PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: Friday, September 29

Teach
09-29-2017, 08:31 AM
Good Morning from chilly Beantown. Out here in 'the burbs' the temperature dropped early this morning to the upper 40s. What is it that Mark Twain (he was from Hartford) said about New England weather? "If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a few minutes."

My BoSox are swooning as they seek to win the A.L. East title. As I watched the Red Sox get pummeled by a very good team, the Houston Astros, I took heart that "The Pinstripes" blew an early lead and lost to Tampa Bay. The magic number is 1 with three games to play. Leave it to the 'Bright Hose' to back-door their way to the A.L. title. Frankly, I don't hold out too much hope in the playoffs. With the exception of David Price and some of the relievers, the Red Sox hurlers have fallen flat on their faces. David Ortiz, where are you?

I would like to congratulate "Double-A," Angel Arroyo, on winning the opener yesterday aboard Pico Chick, thus recording his 1,000th career win. Felicitaciones!

I'll be back later with my picks for today's card.

Teach
09-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Senor Castellano: Hombre, cuando estás caliente (http://context.reverso.net/translation/spanish-english/cuando+est%C3%A1s+caliente), estás caliente.

Race One:

:7:, :5:, :6:, :3:

Race Two:

:7:, :5:, :4:, :6:

Race Three:

:2:, :5:, :3:, :4:

Race Four:

:2:, :3:, :7:, :1:

Race Five:

:2:, :3:, :1:, :5:

Race Six:

:10:, :2:, :1:, :6: