PDA

View Full Version : Pro-life lawmaker seeks abortion for mistress.

thaskalos
10-06-2017, 12:18 AM
Here is an example of how sincere our lawmakers are in the "political positions" that they assume, on the social issues that affect millions of citizens whom they presume to "represent":

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41520106

barahona44
10-06-2017, 07:35 AM
Rep. Murphy is a Republican not expecting too much criticism here.And if it does ,the "What about (fill in name of Democrat)" will come up in the conversation.

Fager Fan
10-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Here is an example of how sincere our lawmakers are in the "political positions" that they assume, on the social issues that affect millions of citizens whom they presume to "represent":

I don't doubt their are hypocrites on both sides, or people who only give lip service due to what their party expects from them.

He admits to his own hypocrisy so I don't really care to defend him if he's not, but I'd point out that the law he was officially in support of was to prevent late term abortions, not early abortions that he apparently discussed with his mistress. Some people do hold that opinion, not being against all abortions at any time but instead being against the abortion of a child after a significant age of development.

mostpost
10-06-2017, 03:12 PM
I saw on a screen crawl on MSNBC yesterday that he had resigned. Haven't seen or heard anything elsewhere.
Just looked at the article in the OP. He did indeed resign.

ReplayRandall
10-06-2017, 03:32 PM

Just shows how deep and repugnant the swamp of politics is, no matter what party affiliation.....The hypocrisy should stun people, but they're all too de-sensitized to respond anymore....Oh well.

JustRalph
10-06-2017, 03:39 PM
He’s a douche

Tom
10-06-2017, 06:29 PM
He's a republican - that means he is a liar.
How about he goes for the root cause of this problem and aborts his mistress?

MutuelClerk
10-07-2017, 09:39 AM
I bet she had tattoos. Bitch.

buzzy
10-07-2017, 05:21 PM
More republican hypocrisy....

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2017/08/28/flashback_20_texas_gop_representatives_and_both_se nators_voted_against_the.html

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Rep. Murphy is a Republican not expecting too much criticism here.And if it does ,the "What about (fill in name of Democrat)" will come up in the conversation.Seems like he's gotten some criticism...

Do as I say, not as I do...a common theme throughout history...Republicans are not immune...

Tom
10-07-2017, 11:28 PM
The only difference is that the right is the only side to ever hold their dirt bags accountable.

Fager Fan
10-08-2017, 12:56 AM
I will again point out that it's not hypocritical if he was just against late term abortions, not ones at 6-8 weeks.

I don't know if that's the case and I'm not defending him, but every poster keeps ignoring that fact. Almost everyone disagrees with late term abortions, even those who are on the pro-abortion side.

lamboguy
10-08-2017, 03:45 AM
don't you guys think that the opposite side is immune to this very same issue in reverse. i have seen liberal democrats claim they are pro choice in public but when it comes down to their own family's they don't allow it. politicians talk from both sides of their mouths from both sides of your isle's.

Tom
10-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Funny how two threads pop up up consecutively today - this one, where scum bags are judge by their actions no matter what the politics, and the one about Harvey the Hands, a long-time woman-groper who gets a total pass by the left leaning among us.

Dahoss9698
10-08-2017, 10:32 AM
Funny how two threads pop up up consecutively today - this one, where scum bags are judge by their actions no matter what the politics, and the one about Harvey the Hands, a long-time woman-groper who gets a total pass by the left leaning among us.

Yeah all 3 of you said something.

I find you pretending to be a champion for women hilarious. No one has said worse things about women you don't like, but suddenly you're PA's Gloria Allred.

Paceadvantage....come for the horse talk and stay for the off topic laughs. :pound:

Dahoss9698
10-08-2017, 10:51 AM
I forgot to mention you've even got one person defending him (twice), while saying he wasn't defending him.

Fager Fan
10-08-2017, 11:05 AM
I forgot to mention you've even got one person defending him (twice), while saying he wasn't defending him.

