PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo You

Overlay
09-29-2017, 12:34 AM
Tattoos (http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/this-type-of-man-is-most-popular-with-women/ar-AAsArXU?li=BBnb7Kz)

In a survey on the Type dating app, 64% of women indicated that they want the men they date to have a tattoo.

Here in Oklahoma, that would probably be out of a desire for gender equality. I've seen more women with tattoos here than in any other place I've lived.

garyscpa
09-29-2017, 07:18 AM
Shorty's Bar and Grill- Fine Dining- Albuquerque, New Mexico

Marshall Bennett
09-29-2017, 08:50 AM
When I see tattoos on a women I don't need to look any further. :eek:

classhandicapper
09-29-2017, 08:58 AM

A small feminine one on the back of the shoulder or something like that is OK with me, but I've seen some incredibly beautiful women with tattoos all over and I want to cry. It's like throwing paint on the work of Michelangelo.

elysiantraveller
09-29-2017, 09:03 AM
Its a matter of personal preference obviously and I have a large one on my back and a half sleeve with plans for another but on a woman:

:ThmbUp::
Back
Side Torso/hip
Foot
Wrist area

:ThmbDown::
Legs
Sleeves
Shoulders
ANYWHERE on the front torso.

Also not a fan of color but mine are all black so... I guess that's a personal thing too. I've never dated a girl that doesn't like them both before and after I got mine especially if they have some sort of story or reasoning behind what you got. Tribal stuff, Kanji, and other cliche stuff is actually a turn-off for them though.

Fager Fan
09-29-2017, 09:20 AM
A small tattoo on a woman of something meaningful like their child's name is ok. A tattoo on the biceps of a man is ok. More than that, and I think it's unattractive. Another vote here against colored tattoos. The idea that they're "art" is one that I shake my head at. Rembrandt they're not.

Tattoos around the neck and face are cringeworthy. Awful.

wisconsin
09-29-2017, 09:56 AM
Shorty's Bar and Grill- Fine Dining- Albuquerque, New Mexico

Many won't get this inside joke :D

barahona44
09-29-2017, 12:17 PM
A small tattoo on a woman of something meaningful like their child's name is ok. A tattoo on the biceps of a man is ok. More than that, and I think it's unattractive. Another vote here against colored tattoos. The idea that they're "art" is one that I shake my head at. Rembrandt they're not.

Tattoos around the neck and face are cringeworthy. Awful.

Ah yes, the always popular tatooed tears falling from the eyes.

The wife is the most anti-tattoo person I have ever met.When I joke about getting one, she tells me the only one she will accept is on the little guy below the waist.

Think I'll pass. :)

classhandicapper
09-29-2017, 01:56 PM
The wife is the most anti-tattoo person I have ever met.When I joke about getting one, she tells me the only one she will accept is on the little guy below the waist.

Think I'll pass. :)

That reminds me of the joke I heard as a kid. Tiny and Ticonderoga NY

ronsmac
09-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Where I live, I'm in shock when I see a woman under 35 with no tattoos.

zico20
09-29-2017, 10:24 PM

Agreed, I have no tattoos and I find them disgusting on women.

barahona44
09-29-2017, 10:52 PM
That reminds me of the joke I heard as a kid. Tiny and Ticonderoga NY

If you want to use that joke in a horse racing context, you can substitute Tioga Downs NY for Ticonderoga. :)

JustRalph
09-30-2017, 12:16 AM
Agreed, I have no tattoos and I find them disgusting on women.

2nd the motion........

Zaf
09-30-2017, 12:17 AM

Yep, I agree. Big turn off for me.

Z

elysiantraveller
09-30-2017, 11:47 AM
I don't think any guy really "likes" them. The majority of the time I think it's something women for themselves or to appeal to the same sex that guys don't really care about.

"Yeah, I was gonna sleep with her... but man... she really needs a pedicure first." - No Guy Ever

Tom
09-30-2017, 11:54 AM

If you do, you might find more....better ones! :cool:

Zaf
09-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Smoking is equally offensive. If i see one with tats and firing up a heater :puke:

Z

Tom
10-01-2017, 09:03 AM
I did a double take on that one, Zaf!:eek:
Caught me before my morning West Rock.

