PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita's revamped turf course...

VigorsTheGrey
10-03-2017, 08:00 PM
I saw that Santa Anita has revamped its turf course...does anyone know what the crews did...? It looks fantastic and I was thinking routes could play to inside speed....

Then in the finale Sat 6.5 furlongs, Spin Me a Kiss ran very well near the lead to just miss while Storm the Hill and Tapped exploded in the final 110 yards to run 1st and 2nd....I am interested in the Beyer for all three, as I get the feeling this could be a very productive race moving forward...

Also, is there a metric known to the racing god's that measures the kind of explosive speed in the final few yards as demonstrated in this race...? Late pace is usually a 2 furlong metric, isn't it...I'm not aware of any metric in TB's that looks at the final 110 yards ...?

surfdog89
10-03-2017, 10:01 PM
The turf course is awesome.......I single trapped in the late pick 4.....could have hit it.......but trapped flew home getting second.........that horse is a course to watch next time out going down the turf course.........:cool:

elhelmete
10-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Two things to remember...

No turf racing the past month in SoCal, so beware of underestimating so-called GG shippers...many of them are SoCal horses who shipped north to get a turf race in.

IMHO, for the downhill 6.5f course, downgrade horses that did well in DMR turf sprints, and upgrade good turf milers.

Tom
10-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Cut backs to the downhill, and experience over the track - two big factors.

ultracapper
10-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Cut backs to the downhill, and experience over the track - two big factors.

A horse that was keen in that route...GOLDEN!!

AskinHaskin
10-06-2017, 09:08 AM
Spin Me a Kiss ran very well near the lead to just miss while Storm the Hill and Tapped exploded in the final 110 yards to run 1st and 2nd....I am interested in the Beyer for all three

Each received an '88'

cj
10-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Then in the finale Sat 6.5 furlongs, Spin Me a Kiss ran very well near the lead to just miss while Storm the Hill and Tapped exploded in the final 110 yards to run 1st and 2nd....I am interested in the Beyer for all three, as I get the feeling this could be a very productive race moving forward...

They will always get the same rating on Beyer when finishing that close together. Beyer does break races out as he did recently on the FrontRunner, but he never messes with the value of beaten lengths within a race.