PDA

View Full Version : Invitation Withdrawn!

Pages : [1] 2

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Steph Curry won't go to The White House despite the invite of the Golden State Warriors for their championship win. He said it was to show unity. (i.e., unity with the other hate-America liberals).

So President Trump withdrew the invitation for the entire team.

Yet another move by President Trump that is not politically correct, but Americans applaud wholeheartedly.

lamboguy
09-23-2017, 09:50 AM
i like that move. you have to give Trump some credit, he knows how to work things to his advantage.

Dahoss9698
09-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Funny thing is there was never an invitation to begin with.

The big baby was trying to save face to his disciples. Curry and Durant already talked about not going. Trump's fragile ego was hurt so he tried to play it off like he wasn't going to allow the team anyway.

Those pesky facts. :lol:

upthecreek
09-23-2017, 10:44 AM

The big baby was trying to save face to his disciples. Curry and Durant already talked about not going. Trump's fragile ego was hurt so he tried to play it off like he wasn't going to allow the team anyway.

Yea like the ones you leave out:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/trump-twitter-saturday-takes-back-white-house-invite-to-golden-state/

They were to meet to decide on it

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-23-2017, 10:48 AM

Those are facts? I guess the rest of the world has to redefine what we interpret as facts since your IQ is so high. Ok, people, we have been wrong.

What happened to your other two laughing emojis. I'll bet you tried so hard to post without any, but you have so little faith that anyone would pay attention to your words, you closed your eyes and hit the laughing emoji button. If you close your eyes, it doesn't count.

classhandicapper
09-23-2017, 10:49 AM
I would consider this significant if I thought any of these athletes had a firm grasp of reality instead of the nonsense they are hearing and reading in the media.

Who cares if another bunch of misinformed idiots doesn't want to go to Washington?

Dahoss9698
09-23-2017, 10:53 AM
Yea like the ones you leave out:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/trump-twitter-saturday-takes-back-white-house-invite-to-golden-state/

They were to meet to decide on it

They were going to meet to decide IF an invitation was given, would they go. There has been no invitation.

Fact

Fager Fan
09-23-2017, 10:54 AM
I would consider this significant if I thought any of these athletes had a firm grasp of reality instead of the nonsense they are hearing and reading in the media.

Who cares if another bunch of misinformed idiots doesn't want to go to Washington?

What I'd hope is for a backlash among their fans. They do understand what hits their wallets. Which interestingly isn't what they're opening in their stand. Why don't they do something meaningful like give to charities or start their own charity that supports what they believe is a need. Taking a knee is easy and cheap.

Dahoss9698
09-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Those are facts? I guess the rest of the world has to redefine what we interpret as facts since your IQ is so high. Ok, people, we have been wrong.

What happened to your other two laughing emojis. I'll bet you tried so hard to post without any, but you have so little faith that anyone would pay attention to your words, you closed your eyes and hit the laughing emoji button. If you close your eyes, it doesn't count.

Yeah....I know it might seem crazy to you, but everything Trump tweets out isn't a fact.

The rest is just more of your bruised ego nonsense. :lol::lol::lol:

Dahoss9698
09-23-2017, 10:58 AM
Kevin Durant who has already said he wouldn't go IF invited is incredibly generous and has his own charitable foundation. CJ could probably speak more on that.

Steph Curry is very active as well.

Facts :ThmbUp:

barahona44
09-23-2017, 11:04 AM
What I'd hope is for a backlash among their fans. They do understand what hits their wallets. Which interestingly isn't what they're opening in their stand. Why don't they do something meaningful like give to charities or start their own charity that supports what they believe is a need. Taking a knee is easy and cheap.
Since the Warriors play in the San Francisco Bay Area, many,if not most ,of their fans would be upset if they did go to the White House to meet Trump.The 49er's best selling jersey is Colin Kapernick.

kingfin66
09-23-2017, 11:16 AM
Steph Curry won't go to The White House despite the invite of the Golden State Warriors for their championship win. He said it was to show unity. (i.e., unity with the other hate-America liberals).

So President Trump withdrew the invitation for the entire team.

Yet another move by President Trump that is not politically correct, but Americans applaud wholeheartedly.

It is just another example of our president doing stupid things. Americans do not really care that much one way or another whether athletes go to the White House. It is funny to see that he withdrew an invitation that was never extended in the first place and people like you throwing high fives as though the president really showed them who is boss.

BaffertsWig
09-23-2017, 11:20 AM
So a bunch of millionaires don't want to meet president Dotard, why is this news?

Fager Fan
09-23-2017, 11:23 AM
It is just another example of our president doing stupid things. Americans do not really care that much one way or another whether athletes go to the White House. It is funny to see that he withdrew an invitation that was never extended in the first place and people like you throwing high fives as though the president really showed them who is boss.

So they were talking with the White House about a visit to the White House that didn't exist? They were going to vote on whether to accept an invitation that didn't exist? All you had to do was read what was posted to know what you posted isn't right.

People don't care if athletes go to the White House, but they do care when they play politics. If your job is to entertain, then it's not smart to piss off 50% of the audience.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-23-2017, 11:54 AM
People don't care if athletes go to the White House, but they do care when they play politics. If your job is to entertain, then it's not smart to piss off 50% of the audience.

:ThmbUp:

Which is exactly what JFK told Jerry Lewis (included entertainers), per Jerry Lewis in his documentary, Method To The Madness of Jerry Lewis.

Another reason for today's liberals to loathe the self-defined liberal -- John Fitzgerald Kennedy. Back in the day, liberals were also Americans. Most of those liberals actually hated Communism.

classhandicapper
09-23-2017, 12:00 PM

If I thought any of these athletes actually understood the long term budget constraints, spending promises, crime data, police data, job data, gun data, and other issues that get them all riled up, I'd respect their opinion even if I disagreed. But they are like the Hollywood morons. They are mostly clueless. They read the NY Times or listen to CNN/MSNBC etc.. and think they are fully informed in an unbiased way. They are often being spoon fed nonsense that in many cases is purposely trying to rile people up for political purposes. I've lost respect for a lot of people in sports that I otherwise think are very bright. They are sometimes ridiculously uninformed in other areas but because of their brilliance at what they do understand well, they think all their opinions are just as strong and valid.

Tom
09-23-2017, 12:04 PM

I didn't even care when they won the Stanley Cup. I thing the POTUS has more important thins to than waste his time on ANY stupid pro teams. Let them all applaud each other for doing nothing important.

woodtoo
09-23-2017, 01:10 PM
Over paid hacks, Stephen who?

Racetrack Playa
09-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Curry sports UA sneakers, he got clout

http://www.businessinsider.com/under-armour-ceo-kevin-plank-leaving-trumps-manufacturing-council-2017-8

delayjf
09-23-2017, 02:39 PM
The Dems are asking all NFL players to kneel during the national anthem. My guess is that most players will not - which will make them racist according to liberal standards, right?

If they were really serious about their cause, they would boycott the games and refuse to play, forgoing their big pay checks, otherwise they are a bunch of frauds.

Tom
09-23-2017, 03:49 PM
If they were really serious about their cause, they would boycott the games and refuse to play, forgoing their big pay checks, otherwise they are a bunch of frauds.

:pound::pound::pound:

I have gotten their "message" loud and clear.
I could not care less about any NFL games. College is far better anyway. How can you take a football player seriously when he is dressed head to toe in a yellow uniform! Ass clowns!!!:pound::pound::pound:

jimmyb
09-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Liberal media wants it both ways. Remember goaltender Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins refusing to go with the team to an Obama White House? He was called amoung other things, a racist.

Thomas said: "I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL."

The liberal rag responds with:

"Now, if Thomas was a real man, he would have gone to the Boston Bruins management and ownership, returned the money from his contract and quit the balance of it by retiring–so he could exercise his rights as a free citizen.
You see, I am all for exercising your rights. I am all against abusing them. And Tim Thomas abused those rights.

There are soldiers who fought and died so that Thomas would have the right, as a free citizen, to freely choose to sign a contract worth millions and millions of dollars with the Boston Bruins. Included in that contract would be his obligations to represent the Boston Bruins in public. Unless I am sadly mistaken, there was no clause in there which stated that Thomas would not have to represent the Boston Bruins if it involved a trip to the White House."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1037288-tim-thomas-the-ugly-truth-behind-his-white-house-refusal

woodtoo
09-23-2017, 04:52 PM
PDJT's latest tweets

"If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU'RE FIRED.
Find something else to do."

Clocker
09-23-2017, 05:10 PM
PDJT's latest tweets

"If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU'RE FIRED.
Find something else to do."

Anyone that doesn't understand the meaning of the First Amendment should not be allowed to be president.

Find something else to do.

Tom
09-23-2017, 05:36 PM
No, he is absolutely right.
The NFL just lacks the balls to put the goons in their place.
People go to football games to enjoy themselv, not have some POS cry babies force their political views of them.

And besides that last time I looked, free speech applies TRUMP as well.

MONEY
09-23-2017, 05:39 PM
Here is the 1st Amendment.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

What it simply says about speech is that the government will not stop you from saying or writing whatever you want.

Nowhere does it say that you can't get fired or sued for saying/publishing what's on your mind. And nowhere does it say that you can't be imprisoned for the things you say or print.

Tom
09-23-2017, 05:43 PM
Message to the democrats - it alsos specifically says PEACEFULLY assemble.

So break out those fire hoses.

Clocker
09-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Nowhere does it say that you can't get fired or sued for saying/publishing what's on your mind.

I agree, but if such expression is a firing offense, the employee needs to be informed of that from the beginning, preferably in writing, or in the case of prima donna stars, in their contracts.

The First Amendment does only refer to what the government can or can't do, but I find it worth comment that the president encourages an employer to do something that he is forbidden to do by law.

I also find it nuts that the childish behavior of a few over-paid morons has reached the status of a national crisis. I would suggest that Trump has more important things to occupy his time and efforts.

Fager Fan
09-23-2017, 06:39 PM
I agree, but if such expression is a firing offense, the employee needs to be informed of that from the beginning, preferably in writing, or in the case of prima donna stars, in their contracts.

The First Amendment does only refer to what the government can or can't do, but I find it worth comment that the president encourages an employer to do something that he is forbidden to do by law.

I also find it nuts that the childish behavior of a few over-paid morons has reached the status of a national crisis. I would suggest that Trump has more important things to occupy his time and efforts.

I'm lost. What is the employer forbidden to do by law? Fire the player?

