PDA

View Full Version : Parx: The new Juan Carlos Guerrero

cj
09-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Ney Pessanha

In case you are wondering why he is suddenly winning races.

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=People&searchType=T&eID=256564

AstrosFan
09-25-2017, 03:40 PM
And this is why I STAY AWAY from any PA track

Track Phantom
09-25-2017, 08:29 PM
1.8% winning percentage prior to 2017 (8 for 442)
32.4% winning percentage in 2017

When I see trainer stats like this, I often wonder what all the fuss was about regarding Charlie Wittingham, Woody Stephens and Allen Jerkens. The guys today are just so much better.

Racetrack Playa
09-25-2017, 09:47 PM
1.8% winning percentage prior to 2017 (8 for 442)
32.4% winning percentage in 2017
Hello TP He only has 9 wins in 2017 , thats 22 starters

Track Phantom
09-25-2017, 09:51 PM
Hello TP He only has 9 wins in 2017 , thats 22 starters
Reinforces my point. 40% winner in 2017.

Racetrack Playa
09-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Reinforces my point. 40% winner in 2017.
Um and 68 starts, just sayin

cj
09-25-2017, 10:16 PM

He only recently took over for JCG.

Racetrack Playa
09-25-2017, 10:26 PM
He only recently took over for JCG.
Got it, He had a great weekend:blush:

Track Phantom
09-25-2017, 11:11 PM

I was told there would be no math :D

onefast99
09-26-2017, 09:24 AM
Servis had a 31% win at MP and no one has said a word! I also noticed a lot of races he had horses in were "tailor made" for him, he trains for Dennis Drazin as well.

reckless
09-26-2017, 10:05 AM
I don't know for certain who is really training these horses, but I assure you it isn't Ney Pessanha.

I was at the track a few times recently when this listed trainer won a race. He was never in the paddock to saddle the horse, nor in the winner's circle later on. After one particular win, I was with an old friend when another guy came to us and said: 'Do you believe this, how could you pick this horse and this guy, he (Ney) never wins.'

My friend looked up and said: 'He (Ney) never met the horse, never met the owners or the person doing the training. He wouldn't recognize any of them .. '

Enough said, if nothing else.

onefast99
09-26-2017, 11:05 AM
I don't know for certain who is really training these horses, but I assure you it isn't Ney Pessanha.

I was at the track a few times recently when this listed trainer won a race. He was never in the paddock to saddle the horse, nor in the winner's circle later on. After one particular win, I was with an old friend when another guy came to us and said: 'Do you believe this, how could you pick this horse and this guy, he (Ney) never wins.'

My friend looked up and said: 'He (Ney) never met the horse, never met the owners or the person doing the training. He wouldn't recognize any of them .. '

Enough said, if nothing else.I'm not defending him but how many times do you see Pletcher or Chad in the winners circle or saddling a horse other than Saratoga?

reckless
09-26-2017, 11:14 AM
I'm not defending him but how many times do you see Pletcher or Chad in the winners circle or saddling a horse other than Saratoga?

I didn't think I'd have to get more direct; I thought my nuance would work but I was wrong.

This time, I'll be more blunt.

Ney Passanha has absolutely nothing to do with the horses that won recently at Parx even though he was the listed trainer.

He's a front for god's sake.

cj
09-26-2017, 12:33 PM
I didn't think I'd have to get more direct; I thought my nuance would work but I was wrong.

This time, I'll be more blunt.

Ney Passanha has absolutely nothing to do with the horses that won recently at Parx even though he was the listed trainer.

He's a front for god's sake.

Of course, and thanks for the added details. People often point at trainers as the problem, when many times they are just a front for what is going on behind the scenes.

VigorsTheGrey
09-26-2017, 12:54 PM
Of course, and thanks for the added details. People often point at trainers as the problem, when many times they are just a front for what is going on behind the scenes.

So it is like a non- licensed person working under the trainers license, doing all the work, while cutting the front trainer a check just to use his name...I see how that happens...but how prevalent is this practice...?

onefast99
09-26-2017, 03:55 PM
Can you name a few other than Guerrero who may possibly have a front in Ney or any other trainer that I should be on the lookout for? You can just use Parx as the launching site for the list, thanks.

cj
09-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Can you name a few other than Guerrero who may possibly have a front in Ney or any other trainer that I should be on the lookout for? You can just use Parx as the launching site for the list, thanks.

Tough game...can't give it all away. :)

Afleet
09-26-2017, 05:59 PM
I'm not defending him but how many times do you see Pletcher or Chad in the winners circle or saddling a horse other than Saratoga?

I've seen them at CD

Track Phantom
09-26-2017, 06:50 PM
I wonder why most people to envelope themselves into this game.

Let's see, you need to know who is an assistant to a high percentage trainer and might be training "in name only" as a front for another high percentage outfit.

I guess the days of going to the bookstore and getting a "how to read the racing form" guide are worthless when you have to have Scotland Yard on the scene to unearth the chicanery.

I mean....whew!!! Do you imagine how woefully toothless the majority of weekend warriors and newbies are in this parimutuel arena? I personally don't mind it but as far as enticing new players to the game....good luck!

onefast99
09-27-2017, 09:09 AM
Tough game...can't give it all away. :)
Just the usual list of suspects would be a starting point...:(