PDA

View Full Version : Contest sites

GMB@BP
10-01-2017, 11:16 AM
I have never played in a contest but they seem to be growing in popularity.

I have seen them on DRF and Derby Wars, is there other sites?

Has anyone played in them and can provide any insight to playing them? Are they rigged, fair or unfair, a waste of money.

RunForTheRoses
10-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Horsetourneys and horseplayers.com are the premier sites, same ownership, HP specializes in only BCBC and NHC, HT other contests like Sana Anita Fall Classic, they also have a bunch of cash games.

green80
10-01-2017, 02:31 PM
the takeout is so high you have to be much the best to make money

ReplayRandall
10-01-2017, 02:40 PM
the takeout is so high you have to be much the best to make money

100% wrong.....Tourney takeout is 10-12% max in almost ALL tourneys. In the future Greenie, don't make comments you know nothing of what you're talking about.

Mulerider
10-01-2017, 03:15 PM

Has anyone played in them and can provide any insight to playing them? Are they rigged, fair or unfair, a waste of money.

I now play Horsetourneys.com exclusively. Nothing rigged about them; in fact, in the "pick-and-pray" contests you know which horses your opponents have picked before the first race starts. Just be aware that in the live tournaments there's a lot of game strategy to consider, particularly in the last few races. Definitely not a waste of money...I make more money in contests than I do at the track. It's not uncommon to see winning tournament scores that would have resulted in a loss of money had the hypothetical $2 WP bets been placed live.

Give 'em a try, and good luck!

Mule

GMB@BP
10-01-2017, 03:51 PM
I now play Horsetourneys.com exclusively. Nothing rigged about them; in fact, in the "pick-and-pray" contests you know which horses your opponents have picked before the first race starts. Just be aware that in the live tournaments there's a lot of game strategy to consider, particularly in the last few races. Definitely not a waste of money...I make more money in contests than I do at the track. It's not uncommon to see winning tournament scores that would have resulted in a loss of money had the hypothetical $2 WP bets been placed live.

Give 'em a try, and good luck!

Mule

Thanks, I would never do it blind without a serious study about how they are played, though I can envision some ideas.

horses4courses
10-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Thanks, I would never do it blind without a serious study about how they are played, though I can envision some ideas.

It's much the same as making money betting to win.
Avoid chalk.

Playing contests is about picking winners,
but playing favorites will get you beaten.

Narrow each race down to the contenders.
Select anything at good odds that you believe can win.

You need a fair amount of mid to high priced horses to win contests.

thaskalos
10-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Which is the best "contest site" for me to join...if I want to play strictly heads-up tournaments?

AstrosFan
10-02-2017, 04:04 PM
Which is the best "contest site" for me to join...if I want to play strictly heads-up tournaments?

Heads-up play is 100% derbywars...everytime

I am not giving my tax info for a small ass withdrawal to HT

I've won a $500 contest many times in the same year on DW and off the check went with no issues.

If you win, details below:

Derbywars:
For withdrawals over $600 we require a valid mailing address and social security number in order to file the appropriate tax forms at year end.

Horsetourneys:
Updated taxpayer information is required before a player's first withdrawal will be accepted. If you have not submitted your taxpayer information, you must do so through one of the available submission options. Withdrawal amounts in excess of $600 in a calendar year (net of entry fees, i.e., the total amount won) will be subject to a single 1099-MISC filing with the IRS for the applicable tax year

ReplayRandall
10-02-2017, 04:27 PM
Horsetourneys:
Updated taxpayer information is required before a player's first withdrawal will be accepted. If you have not submitted your taxpayer information, you must do so through one of the available submission options. Withdrawal amounts in excess of $600 in a calendar year (net of entry fees, i.e., the total amount won) will be subject to a single 1099-MISC filing with the IRS for the applicable tax year

If deposits exceed your withdrawals, you think they're sending you a 1099?....Hardly.

AstrosFan
10-02-2017, 04:40 PM
If deposits exceed your withdrawals, you think they're sending you a 1099?....Hardly.

The point is no one should have to provide, nor submit any tax info just to get a single withdrawal under $600

Interesting tidbit on the bottom of the rules page:

Purchase agreements are between the Customer and Old Northeast Limited:
72 High Street
Haslemere Surrey
United Kingdom
GU27 22A

https://horsetourneys.com/rules

ReplayRandall
10-02-2017, 04:44 PM
The point is no one should have to provide, nor submit any tax info just to get a single withdrawal under $600

72 High Street
Haslemere Surrey
United Kingdom
GU27 22A

https://horsetourneys.com/rules

You've never had an offshore account, have you? Trust me, McKay Smith at Horsetourneys is way above par by how he conducts business. I can't say the same for DW and it's lack of transparency.

Afleet
10-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Heads-up play is 100% derbywars...everytime

I am not giving my tax info for a small ass withdrawal to HT

I've won a $500 contest many times in the same year on DW and off the check went with no issues.

If you win, details below:

Derbywars:
For withdrawals over $600 we require a valid mailing address and social security number in order to file the appropriate tax forms at year end.

Horsetourneys:

I received a 1099 from Derbywars last year and usually just played the $600 to $750 purse contests. After Stronach sued them it hasn't been the same, but I still like Derbywars better than HT. Never had a problem getting paid from either site. I just finished second in a SA pool play contest last Sat@HT

Afleet
10-02-2017, 06:59 PM

sign up it is very fun-you won't regret it. I find the live contests more interesting because crazy things can happen on the last race, but pick and pray is probably the best way to go.

RunForTheRoses
10-02-2017, 08:43 PM

You an take a peak here at HT:

https://horsetourneys.com/leaderboard

thaskalos
10-03-2017, 12:57 AM
You an take a peak here at HT:

https://horsetourneys.com/leaderboard

In the heads-up tournament featured in the above link...the winner wagered $32.00 and collected $13.80...during the contest's 8 races. And yet, in spite of his .43 ROI...he walked away with the tournament's $1,500 prize. In my own play...I would have had $15.20 after only 2 races, by selecting a 1/2 choice in the 1st...and a 9/5 choice in the 2nd.

This may be just what I am looking for. :ThmbUp:

Mulerider
10-03-2017, 08:53 AM
In the heads-up tournament featured in the above link...the winner wagered $32.00 and collected $13.80...during the contest's 8 races. And yet, in spite of his .43 ROI...he walked away with the tournament's $1,500 prize. In my own play...I would have had $15.20 after only 2 races, by selecting a 1/2 choice in the 1st...and a 9/5 choice in the 2nd.

This may be just what I am looking for. :ThmbUp:

The results of that MNR card were abnormally chalky, but this scenario happens frequently. It's not usually quite that pronounced, though. If you'll scan the leaderboard regularly you'll see quite a few 8-race tournaments that are won by less than $32, the total of the hypothetical WP bets.

For that particular MNR card, the win mutuel of all 8 races paid a combined $46, for an average of $5.75.

I didn't scan all of the MNR results, but one of the highest winning tournament scores I saw for the same set of races was $47.70. This was in a $9 entry fee "pool-style" pick-and-pray contest with 36 players. The winner received $143.37 for his efforts. He had 6 winners in the 8-race contest.

For perspective, that $47.70 winning score could probably have been matched by one 16/1 shot (w/p).

green80
10-03-2017, 09:41 AM

With derbywars you lay 11 to win 9 in head to head contest, may mot be the take you want to battle. You much be much better than the average opponent to come out ahead overall, and there are some pretty good players on derbywars. ( this take drops a little as your wager size increases)

thaskalos
10-03-2017, 02:31 PM
With derbywars you lay 11 to win 9 in head to head contest, may mot be the take you want to battle. You much be much better than the average opponent to come out ahead overall, and there are some pretty good players on derbywars. ( this take drops a little as your wager size increases)

I looked into a couple of these sites...and your above post isn't accurate. The take doesn't just "drop a little as your wager size increases"...it gets cut to about half. The $100 contest requires a $55 investment...and that's a take of less than 10%. You can't do better than this in a "skill game"...IMO.