I'm pretty sure most contracts of this nature have a sweeping ethics and doing things detrimental to the organization clause. I'm sure I could word that better but you hopefully know what I mean.

woodtoo
09-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Colon K is allowed to wear socks depicting police as pigs but the Dallas Cowboys can't wear a decal supporting 5 dead cops.
That says it all! No Fans Left

jocko699
09-23-2017, 06:58 PM
Colon K is allowed to wear socks depicting police as pigs but the Dallas Cowboys can't wear a decal supporting 5 dead cops.

I am taking my bride to brunch tomorrow and then watch some golf. No NFL in this house and it is a shame but there are more important things in life. Roll tide roll!!!!

Clocker
09-23-2017, 07:08 PM
I'm lost. What is the employer forbidden to do by law? Fire the player?

I'm pretty sure most contracts of this nature have a sweeping ethics and doing things detrimental to the organization clause. I'm sure I could word that better but you hopefully know what I mean.

I don't know what is in their contracts. My point was that the president should not be encouraging the stifling of free speech, and that he should not be sticking his nose into relations between an employee and an employer.

Fager Fan
09-23-2017, 07:21 PM
I don't know what is in their contracts. My point was that the president should not be encouraging the stifling of free speech, and that he should not be sticking his nose into relations between an employee and an employer.

It's not protected free speech, though.

I'm fine with it, good with it in fact. I think it's nice to have a President who sticks up for this country.

JustRalph
09-23-2017, 07:38 PM

Not in a right to work State. You can fire them for just about anything. Don’t ask me how I know..........

Btw, I gotta go with Trump on this one. Any President that calls out a pro player and calls him an SOB for being unpatriotic, I have to laugh at, and respect

Dahoss9698
09-23-2017, 07:44 PM
Hard to believe the big brains here are following behind Trump. If he told you all to jump you'd ask how high.

Clocker
09-23-2017, 08:10 PM
It's not protected free speech, though.

I'm fine with it, good with it in fact. I think it's nice to have a President who sticks up for this country.
I didn't say it was protected.

I said that the president stuck his nose into a minor issue that he had no knowledge of, and was not a party to, and that his knee-jerk response was to oppose free speech by individuals.

I think that the guys that take a knee are idiots and have a poor grasp of reality, but I have no respect for a president who lashes out at them and encourages an employer to do something the law prohibits him from doing as a protection of rights.

Tom
09-23-2017, 08:32 PM

He is not, He is speaking when trailer-park trash start insulting out country and the people who defend it. Who better than him?

F---the NFL if they don't like it.

MutuelClerk
09-23-2017, 08:47 PM
Was Donald Trump a backer of Muhammad Ali? I'm guessing he misremembered he was. Is.

Fager Fan
09-23-2017, 08:56 PM
I didn't say it was protected.

I said that the president stuck his nose into a minor issue that he had no knowledge of, and was not a party to, and that his knee-jerk response was to oppose free speech by individuals.

I think that the guys that take a knee are idiots and have a poor grasp of reality, but I have no respect for a president who lashes out at them and encourages an employer to do something the law prohibits him from doing as a protection of rights.

Here we go again with the law prohibiting this - no law prohibits this. What do I keep missing?

The idiots are disrespecting the flag and country and the service members who died to defend this country. Maybe a President should stick his nose into that.

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 01:29 AM

This is where I stand on the thing, you nailed it...

. The nfl declined a chance to honor law enforcement officers that were killed in an nfl town. The nfl told the Cowboys that the law enforcement officers weren't worth a grain of salt, no shield allowed to be worn for one single exhibition game honoring the killed officers.

The league lost a lot of people that moment. I read today that nfl game viewership was down 15 percent two years ago, 12 percent last season locally.

Screw the nfl.

classhandicapper
09-24-2017, 01:39 AM
The fact of the matter is that not a single one of these athletes has ever looked at the data on deaths of black citizens by police after it was controlled for race distribution of the police, race distribution of deaths, crime statistics in the neighborhood of death, counts for whether it was white on black, white on Hispanic, white on Asian, black on white, black on black, black on Asian etc...

None has ever read the follow up investigations to determine the percentage of cases that were justifiable self defense vs. regrettable errors vs. clear cases of racial bias.

The fact of the matter is that there's probably only 1 out of 10 that even know they should be if they want to understand what's really going on.

I don't fault them entirely. They are busy with their careers and not everyone understands statistics.

But I HATE the left and media on this. They are literally scumbag MF'ers. Many of them DO understand that you have to control for these things to understand what's actually going on, have an intelligent discussion, and then fix it. But they refuse to do that because they WANT to rile up the ignorant masses (like these boneheaded athletes and Hollywood celebrities), create riots, and cause this divisiveness for political purposes.

There are problems of recruitment, training, and there IS some racism, but generally the cops are doing a great job under incredibly difficult life and death stress.

The United States is in a horrible marriage. The left is like the abusive spouse that is destructive to the marriage, insists on doing everything their own way, and all the while attacks the other and tries to make them feel like they are the bad one and it's all their fault. Then when the issue of divorce comes up, the abuser will say that wanting a divorce makes you a bad person.

I've pretty much had it.

I want nothing to do with any of these leftist scumbags.

I don't want to compromise with scumbags.

I don't want to live with scumbags.

And that's what they are. They are scumbag MF'ers.

Inner Dirt
09-24-2017, 04:32 AM
If I thought any of these athletes actually understood the long term budget constraints, spending promises, crime data, police data, job data, gun data, and other issues that get them all riled up, I'd respect their opinion even if I disagreed. But they are like the Hollywood morons. They are mostly clueless. They read the NY Times or listen to CNN/MSNBC etc.. and think they are fully informed in an unbiased way. They are often being spoon fed nonsense that in many cases is purposely trying to rile people up for political purposes. I've lost respect for a lot of people in sports that I otherwise think are very bright. They are sometimes ridiculously uninformed in other areas but because of their brilliance at what they do understand well, they think all their opinions are just as strong and valid.

I would say they are worse than the Hollywood morons. A lot of your Hollywood morons struggled into adult life until they were discovered or got their big break. Any athlete that makes it as a starter in the NFL or NBA has probably been put on a pedestal, worshiped like a god and got all kinds of special favors all the way back to Jr. High School. The preferential treatment they have received through their life leaves them out of touch with reality a lot of times. How someone like Colin Kaepernick claims to have a rough childhood is complete nonsense. He was always a half a foot taller than the average kid and an exceptional multi sport athlete since he was 8. Those types get treated like kings, he is either delusional or a bold faced liar.

Inner Dirt
09-24-2017, 04:40 AM

I believe Colon Crapernick only wore his pig socks to practice and not in games. I think the team, not the NFL controls what a player can wear to practice and at team facilities. Of course the 49ers are based in the liberal cesspool of the country so they are ok with his behavior.

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 07:30 AM
The fact of the matter is that not a single one of these athletes has ever looked at the data on deaths of black citizens by police after it was controlled for race distribution of the police, race distribution of deaths, crime statistics in the neighborhood of death, counts for whether it was white on black, white on Hispanic, white on Asian, black on white, black on black, black on Asian etc...

None has ever read the follow up investigations to determine the percentage of cases that were justifiable self defense vs. regrettable errors vs. clear cases of racial bias.

The fact of the matter is that there's probably only 1 out of 10 that even know they should be if they want to understand what's really going on.

I don't fault them entirely. They are busy with their careers and not everyone understands statistics.

But I HATE the left and media on this. They are literally scumbag MF'ers. Many of them DO understand that you have to control for these things to understand what's actually going on, have an intelligent discussion, and then fix it. But they refuse to do that because they WANT to rile up the ignorant masses (like these boneheaded athletes and Hollywood celebrities), create riots, and cause this divisiveness for political purposes.

There are problems of recruitment, training, and there IS some racism, but generally the cops are doing a great job under incredibly difficult life and death stress.

The United States is in a horrible marriage. The left is like the abusive spouse that is destructive to the marriage, insists on doing everything their own way, and all the while attacks the other and tries to make them feel like they are the bad one and it's all their fault. Then when the issue of divorce comes up, the abuser will say that wanting a divorce makes you a bad person.

I've pretty much had it.

I want nothing to do with any of these leftist scumbags.

I don't want to compromise with scumbags.

I don't want to live with scumbags.

And that's what they are. They are scumbag MF'ers.

I remember my first beer.

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 08:08 AM
I believe Colon Crapernick only wore his pig socks to practice and not in games. I think the team, not the NFL controls what a player can wear to practice and at team facilities. Of course the 49ers are based in the liberal cesspool of the country so they are ok with his behavior.

At this point what difference does it really make. You can't undo seeing pig socks.

MutuelClerk
09-24-2017, 08:27 AM
I'm guessing after Trump's remarks this week there will be more players that kneel than ever before.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 08:32 AM
I'm guessing after Trump's remarks this week there will be more players that kneel than ever before.

And hopefully more fans tuning out today than ever before.

Inner Dirt
09-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Free speech can get you legally fired if you do it while working for someone else and doing it wearing a company uniform. I do not understand why those standing up for the clowns disrespecting the flag do not acknowledge this.

What do you think would happen if a waitress at Denny's handed out pamphlets on Scientology when she brought the menus. Legally protected free speech. What should her employer do with her?

These NFL players are pulling their stunts while being paid and wearing a company uniform. I am kind of shocked how many owners are ok with it. I would not be. They are seen by most as disrespecting the flag, not as protestors. I don't know about you guys but any sporting event I ever attended everyone in the crowd was standing during the anthem except for the people in wheelchairs. I have even seen people in wheelchairs get someone to help them stand.

MutuelClerk
09-24-2017, 09:12 AM
And hopefully more fans tuning out today than ever before.

Yeah. The last thing we want in this country is people expressing themselves. God and Flag forbid.

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2017, 09:23 AM
Yeah. The last thing we want in this country is people expressing themselves. God and Flag forbid.

Isn't tuning out and not watching that crap expressing yourself? Dollar votes.

FantasticDan
09-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised to see entire teams taking a knee. Solidarity! :headbanger:

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2017, 09:27 AM

http://www.sfgate.com/athletics/article/A-s-Bruce-Maxwell-first-MLB-player-to-kneel-for-12223798.php

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 09:37 AM
This thread is almost as amazing as a President taking to Twitter to attack NBA and NFL players because he is butt hurt.

davew
09-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Wouldn’t be surprised to see entire teams taking a knee. Solidarity! :headbanger:

I would

jimmyb
09-24-2017, 10:01 AM
The NFL’s appeal has faded, but not just among the deplorables. There’s a reason they are called “soccer moms,” after all. They wouldn’t dream of letting Junior put on shoulder pads. A football field is the furthest thing from a snowflake’s safe space.