DSB
10-01-2017, 09:05 AM
My dad had a couple of beauts on the inside of his forarms. A pair of naked women holding open capes to divulge their nakedness. My guess was they were put on sometime in the 20s.They were faded but there was no mistake about what they were.

Sometime in the late 60s he told me, "See these tattoos? Don't ever get one. Do you know how many times I've looked as these damned things and wished they weren't there?"

It may be the only piece of advice I ever took from my dad. I considered getting a color tattoo of Secretariat on my bicep in '73, but never pulled the trigger. I remembered what my dad had told me and didn't want to be in the same position 20 or 30 years down the road. So, I have no tattoos of any kind.

As far as females having tattoos, I prefer those who have none, but can stand a small one on the shoulder, ankle, or wrist or in the small of the back. When I see a woman who has gone overboard with tatts I am immediately turned off.

When women first started getting good sized tattoos in the small of the back, I said this to a friend of mine: "That barmaid is pretty nice looking but she has a really big slut badge on her back."

He looked at me and said, "You mean tramp stamp?"

"Yeah.. I guess that's what I meant."

Marshall Bennett
10-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Good post. Also, I've never understood the logic in multiple tattoos. The purpose of a tattoo is to have others see it and possibly admire it. If a pretty woman walks by with a dozen tattoos on her arms and legs, not only do you miss nearly all of them, but you really don't see much of her either. :confused:

Dahoss9698
10-01-2017, 12:28 PM
Good post. Also, I've never understood the logic in multiple tattoos. The purpose of a tattoo is to have others see it and possibly admire it. If a pretty woman walks by with a dozen tattoos on her arms and legs, not only do you miss nearly all of them, but you really don't see much of her either. :confused:

There are many reasons people get tattoos. It's not just to have others see it and admire it.

People get tattoos to commemorate special occasions, pay tribute to things, etc.

Marshall Bennett
10-01-2017, 03:49 PM
There are many reasons people get tattoos. It's not just to have others see it and admire it.

People get tattoos to commemorate special occasions, pay tribute to things, etc.
What, so they don't forget?

RunForTheRoses
10-01-2017, 04:11 PM
A woman walks into a tattoo parlor... "Do you do
custom work?" she asks the artist.

"Why of course!" says the tattoo artist.

"Good," she says. "I'd like a portrait of Robert
Redford on the inside of my right thigh, and a
portrait of Paul Newman on the inside of my
left thigh. And I want them both looking at
my tootie."

"No problem," says the artist. "Strip from the waist
down and get up on the table." After two hours of
hard work, the artist finishes.

The woman sits up and examines the tattoos.
"That doesn't look like them!" she complains
loudly.

"Oh yes it does," the artist says indignantly, "and I
can prove it." With that, he runs out of the shop
and grabs the first man off the street he can find;
it happens to be the town drunk.

"Well, what do you think?" the woman asks,
]spreading her legs apart for the drunk man. "Do
you know who these men are?" The drunk studys
the tattoos for a couple of seconds and says, "I'm
not sure who the guys on either side are, but the
fellow in the middle is definitely Willie Nelson!"

Tom
10-01-2017, 06:23 PM
My favorite tattoo - "No Regerts":lol:

kingfin66
10-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Geez Overlay, I thought this thread was going to be about the Rolling Stones album.

Zaf
10-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Geez Overlay, I thought this thread was going to be about the Rolling Stones album.

:lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Since we're all sharing here...I have no tats...but do find them sexy on women if done the way I like...:pound:

What way is that, you ask? I'll know it when I see it...

Mulerider
10-05-2017, 09:15 PM
Since we're all sharing here...I have no tats...but do find them sexy on women if done the way I like...:pound:

What way is that, you ask? I'll know it when I see it...

I never liked tattoos on women, but Danielle from American Pickers has me reconsidering... :)

Overlay
10-08-2017, 05:53 PM
That's why I chose that title for the thread.:)