I'm not defending him for being a cheat.

I'm defending him of being a hypocrite. We don't know, not from what has been presented at least, that he's a hypocrite. People vary in their opinions on abortion. Some are against it in total. Some are in favor of it in total. Some are against except for cases of incest or rape. Some are in favor of it until the unborn child reaches a specific age in development and then then they are against it being aborted. Its shorthand term is "late term abortions," and most are against it, whether they are in favor of or against abortions earlier, with the exception of whether it's necessary to save the life of the mother.

So, you all can skip right over the fact that he may not be hypocritical, that he may in fact be practicing personally exactly how he acted as a politician. I mean, don't let me get in the way of bringing some facts into the mud-slinging.

Dahoss9698
10-08-2017, 11:07 AM
Who cares why you're defending him? You are.

He took a vow when he got married, cheated and got his mistress pregnant.

He's a hypocrite.

thaskalos
10-08-2017, 11:09 AM
I'm not defending him for being a cheat.

I'm defending him of being a hypocrite. We don't know, not from what has been presented at least, that he's a hypocrite. People vary in their opinions on abortion. Some are against it in total. Some are in favor of it in total. Some are against except for cases of incest or rape. Some are in favor of it until the unborn child reaches a specific age in development and then then they are against it being aborted. Its shorthand term is "late term abortions," and most are against it, whether they are in favor of or against abortions earlier, with the exception of whether it's necessary to save the life of the mother.

So, you all can skip right over the fact that he may not be hypocritical, that he may in fact be practicing personally exactly how he acted as a politician. I mean, don't let me get in the way of bringing some facts into the mud-slinging.

Let me see if I understand you on this:

Are you saying the the "Pro-life" advocates are alright with abortions...as long as they are carried out within the first 6 weeks of the pregnancy?

thaskalos
10-08-2017, 11:15 AM
I will again point out that it's not hypocritical if he was just against late term abortions, not ones at 6-8 weeks.

I don't know if that's the case and I'm not defending him, but every poster keeps ignoring that fact. Almost everyone disagrees with late term abortions, even those who are on the pro-abortion side.

The article states that ex-Congressman Murphy had been praised by a conservative Christian lobby group...:for his stance on abortion and family values. Do you suppose that the Christian lobby group was praising him for advocating abortions during the first 6-8 weeks of the pregnancy?

Fager Fan
10-08-2017, 12:14 PM
The article states that ex-Congressman Murphy had been praised by a conservative Christian lobby group...:for his stance on abortion and family values. Do you suppose that the Christian lobby group was praising him for advocating abortions during the first 6-8 weeks of the pregnancy?

I don't hold someone accountable for praise by a person or group, or for someone donating to their campaign (see the Hollywood director thread).

I know I posted in plain and clear English, so I know you understand it so I won't repeat for the sake of repeating. I believe that most people aren't at one extreme or the other on abortion, but instead have certain exceptions where they're either ok morally with an abortion or preventing an abortion. I believe most who are supposedly pro-abortion draw the line at late term abortion, which is what he supported legislatively, not a bill which would make illegal what he supposedly talked with his mistress about.

It's a bit absurd that they even had the convo. Two professional adults, yet she didn't even buy and run a $20 pregnancy test before having this convo. She kept the texts. She gave them to a newspaper. She was married too, so she was no less a cheat than he was, and not too flattering of her to go public trying to harm him.

Ultimately, I couldn't care less about either of them.

Dahoss9698
10-08-2017, 02:26 PM
The guy who has made some ridiculous comments about women is digging his heels in to defend this creep. He's more mad at the woman.

I know I'm shocked. :eek:

RunForTheRoses
10-08-2017, 02:50 PM
That dood was a fake, phony fraud. Next.

ElKabong
10-08-2017, 02:51 PM

How hot was the mistress?

He who throws the first stone, and all.....

chadk66
10-09-2017, 07:44 PM
Just another RHINO. Next.