But now the lemmings of the left feel compelled to defend something they loathed a mere 48 hours ago, because if Trump likes something, it must be bad. And vice versa.

delayjf
09-24-2017, 10:05 AM
The NFL denied the Dallas Cowboys request to honor the 5 police officers who were killed last summer in Dallas. But they are supporting this and of course the transgender bathroom bill.

Ain't diversity Grand.

Tom
09-24-2017, 10:13 AM
Owner Kraft made a pretty idiotic statement that sports is inclusive and politics is devises, so the we should make this a political thing......duh.

Kraft, you worthless cheating moron, it the brain-dead players (many of the as a result of the NFL withholding concussion details)
who are bringing the politics in.

Is everyone in the NFL a moron?

Clocker
09-24-2017, 10:20 AM
This thread is almost as amazing as a President taking to Twitter to attack NBA and NFL players because he is butt hurt.

Trump is doing the same thing he is ripping the players for. He is using the power and prestige of his position to express a personal opinion having nothing to do with performing his job.

Tom
09-24-2017, 10:27 AM
Part of the job is POTUS is to use his bully pulpit. He standing up to an insult to many Americans by the over-paid scum bags.

I applaud his actions.

FantasticDan
09-24-2017, 10:27 AM
The NFL denied the Dallas Cowboys request to honor the 5 police officers who were killed last summer in Dallas. But they are supporting this and of course the transgender bathroom bill.
The NFL denied the Cowboys request to wear a special decal on their helmet during games that displayed their “Arm in Arm” campaign with the police and their families. The NFL has a very strict uniform policy and doesn’t “officially” allow the promotion of social campaigns that aren’t sponsored by the league and its partners. The Cowboys were allowed to wear the decal during practice time.

MutuelClerk
09-24-2017, 10:30 AM
There's plenty of reasons not to watch the NFL anymore. Commercials. All the penalties. Announcers. Personally I have to watch red zone or I fall asleep almost immediately. I don't blame the low ratings on Colin Kaepernick. The game has plenty of issues. I'm sure some people don't watch because of players kneeling. But not the majority.

Tom
09-24-2017, 10:31 AM
The NFL has a very strict uniform policy and doesn’t “officially” allow the promotion of social campaigns that aren’t sponsored by the league and its partners. The Cowboys were allowed to wear the decal during practice time.

:pound::pound::pound: And you buy that???
Strict uniform policy - absolutely NOT.
Watch any game today.

Hey, how about those cry-baby malcontents kneel down during PRACTICE.

Man, that is one dumb-ass excuse. You apply for a job at SNL?

MutuelClerk
09-24-2017, 10:32 AM
Isn't tuning out and not watching that crap expressing yourself? Dollar votes.

It is Roses. If that's how you feel, don't watch. You really aren't missing a lot anyways.

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Now everyone hates the NFL... :rolleyes:

Clocker
09-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Part of the job is POTUS is to use his bully pulpit. He standing up to an insult to many Americans by the over-paid scum bags.

I applaud his actions.

He is preaching to the choir. Neither Trump nor the players are changing any minds, they are only further irritating people who are opposed or indifferent to their positions. Put me in that last category. I think the players are idiots and damaging their cause, and I think Trump makes himself look ridiculous responding to them. Trump's response gives the players more credibility with some people than the player protest itself.

classhandicapper
09-24-2017, 10:45 AM
I remember my first beer.

What I said is 100% the truth.

The narrative of the racist cop running around gunning down innocent minorities is wildly overblown. It was/is promoted by the leftist media and endorsed by divisive scumbags like Obama and the democrats for political purposes.

How could you be any more of a scumbag than purposely inflaming the passions of minorities that already feel they have a raw deal by exaggerating, lying, and spinning information about specific cases and the problem in general and in turn causing them to riot, kill innocent cops, and hate the country they live in.

Trump is an asshole for being being combative, escalating it, and destroying sports even further, but it all started with a bullshit narrative from the media and left.

Good human beings would look at the data in an unbiased fashion, measure the extent of the problem, explain it to the people, try to calm the situation down, and then work to correct the problems. But that doesn't get votes and I don't like scumbags.

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 10:49 AM
He is preaching to the choir. Neither Trump nor the players are changing any minds, they are only further irritating people who are opposed or indifferent to their positions. Put me in that last category. I think the players are idiots and damaging their cause, and I think Trump makes himself look ridiculous responding to them. Trump's response gives the players more credibility with some people than the player protest itself.

Not to mention that this president was a DRAFT-DODGER when it was his turn to prove his own "patriotism". What's worse...using your influence to dodge the draft while the "less-fortunate" are forced to serve in the armed forces for their country...or supporting some cause by sitting or kneeling during the anthem?

FantasticDan
09-24-2017, 10:51 AM
:pound::pound::pound: And you buy that??? Strict uniform policy - absolutely NOT.
Watch any game today.
Okay, I'll watch any game today.

What am I looking for?

Man, that is one dumb-ass excuse. You apply for a job at SNL?
:bang: It's not my excuse, it's the NFL's policy. They don't let players or teams put stuff on their uniforms that's not league approved or sponsored. If a player does without permission, they're fined.

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Trump is an asshole for being being combative, escalating it, and destroying sports even further, but it all started with a bullshit narrative from the media and left.

How did the left and media escalate this? Kevin Durant and Steph Curry said they didn't want to go to the white house...

Trump is the one escalating again. Same as his NO comments who I believe have made about 6 threats since then.

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 11:01 AM

The narrative of the racist cop running around gunning down innocent minorities is wildly overblown. It was/is promoted by the leftist media and endorsed by divisive scumbags like Obama and the democrats for political purposes.

How could you be any more of a scumbag than purposely inflaming the passions of minorities that already feel they have a raw deal by exaggerating, lying, and spinning information about specific cases and the problem in general and in turn causing them to riot, kill innocent cops, and hate the country they live in.

Good human beings would look at the data in an unbiased fashion, measure the extent of the problem, explain it to the people, try to calm the situation down, and then work to correct the problems. But that doesn't get votes and I don't like scumbags.

It's 100% truth to you.

You're another guy who thinks everything is left/ right and since you're on the right everything is the lefts fault.

I'm a cop supporter but as the ridiculous shootings (like the other day) continue to pile up....when are people going to see we have problem in this country with cops?

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 11:09 AM

Trump told them they should.

His campaign quote of being able to stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shooting someone and not losing any voters still rings true. I don't get it.

delayjf
09-24-2017, 11:11 AM
The NFL has a very strict uniform policy and doesn’t “officially” allow the promotion of social campaigns that aren’t sponsored by the league and its partners. The Cowboys were allowed to wear the decal during practice time.

So honoring slain police officers is a social campaign unworthy of the NFL, but the transexual bathroom movement is??? Maybe that says something about the league, I'm curious, did all the league owners vote to disrespect the lives of slain police officers or was this all Goodell's idea.

The NFL used to adhere to a strick uniform policy. The NFL used to fine players for not having their jerseys tucked in their pants they even had a rep at a game that would send messages down to the bench warning players regarding their uniforms- doesn't look that way anymore

FantasticDan
09-24-2017, 11:14 AM
The Ravens and Jaguars are in London, and the game is underway. For the national anthem, some players knelt, but those that remained standing locked arms, including staff and ownership.

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/911948699235893249

Also just saw on Twitter that the entire Steelers team will remain in the locker room for the anthem.

FantasticDan
09-24-2017, 11:17 AM
So honoring slain police officers is a social campaign unworthy of the NFL, but the transexual bathroom movement is???Did a team wear a logo on their uniform promoting the transsexual bathroom (bowel) movement?

Cuz otherwise, you have no point.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 11:20 AM
Trump is doing the same thing he is ripping the players for. He is using the power and prestige of his position to express a personal opinion having nothing to do with performing his job.

It's the flag, it's our country. That's something the President absolutely should defend.

BaffertsWig
09-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Also just saw on Twitter that the entire Steelers team will remain in the locker room for the anthem.

Praise Jah, I hope this is true/actually happens. It also makes you think if this would happen (i.e. the whole team staying in the locker room vs. a few players kneeling on the sideline) had Dotard Drumpf not sent out the tweets yesterday...

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 11:23 AM
It's the flag, it's our country. That's something the President absolutely should defend.

I thought the Constitution is what he's sworn to uphold?

FantasticDan
09-24-2017, 11:25 AM
It's the flag, it's our country. That's something the President absolutely should defend.And what's that flag represent again? :blush:

delayjf
09-24-2017, 11:26 AM
Did a team wear a logo on their uniform promoting the transsexual bathroom (bowel) movement?

Cuz otherwise, you have no point.

No, but the NFL has threatened to not allow a Super Bowl to be hosted in a state that doesn't follow the lefts Transgender bathroom agenda.

And what's that flag represent again?
The sacrifice of those who have fought for our freedoms. What does it mean to you?

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 11:31 AM
Not to mention that this president was a DRAFT-DODGER when it was his turn to prove his own "patriotism". What's worse...using your influence to dodge the draft while the "less-fortunate" are forced to serve in the armed forces for their country...or supporting some cause by sitting or kneeling during the anthem?

He was one of 15 million who got deferments and such because they were in college. That's not using one's influence. It's also not legally draft dodging, as there were people charged with that, and they weren't the college students who were granted deferments.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 11:33 AM

He has a right to an opinion as a private citizen. As president, he should keep his nose out of issues that clearly involve free speech. Among other things, it is a waste of his time when he should be doing other things, like delivering on his campaign promises. And it is counter-productive, as it probably increases support for the protests more than it does for any opposition.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 11:34 AM

Are you suggesting Trump isn't allowed free speech?

Free speech is neither here nor there anyway. There are no government laws against these players showing themselves to be spoiled brats.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 11:37 AM
He has a right to an opinion as a private citizen. As president, he should keep his nose out of issues that clearly involve free speech. Among other things, it is a waste of his time when he should be doing other things, like delivering on his campaign promises. And it is counter-productive, as it probably increases support for the protests more than it does for any opposition.

Clearly we disagree.

These players should keep their noses out of issues as well, like the false claims that the police are running around killing black people and Trump is a racist.

I like that Trump brings this to a boiling point. You all complain, but I bet the Trump side ends up the winner in all this. The right has always sat idly by while the left tramples all over them. Trump is getting the right to stand up and not allow themselves to be trampled over.

I've already emailed the NFL office this morning. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 11:40 AM

And SCOTUS has ruled that flag burning is protected by the 1st Amendment, so surely taking a knee is a Constitution right. How does that require defending by the president?

To repeat myself, Trump is expressing a personal opinion, not an official position, and he and the players should keep it to themselves.

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2017, 11:42 AM

It's all on you to love it bro, don't get all butthurt.

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2017, 11:49 AM

The left wing cant and overall bullshit on this issue is mind-blowing. I was just in a store were they had ESPN blasting and the absurdities being spouted by the Talking Heads- idk wtf they were saying, the flag means this and that...does anyone really think the plight of blacks is worse now than in the past? are blacks problems all because of evil whitey?

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 11:53 AM
He was one of 15 million who got deferments and such because they were in college. That's not using one's influence. It's also not legally draft dodging, as there were people charged with that, and they weren't the college students who were granted deferments.

Trump also asked for and received a 1-Y Medical Deferment, for having "bone spurs in his heels"...which, oddly enough, never interfered with his football, tennis and golf activities during his college years.

A real "stand-up guy"...and a true "patriot". :ThmbUp:

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2017, 11:53 AM
D

No, but the NFL has threatened to not allow a Super Bowl to be hosted in a state that doesn't follow the lefts Transgender bathroom agenda.

The sacrifice of those who have fought for our freedoms. What does it mean to you?

The NFL boycotted Arizona as a Super Bowl site.

RunForTheRoses
09-24-2017, 11:59 AM

Yes, as a private citizen he can weigh in, of course as a free speech issue they (poor oppressed millionaire NFLers) can do as they want. People can vote with their wallets as to whom to follow.

The Great Obongo didn't shy away from matters he had no right to as Pres such as the Skip Gates fiasco.

tucker6
09-24-2017, 12:01 PM
And SCOTUS has ruled that flag burning is protected by the 1st Amendment, so surely taking a knee is a Constitution right. How does that require defending by the president?

To repeat myself, Trump is expressing a personal opinion, not an official position, and he and the players should keep it to themselves.

Why? Your position is nonsensical. What are you scared will happen if a president offers an opinion concerning the moral fabric of America? Can he not share a public opinion, same as players? As you say, it is ALL our right to express opinions.

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 12:02 PM
There is a poll at FOX5

"Should NFL owners fire players who protest the National Anthem?

Yes- 89.9% No-8.63% Undecided- 1.47%

This is not a scientific poll.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 12:04 PM

It's legal, but worthy of scorn nonetheless.

The players started it, finally Trump responded. Again, kudos Trump.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Trump also asked for and received a 1-Y Medical Deferment, for having "bone spurs in his heels"...which, oddly enough, never interfered with his football, tennis and golf activities during his college years.

A real "stand-up guy"...and a true "patriot". :ThmbUp:

It was granted, wasn't it? It's well known that seemingly minor feet issues have kept many men from serving, even those who wanted to.

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 12:12 PM
The funniest part of this is people actually believe Trump is doing this for moral reasons.

The con man keeps conning people and they are eating out if his hand.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 12:18 PM
Why? Your position is nonsensical. What are you scared will happen if a president offers an opinion concerning the moral fabric of America? Can he not share a public opinion, same as players? As you say, it is ALL our right to express opinions.

I'm not scared about anything. I have no dog in this fight and view it with amusement. It's all just show business.

The NFL was losing viewers, and this issue was one reason for that. Left alone, the league might have figured out that the injection of politics was killing ESPN ratings and the same thing could be happening to them.

I would not be a bit surprised if ratings for the games today are up because of the stir Trump has created. By expressing a private opinion from a public pulpit, Trump gives it an air of officialdom that doesn't exist while making a lot more people take notice of it.

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 12:40 PM

No he should just keep his mouth shut. This is beneath the office of President. Now cue up the Obama did x or y responses.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 12:49 PM
No he should just keep his mouth shut. This is beneath the office of President. Now cue up the Obama did x or y responses.

Ok, where were you when Obama interjected about all sorts of things, far worse than this, like implying a white guy was guilty just because he's white and the victim is black.

Obama is the one who created all this crap, and he's no doubt sitting at home smiling like a Cheshire Cat over all this.

FantasticDan
09-24-2017, 12:59 PM
No he should just keep his mouth shut. This is beneath the office of President. Now cue up the Obama did x or y responses.Ooh, me first! Remember when Obama disgraced the office of the presidency.. when he wore a tan suit?!

Forget grabbin' pussy, forget Russia, forget destroying N Korea in fury and fire, forget those very fine white supremacist people and NFL sons of bitches..

That was a very tan suit! :lol: :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/902358401321115648

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Ooh, me first! Remember when Obama disgraced the office of the presidency.. when he wore a tan suit?!

Forget grabbin' pussy, forget Russia, forget destroying N Korea in fury and fire, forget those very fine white supremacist people and NFL sons of bitches..

That was a very tan suit! :lol: :ThmbUp:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/902358401321115648

Like the first lady's shoes?

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 01:05 PM
Well that suit is fugly what else you have?
Even an NFLer wouldn't be caught wearing that.

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Ok, where were you when Obama interjected about all sorts of things, far worse than this, like implying a white guy was guilty just because he's white and the victim is black.

Obama is the one who created all this crap, and he's no doubt sitting at home smiling like a Cheshire Cat over all this.

I didn't post this nor am I one of the sheeple grabbing my foam finger to root him on.

They are both beneath the office of President. I, however, don't treat this president like he is the second coming and am obligated to agree with anything and everything he says and does.

My disgust with a lot of what Obama did is well documented on here. It DOESN'T mean it's okay for Trump to act like a butthurt child because NBA and NFL players don't like him.

How about Trump go open a competitor to the NFL and that way he can meddle in his own business... oh wait... that happened.

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 01:07 PM
Well that suit is fugly what else you have?
Even an NFLer wouldn't be caught wearing that.

This is true... What were they thinking?

Nutz and Boltz
09-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Doncha know? No matter what any President does, it's either an impeachable offense or the greatest thing that he could of done. No middle ground !:D

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Doncha know? No matter what any President does, it's either an impeachable offense or the greatest thing that he could of done. No middle ground !:D

Its amazing really.

No one really thinks for themself anymore.

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 01:18 PM
At the Jacksonville/Carolina game in England today most of both teams disrespected the USA Anthem, but stood up for the UK Anthem.
The NFL has totally lost their minds!!!

The Never/Trumpers are doubling down on stupid.:rant: Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

No wonder Tim Tebow didn't want to play in that cesspool of a league.

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 01:22 PM

Yes...Tebow made a huge sacrifice there. :ThmbUp:

jms62
09-24-2017, 01:22 PM
At the Jacksonville/Carolina game in England today most of both teams disrespected the USA Anthem, but stood up for the UK Anthem.

The Never/Trumpers are doubling down on stupid.:rant: Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

That Tim Tebow commet solidified that you are a complete moron.:pound::pound::pound: Dotard.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 01:24 PM

I agree. Playing a football game in England is a really stupid idea.

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 01:25 PM
And the fake Steelers hide out in the locker room in protest.
Losers. NoFansLeft.

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 01:27 PM
Yes...Tebow made a huge sacrifice there. :ThmbUp:

:ThmbUp: Hope he turns to the CFL soon.

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 01:28 PM
The NFL has totally lost their minds!!!.

I heard they all swore fealty to the Queen. Sir Blake Bortles has a nice ring to it.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 01:31 PM
:ThmbUp: Hope he turns to the CFL soon.

I don't think he speaks Canadian.

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 01:35 PM
I heard they all swore fealty to the Queen. Sir Blake Bortles has a nice ring to it.

Anything to protest PDJT I guess, will the left all become football fans and buy up those empty seat tickets to support millionaire babies and protest Trump?

We will see.

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 01:46 PM
Okay lets get serious for a moment guys, who is your favorite kneeler this season? :D

jms62
09-24-2017, 01:47 PM
Okay lets get serious for a moment guys, who is your favorite kneeler this season? :D

Melania Trump!

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Melania Trump!

I agree! :ThmbUp:

woodtoo
09-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Melania Trump is more popular than the NFL at least today.:ThmbUp:

upthecreek
09-24-2017, 02:30 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912019957243883520

jocko699
09-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Melania Trump is more popular than the NFL at least today.:ThmbUp:

I agree and JMS you are a disgusting POS.

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 02:37 PM
The NFL denied the Cowboys request to wear a special decal on their helmet during games that displayed their “Arm in Arm” campaign with the police and their families. The NFL has a very strict uniform policy and doesn’t “officially” allow the promotion of social campaigns that aren’t sponsored by the league and its partners. The Cowboys were allowed to wear the decal during practice time.

Then the players should take a knee during practice.... :popcorn:

Weak arguement's, Dan. Five cops were killed intentionally. They didn't resist arrest, didn't disrespect someone doing their job. They just were "there"... And the nfl wouldn't allow a team to honor them in a visible way to fans.

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 02:39 PM
Melania Trump!

Better pick another. She's too hot for you. You also couldn't afford her. Maybe you could run with one of Barney Frank's pages... More your speed

jms62
09-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Better pick another. She's too hot for you. You also couldn't afford her. Maybe you could run with one of Barney Frank's pages... More your speed

What are you trying to say there sparky

jms62
09-24-2017, 02:52 PM

So you are calling the beautiful first lady a Whore? You are a disgusting POS

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 02:53 PM
What are you trying to say there sparky? You are all over the place. But you are right I couldn't afford her. I'll be in Vegas for NHC. Seems you don't like me. By law I have to give you first shot. PM me and I will see that it happens.

Cletus, since you don't understand English, I'm telling you that you're a loser.

Tom
09-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Ooh, me first! Remember when Obama disgraced the office of the presidency..

Ah yes, of course.
The inauguration.

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 02:56 PM
So you are calling the beautiful first lady a Whore? You are a disgusting POS

You can't afford her. As in her tastes are too high for your bar to reach.

Loser :kiss:

I can add you to the "rattled" list.

jms62
09-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Cletus, since you don't understand English, I'm telling you that you're a loser.

Dotard my offer stands. Meow :LOL

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Dotard my offer stands. Meow :LOL

What offer?

My reply to you is the same as other wannabes that bet with imaginary money in "contests". Come to Dallas, meet me face to face. PM me when you'll be here. Make it a weekend. I have a job

jms62
09-24-2017, 03:09 PM
What offer?

My reply to you is the same as other wannabes that bet with imaginary money in "contests". Come to Dallas, meet me face to face. PM me when you'll be here. Make it a weekend. I have a job

:pound: again the kiddy hiding behind the come to Dallas thing. You willing to put up your W2G's vs Mine last 3 years. loser owes the winer the difference. I suck at this so It is free money for you Pussy. Let me know and we can have lawyers draw up this contract but again it is a huge riisk on my part cause I totally suck at this.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Melania Trump!

You offend the mentally ill and women, and specifically Melania. Way to go.

As someone else said, though, dream on, buddy. She's way, way, way out of your class.

jms62
09-24-2017, 03:12 PM
You offend the mentally ill and women, and specifically Melania. Way to go.