GMB@BP
10-03-2017, 03:59 PM
I looked into a couple of these sites...and your above post isn't accurate. The take doesn't just "drop a little as your wager size increases"...it gets cut to about half. The $100 contest requires a $55 investment...and that's a take of less than 10%. You can't do better than this in a "skill game"...IMO.

This is what I noticed as well.

I suppose the difference is the quality of the competition though compared to the general rate of takeout pari-mutually and the cheaper games/higher takeout.

Hope I stated that clearly.

In essence a higher take is ok if I am competing against a 5 year old which would offset having to play against someone like you for a lower take.

I would imagine as price goes up so does competition level.

green80
10-03-2017, 05:39 PM

Look a little closer here, you lay 55 to get $100, not 105 as you would think, so you lay 55 to win 45. Care to refigure the take? Isn't laying 11 to win 9 or 55 to win 45 the same take?

thaskalos
10-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Look a little closer here, you lay 55 to get $100, not 105 as you would think, so you lay 55 to win 45. Care to refigure the take?

The site "takes" $10 out of a $110 pool. What's the take?

green80
10-03-2017, 06:18 PM
around 9.1%. About double what you lay with normal sportsbetting odds on a football game this weekend. 9% is huge on a 50/50 bet. So you need to win around 55% of your tourneys to break even. Can you win 60-65% or more? Most of these guys, when you are playing for higher stakes, are pretty good.

bettwice2
10-03-2017, 06:23 PM

This is McKay at HT. It's a perfectly reasonable policy, and a prudent one, for a few reasons:

(1) The AMOUNT of the withdrawal should never be the impetus for submitting taxpayer information in the case of tournaments. Since a 1099 is required for net withdrawals over $600 (i.e., withdrawals net of deposits) for the calendar year, a player can achieve that without requesting a single withdrawal over $600. If we don't get it when we do, we have to chase you down at the end of the year. The tax rules aren't the same rules as PM. Therefore, we have to have it upfront

(2) It allows us to confirm state residency, which we need to do for compliance purposes

(2) It's a major fraud deterrent. Fraudsters don't usually like to submit W-9 information. This is especially important for us since we offer some deposit types like e-checks and ACH that aren't instantly confirmable.

Any ADW site requires you to submit your SS# upon registration. So we asking for it prior to your first withdrawal can't be onerous.

McKay

bettwice2
10-03-2017, 06:25 PM

72 High Street
Haslemere Surrey
United Kingdom
GU27 22A

One of our credit/debit payment processors is based overseas. So is DW's. This is not at all unusual as most domestic banks that offer processing services don't handle this space anymore. It's completely inconsequential/meaningless to the customer; we're simply required to post that notice. Our business has always been based in the US.

GMB@BP
10-03-2017, 06:27 PM
One question for those that use these sites is there an incentives based on how much you play?

For example with TVG I get free pp's and other rewards, same with DRF bets.

Is there anything with the contest sites?

Dahoss9698
10-03-2017, 06:37 PM
One question for those that use these sites is there an incentives based on how much you play?

For example with TVG I get free pp's and other rewards, same with DRF bets.

Is there anything with the contest sites?

Horsetourneys gives you PPs. Those are the only perks I know of.

If there are others I want them :lol:

green80
10-03-2017, 07:12 PM
This is what I noticed as well.

I suppose the difference is the quality of the competition though compared to the general rate of takeout pari-mutually and the cheaper games/higher takeout.

Hope I stated that clearly.

In essence a higher take is ok if I am competing against a 5 year old which would offset having to play against someone like you for a lower take.

I would imagine as price goes up so does competition level.

A very good point.

thaskalos
10-03-2017, 07:30 PM
around 9.1%. About double what you lay with normal sportsbetting odds on a football game this weekend. 9% is huge on a 50/50 bet. So you need to win around 55% of your tourneys to break even. Can you win 60-65% or more? Most of these guys, when you are playing for higher stakes, are pretty good.

I don't understand. In my prior post, I said that the takeout was less than 10%...and you disagreed. You brought up something about betting $55 to win $45...and you told me to "take a closer look"...and to "refigure" my takeout calculation. Now you agree with me that the takeout is less than 10%...and you are telling me that 9.1% is too much.

