PDA

View Full Version : par times

I LOVE THIS GAME
08-13-2004, 12:41 PM
does anyone use gordon pines par times? i have been using them and i have been doing very well. kicked butt on haskell day and saratoga had a great card as allways. My favorite horse LION HEART won eaisly as i expected, rock hard ten was a throw out if you use par times. had the tripple cold and blasted lion heart to win. i wish smarty jones was in the race so to prove that he really isn' t as good as LION HEART. Well i guess i will never see that match up. In the preakness rock hard ten held the race up for 10 min leaving the horses standing in the gate. i didnt understand that. If that race was run in socal the horses would have been backed out to walk around a little, they don,t fool around there.If he went in without any problem we might have seen a different turnout. Rock hard ten almost did the same thing in the haskell but thank god he went in without a big hold up this time i hate that horse.

Houndog
08-13-2004, 01:15 PM
Yes Lion Heart is a good horse. Will never know if he could beat Smarty Jones since his retirement. The only thing I do know is that Lion Heart had the lead in the Kentucky Derby but was passed by Smart Jones in the stretch. Anyhow congratulations on a nice hit.

Speed Figure
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Gordon Pine still makes par times?

lefthandlow
08-14-2004, 07:34 AM
anyone

so just how did you use the pars to pick the winner??

do you do them daily??or check them from each horses pp's.

LL

cj
08-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Pars or none, there is no way in HELL Lion Heart was better than Smarty. Did you see the Derby or Preakness?

I LOVE THIS GAME
08-15-2004, 09:34 AM
first of all the derby was run on an off track that smarty jones loved. the preakness was held up by rock hard ten for ten minutes. lion heart was the first horse in the gate an had to stand in the gate the longest .I think when horses stand in the gate to long they don't run as well.if you look at the preakness lion was kind of rank mike did not look like he had control of him. He looks like he is fixed up now and in top form and i don't think smarty could beat him at his best. He is only going to get better.

I LOVE THIS GAME
08-15-2004, 09:38 AM
yes speed figure, he still makes pars and in combination with the average daily varients and how to compare inter track class levels i come up with horses that are nice odds.

kitts
08-15-2004, 02:13 PM
In response to your original question, Gordon Pine no longer offers par times for sale. At one time, he did construct par times for Cynthia Publishing but no longer.

Personally, I am quite impressed with the method that Cynthia Publishing implements in constructing their current par times and the way their software compensates when no par times exist.

46zilzal
08-24-2004, 11:30 PM
Pars dont work...EACH race is a different interation of abilities and fitness never to occur again