As someone else said, though, dream on, buddy. She's way, way, way out of your class.

Nice try there buddy you are playing from WAY WAY WAY ****ING BEHIND.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Nice try there buddy you are playing from WAY WAY WAY ****ING BEHIND.

The only thing I'm f'ing behind in is trying to be the biggest asshole on the forum. You're trying hard to be #1, but you have a big hoss' shoes to fill.

jms62
09-24-2017, 03:18 PM
The only thing I'm f'ing behind in is trying to be the biggest asshole on the forum. You're trying hard to be #1, but you have a big hoss' shoes to fill.

From the guy that accused someone of being a sexual predator. You and you alone are the Biggest asshole on these threads. If that wasnt the case Dahoss would have been banned for his interactions with you.

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 03:21 PM
:pound: again the kiddy hiding behind the come to Dallas thing. You willing to put up your W2G's vs Mine last 3 years.

I quit playing full time in 2005. Why would I have recent w2g's.

I'll cut to the chase. You come to Dallas, talk to me anyway you please and see what that gets you. Serious as I can be. I'm calm, cool, collected, and ready for you. Offer is on the table, we can meet at lone star park and go from there.

You in? Yes or no?

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 03:22 PM

He's rattled. :)

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 03:23 PM
He's rattled. :)

On tilt would be the correct term. lol.

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 03:37 PM
I quit playing full time in 2005. Why would I have recent w2g's.

I'll cut to the chase. You come to Dallas, talk to me anyway you please and see what that gets you. Serious as I can be. I'm calm, cool, collected, and ready for you. Offer is on the table, we can meet at lone star park and go from there.

You in? Yes or no?

:lol::lol::lol:

So tough. What's with you always asking dudes to meet up? Hmmm...

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 03:39 PM
I agree and JMS you are a disgusting POS.

You must have missed the disgusting epithets that our Republican brethren here were hurling at the FORMER first-lady. :rolleyes:

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 03:44 PM
From the guy that accused someone of being a sexual predator. You and you alone are the Biggest asshole on these threads. If that wasnt the case Dahoss would have been banned for his interactions with you.

Funny thing is I asked PA to ban me. He wouldn't.

That should tell you a lot.

Inner Dirt
09-24-2017, 03:52 PM
You must have missed the disgusting epithets that our Republican brethren here were hurling at the FORMER first-lady. :rolleyes:

Give examples, the bar of what is considered a racist comment gets lowered by the left on a daily basis. These days you are not even allowed to notice Asian people like to eat rice with meals.

classhandicapper
09-24-2017, 04:19 PM
How did the left and media escalate this? Kevin Durant and Steph Curry said they didn't want to go to the white house...

Trump is the one escalating again. Same as his NO comments who I believe have made about 6 threats since then.

The idea of kneeling came about in response to some police shootings and rough handling of blacks during the Obama administration.

Level headed people would have waited to see what the facts were in each case, try to dampen the initial emotional response, ensure that the public understands that the vast majority of police officers are good decent hard working people putting their lives on the line etc.. and gone from there.

The idea being, we must weed out the racists, improve recruitment, improve training, but TELL the TRUTH about what happened in each case, tell the truth about the extent of the problem after controlling for police officer race, neighborhood race, neighborhood crime stats, number of innocent officers that were killed in that area, and all other factors that may impact results without it having anything to do with racism.

That's how you defuse the problem.

But that's not what we got.

Instead, the media consistently spun the stories, spun the stats, made "police" in a more general sense the enemy of minorities, and came darn near close to encouraging riots until a bunch of innocent cops got gunned down. Then they backed off, but only barely. The entire time Obama did little to nothing while they were rioting, destroying property, and killing people.

That's the genesis of where we are today.

1. Black people think the police are the enemy and are also protesting all the social injustices they perceive - all exaggerated and exasperated by the media and other leftists for political gain.

2. Thoughtful white people recognize that real problem exists and must be corrected, but are sick and tired of media and politician lies, spin, and being called racists for things that have nothing to do with race or them.

3. The very small percentage of racist and incompetent cops must be eliminated and something must be put in place to ensure it stays that way.

4. In my view, guys like Curry, Steve Kerr, etc.. are good decent people that have no idea what they are talking about or that much of what they are protesting is an exaggerated narrative designed for political gain. The same is true of the football players.

5. In my view, this flag thing is half nonsense. I respect all the brave people that served and died for our country. I assume many are sincere in their feelings on that issue. But really, I'm just pissed off in general. At this point I borderline hate the scumbags that cause all these problems by lying, spinning, attacking, calling good people racists, nazis etc.., and riling up the ignorant among us (which is probably 90% lmao) for political gain.

6. I think Trump is an ignoramus for escalating these things and dividing us further, but I am so concerned about the long term economics of this country I'm going to keep rooting for him to do the things I support all while holding my nose.

classhandicapper
09-24-2017, 04:24 PM
It's 100% truth to you.

You're another guy who thinks everything is left/ right and since you're on the right everything is the lefts fault.

I'm a cop supporter but as the ridiculous shootings (like the other day) continue to pile up....when are people going to see we have problem in this country with cops?

Everyone on earth knows we have a problem with cops. We have lots of other problems too. But that narrative is wildly overblown in relation to the sheer number of cops when you control for everything else that goes into these shootings.

The idea is to defuse the situation and then fix it.

The idea is NOT to inflame the situation to get more votes.

BaffertsWig
09-24-2017, 04:35 PM
The Seahawks and Titans both stayed in their locker rooms until the anthem was over. The singer and guitar player performing the anthem both took a knee. And everywhere, whackadoodle repug snowflakes spin on their heads. I can't wait to see how the ultimate snowflake-in-chief, Dotard Drumpf reacts! :pound::headbanger:

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 04:37 PM
5. I think Trump is an ignoramus for escalating these things and dividing us further, but I am so concerned about the long term economics of this country I'm going to keep rooting for him to do the things I support all while holding my nose.

What are the odds that an "ignoramus" could be trusted to do the "right thing" for the long-term welfare of this country?

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 04:44 PM
Everyone on earth knows we have a problem with cops. We have lots of other problems too. But that narrative is wildly overblown in relation to the sheer number of cops when you control for everything else that goes into these shootings.

The idea is to defuse the situation and then fix it.

The idea is NOT to inflame the situation to get more votes.

I agree with you. The problem is wildly exaggerated. I bet if we listed every clear wrongful death of a black at the hands of a white cop, it'd be a small list. And we could list an equal or more number of white wrongful deaths at the hands of a cop, and cops gunned down by blacks. Even one is terrible, but no human is perfect including cops, so it's going to happen. You can lessen the chances of it happening to you if you don't hang out in certain places or with certain people, and act in a totally submissive way when faced by a cop with a gun. Lodge your complaint in a more safe time and place if you have a valid one.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 04:46 PM
The Seahawks and Titans both stayed in their locker rooms until the anthem was over. The singer and guitar player performing the anthem both took a knee. And everywhere, whackadoodle repug snowflakes spin on their heads. I can't wait to see how the ultimate snowflake-in-chief, Dotard Drumpf reacts! :pound::headbanger:

It's fun to see flaming liberals be so politically incorrect, especially at the expense of the most innocent among us.

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 04:53 PM
I agree with you. The problem is wildly exaggerated. I bet if we listed every clear wrongful death of a black at the hands of a white cop, it'd be a small list. And we could list an equal or more number of white wrongful deaths at the hands of a cop, and cops gunned down by blacks. Even one is terrible, but no human is perfect including cops, so it's going to happen. You can lessen the chances of it happening to you if you don't hang out in certain places or with certain people, and act in a totally submissive way when faced by a cop with a gun. Lodge your complaint in a more safe time and place if you have a valid one.

I agree with you. Some innocent blacks are killed by cops...and some innocent cops are killed by blacks. As you say, "no human is perfect, so it's going to happen". It probably all evens out in the end, so...let's move on. :ThmbUp:

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 05:05 PM
I agree with you. Some innocent blacks are killed by cops...and some innocent cops are killed by blacks. As you say, "no human is perfect, so it's going to happen". It probably all evens out in the end, so...let's move on. :ThmbUp:

I'm not saying move on, but if we're going to have this supposed discussion, let's discuss all of it. Let's look at all the facts, including how many wrongful white and cop deaths there are. Do they back up the idea that cops have declared hunting season on blacks? Let's look at the fear all humans have at entering dangerous situations, and how that can affect judgment. Let's look at what each person killed by a cop did to exacerbate the situation (in the case of the justified shootings). Why aren't the press and black leaders not talking about this?

MutuelClerk
09-24-2017, 05:17 PM
The only good that can come of this entire mess is the players keep protesting week after week. The owners get pissed at Goodell and fire the overrated. Over paid. Holier than thou POS.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 05:18 PM
What are the odds that an "ignoramus" could be trusted to do the "right thing" for the long-term welfare of this country?

The odds that he would do the "right thing" are random, as some of his proposed policies would be good for the country and some would be awful.

The odds of his actually getting any of them done vary between slim and none. He doesn't seem to know how the government works, either through Congress or through the executive branch.

Tom
09-24-2017, 05:25 PM
5. I think Trump is an ignoramus for escalating these things and dividing us further

Do you really want to make any effort to be closer to this bunch scumbags? Not me. They have nothing to offer anyone. Just sit back and root for career ending injuries caught on tape so we can enjoy them for years to come. Maybe one of the idiots will get his wish and not have to stand for anything ever again.

Tom
09-24-2017, 05:28 PM

According a recent 8 year sampling, pretty high.
Good thing we got a new guy in there now who has already helped the economy. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

mountainman
09-24-2017, 05:48 PM
Whether he deserves it, or not, it's become trendy to snub this president.
Very, very trendy. Without taking sides, I wonder if Trump's invites get spurned to express disapproval, or to gain instant gravitas with the liberal community.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Since he is the first non-politically correct President, everything he says and does can be deemed non-Presidential.

And that is exactly why he was elected.

FantasticDan
09-24-2017, 06:15 PM
A study in contrasts. Thoughtful, introspective, fair.

Then a giant BRAPPPING!! fart.

God it stinks in here. :ThmbDown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZv-52xh2pc

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Its amazing really.

No one really thinks for themself anymore.Now THAT'S funny!

jimmyb
09-24-2017, 06:21 PM
Alejandro Villanueva was the only Steeler on the field for the anthem? His action carries more weight than all who stayed in the locker room.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-24-2017, 06:21 PM

Thanks for making my point, as we see Obama making the politically correct response.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2017, 06:23 PM
I'm convinced a few of you in this thread are certifiable.

