PDA

View Full Version : Trump slashes White House expenses

Fager Fan
10-02-2017, 08:18 PM
On Friday, the Trump administration released their annual report to Congress on White House Office Personnel. It includes the name, status, salary and position title of all 377 White House employees. The report also said that Trump decided not to take a dime of his salary, and instead he donated it to a charitable cause.

The total annual White House salaries under Trump are $35.8 million vs. $40.9 under Obama, a savings of $5.1 million. There are 110 fewer employees on White House staff under Trump than under Obama at this point in their respective presidencies.

Nineteen fewer staffers are dedicated to The First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS) Currently, there are five staffers dedicated to Melania Trump vs. 24 staffers who served Michelle Obama (FY2009)

Regarding Trump's salary, Trump donated all $400,000 to the Department of the Interior where it will be used for construction and repair needs at military cemeteries.

tucker6
10-02-2017, 09:54 PM
The obvious reply is that Trump is a racist nazi needing impeachment.

Fager Fan
10-02-2017, 10:12 PM
On Friday, the Trump administration released their annual report to Congress on White House Office Personnel. It includes the name, status, salary and position title of all 377 White House employees. The report also said that Trump decided not to take a dime of his salary, and instead he donated it to a charitable cause.

The total annual White House salaries under Trump are $35.8 million vs. $40.9 under Obama, a savings of $5.1 million. There are 110 fewer employees on White House staff under Trump than under Obama at this point in their respective presidencies.

Nineteen fewer staffers are dedicated to The First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS) Currently, there are five staffers dedicated to Melania Trump vs. 24 staffers who served Michelle Obama (FY2009)

Regarding Trump's salary, Trump donated all $400,000 to the Department of the Interior where it will be used for construction and repair needs at military cemeteries.

Of course, this begs the response that it took 24 staffers to help Michelle look her best but only five for Melania. :eek:

Dahoss9698
10-02-2017, 10:42 PM
Anyone who actually thinks Melania has only 5 people attending to her is even more deranged than their posts show them to be.

Even better is the idea that Trump "slashed" 5 million in White House expenses with no source credited.

Getting mighty desperate in here. :popcorn:

Fager Fan
10-02-2017, 11:06 PM
Anyone who actually thinks Melania has only 5 people attending to her is even more deranged than their posts show them to be.

Even better is the idea that Trump "slashed" 5 million in White House expenses with no source credited.

Since apparently using Google is too challenging for you, here's one article that details the two women's staff:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bustle.com/p/what-melania-trump-has-done-during-her-time-as-first-lady-vs-what-michelle-obama-did-2372647/amp

I accept your apology in advance.

Dahoss9698
10-02-2017, 11:51 PM
Since apparently using Google is too challenging for you, here's one article that details the two women's staff:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bustle.com/p/what-melania-trump-has-done-during-her-time-as-first-lady-vs-what-michelle-obama-did-2372647/amp

Since reading seems to be too challenging for you, I asked for the source of the topic of your thread. Typically people provide a source when they directly quote something.

Your posts about women keep getting funnier though. You sure are an angry little guy. :lol::lol::lol:

Fager Fan
10-03-2017, 12:00 AM
Since reading seems to be too challenging for you, I asked for the source of the topic of your thread. Typically people provide a source when they directly quote something.

Your posts about women keep getting funnier though. You sure are an angry little guy. :lol::lol::lol:

I gave you a source that verifies the staff of the two women.

I accept your apology.

Dahoss9698
10-03-2017, 12:07 AM
I gave you a source that verifies the staff of the two women.

I accept your apology.

I'm looking for the source of your original post. There must be a reason why you didn't provide it and are now being so obtuse.

At some point you'll get over yourself. For your sake I hope it's soon.

Fager Fan
10-03-2017, 12:12 AM
It was edited down from THIS article:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18220/trump-wh-budget-trim-22m-president-donates-salary-joseph-curl

Not that you care. But your attempt at a gotcha failed. I accept your apology for the name-calling.

Dahoss9698
10-03-2017, 12:17 AM
It was edited down from THIS article:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/18220/trump-wh-budget-trim-22m-president-donates-salary-joseph-curl

Not that you care. But your attempt at a gotcha failed. I accept your apology for the name-calling.

That wasn't so hard was it? I know you're trying to rebuild your sullied reputation around here but come on.

ReplayRandall
10-03-2017, 12:20 AM
That wasn't so hard was it? I know you're trying to rebuild your sullied reputation around here but come on.

Quite an impressive apology.....I knew you had it in you, Sport..:lol:

FantasticDan
10-03-2017, 12:21 AM
Pounding one's chest about Trump slashing expenses is really quite :lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politics/donald-trump-obama-travel-costs/index.html

Dahoss9698
10-03-2017, 12:25 AM
Quite an impressive apology.....I knew you had it in you, Sport..:lol:

I'm trying to figure out what I should be apologizing for. Asking for a source? Saying he's an angry little guy based on his posts about women?

elysiantraveller
10-03-2017, 12:36 AM
Given how well his agenda's been implemented so far I'm not sure running a skeleton crew is really all that wise... :lol:

Fager Fan
10-03-2017, 12:44 AM

Wrong. Name-calling. Wrong again.

