PDA

View Full Version : Tom Price out at HHS

Clocker
09-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Price resigned today.

HHS Secretary Tom Price resigned Friday in the face of multiple federal inquiries and growing criticism of his use of private and government planes for travel, at a cost to taxpayers of more than $1 million since May.

The White House said the former seven-term Georgia congressman, 63, offered his resignation earlier in the day and that President Donald Trump had accepted it.

Price becomes the first Trump administration Cabinet secretary to step down. The White House said Trump asked Deputy Assistant Health Secretary Don Wright to serve as acting secretary of the agency, which has an annual budget $1.15 trillion and includes the Medicare and Medicaid programs, as well as the FDA, NIH and CDC.

As late as Thursday, Price said he believed he had the president’s support. But the tumult surrounding his travel became another distraction for an administration already reeling from the defeat of repeated Senate efforts to repeal Obamacare and facing criticism for its hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/29/price-has-resigned-as-health-and-human-services-secretary-243315

chadk66
09-29-2017, 06:46 PM
good. get rid of the typical DC moooch bag

incoming
09-30-2017, 04:47 AM
Dr. Tom Price was a third generation doctor before he became a politician. When President Trump appointed him as secretary for HHS I was elated even though I considered him a member of the swamp. He had helped author many of the replacement bills for ObamaCare that died in the Senate during the Obama administration. I thought he would be a perfect liaison to help push repeal legislation thru Congress. I was wrong, he failed miserably.

Maybe, Dr. Ben Carson could recommend a more qualified person or change positions from HUD. :popcorn:

chadk66
09-30-2017, 08:33 AM
many people (most in D.C.) aren't what they seem to be. At least Trump is willing to fire their asses and move on. Most politicians would have just continued to sweep crap like this under the rug and continued with the status quo.

Clocker
09-30-2017, 10:05 AM
I thought he would be a perfect liaison to help push repeal legislation thru Congress. I was wrong, he failed miserably.

Maybe, Dr. Ben Carson could recommend a more qualified person or change positions from HUD. :popcorn:

Price also failed at using the power of his position to make rule changes to ObamaCare. Obama's Secy of HHS, Kathleen Sebelius, had no medical experience but was highly effective in getting ObamaCare implemented. If Price was half as effective, ObamaCare could have been at least partially gutted by now.

Medical experience might help in that position, but managerial ability and effectiveness are much more important. No matter his method of travel, it appears that Price spent too much time on the road and not enough time doing his job.

Greyfox
09-30-2017, 10:49 AM
Price was dead wood and had to be chopped out. Very impotent.

Tom
09-30-2017, 11:24 AM
When you cheat the taxpayers, you have to be prepared to pay the "price." :lol:

1 down, 34 kazillion to go.
Man, this is one freaking DEEP swamp.