The rest of you are just nuts. Do you guys even read what you write? Wasting time over this nonsense...:pound:

No wonder racing is hurting...you guys should be betting and handicapping more, and arguing about the latest Trump installment less...

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 06:39 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912019957243883520

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

jimmyb
09-24-2017, 06:42 PM
The rest of you are just nuts. Do you guys even read what you write? Wasting time over this nonsense...:pound:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWoAMPPCPLw

Lemon Drop Husker
09-24-2017, 06:59 PM

I'm with the 2nd guy.

Tired of hearing the all talk no action BS of Obama.

The 44 can sure weave a tail of BS that stupid people still believe though.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 07:00 PM
Since he is the first non-politically correct President,

Trump's inflexible attack on protesters is the height of political correctness as practiced by the alt-right. :pound:

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2017, 07:03 PM
the alt-right. :pound:Definitely funny...I'll agree to that.

Tom
09-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Certainly a lot of morons on Twitter.
Guess that's is where the name came from....Twits.

Tom
09-24-2017, 07:17 PM

Wll Dan, that is his legacy...what did you expect?
He was a fart of a president, the smell he left in the WH will linger for decades to come.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Definitely funny...I'll agree to that.

Do you disagree that many on the right are as rigid in their thinking as many on the left?

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Do you disagree that many on the right are as rigid in their thinking as many on the left?I just found out today that a fairly prominent member (well, actually, 2 prominent members) of the racing community have allegedly labeled PA an "alt-right cesspool."

I just find these labels hilarious. The lefties on here name-call and have as big or bigger foul mouths then those on the right. But that doesn't bother them.

Like I said not too long ago, this country is indeed screwed. But it has nothing to do with any deep, dark, mysterious "alt-right."

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Like I said not too long ago, this country is indeed screwed. But it has nothing to do with any deep, dark, mysterious "alt-right."

Totally agree with the first sentence but not so much the second one. The alt-right is completely part of the problem. They are, at least they currently think so though are in for a rude awakening, represented by the White House. They are no different from the far left except they were victorious largely because Bernie was Looney tunes and everyone hates Hillary.

We've reached a new age of extremes in American Politics and the blaze is being fanned by social media in the sense everyone has a voice. I'm not talking about Trump here even I'm talking about everyone.

Trump for all his idiocy has gotten some things right so far IMO but his doublespeak and pandering to extreme elements of the right is troublesome. The same way the previous administration frequently courted the extreme left.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Totally agree with the first sentence but not so much the second one. The alt-right is completely part of the problem. They are, at least they currently think so though are in for a rude awakening, represented by the White House. They are no different from the far left except they were victorious largely because Bernie was Looney tunes and everyone hates Hillary.

We've reached a new age of extremes in American Politics and the blaze is being fanned by social media in the sense everyone has a voice. I'm not talking about Trump here even I'm talking about everyone.

Trump for all his idiocy has gotten some things right so far IMO but his doublespeak and pandering to extreme elements of the right is troublesome. The same way the previous administration frequently courted the extreme left.

I don't think he courts the extreme right, but instead the normal person. I've been poking around FB, twitter, and article comments, and the NFL is being slammed. It looks like Trump is winning this battle at about a rate of 10 to 1 if not more. Only the press and people who maybe feel pressured to be part of the "in thing" are the ones on the side of the players that I see.

lefty359
09-24-2017, 07:55 PM
So it's a terrible thing that the liberals should even have their free speech questioned while conservative free speech is being abrogated all over the place. Scary. I'm wondering how long it's going to take for this country to be like Cuba or NOKO if this keeps up...

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Like I said not too long ago, the American Flag will soon be seen, by a not so insignificant number of people, as the Confederate Flag is currently seen by a great number of people. It's already happening.

There will be places, in certain states in this country, not too long from now, where you will see them STOP flying the American Flag. Of this I have no doubt.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 08:12 PM
I just found out today that a fairly prominent member (well, actually, 2 prominent members) of the racing community have allegedly labeled PA an "alt-right cesspool."

I just find these labels hilarious. The lefties on here name-call and have as big or bigger foul mouths then those on the right. But that doesn't bother them.

Who are they? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

There is a vocal minority here who typify the political correctness of what is generally referred to as the alt-right, but that is just an easy short hand description of a political view point. But there are a number of independents here who follow no dogma, certainly enough to spark discussion and to invalidate the cesspool label.

The semi-bad news is that the usual suspects from the left have largely withdrawn following Hillary's defeat. But many of them were just echoing left-wing dogma and were not open to real discussion of issues.

As to outsider opinions of the forum, one option used elsewhere is to limit access to the off topic forum to registered members. It is too easy for an occasional lurker to draw rash conclusions from a visit or two.

proximity
09-24-2017, 08:21 PM
Who are they? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

could be ragozin and friedman? :)

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 08:28 PM
Like I said not too long ago, the American Flag will soon be seen, by a not so insignificant number of people, as the Confederate Flag is currently seen by a great number of people. It's already happening.

There will be places, in certain states in this country, not too long from now, where you will see them STOP flying the American Flag. Of this I have no doubt.

I think middle America will fight back on this one, just as we're seeing now. The left is waking the sleeping bear again.

Isn't it funny how so many talk negatively of Trump doing something like this, yet his tactic wins? Maybe people should consider that the next time they are tempted to take Trump to task.

MutuelClerk
09-24-2017, 08:33 PM
I think middle America will fight back on this one, just as we're seeing now. The left is waking the sleeping bear again.

Isn't it funny how so many talk negatively of Trump doing something like this, yet his tactic wins? Maybe people should consider that the next time they are tempted to take Trump to task.

Each issue is different. I'm glad Trump told Golden State to hit the road. But I think he's wrong on this issue. A draft dodger defining patriotism doesn't work for me. I'm part of middle america and a state that help Trump to victory.

Lemon Drop Husker
09-24-2017, 08:39 PM

"I'm not talking about Trump", and then your very next sentence starts with Trump and lambasting him.

GTFO.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 08:43 PM

From what I saw on news and sports coverage today, Trump's comments have greatly exasperated the situation.

The president certainly has a lot more pressing issues than the behavior of some random NFL malcontents, but if he deemed it necessary to get involved, there were better ways to do it.

Lemon Drop Husker
09-24-2017, 08:52 PM
From what I saw on news and sports coverage today, Trump's comments have greatly exasperated the situation.

The president certainly has a lot more pressing issues than the behavior of some random NFL malcontents, but if he deemed it necessary to get involved, there were better ways to do it.

True.

He has 8 years of shit to recall.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 09:07 PM

By that, you mean waking up the sleeping bear? See, I think that's a great thing. I say this as someone on the right who has been trampled on for many years by the left. We are tired of it.

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 09:34 PM
"I'm not talking about Trump", and then your very next sentence starts with Trump and lambasting him.

GTFO.

I said he's gotten some things right but his pandering to the far right (see Alt or Tea Party... which pervades this forum is troublesome.

I am happy DACA will stand.

I am happy we likely won't be wasting money on a wall but possibly generating real and effective immigration.

Im glad he's targeting the CFPB.

I'm glad he believes in a strong UN.

These are all things that now seem likely and go against his base. Hence the doublespeak comment. Pretty much everything the man says on Twitter is idiotic but you folks eat it up.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 09:56 PM
By that, you mean waking up the sleeping bear?

NFL prima donnas and the MSM are sleeping bears? That is who are a lot more stirred up this week after Trump's comments.

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 10:13 PM
I just found out today that a fairly prominent member (well, actually, 2 prominent members) of the racing community have allegedly labeled PA an "alt-right cesspool."

I can't believe you're surprised by this. Ive only been telling you it for years.

With all due respect this board is like your kid. Parents are always the last ones to see when their kids have problems.

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 10:18 PM
NFL prima donnas and the MSM are sleeping bears? That is who are a lot more stirred up this week after Trump's comments.

No no no. He means the alt right snowflakes who have been "trampled on" somehow for many years.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 10:28 PM

I can count those on a couple hands and feet. The average Joe posting out there in comment sections and on FB and twitter are hot about this, and it's hundreds and hundreds of comments. That's the sleeping bear.

Most all of them agree with Trump. Find another way of protesting other than disrespecting the flag, America, and our soldiers. For most, you don't mess with those things. :)

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 10:32 PM
People who post on Facebook are hot about this. :lol::lol::lol:

Hundreds and hundreds of comments. :lol::lol::lol:

You can't make this stuff up.

kingfin66
09-24-2017, 10:33 PM
I can't believe you're surprised by this. Ive only been telling you it for years.

With all due respect this board is like your kid. Parents are always the last ones to see when their kids have problems.

The next line in the quote was "I just find these labels hilarious. The lefties on here name-call and have as big or bigger foul mouths then those on the right. But that doesn't bother them."

Yes, it is those darned name-calling liberals that cause the conservatives to resort to their need to post their alt-right views and name call back. Dude (PA), conservatives outnumber liberal by about 20-1. I still can't decide which I am since I prefer conservatism on the fiscal side.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2017, 10:41 PM
The next line in the quote was "I just find these labels hilarious. The lefties on here name-call and have as big or bigger foul mouths then those on the right. But that doesn't bother them."

Yes, it is those darned name-calling liberals that cause the conservatives to resort to their need to post their alt-right views and name call back. Dude (PA), conservatives outnumber liberal by about 20-1. I still can't decide which I am since I prefer conservatism on the fiscal side.Invite some liberals then to join the party.

You guys act like I ban liberals. Hell, even when liberals asked to be banned, I don't ban them...:lol:

Don't look at me. Bring some liberals back...all are welcome.

Racing tends to attract an older demographic, and older demographics tend to trend right...sorry...that's the way it is...

There are plenty of dead racing forums out there that you guys are welcome to go try and revive and make it a left wing cesspool if you wish, on their off-topic section.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2017, 10:42 PM
I can't believe you're surprised by this. Ive only been telling you it for years.I'm not surprised by it. Ignorance runs rampant through this industry.

I'm actually amused by it...the new labels and all that. As if they actually mean something truly evil is going down in PA off-topic...:pound::pound::pound:

Some people need to get a grip.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-24-2017, 10:49 PM
[QUOTE=PaceAdvantage;2223941

Racing tends to attract an older demographic, and older demographics tend to trend right...sorry...that's the way it is...

[/QUOTE]

Winston Churchill defined this phenomenon best. He said, "Those who are not liberals when they are twenty years old, have no soul. Those who are still liberals when they are forty, have no brains."

JustRalph
09-24-2017, 10:56 PM

Do a search for "bans American flag" on google. Tons of hits and stories

ElKabong
09-24-2017, 10:56 PM
There are plenty of dead racing forums out there that you guys are welcome to go try and revive and make it a left wing cesspool if you wish, on their off-topic section.

