PDA

View Full Version : Keenland Oct 6-7 Cards

linrom1
10-03-2017, 01:25 PM
Anyone who wants an example how a race card should be carded, take a look at Keenland's Friday card. NOTE: how the Racing Secretary placed day's best races during last 6 race sequence.

Now, not only do you have a playable Pick-4, but there is a Pick-5 that can also be played. If this was NYRA or Santa Anita, the jokers running the show over there would have thrown in $19k Claiming and $21 Maiden Claiming into the final 6-race sequence making P4 and P5 unplayable.

Now take a look at their Oct 7th card!

Keeneland’s popular Pick Fours and Pick Fives return this fall:

$350,000 guaranteed All-Stakes Pick Four Presented by TVG on Saturday, Oct. 7, on races 6-9: Thoroughbred Club of America, First Lady, Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity and Shadwell Turf Mile.
$250,000-guaranteed All-Stakes Pick Five Presented by TVG on Saturday, Oct. 7, on races 5-9: Woodford Presented by Keeneland Select, Thoroughbred Club of America, First Lady, Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity and Shadwell Turf Mile.
$350,000-guaranteed Pick Four Presented by TVG (Saturday, Oct. 14, 21).
The Belmont-Keeneland Pick Four on Saturday, Oct. 7, offers fans an opportunity to wager on premier stakes from Belmont and Keeneland, including the Shadwell Turf Mile (G1), Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity (G1) and Jockey Club Gold Cup (G1).

Keenland is still a great place and it shows.

Dahoss9698
10-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Seems reasonable to compare the big opening weekend of a boutique meet that runs for 3 weeks with tracks that run for many months and don't have the ability to do that.

:rolleyes:

jay68802
10-03-2017, 02:51 PM
Hope the track, owners, trainers, jockeys enjoy the higher take out.:puke:

Afleet
10-03-2017, 03:53 PM
KEE isn't open this year-have to wait untill next year.

The good news is Canadian International day is on 10/15. Lowest WPS and double take in North America, if I'm not mistaken. Should be fun!

October 15, 2017
E.P. Taylor S (GIT)
$500k g 3&up f/m 10f Turf
Nearctic S (GIIT)
$250k g 3&up 6f Turf
Ontario Derby (GIII)
$125k g 3yo 9f AW
Pattison Canadian International (GIT) $800k g 3&up 12f Turf

therussmeister
10-03-2017, 04:21 PM
I love maiden and claiming races, if I played pick 4s and pick 5s I'd skip these cards.

SandyW
10-05-2017, 03:55 AM
Anyone who wants an example how a race card should be carded, take a look at Keenland's Friday card. NOTE: how the Racing Secretary placed day's best races during last 6 race sequence.

Now, not only do you have a playable Pick-4, but there is a Pick-5 that can also be played. If this was NYRA or Santa Anita, the jokers running the show over there would have thrown in $19k Claiming and $21 Maiden Claiming into the final 6-race sequence making P4 and P5 unplayable.

Now take a look at their Oct 7th card!

Keeneland’s popular Pick Fours and Pick Fives return this fall:

$350,000 guaranteed All-Stakes Pick Four Presented by TVG on Saturday, Oct. 7, on races 6-9: Thoroughbred Club of America, First Lady, Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity and Shadwell Turf Mile.
$250,000-guaranteed All-Stakes Pick Five Presented by TVG on Saturday, Oct. 7, on races 5-9: Woodford Presented by Keeneland Select, Thoroughbred Club of America, First Lady, Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity and Shadwell Turf Mile.
$350,000-guaranteed Pick Four Presented by TVG (Saturday, Oct. 14, 21).
The Belmont-Keeneland Pick Four on Saturday, Oct. 7, offers fans an opportunity to wager on premier stakes from Belmont and Keeneland, including the Shadwell Turf Mile (G1), Claiborne Breeders’ Futurity (G1) and Jockey Club Gold Cup (G1).

Keenland is still a great place and it shows.

A great place that is out to rape the players can go on without my money.
greed is Keenlands middle name.

olddaddy
10-05-2017, 07:19 AM
KEE isn't open this year-have to wait untill next year.

The good news is Canadian International day is on 10/15. Lowest WPS and double take in North America, if I'm not mistaken. Should be fun!

October 15, 2017
E.P. Taylor S (GIT)
$500k g 3&up f/m 10f Turf
Nearctic S (GIIT)
$250k g 3&up 6f Turf
Ontario Derby (GIII)
$125k g 3yo 9f AW
Pattison Canadian International (GIT) $800k g 3&up 12f Turf

Great stakes races and low takeout but if I remember correctly they are spread out throughout the card. Wish they were carded consecutively.

exactatom
10-05-2017, 09:25 AM
I agree that I am much more inclined to play the longer (over 3 races) multi race wagers when all of the races are graded horses of quality.

I know Keeneland raised the takeout to the level of other tracks and I understand the criticism that has been posted, but I respect a racing secretary and staff that can put together sequences of large fields with quality horses. The staff should receive some credit for putting this type of field together. I have seen these races have at least 5 horses that can win a race as opposed to lower quality level fields in which only 3 horses have a serious chance.

Gambling is about accepting a certain level of risk and requiring a certain level of reward for that risk.