Is it that hard to admit that you made a mistake in your first takeout assessment?

green80
10-03-2017, 07:58 PM
I don't understand. In my prior post, I said that the takeout was less than 10%...and you disagreed. You brought up something about betting $55 to win $45...and you told me to "take a closer look"...and to "refigure" my takeout calculation. Now you agree with me that the takeout is less than 10%...and you are telling me that 9.1% is too much.

Is it that hard to admit that you made a mistake in your first takeout assessment?

I stand corrected, you were correct in your takeout figure. Is it a good deal? I guess that depends on what % of the tournaments you can win.

GMB@BP
10-03-2017, 11:37 PM
Such a different mindset handicapping for these tourneys.

There is race at SA Thursday. There is a very very likely winner who will be about 8/5 or so, but tough to bet in any tourney.

The second choice wont be far behind, and does have a solid shot at 2/1.

So how do these horses lose, well the best horse likely gets cooked in a race that it does not look like that should happen. If it does it should set it up for the 2/1 horse but I can poke a few holes in the form of the horse.

If the duel does happen it sets up for two others who are both about 8/1, now its just a matter of picking one of them.

I love coming up with race flow or form scenarios to find longshots, its always been a strength but can be a bit tough on the wallet when you go cold, this gives you a bit of incentive to be creative.

GMB@BP
10-04-2017, 11:07 PM
So I guessed I missed this but DerbyWars does not have Santa Anita or any other Stronarch tracks?

Is this a case where your ADW supports only certain tracks like the old days?

Mulerider
10-04-2017, 11:32 PM
So I guessed I missed this but DerbyWars does not have Santa Anita or any other Stronarch tracks?

Is this a case where your ADW supports only certain tracks like the old days?

I believe Derby Wars and HorseTourneys are now only using tracks with which they've negotiated a fee structure for the use of the track's product...and this was done only after Derby Wars lost the lawsuit that Stronach initiated against it. You can play Santa Anita on HT.

green80
10-05-2017, 05:39 PM
tried my hand at it, some of these guys are good. Someone may want to correct me on this, but it looks like with Derbywars, if you can win 60% of your head to head tournaments, you can make about 9% on your money.

tanner12oz
10-14-2017, 08:33 AM
I haven't been able to crack the code on these yet. Can't figure out if the key is picking winners, picking prices or what. Been playing middle of the board type shots with little success.

GMB@BP
10-14-2017, 06:47 PM
I haven't been able to crack the code on these yet. Can't figure out if the key is picking winners, picking prices or what. Been playing middle of the board type shots with little success.

I am 2-1 and heading for a loss today (guy picked the first 4 winners at SA), though I got two bombs left.

It does seem tough, in head 2 head pick and pray I think the key is winners. I lost my first contest with 1 middle priced horse win to a guy who picked likely horses and had 3 winners to edge me.

Its great to have some longshots and obviously the larger the field the more likely prices you are going to need...small fields, winners is all i am thinking from here on out.

My handicapping has been trash, so trash lately its making me think about quitting and just watching the sport for fun again.

Parkview_Pirate
10-16-2017, 09:29 PM
Just was notified today that as a Washington State resident, I can no longer play the contests at Horse Tourneys and Horse Players. Washington residents were already restricted to deposit only accounts, which wasn't that big a deal for me, as I've been mostly playing in the NHC feeders and qualifiers.

I went through this kinda crap back in Illinois, so now I've got another state to boycott their racing, as it's the Washington State Racing Commission lowering the boom. So, I'll be inclined to cut way back on my ADW wagering as well, and heading across the river to Portland Meadows for any significant wagering (like Breeders Cup).

No EMD4ME......<sigh....>

Si2see
10-19-2017, 11:45 AM
A little late to the party here but I will vouch 110% for Horse Tourneys.

I have been to Las Vegas 12 times since March 2014.

8 of the 12 trips I have at least won the entry fee for the Vegas tournament via HT, and several times the entire trip was paid for via qualifying on HT.

Play with confidence, what you see is what you get :ThmbUp:

Jason

GMB@BP
10-19-2017, 08:37 PM

8 of the 12 trips I have at least won the entry fee for the Vegas tournament via HT, and several times the entire trip was paid for via qualifying on HT.