Not to worry. You can pretend you didn't say the above, but everyone here sees that you did.

Dahoss9698
10-03-2017, 12:58 AM
Wrong. Name-calling. Wrong again.

Not to worry. You can pretend you didn't say the above, but everyone here sees that you did.

:lol::lol::lol:

This is why I don't need a gotcha. You're on permanent tilt. I can just imagine how angry you get every time you see me post something. :pound:

rastajenk
10-03-2017, 06:32 AM
Does every thread have to devolve into this kind of drivel? It's got to be hurting the ratings for this msg board.

Nutz and Boltz
10-03-2017, 07:57 AM
Does every thread have to devolve into this kind of drivel? It's got to be hurting the ratings for this msg board.

It's the same 4 or so lefties against the 6 or 7 (plus P. A. Mike) posters on the right. :ThmbDown:The only poster with a level head around here is Clocker. :ThmbUp:

Dahoss9698
10-03-2017, 08:33 AM

Are you implying that people not liking each other and arguing is a new phenomenon around here?

Methinks a lot of you were fine when left leaning folks just took their lumps. Now that we don't some of you just can't take it. Oh well.

rastajenk
10-03-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm not implying anything. I am stating that the level of dialogue has continued to reach new lows the last few weeks.

mostpost
10-03-2017, 03:22 PM

DaHoss asked you for a link backing your claim that Trump has cut expenses at the White House. You responded with a link detailing the differences between how Melania and Michelle have approached being First Lady. Even here Melania does not come off well. She has no advocacy which she identifies with. She has made no public speeches except a few in which she introduced her husband.

Clocker
10-03-2017, 03:27 PM
She has no advocacy which she identifies with. She has made no public speeches except a few in which she introduced her husband.

Wow, I bet a lot of people now are really sorry that they voted for her! :eek:

Fager Fan
10-03-2017, 05:36 PM
DaHoss asked you for a link backing your claim that Trump has cut expenses at the White House. You responded with a link detailing the differences between how Melania and Michelle have approached being First Lady. Even here Melania does not come off well. She has no advocacy which she identifies with. She has made no public speeches except a few in which she introduced her husband.

I responded to him saying the item about Melanie wasn't true. He got lucky that I was willing to Google and find it since I'd shut the window. Even the Stones tell you that you can't always get what you want.

You're going to criticize Melania, who is taking no salary, for being a stay at home mom while her son finished out the school year? MO hired her mom as a well-paid live-in nanny for her girls, at the government's expense of course. The First Lady isn't required to do anything but be the wife to the President if that's what she wants.

Dahoss9698
10-03-2017, 05:46 PM
I responded to him saying the item about Melanie wasn't true. He got lucky that I was willing to Google and find it since I'd shut the window. Even the Stones tell you that you can't always get what you want.

You're going to criticize Melania, who is taking no salary, for being a stay at home mom while her son finished out the school year? MO hired her mom as a well-paid live-in nanny for her girls, at the government's expense of course. The First Lady isn't required to do anything but be the wife to the President if that's what she wants.

I maintain anyone who believes Melania only has 5 people working for her is deranged.

How come no one has addressed Fantastic Dan's post?

fast4522
10-03-2017, 09:54 PM

I maintain anyone who believes Melania only has 5 people working for her is deranged.

How come no one has addressed Fantastic Dan's post?

What a relief it is to not have that woman as first lady (MO), I could not stand her.

I believe Mrs. Melania Trump has more privacy and gets more normalcy without a huge amount of people involved. Her position as a mom seems easier without extra people.

kingfin66
10-03-2017, 10:00 PM
It's the same 4 or so lefties against the 6 or 7 (plus P. A. Mike and especially rastajenk) posters on the right. :ThmbDown:The only poster with a level head around here is Clocker and Nutz and Boltz. :ThmbUp:

:jump::D

Dahoss9698
10-04-2017, 07:46 AM
What a relief it is to not have that woman as first lady (MO), I could not stand her.

I believe Mrs. Melania Trump has more privacy and gets more normalcy without a huge amount of people involved. Her position as a mom seems easier without extra people.

The fact you actually believe that is cute. Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny?

woodtoo
10-04-2017, 09:37 AM
The fact you actually believe that is cute. Do you still believe in the Easter Bunny?

Your like that kid......

Dahoss9698
10-04-2017, 09:56 AM
Your like that kid......

You're

PaceAdvantage
10-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Methinks a lot of you were fine when left leaning folks just took their lumps. Now that we don't some of you just can't take it. Oh well.This is way overblown. The left mixed it up with the right tit for tat...it was never a beat down one way or the other.

Fake News.

And I'm surprised none of you has brought up the fact that Melania was hardly around during the first 5 or so months of the administration, and thus didn't need ANYBODY really to help her, thus keeping costs and staff down.

Those trumpeting this like it's some great thing (Melania vs. Michelle) are, in a word, morons.