohammed Alobaisi, 37, Reynold Francois, 38, Ihab Hassouna, 44, Mohammad Alteen, 33, Maria Jerdana, 36, Joe Ann Baker, 56, Yousef “Joe” Homedan Zahran, 60, Omar Hajje, 43, Jalal Hajyousef, 42, Andy Javier Herrera, 24, and father Javier Herrera, 49.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article176438086.html#storylink=cpy

How's that?

boxcar
10-06-2017, 10:30 AM

Not possible that all eight could have been owned by the two named suspects, heh? :coffee:

thaskalos
10-06-2017, 01:12 PM
Not possible that all eight could have been owned by the two named suspects, heh? :coffee:

The article clearly states otherwise...for those who bother to read carefully.

AltonKelsey
10-06-2017, 01:15 PM

i'm waiting for some ethnics to be charge with PAST POSTING. Then we get old thaskalos to wise up.

thaskalos
10-06-2017, 01:19 PM
i'm waiting for some ethnics to be charge with PAST POSTING. Then we get old thaskalos to wise up.

If "old Thaskalos" wises up...it certainly won't be because of "young Alton". :rolleyes:

AltonKelsey
10-06-2017, 01:35 PM
I've been railing about food stamps being a GIANT scam for many years.

Sure , there are legit users, but imo the abuse is RAMPANT and significant.

Obama papered the house with these giveaways.

They should revamp the entire system.

thaskalos
10-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Wow you are unbelievable trying to spin this egregious crime into more white racism, smh

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article176438086.html

The 12 charged over four cases are Hasan Saleh, 59, Mohammed Alobaisi, 37, Reynold Francois, 38, Ihab Hassouna, 44, Mohammad Alteen, 33, Maria Jerdana, 36, Joe Ann Baker, 56, Yousef “Joe” Homedan Zahran, 60, Omar Hajje, 43, Jalal Hajyousef, 42, Andy Javier Herrera, 24, and father Javier Herrera, 49.
Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article176438086.html#storylink=cpy

How's that?

That's how it should be. If there are 12 different defendants...then the articles that report on them should list all of the names. Otherwise, it's suspicious.

And, here's the "real deal"...from someone who has been in the retail grocery business for 40 years:

Do you see all those remaining small grocery stores or "convenience" stores that we see scattered everywhere? This illegal practice had been going on there since I first started stocking shelves at the age of 15...and in many cases it goes on even now...especially in the poor neighborhoods. People receive food stamps...and they want to buy things with them that the government won't allow them to buy. So...they offer food stamps to the store owners as an exchange for a lesser amount in cash. I remember drunks walking up to me when I was working a cash register at the age of 16 ...and offering me $100 in food stamp coupons while asking for only $50 in cash. My boss never allowed it...but many others did.

It's a sign of the times that most convenience stores in this country now seem to be run by foreigners...so, this seems like a "foreigner" problem. But to fully understand what is really going on here...we must take the time to notice that this problem is initiated by the food-stamp RECIPIENTS...who are looking to buy cigarettes, liquor and drugs with cash that they are supposed to use for food. As long as there are "troubled people" walking around, this problem will persist...whether the stores are run by foreigners, or not.

AltonKelsey
10-06-2017, 02:00 PM
So if its so widespread this scam by convenience stores, and I have no doubt that's the case, why don't they get busted? Never made any sense that there were so many of these stores on every corner.

Easy marks. A blind eye turned.

thaskalos
10-06-2017, 02:15 PM
So if its so widespread this scam by convenience stores, and I have no doubt that's the case, why don't they get busted? Never made any sense that there were so many of these stores on every corner.

Easy marks. A blind eye turned.

They don't get busted because the government doesn't really give a shit about this problem. Everyone is trying to line their own pockets...while keeping things exactly as they are.

How else does a piece-of-shit little store explain millions in food-stamp sales in such a short time-period...when barely any "real food" at all is offered on the store shelves?

Inner Dirt
10-06-2017, 02:21 PM
I've been railing about food stamps being a GIANT scam for many years.

Sure , there are legit users, but imo the abuse is RAMPANT and significant.

Obama papered the house with these giveaways.

They should revamp the entire system.

Quite often I see people at the local market use EBT cards to buy groceries, then on a separate order pay $80 cash for 2 cartons of cigarettes. What is wrong with that picture? Some people have no shame.

mostpost
10-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Quite often I see people at the local market use EBT cards to buy groceries, then on a separate order pay $80 cash for 2 cartons of cigarettes. What is wrong with that picture? Some people have no shame.
I can't believe two cartons of cigarettes costs $80. Do people really pay $4 a pack to get lung cancer? But, then, I'm not a smoker.

Inner Dirt
10-06-2017, 02:40 PM
I can't believe two cartons of cigarettes costs $80. Do people really pay $4 a pack to get lung cancer? But, then, I'm not a smoker.

$4 is cheap for brand name cigs compared to states with higher taxes. I think in Maryland which is a neighboring state they are $7 a pack.

AltonKelsey
10-06-2017, 03:03 PM

Hate to ruin your day , but the imbeciles that smoke, and yes, imbecile is the operative word, pay a minimum of $13 a pack in New York.

There's no shortage of morons.

If it was up to me, and it aint, no one that smokes would be eligible for food stamps. Quit, or starve.

Inner Dirt
10-06-2017, 07:01 PM
Hate to ruin your day , but the imbeciles that smoke, and yes, imbecile is the operative word, pay a minimum of $13 a pack in New York.

There's no shortage of morons.

If it was up to me, and it aint, no one that smokes would be eligible for food stamps. Quit, or starve.

I wonder how many cigarettes are smuggled into New York from Virginia? I think our tobacco tax is one of the lowest. I also see a lot of people using food stamps to buy a whole cart of nothing but non diet soda, potato chips, candy and frozen pizza. I rarely see an EBT customer with a cart full of fresh produce, eggs, milk and chicken. It is unfortunately something that needs more government over sight.