Jason

I will have to check it out, Vegas is super easy for me.

so far I am 4-2 but most have been head to head pick and pray style which probably wont work long term.

kingfin66
10-20-2017, 12:41 AM

Jason

I don't know if there are any fellow Washingtonians here at PaceAdvantage, but if there are please note that we are O-U-T at Horse Tourneys. It seems that our state's AG has leaned on McKay Smith in a bad way and the result is that Washington players can no longer participate in HT contests. It's really a bummer because I really enjoy playing in the contests. Much more so than wagering these days.:(

sammy the sage
10-20-2017, 07:24 AM
this was/is a good thread:ThmbUp:

Si2see
10-20-2017, 12:08 PM
I will have to check it out, Vegas is super easy for me.

so far I am 4-2 but most have been head to head pick and pray style which probably wont work long term.

Without trying to sound like an A-hole I don't waste time with the head to head games, that is way too much of a grinding it out style for me.

If you have the time during the week days ( which I don't unfortunately ), use that same buy in money to play in as many cheap qualifiers for the high buy in weekend games, basically Chris Moneymaker style back in the poker days.

I normally just buy in to the weekend game directly for whatever tournament I am trying to qualify for ( typically the next on the schedule that I can make it to )

Like I mentioned before if you qualify for an entry rest assured everything is handled when you walk up to register at the live event. Horse tourneys takes care of all of that for you, and normally the hotel staff will even email you to let you know about discounted rates during the tournament if you don't have comps to take care of it.

Also speaking of comps and the live vegas tournaments themselves, they make their money on the handle wagered through their windows during that weekend. That is why some of the future Boyd Gaming tournaments are in jeopardy because even with participation being down, that hurts them more because money through the windows is down also. Keep in mind when you play through their tellers always make sure to have them swipe your card with each and every wager. Typically when I stayed at the hotel the tournament was being held I always got at least Saturday night comped because of my action, sometimes 2 or 3 days comped.

Good luck let me know if you have any questions.
Jason

Afleet
10-20-2017, 10:05 PM
surprised there was no Remington contest tonight-guess there is no demand

GMB@BP
10-21-2017, 11:26 AM
Without trying to sound like an A-hole I don't waste time with the head to head games, that is way too much of a grinding it out style for me.

If you have the time during the week days ( which I don't unfortunately ), use that same buy in money to play in as many cheap qualifiers for the high buy in weekend games, basically Chris Moneymaker style back in the poker days.

I normally just buy in to the weekend game directly for whatever tournament I am trying to qualify for ( typically the next on the schedule that I can make it to )

Like I mentioned before if you qualify for an entry rest assured everything is handled when you walk up to register at the live event. Horse tourneys takes care of all of that for you, and normally the hotel staff will even email you to let you know about discounted rates during the tournament if you don't have comps to take care of it.

Also speaking of comps and the live vegas tournaments themselves, they make their money on the handle wagered through their windows during that weekend. That is why some of the future Boyd Gaming tournaments are in jeopardy because even with participation being down, that hurts them more because money through the windows is down also. Keep in mind when you play through their tellers always make sure to have them swipe your card with each and every wager. Typically when I stayed at the hotel the tournament was being held I always got at least Saturday night comped because of my action, sometimes 2 or 3 days comped.

Good luck let me know if you have any questions.
Jason

Thanks, your not sounding like an a##

Yea, I ran the numbers on the head to heads and to make money you have to win at a pretty high percentage at low yields.

I jut want to get a feel for things before taking on bigger fish.