They're dead for a reason. They suck.

I've followed and posted on this forum since 1999, no racing forum comes close to this one. King fin is partially right, but At first this board was mostly liberal. ..when they couldn't over run the conservatives they'd disappear until a Potus election went their way (suuferrindowns, Holla)

This, like many boards, will lose a number of liberals over the years. Most arguements don't tilt in their favor. Example, obamacare. Even mosty can't defend it, the other water carriers have long since departed the struggle

JustRalph
09-24-2017, 11:01 PM
I said he's gotten some things right but his pandering to the far right (see Alt or Tea Party... which pervades this forum is troublesome.

I am happy DACA will stand.

I am happy we likely won't be wasting money on a wall but possibly generating real and effective immigration.

Im glad he's targeting the CFPB.

I'm glad he believes in a strong UN.

These are all things that now seem likely and go against his base. Hence the doublespeak comment. Pretty much everything the man says on Twitter is idiotic but you folks eat it up.

If you define the Tea Party as "alt right" you are officially full of it

JustRalph
09-24-2017, 11:03 PM
People who post on Facebook are hot about this. :lol::lol::lol:

Hundreds and hundreds of comments. :lol::lol::lol:

You can't make this stuff up.

You are totally ignorant to the Facebook numbers huh?

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 11:08 PM

Depends on which Tea Party group you refer to. There is the lower tax grassroots one, the religious right, the dabbled in witchcraft one, etc. etc. You could change it to reactionary conservative if you want. I don't care, whatever floats your boat.

You're just nitpicking a word choice. The emphasis of my post is still there.

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 11:08 PM
You are totally ignorant to the Facebook numbers huh?

Not at all. But I've read enough Facebook comments to know it's not exactly a great way of judging anything.

Facebook makes message boards look like troll free zones.

I miss the world where people didn't have Facebook or twitter to get them upset 250 times daily. Think about how much of a non issue most things would be without social media blowing them out of proportion.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2017, 11:10 PM
I miss the world where people didn't have Facebook or twitter to get them upset 250 times daily. Think about how much of a non issue most things would be without social media blowing them out of proportion.I agree with this 1,000%

elysiantraveller
09-24-2017, 11:21 PM
I agree with this 1,000%

Same.

Age of extremism.

Clocker
09-24-2017, 11:22 PM
I miss the world where people didn't have Facebook or twitter to get them upset 250 times daily. Think about how much of a non issue most things would be without social media blowing them out of proportion.

Last I heard, social media participation was voluntary. All I know is that I have never partaken in Facebook and such, and have yet to be visited by the Thought Police.

Dahoss9698
09-24-2017, 11:24 PM
Last I heard, social media participation was voluntary. All I know is that I have never partaken in Facebook and such, and have yet to be visited by the Thought Police.

You're in the minority then. Good for you. Substitute facebook with message board. It's the same thing.

Fager Fan
09-24-2017, 11:32 PM

It can be interesting to see what topics people are responding to, and how they're responding. In my feed are mostly horse racing people, so it's usually 80% horses, 10% politics or social issues, and 10% fluff. A big event like the hurricane can take over the feed easily, but this is the first time I've seen a social issue take over the feed. People are hot about this and defending the flag and our military, even all us boring horse people.

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 11:35 PM
You're in the minority then. Good for you. Substitute facebook with message board. It's the same thing.

It's not quite the same thing. On a message board, you only upset yourself 50 times daily. 100 if you are a "conservative".

JustRalph
09-24-2017, 11:42 PM
Not at all. But I've read enough Facebook comments to know it's not exactly a great way of judging anything.

Facebook makes message boards look like troll free zones.

I agree totally. 90% of its crap. But the numbers speak for themselves. It’s huge! Any trend on Facebook is worth paying attention to.......

ReplayRandall
09-24-2017, 11:45 PM
Any trend on Facebook is worth paying attention to.......

I think Facebook is nothing but a trend...:rip:

Dahoss9698
09-25-2017, 08:28 AM
How come people weren't this upset when Trump was disrespecting our military and their families?

I dont remember much outrage when he insulted (many times) the Gold Star family. How about when he insulted John McCain's service?

Clocker
09-25-2017, 10:14 AM
Liberal logic in action:

1. Trump invites the NBA champs to the White House.

2. Superstar Stephen Curry says he doesn't want to go, because "that’s my nucleus of my belief”, whatever that means. Others on the team concur.

3. Trump cancels the invitation.

4. Superstar Stephen Curry is butthurt because Trump's action is beneath the dignity of the office.
:pound:

Stephen Curry fired back at President Trump for disinviting him from the White House earlier Saturday, saying it was “beneath” his position to publicly attack him.

The Golden State Warriors star said it was “surreal” for him to wake up and see that Trump had revoked his invitation to the White House on Twitter.

"I don't know why he feels the need to target certain individuals rather than others," Curry said.

"I have an idea of why, but, it's just kind of beneath, I think, a leader of a country to go that route. It's not what leaders do."http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/352096-steph-curry-its-beneath-trumps-position-to-target-me

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Trump paid the price for insulting McCain...and is still paying it with McCain screwing him nicely in Congress.

As for the Goldstar family, I seem to remember them hitting him pretty hard first.

He could have done the classy thing and let it go, or responded way more diplomatically, but that's not him. I think we know that by now.

He wasn't elected on his class and morals. If he were, I might be disappointed at some of the things he's said.

woodtoo
09-25-2017, 10:28 AM
The dust is settling on the flag issue and here is the bottom line from FOX article.
NFL teams have been giving refund to season ticket holders, lots of refunds.

Dallas Cowboys-65% season tickets
Pittsburgh Steelers-53%
Cleveland Browns-90% :eek:

This could be wrong, checking.

Dahoss9698
09-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Trump paid the price for insulting McCain...and is still paying it with McCain screwing him nicely in Congress.

As for the Goldstar family, I seem to remember them hitting him pretty hard first.

He could have done the classy thing and let it go, or responded way more diplomatically, but that's not him. I think we know that by now.

He wasn't elected on his class and morals. If he were, I might be disappointed at some of the things he's said.

So the guy who has no problem disrespecting military members and their families is upset because he thinks the military is being disrespected by other people because they kneel during the anthem?

There's a word for that. Starts with the letter h.

woodtoo
09-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Anyone notice crowd sizes yesterday?

Dahoss9698
09-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Liberal logic in action:

1. Trump invites the NBA champs to the White House.

2. Superstar Stephen Curry says he doesn't want to go, because "that’s my nucleus of my belief”, whatever that means. Others on the team concur.

3. Trump cancels the invitation.

4. Superstar Stephen Curry is butthurt because Trump's action is beneath the dignity of the office.
:pound:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/352096-steph-curry-its-beneath-trumps-position-to-target-me

Isn't Trump the one that is butt hurt here? There was never an invitation to begin with. Sure, the winning teams do get one....but they hadn't yet.

Trump finds out two of the bigger stars on the team have no interest in going if they get invited so he has a twitter tantrum.

Remember when Trump criticized Obama for giving an opinion on the name Redskins? I do. So why is he wasting his time on the NFL and NBA?

FantasticDan
09-25-2017, 10:35 AM
The dust is settling on the flag issue and here is the bottom line from FOX article.

Pittsburgh Steelers-53%

Ya think? :lol:

Dahoss9698
09-25-2017, 10:36 AM

Pittsburgh Steelers-53%

Could you provide a source for this?

Clocker
09-25-2017, 10:50 AM
There was never an invitation to begin with. Sure, the winning teams do get one....but they hadn't yet.

Who knows. Both sides seem to think there was a real or implicit invitation, and both sides are acting like children about who gets to go to the birthday party. It's certainly more entertaining than watching an actual NBA game.

woodtoo
09-25-2017, 10:59 AM
Could you provide a source for this?

Fake site set up to appear like FOX, my bad.

woodtoo
09-25-2017, 11:09 AM
The one video I saw of fans booing the kneelers at New England game is now gone.

FantasticDan
09-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Stand up Grandpa, you son of a bitch. You're fired! Get him out of here!! :jump::mad::jump:

https://twitter.com/brennanmgilmore/status/911960316220764160

classhandicapper
09-25-2017, 11:40 AM

Not very good apparently.

My personal politics aren't that difficult or that extreme. These would be the top 4 right now.

1. Slow the growth of government spending so the country is on a long term sustainable path and we don't need draconian cuts in the future that will disrupt entire generations.

2. Less involvement militarily and politically overseas.

3. Immigration reform that allows immigrants to come to the US in numbers and with the skills that make sense for our country so we don't disrupt labor markets, border communities, law enforcement, and stress our already stressed social services. Better vetting of immigrants (no violent criminals, terrorist ties).

4. Trade deals that take workers into consideration and not just try to maximize profits for corporations.

classhandicapper
09-25-2017, 11:42 AM
Just a note.

To me personally:

The Tea Party movement was primarily made up of fiscal conservatives that were looking to reduce government spending and balance budgets. Many were libertarians. Some extreme anti government people were at the fringes, but that wasn't the movement.

The Alt Right movement is made up of nationalists. Those are people that want to put American first in all immigration, trade, and foreign policy decisions. The WHITE NATIONALISTS are not part of the core movement here either, but they latched on in the same way the anti government extremists latched on to the Tea Party.

I would say though, there are extremists on the left that latch on to democrats also. It inevitable.

I don't think you should attack a more mainstream movement that makes some sense by looking at the worst elements within it like the country has been doing for years. If you do that, we all suck.

reckless
09-25-2017, 11:52 AM
It's not quite the same thing. On a message board, you only upset yourself 50 times daily. 100 if you are a "conservative".

And a 1000 times if one is an idiot.

reckless
09-25-2017, 12:35 PM
My, my, my ...

It now looks like both the NBA and the NFL are digging in their heels in criticism against both the patriotic American citizen and President of the United States, Donald John Trump.

A few reminders:

Both the NFL and NBA are filled with players best known for beating up their wives and girlfriends rather for any athletic prowess.

Yet, Roger Goodell, the NFL commissioner, felt it necessary to criticise Trump in a memo the other day. Called him devisive. Go figure.

Goodell is the very same jack-off that was all set to give Ray Rice a free pass to play a few years back despite his violent history of abuse. He rescinded this OK only after TMZ produced a video of Rice punching out his fiancee in an elevator.

Both leagues are also filled with numerous players that have regularly used hard drugs and/or performance enhancing drugs.

The NFL, especially, are also filled with low-lives, drecks of a civil society. The latest example of that was yesterday: after each scoring a TD two players made disgusting, obscene gestures in full view of both the live crowd and TV audience -- such as what the two NY Giants did. Both play-acted a dog 'defecating' on the ground, with one 'burying' the junk.

