PDA

View Full Version : Enable. Simply the best.

spiketoo
10-01-2017, 10:21 AM
3YO filly has 'another cracking run' against a field of 17 in the Arc. Really good field (did I say it was a FULL field) tho some did stay away due to softer turf.

Goodsen just said it would be too much for her to come to the BC tho that was expected. 6 for 7 since April. Taking the rest of the year off and 'should' be back next year. Can't wait.

Oh and 5 Arcs for Frankie too.

Well done!

cj
10-01-2017, 10:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSEJB0tr0_w&pbjreload=10

GMB@BP
10-01-2017, 11:04 AM
I am sure she is great because beating older horse like that is not easy....

but is it me or does the EU have some kind of super horse just about every year?

Fager Fan
10-01-2017, 11:58 AM
I am sure she is great because beating older horse like that is not easy....

but is it me or does the EU have some kind of super horse just about every year?

It's fairly common for 3yo fillies to win this race (along with other top open races on turf). That tells us one of two things:

Our 3yo fillies should have as easy of a time winning the BCC and similar races, but we just don't give them the opportunity, or

The pace and surface, along with a large weight break, is an equalizer.

I think it's the latter, and that it takes a lot more physical strength to do the same on dirt.

I don't think the heralded European stars are any better than our American stars. We're just tougher on ours rather than having nothing but gushing and glowing reviews and words.

Dahoss9698
10-01-2017, 12:16 PM
She's great. Always nice to see connections seek out the best competition and not just try and pad a resume.

American owners and trainers could learn a thing or two from what they do in Europe.

cj
10-01-2017, 12:17 PM
She's great. Always nice to see connections seek out the best competition and not just try and pad a resume.

American owners and trainers could learn a thing or two from what they do in Europe.

Less options over there, and an actual off season. I wish we had both.

Dahoss9698
10-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Less options over there, and an actual off season. I wish we had both.

True but a lot of Europeans have been going to Dubai in the winter.

cj
10-01-2017, 12:22 PM
True but a lot of Europeans have been going to Dubai in the winter.

Good point.

Fager Fan
10-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Good point.

True? They never send their best to the DWC.

If someone thinks it's such a great idea with American dirt fillies, I welcome them to buy a few fillies and prove it.

cj
10-01-2017, 01:12 PM
True? They never send their best to the DWC.

If someone thinks it's such a great idea with American dirt fillies, I welcome them to buy a few fillies and prove it.

Who said it was a good idea? I'm sure some could compete on turf, but dirt? Of course not.

Fager Fan
10-01-2017, 01:16 PM

Him.

Dahoss9698
10-01-2017, 02:05 PM
Him.

Let's not do this again, k? You have a real bad habit of not reading what people write and put your own spin on it. At no point did I say anything about sending fillies for the DWC.

In fact I never even mentioned the DWC. I very simply said some Europeans have been going to Dubai for the winter, so they aren't taking the normal break like usual.

I also said American owners and trainers could learn from what they do with fillies in Europe by seeking out the best competition for their best fillies....instead of what a lot of connections do here which is the opposite.

Look at the fields for the Beldame and Zenyatta yesterday.

RacingFan1992
10-01-2017, 06:21 PM
The last 4 of 5 winners were 3/4 year old fillies. Gee if this continues on the same way they might make it a win and youre in for the Breeders Cup Filly and Mares Turf Sprint. (Sarcasm) Had the owner of Enable been American she would be running in a 1 1/16 mile on turf with fillies and mares. Good to see her connection races her in 12 furlong turf races in open company. United States should take notice.

horses4courses
10-01-2017, 07:38 PM
While John Gosden predictably indicated the a trip to Del Mar is unlikely,
he hinted that there is a chance that she will race next year.

The prime objective would be repeating in the Arc.
Longchamp will be open again by then.

Hard to rank her, but she has beaten plenty of good horses this year,
and she has done it repeatedly with ease.
No doubt, she's a special filly :ThmbUp:

Afleet
10-01-2017, 07:54 PM
What a brilliant run. Only complaint is why did Dettori hit her 3-4 times w/the whip? The last one or two were not needed IMHO

ronsmac
10-01-2017, 08:19 PM
What a brilliant run. Only complaint is why did Dettori hit her 3-4 times w/the whip? The last one or two were not needed IMHOThe purse was 6 mil. He was taking no chances. She'll be ok. Throughbreds are used to getting whipped.

CincyHorseplayer
10-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Other than what has been mentioned what is amazing about this filly is she has been winning by big open lengths all year. Not easy on turf. On a side note Chantilly is a very beautiful place.

classhandicapper
10-04-2017, 03:48 PM
It's fairly common for 3yo fillies to win this race (along with other top open races on turf). That tells us one of two things:

Our 3yo fillies should have as easy of a time winning the BCC and similar races, but we just don't give them the opportunity, or

The pace and surface, along with a large weight break, is an equalizer.

I think it's the latter, and that it takes a lot more physical strength to do the same on dirt.

I don't think the heralded European stars are any better than our American stars. We're just tougher on ours rather than having nothing but gushing and glowing reviews and words.

Another possibility is that some of the very best males retire before they reach their peak at 4 or 5. It's probably multiple factors, pace, surface, weight concession, and some retirements. No doubt though this one is VERY good.

cj
10-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Another possibility is that some of the very best males retire before they reach their peak at 4 or 5. It's probably multiple factors.

We sure have been seeing that here in the US lately with several older horses sticking around and running huge races.

gm10
10-06-2017, 04:51 AM
Another possibility is that some of the very best males retire before they reach their peak at 4 or 5. It's probably multiple factors, pace, surface, weight concession, and some retirements. No doubt though this one is VERY good.

She's very good, but the weight concession definitely helps. Some of these fillies are fully mature as a 3yo, but still get a 6 lbs weight allowance on top of the 4 lbs gender allowance. Over 12 furlongs that's about 8 lengths.

spiketoo
10-06-2017, 08:10 AM
She's very good, but the weight concession definitely helps. Some of these fillies are fully mature as a 3yo, but still get a 6 lbs weight allowance on top of the 4 lbs gender allowance. Over 12 furlongs that's about 8 lengths.

They may be able to reproduce, but I wouldn't say any horse is fully matured at 3YO.

gm10
10-06-2017, 12:53 PM
They may be able to reproduce, but I wouldn't say any horse is fully matured at 3YO.

Perhaps not, no. An early foal who matures early, like Enable, is still at a big advantage, though. Having said that, she's obviously very good, and a race isn't run according to a formula. She might win again next year.

horses4courses
10-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Good news - Enable will race as a 4 year old :ThmbUp:

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/enable-races-on-into-2018/113249

https://www.sportinglife.com/images/news/900x506/e29c7eff-9d9f-4f3b-8314-efbaecd2241f.jpg