Afleet
10-21-2017, 06:22 PM
2017-10-21 02:13 PM NEW: $750 GAME TOP 3 SPLIT* (WPS) KEE Last 8
2nd - $68.00
$180.00

yeah I won; it was nip and tuck all the way to the end. I like these top 3 split contests. Don't have to win, just finish in top 3. Contest didn't fill completely so $180 instead of $250.00

very tight finish
1$ tcat(1) 5 68.20
2$ afleet(1) 5 68.00
3$ palletman17(1) 5 64.30
4jj529ko(1) 7 56.80
5amxxv25(1) 5 56.10
6breadline(1) 3 55.80
7saratoga1(1) 3 48.40
8zeezee(1) 11 32.60
9medicor1(1) 7 32.40
10maximus(1) 2 29.70

GMB@BP
10-21-2017, 06:40 PM
2017-10-21 02:13 PM NEW: $750 GAME TOP 3 SPLIT* (WPS) KEE Last 8
2nd - $68.00
$180.00

yeah I won; it was nip and tuck all the way to the end. I like these top 3 split contests. Don't have to win, just finish in top 3. Contest didn't fill completely so $180 instead of $250.00

very tight finish
1$ tcat(1) 5 68.20
2$ afleet(1) 5 68.00
3$ palletman17(1) 5 64.30
4jj529ko(1) 7 56.80
5amxxv25(1) 5 56.10
6breadline(1) 3 55.80
7saratoga1(1) 3 48.40
8zeezee(1) 11 32.60
9medicor1(1) 7 32.40
10maximus(1) 2 29.70

Hey man congrats!!!!

What was the entry in that one? 22?

Afleet
10-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Hey man congrats!!!!

What was the entry in that one? 22?

thanks, $34

oughtoh
10-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Congrats on your 2nd lace. What site was this through.

Afleet
10-22-2017, 07:31 PM
Congrats on your 2nd lace. What site was this through.

Derbywars

soupman2
11-03-2017, 07:16 PM
After reading this thread I played my first contest on Derby Wars. Been signed up for about a year but never played. Won my first contest ($9.50 entry 13 players). I think just having to focus on who is going to win worked for me. I've been in a pretty bad slump. Then again, not doing so hot on the BC races today.

Bob

GMB@BP
11-03-2017, 07:55 PM
After reading this thread I played my first contest on Derby Wars. Been signed up for about a year but never played. Won my first contest ($9.50 entry 13 players). I think just having to focus on who is going to win worked for me. I've been in a pretty bad slump. Then again, not doing so hot on the BC races today.

Bob

Hey Bob thats great man...I have been getting killed pari mutual wise, I think I am going to stick to the contests with the occasional regular bet.

Congrats on the win

GMB@BP
11-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Ugh...finished 3rd in a 10 man contest today, by 4bucks from second and 9 dollars out of first.

I believe the contest sites suite my handicapping and will continue with them.

Si2see
11-08-2017, 10:17 AM
Like normal I am taking off from breeders cup until gulfstream opening weekend.

I am going to play the $87 Horse Player World Series qualifier once a week from Dec 2nd until the Tournament in March.

My ultimate goal is to win 3 entries. ( Truthfully the hardest part about it is winning the 1st one )

Winning Entry 1. I will play, I will also go and play even if I don't qualify because by March I will desperately need a vacation

Winning Entry 2. I will cash in for the $1500, that would allow the ENTIRE trip to be paid for

Winning Entry 3. I would play this as my second entry in the contest.

Last year I won 2 of the 3 I was trying for but decided to play both. I was pretty cold over the two days and finished midpack or worse with both. In 2015 I believe it was, my best finish at the world series 29th place. The funny story about that is I was actually in 11th going into the final day, but being a younger guy alive for a LIFE CHANGING amount of money, I didn't sleep all night and made terrible decisions the next day in the tournament.

I have learned from that mistake and my best advice ( one I took to heart at the sam's town tournament in 2016 when I had both entries in the top 30 going into the final day and finished 5th overall ) is if you are in contention, don't overload the handicapping, and don't stay up partying all night, what you need to do is go walk the strip, your hotel, or wherever you prefer for a few hours then call it a night, you will sleep all through the night and wake up fresh

Good luck everyone, keep firing, If this thread is still going I will post my results each week.

Jason

kdavis7837
11-08-2017, 02:06 PM
I don't know if there are any fellow Washingtonians here at PaceAdvantage, but if there are please note that we are O-U-T at Horse Tourneys. It seems that our state's AG has leaned on McKay Smith in a bad way and the result is that Washington players can no longer participate in HT contests. It's really a bummer because I really enjoy playing in the contests. Much more so than wagering these days.:(

Found out today after confirming entrys, kept getting age restriction, got that one beat 3 times at least, called DRF and was told that we are locked out of DRF tournys as well after participating in them forever, played 3 last month
Marijuana is legal, state wants state run heroin injection sites but don't you dare participate in a horse racing tournament as it is a class C misdemeanor in this state and a democrat weeps with every on line bet
So glad Democrats took over all 3 body's of the state government last night, maybe if I can prove I am underprivileged or somehow this is racially motivated they might be the first on the bus to repeal this weird law, otherwise they will not even look at it as proven in 2008 and 2012 , came up but ignored, if not for job and pending retirement I would be so out of here!

GMB@BP
11-08-2017, 11:51 PM
Found out today after confirming entrys, kept getting age restriction, got that one beat 3 times at least, called DRF and was told that we are locked out of DRF tournys as well after participating in them forever, played 3 last month
Marijuana is legal, state wants state run heroin injection sites but don't you dare participate in a horse racing tournament as it is a class C misdemeanor in this state and a democrat weeps with every on line bet
So glad Democrats took over all 3 body's of the state government last night, maybe if I can prove I am underprivileged or somehow this is racially motivated they might be the first on the bus to repeal this weird law, otherwise they will not even look at it as proven in 2008 and 2012 , came up but ignored, if not for job and pending retirement I would be so out of here!

ha misdemeanor...it was a class 6 felony here in Arizona till a year or so ago, 1-3 years in jail with mandatory time...for each count.

But ya man, feel your pain. Its silly how gambling is viewed in this country, why people care what you do with your own money. Your right, I think think drugs are probably viewed better than gambling.

Afleet
11-11-2017, 11:57 PM
won a horse tourneys contest and my handicapping was terrible@LRL. Sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time.

Saturday, Nov. 11
LAUREL - WINNER TAKE ALL - Runs with 3 - Capped $250 - P&P

Player Earnings
*Laurel Park #4
*Laurel Park #5
*Laurel Park #6
*Laurel Park #7
*Laurel Park #8
*Laurel Park #9
*Laurel Park #10
*Laurel Park #11

1. Paul xxxx - Entry 1 $30.60 451813312
DETAILS
2. Dxxx xxxx - Entry 1 $26.20 1442464138
DETAILS
3. J xxxxx - Entry 1 $17.00 14859410137
DETAILS
4. Mxxx xxxx- Entry 1 $11.60 484133557
DETAILS
5. Hxxxx xxxx - Entry 1 $11.20

GMB@BP
02-03-2018, 11:30 PM
I had a follow up question for those who may know:

Do most of the tournaments I see, the bigger ones, at say GP, LRL, Saratoga, SA, etc require you to be on site or is there an option to play offsite?

The tourneys have been working out well for me (knock on wood) and was thinking about playing more feeders into bigger tourneys but traveling around the country is a bit of a stretch (unless its paid for).

Thanks.

Si2see
02-07-2018, 11:50 AM
I had a follow up question for those who may know:

Do most of the tournaments I see, the bigger ones, at say GP, LRL, Saratoga, SA, etc require you to be on site or is there an option to play offsite?

The tourneys have been working out well for me (knock on wood) and was thinking about playing more feeders into bigger tourneys but traveling around the country is a bit of a stretch (unless its paid for).

Thanks.

Most require you to be there ( which to be honest is the most fun anyway )

The only two that I am aware of that you can participate online, that are actually brick and mortar contests would be the BCBC ( 10k buy in, $7500 live bankroll, $2500 entry fee ), and the first ever PWC tournament two weeks ago ( 12k buy in, all contest bankroll, plus an additional $1000 entry fee if playing online )

Si2see
02-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Update on my own progress, the live contest season is officially going to start for me at Laurel March 3rd for the Champions tournament ( which is a fantastic live bankroll tournament with a very player friendly $300 buy in )

Followed by the Horse player world series at The Orleans in vegas.
Picsix and myself will be there and probably buy an entry each. He hasn't tried to qualify at all, I have tried 8 times. Twice I got my money back due to breakage ( just missing entries a few spots away ), and once I had the unlucky position of being in the lead with a $54 bankroll after only 4 of 12 races, and the site crashed for only the second time in it's existence, so all entries were refunded.

