PDA

View Full Version : Unreal...

PhantomOnTour
10-03-2017, 12:18 AM
A Lafayette police officer was murdered last night.....by a kid who used to work for me. Fired him about 18 months ago for assaulting a coworker.
This guy also shot three other people before being captured alive.
The state of Louisiana will execute him for sure.

WTF is this world coming to?

ElKabong
10-03-2017, 02:05 AM
A Lafayette police officer was murdered last night.....by a kid who used to work for me. Fired him about 18 months ago for assaulting a coworker.
This guy also shot three other people before being captured alive.
The state of Louisiana will execute him for sure.

WTF is this world coming to?

Sorry to hear of this, POT. Very sad.

JustRalph
10-03-2017, 04:06 PM
135 officers killed in 2016

Every 3 days an officer is killed on average

No longer rare

Mulerider
10-03-2017, 05:21 PM

No longer rare

My oldest son is a police officer in a Fort Worth suburb. I worry constantly.

JustRalph
10-03-2017, 09:02 PM
My oldest son is a police officer in a Fort Worth suburb. I worry constantly.

I don’t know how they do it anymore........their biggest enemies are their superiors.

God Bless him........:ThmbUp:

Actor
10-05-2017, 02:40 PM

No longer rareEvery 2 days a child under age 12 is killed by a gun in the U.S.

Fager Fan
10-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Every 2 days a child under age 12 is killed by a gun in the U.S.

Interesting stat so I wanted to look up some details. These details are pertinent:

The majority of the nearly 1,300 children killed in gun-related incidents each year are boys between the ages of 13 and 17. In homicides, which represent an average of 53% of annual gun-related deaths among children, African American youths are the most likely victims.

Indeed, African American children were found to have the highest rates of death-by-firearm — 4.1 per 100,000 between 2012 and 2014 — of any ethnic group counted. That’s a major reason why the annual rate of homicide fatalities for African American children (3.5 per 100,000) was nearly twice as high as the rate for Native American children (2.2 per 100,000). Black children’s rate of firearm-related fatalities was four times higher than the rate for Latino children (0.8 per 100,000), and roughly 10 times higher than the rate for white children and Asian American children (each 0.4 per 100,000).

I really do wish there was a strong leader out there for the black community who could get through to and encourage change of lifestyles for black, because the lifestyles they choose (or born into, and their parents chose it for them) is the root of the major problems they have. It's not the police.

JustRalph
10-05-2017, 07:25 PM

Yep.....there is a real problem with stupid parents out there.

How you relate the 2 things is beyond me. 1600 kids under 15 killed in car wrecks every year too.....but what the hell that has to do with cops getting killed is just about as germane as your comment

Mulerider
10-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Yep.....there is a real problem with stupid parents out there.

How you relate the 2 things is beyond me. 1600 kids under 15 killed in car wrecks every year too.....but what the hell that has to do with cops getting killed is just about as germane as your comment

Yes. For that matter, 350 children per year -- almost one per day -- drown in backyard swimming pools. So we're back to parents. Still has nothing to do with murdered officers.

Clocker
10-05-2017, 08:32 PM

No, they are killed by negligent parents.

PhantomOnTour
10-12-2017, 01:26 AM
As we learn more details this story gets more and more disgusting. This little puke shot three people in the store and then called 911 himself; pretending to be a civilian who happened upon the scene. He met the first officer who arrived and began to give him his "story". He went inside with him to point out where the injured people were...and then basically executed this fine officer.
I hope the state of Louisiana does the same to him.
When you set a trap and lay in wait, that is as heinous and evil as it gets. The court will surely and rightfully sentence him to death.
Unbelievably sad

JustRalph
10-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Damn, that’s diabolical.

I remember when there was a gang in California in the 80's that would rob pharmacies and they would have their girlfriends pose as customer-victims. If the robbery went south the Chola's would start shooting.

One officer killed and another paralyzed changed the way robberies were handled.

chadk66
10-12-2017, 03:15 PM
My son was just hired as a LEO this week.