And, of course, of course, there's the more common, low-class display of players' grabbing one's crotch after a TD or big play. You simply can't keep up with the number of animals that do this regularly.

And then, there is Black Lives Matter, a group that calls for the murder of police officers throughout the country.

The leagues defend and endorse BLM and the violent racism that this hate group espouses. And BLM is the violent oft-shoot of the hands-up, don't shoot hoax.

Robert Fischer
09-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Jesus, I googled and he's only 54 years old. Can that be right?

I know he does more coke than Michael Jordan on a ten day golf gambling binge, but can we please have a (second, properly done) re-make of Point Break?

These latest presidents are great caricatures in their own right. They deserve a bank robber 'mask' scene. Perhaps a rogue villain can don a Kim Jong Un mask as well??
I would shell out a couple Jacksons for tickets/popcorn to see that in theater.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0e/00/6b/0e006b9bebdd856fdb705e44f9a75898.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1453917.1379012291!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_750/mask13n-2-web.jpg (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/bandit-wearing-obama-mask-robs-new-hampshire-bank-cops-article-1.1453919)

https://i.amz.mshcdn.com/LMAJ2KVieRIc6LzBnVVaCLBNg5M=/1200x627/https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fstory%2Fth umbnail%2F52441%2F1ef638aa-0039-4a1a-ba9d-129da334a0dd.jpg (http://mashable.com/2017/07/25/trump-mask-robbers-italy/#mnqbEoHI0Oqn)

Fager Fan
09-25-2017, 12:47 PM
https://www.infowars.com/americans-nationwide-burn-nfl-tickets-shirts-in-solidarity-with-trump/

Examples of every day Joes and their reaction to the NFL.

Dahoss9698
09-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Anything that comes from Infowars HAS to be taken seriously :rolleyes:

Dahoss9698
09-25-2017, 01:40 PM
My, my, my ...

It now looks like both the NBA and the NFL are digging in their heels in criticism against both the patriotic American citizen and President of the United States, Donald John Trump.

A few reminders:

Both the NFL and NBA are filled with players best known for beating up their wives and girlfriends rather for any athletic prowess.

Yet, Roger Goodell, the NFL commissioner, felt it necessary to criticise Trump in a memo the other day. Called him devisive. Go figure.

Goodell is the very same jack-off that was all set to give Ray Rice a free pass to play a few years back despite his violent history of abuse. He rescinded this OK only after TMZ produced a video of Rice punching out his fiancee in an elevator.

Both leagues are also filled with numerous players that have regularly used hard drugs and/or performance enhancing drugs.

The NFL, especially, are also filled with low-lives, drecks of a civil society. The latest example of that was yesterday: after each scoring a TD two players made disgusting, obscene gestures in full view of both the live crowd and TV audience -- such as what the two NY Giants did. Both play-acted a dog 'defecating' on the ground, with one 'burying' the junk.

And, of course, of course, there's the more common, low-class display of players' grabbing one's crotch after a TD or big play. You simply can't keep up with the number of animals that do this regularly.

And then, there is Black Lives Matter, a group that calls for the murder of police officers throughout the country.

The leagues defend and endorse BLM and the violent racism that this hate group espouses. And BLM is the violent oft-shoot of the hands-up, don't shoot hoax.

Let me guess...you were totally fine with Trump's pussy grab comment?

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Let me guess...you were totally fine with Trump's pussy grab comment?It didn't seem to bother nearly 63M people enough to NOT vote for him...

Totally fine isn't what I would have used...

Valuist
09-25-2017, 01:46 PM
Just a note.

To me personally:

The Tea Party movement was primarily made up of fiscal conservatives that were looking to reduce government spending and balance budgets. Many were libertarians. Some extreme anti government people were at the fringes, but that wasn't the movement.

The Alt Right movement is made up of nationalists. Those are people that want to put American first in all immigration, trade, and foreign policy decisions. The WHITE NATIONALISTS are not part of the core movement here either, but they latched on in the same way the anti government extremists latched on to the Tea Party.

I would say though, there are extremists on the left that latch on to democrats also. It inevitable.

I don't think you should attack a more mainstream movement that makes some sense by looking at the worst elements within it like the country has been doing for years. If you do that, we all suck.

Well said, CH. :ThmbUp:

thaskalos
09-25-2017, 01:49 PM

C'mon...I think we should cut Trump some slack on this one. Those lewd comments were made back in 2005...when Trump was just 59 years old. People change...you know.

Fager Fan
09-25-2017, 02:08 PM
C'mon...I think we should cut Trump some slack on this one. Those lewd comments were made back in 2005...when Trump was just 59 years old. People change...you know.

Do you doubt what he said was the truth? That women are so easy for him to pick up that he could grab them in their privates and they'd still want to go home with him? So what? It's an exaggeration that speaks to a truth. It's partisan play to twist it to something it wasn't.

Some of you need to take a look at some of these women's "romance" novels and see the explicit sex written about there. Or that Shades of Gray book. Women can get raunchy too, and other women will make it a best seller. But oh, great offense to some male off-color private joking/bragging about their conquest of women.

elysiantraveller
09-25-2017, 02:13 PM
Do you doubt what he said was the truth? That women are so easy for him to pick up that he could grab them in their privates and they'd still want to go home with him? So what? It's an exaggeration that speaks to a truth. It's partisan play to twist it to something it wasn't.

Some of you need to take a look at some of these women's "romance" novels and see the explicit sex written about there. Or that Shades of Gray book. Women can get raunchy too, and other women will make it a best seller. But oh, great offense to some male off-color private joking/bragging about their conquest of women.

Holy F--- dude...

thaskalos
09-25-2017, 02:17 PM

Here is the video and transcript of that conversation...in case you want to refresh your memory of it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html?mcubz=1

Fager Fan
09-25-2017, 02:37 PM
Here is the video and transcript of that conversation...in case you want to refresh your memory of it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/donald-trump-tape-transcript.html?mcubz=1

Ok, I refreshed my memory, and it was correct. The only thing he said he actually did was kiss.

I'm sure none of the guys here have said anything in the last 15 years that would sound bad if it was released to the public. Particularly to some guy buddy.

The worst part of this to me is that it was disrespectful of his current wife.

The guy has his womanizing faults, but if liberals can defend Clinton for his, and JFK's for his, then they should do the same for Trump.

Clocker
09-25-2017, 02:50 PM
The guy has his womanizing faults, but if liberals can defend Clinton for his, and JFK's for his, then they should do the same for Trump.

If Republicans criticize Clinton and Kennedy, should they not apply the same standards to every president?

Fager Fan
09-25-2017, 03:16 PM
If Republicans criticize Clinton and Kennedy, should they not apply the same standards to every president?

Sure, I call them cheats myself, Clinton worse than just a cheat. I wouldn't want to be their spouse. But my argument about Clinton's "crime" that should've removed him from office was perjury, not anything to do with his cheating ways. And if his wife is corrupt, then so is he. So I'm not being inconsistent.

Fager Fan
09-25-2017, 03:21 PM
It's humorous, someone just posted a video in the Brad Free thread called "Shit horseplayers say", and one of them was "Man, the track is crawling with pussy today."

jay68802
09-25-2017, 03:44 PM
It's humorous, someone just posted a video in the Brad Free thread called "Shit horseplayers say", and one of them was "Man, the track is crawling with pussy today."

This was a comment on a very slow claiming race for Filly's and Mares....

Fager Fan
09-25-2017, 04:02 PM

Lol.

There's nothing women find more flattering than females being called pussy.

MargieRose
09-25-2017, 04:11 PM

When was the last time you heard a woman say: "Man, the track is crawling with cock today."?

Fager Fan, you are spot-on with everything that you have posted here, thus far! :ThmbUp:

Fager Fan
09-25-2017, 04:19 PM
When was the last time you heard a woman say: "Man, the track is crawling with cock today."?

Fager Fan, you are spot-on with everything that you have posted here, thus far! :ThmbUp:

Thanks Margie!

MargieRose
09-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Thanks Margie!
You are certainly welcome!

jay68802
09-25-2017, 04:37 PM

I have never heard that but i did here a lady say "that he just couldn't get up in time"....

Dahoss9698
09-25-2017, 04:56 PM

I gotta say...I've been calling you a moron for weeks now and I want to thank you for continuing to prove me right.

reckless
09-25-2017, 05:29 PM

Personally, I am not in favor of that kind of talk, even if it's just between two guys in an empty bus... even when one (Trump) doesn't know he was being set up. An insignificant matter to Trump haters, I know, but one that should also be noted.... for the record, of course.

Loved liberal icons such as serial sexual deviants and predators, Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton, did far worse things with women than Trump's vulgar p-garb talk.

So, let me guess... you are totally fine with all the gang bangers in the NFL and NBA with their 100s of out-of-wedlock kids with multiple women?? Or how about just the number of players charged with sexual assault and physical abuse to women in recent years, and the like?

Dahoss, I'll repeat again for the record: I am not in favor of that kind of talk.

reckless
09-25-2017, 05:46 PM

Very generous of you, giving Trump some 'slack' on this one. :lol::lol:

How old was Bill Clinton when he whipped out his johnson and said to Paula Jones: 'Kiss It!'?? 35-40 years old, older?? A mere lad, I guess.

But yet, I give him credit... Clinton did change with maturity, right?

It's now 1997-98 or so. He's now a 'mature' man (?) of 52 or so... and he's President of the USA even.

And, what did Clinton do with all this wisdom and respect for the Office and his country?

He shoved a cigar into a young intern's vagina!

woodtoo
09-25-2017, 06:41 PM
Found a website- NFL Arrest.com. Keep up with the latest crimes on your favorite team.

Tom
09-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Was there a doubt about this? :lol:

RunForTheRoses
09-25-2017, 08:30 PM
Found a website- NFL Arrest.com. Keep up with the latest crimes on your favorite team.

https://michaelsavage.com/2017/09/25/the-national-felons-league-is-spitting-on-america-not-the-fans/

delayjf
09-25-2017, 10:04 PM
The Alt Right movement is made up of nationalists. Those are people that want to put American first in all immigration, trade, and foreign policy decisions.

After watching previous administrations corn hole this country on immigration, trade, and foreign Policy, a little nationalist sentiment is not surprising.

BaffertsWig
09-26-2017, 08:15 AM
This Dallas newscaster NAILS it.

https://youtu.be/BNJUsE7pEs4

Dahoss9698
09-26-2017, 08:22 AM
This Dallas newscaster NAILS it.

https://youtu.be/BNJUsE7pEs4

"I served in the military during the Vietnam war and my foot hurt too."

That needs to be put on a t-shirt.