Then I will go to the Spring Challenge at Keeneland in mid april, that is a $400 buy in live bankroll contest. If I have any luck at any of these three I will buy in sunday to the Keeneland grade one gamble, if not it is too rich for my blood.

Don't forget there are several good online contests coming up, and Xpressbet has the Beat The Host contest going on now, BTH championship is March 3rd, followed by the $200 Xpressbet Live contest March 17th, followed by the $700 Xpressbet Showdown April 7th.

Tons of upcoming action in the next 3 months. That is my schedule.

Anyone who has any questions about any of the mentioned tournaments feel free to pm me.

Jason

GMB@BP
02-07-2018, 07:48 PM
lead with a $54 bankroll after only 4 of 12 races, and the site crashed for only the second time in it's existence, so all entries were refunded.

Wow that sucks, I was on that day in a live contest and think it was like 30 min before my first race. crazy.

good luck.

big frank
03-04-2018, 10:23 PM
if you make 5 withdrawls in a year of 400 bucks each time ,, do you pay taxes on the 2,000 dollars ? I guess you probaly have to.......if you don't withdraw at all do they report your winnings to irs at end of year like otb would ? ?? I love horsetourneys and havent requested a payout yet......... Is there any way around the tax issue if you take a few small payouts a year ??? Thanks

depalma113
03-05-2018, 06:09 AM
if you make 5 withdrawls in a year of 400 bucks each time ,, do you pay taxes on the 2,000 dollars ? I guess you probaly have to.......if you don't withdraw at all do they report your winnings to irs at end of year like otb would ? ?? I love horsetourneys and havent requested a payout yet......... Is there any way around the tax issue if you take a few small payouts a year ??? Thanks

You pay taxes on what you earn, not what you withdraw.

big frank
03-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Thanks , i thought so .. So i guess they report to the irs your earnings for the year no matter what.............

Trackyourplays
03-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Derby Wars counts win, place and show in their contests, and Horsetourneys count only win and place

Afleet
07-29-2018, 10:37 PM
Had a bad day saturday at the track and was bored so handicapped on the the fly a Saratoga contest today. Hung on for 3rd but it was a top 3 split so its like winning:)

Surprised they can't completely fill a contest for Saratoga. Where did everybody go? Purse $450 instead of $750 due to lack of entries.

1$ shamin2nd(1) 5 82.10
2$ hockey2817(1) 10 77.50
3$ afleet(1) 10 63.10
4lucky512(1) 8 55.50
5maximus(1) 7 44.30
6trimp(1) 7 44.00
7daqboy43(1) 8 40.90
8jazkk(1) 5 37.50
9silvercharm1(1) 12 23.50
10celtics142(1) 10 19.00
11buddy(1) 1 14.90
12tcat(1) 9 13.60
13colodreamer(1) 2 9.50
14febb61(1) 7 7.60
15meangreen91(1) 8 3.20 close

GAME RULES FOR NEW: $750 GAME TOP 3 SPLIT* (WPS) SAR Last 8
*Based on 25 entries
Game Type: Bullet
Each player selects one horse per race. Scoring is based on track payouts.
Bet Type: $2 Win-Place-Show
Caps: Payoffs are capped at $32 to win, $18 to place, $10 to show
- All races close at about 1 minute to post.

Minimum entries for tournament: 11
Maximum entries for tournament: 25
Max entries per player: 3
DerbyWars Point Bonuses:
Player's bonus = 25 points

Afleet
07-29-2018, 10:40 PM
Jul 28
FEATURED (SATURDAY) - NHC Tour Free Contest - PICK & PRAY - Must be 2018 NHC Tour Member
816th of 1867

no so good on this one. Score Total: $30.70

at least 167 players w/@0.00

64 Matt Bernier - Entry 1 $76.40

GMB@BP
07-29-2018, 10:43 PM
I find less action in the cash games than in the feeders and qualifiers, head 2 head.

I was in a qualifier that had 44 people on Saturday. (finished fourth, just missed going to vegas).