PDA

View Full Version : Race evenly

jasperson
10-05-2017, 07:02 PM
I am thinking about having my computer program rate the type of race that the horse has run. Gained ground and faded are easy it is just a matter of beaten lengths,but evenly is a problem. Is it just beaten lengths or position or both? How many beaten lengths between each call can you have before it is not an even race? I am thinking 1 1/2 lengths as a max and how many position changes between each call? I am thinking 2 max. What do the rest of you think? Your input would be appreciated.

FakeNameChanged
10-05-2017, 11:05 PM
I'm curious, do you think an even race by some definition or comments line is a prime candidate for a win next race out? Perhaps if its also a class drop, or somewhat improved form.

Nutz and Boltz
10-06-2017, 07:31 AM
I look for an "even race" that was first time at a distance , a finish out of the money and possibly a jockey change.

RichieP
10-06-2017, 07:32 AM
Positionally max 1
Beaten lengths max 1 and 1/2

jasperson
10-06-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm curious, do you think an even race by some definition or comments line is a prime candidate for a win next race out? Perhaps if its also a class drop, or somewhat improved form.
I just want to look at how a horse ran after running a even type of race. I think a horse that had run evenly in a race didn't show any definable speed. I would prefer a horse that has shown some speed either early or late.

dlivery
10-06-2017, 05:51 PM
I just want to look at how a horse ran after running a even type of race. I think a horse that had run evenly in a race didn't show any definable speed. I would prefer a horse that has shown some speed either early or late.

Preferably late energy horse:bang:

An Early horse Has to have :1a::1a::1a: