PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer race cards

lamboguy
09-21-2017, 08:30 AM
when they got forced to cutback their racing from 5 to 4 days a week they wound up making the most of it. they have been able to consistently put out 3 real good cards out of the 4 days. another thing that helped might have been getting rid of entry's. they do have a few high percentage trainers with a lot of horses, but they win less than 25% of the time.

i have to congratulate The Mountainman and the rest of the staff at the racing office for doing such a superior job this year. because i appreciate the hard work they put in, its the only track i am playing now on a consistent basis.

Dahoss9698
09-21-2017, 08:59 AM
when they got forced to cutback their racing from 5 to 4 days a week they wound up making the most of it. they have been able to consistently put out 3 real good cards out of the 4 days. another thing that helped might have been getting rid of entry's. they do have a few high percentage trainers with a lot of horses, but they win less than 25% of the time.

i have to congratulate The Mountainman and the rest of the staff at the racing office for doing such a superior job this year. because i appreciate the hard work they put in, its the only track i am playing now on a consistent basis.

I thought you weren't betting until spring?

mountainman
09-23-2017, 10:08 PM

Joe and I make the most of our purses and stock.

Aside from that, we were given a perfect rating by the ntra investigators. For professionalism, correct procedure, integrity, and the respect we have earned from horsemen, they rated us a "model program."

In fact, I got the impression that they consider some of our policies almost TOO straight-laced and stringent.

We are very proud of that.

TiffaniO
09-23-2017, 11:48 PM
I love MNR but my only complaint is that often in short fields, when there's 2 standouts, and two certain jocks are on these favs... they will give head scratching rides to these 2 chalks... and the one in particular who will one race ride the horse down the lane like he owns him... then in these situations he seems like he's out for a stroll...

Same thing used To happen with this jock when the former leading rider was there...however back then he was playing Robin to Batman but now he's Batman and there's a new Robin.

mountainman
09-24-2017, 10:19 AM
I love MNR but my only complaint is that often in short fields, when there's 2 standouts, and two certain jocks are on these favs... they will give head scratching rides to these 2 chalks... and the one in particular who will one race ride the horse down the lane like he owns him... then in these situations he seems like he's out for a stroll...

Same thing used To happen with this jock when the former leading rider was there...however back then he was playing Robin to Batman but now he's Batman and there's a new Robin.

These jocks stay nameless because you are afraid of offending them??

TiffaniO
09-24-2017, 12:56 PM
I don't name them because I don't keep making the same mistakes... and in 5 and 6 horse fields, when these two are on 2 standouts, I toss them now and I've made a few scores now...

You're a smart guy when it comes to handicapping... you have to realize the same thing and if not, once you watch it carefully, you will become enlightened.

If I give everyone the names, there goes my edge.

Lafecs
09-24-2017, 11:37 PM
If Quinones is Batman, who's Robin? I love what Mountaineer does, my only beef is their consistently whacky track bias.

AltonKelsey
09-24-2017, 11:44 PM
If Quinones is Batman, who's Robin? I love what Mountaineer does, my only beef is their consistently whacky track bias.

Nothing more boring or edgeless than a track with no bias, or one that doesn't shift.

Lafecs
09-24-2017, 11:56 PM
Yeah I hear you, but is the inside EVER good at the mountain?

Zaf
09-25-2017, 12:06 AM
Joe and I make the most of our purses and stock.

Aside from that, we were given a perfect rating by the ntra investigators. For professionalism, correct procedure, integrity, and the respect we have earned from horsemen, they rated us a "model program."

In fact, I got the impression that they consider some of our policies almost TOO straight-laced and stringent.

We are very proud of that.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Z

TiffaniO
09-25-2017, 01:08 AM

Inside is good when it's wet fast or very sloppy but when it starts drying out, it usually goes back outside again...

However recently I'd say the bias hasn't been that bad... leaders get out a couple paths but it's not the further out the better, like it is at times... however, I'd prefer it that way!

TiffaniO
09-25-2017, 01:09 AM
Nothing more boring or edgeless than a track with no bias, or one that doesn't shift.

I agree

TiffaniO
10-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Race 4; $$$$$$

mountainman
10-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Race 4; $$$$$$

I knocked the Shilling-trained favorite on the air and tabbed the 9/2 winner on top. Predictable race.

Elliott Sidewater
10-17-2017, 10:23 AM

YES, read last night's charts and I think you'll get the evidence that the inside can be good.

TiffaniO
10-17-2017, 01:40 PM
I knocked the Shilling-trained favorite on the air and tabbed the 9/2 winner on top. Predictable race.

BOTH off the board was predictable? But also odd that the chalk showed no glimpse of early speed, makes a middle move and falters... if he is in front and stops, more understandable to me. Hope it continues �� Unfortunately this play doesn't pop up often!

mountainman
10-17-2017, 02:32 PM
BOTH off the board was predictable? But also odd that the chalk showed no glimpse of early speed, makes a middle move and falters... if he is in front and stops, more understandable to me. Hope it continues �� Unfortunately this play doesn't pop up often!

With all respect, sir. I don't think you quite grasp the concept here. I'm ON RECORD BEFORE THE RACE selecting the 9/2 winner on top and tossing daggers at the chalk. So it WOULD naturally follow that I found the result (and running) quite predictable.

Conversely, you're claiming after the fact to have cashed in, and contending the race was larcenous????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Again, my pre-race commentary WOULD tend to blow that theory RIGHT out of the water, sir.

Unless, of course, I'm some uninformed stabber who simply got lucky and guessed right-which is not the general consensus about my work.

mountainman
10-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Well as I said before... I'll be more than glad not to share any other profitable angles ��

Actually with all due respect, you poke holes in lots of horses but still put them on your list of selections... what were your 4 selections for the race??? Did you have BOTH favs out of the top 4? So the way you are doing it is... if I poke holes and they misfire, I take credit... if they hit the board, I can still have them on my super ticket. I wasn't listening so maybe you did toss both and if so I congratulate you. It didn't take much handicapping... toss the 2 favs and hope for chaos.

I've just noticed quite a profitable trend... nothing larcenous... just like certain angles of trainers and jocks with high ROIs. Maybe there's a valid reason that this happens frequently...

Like I said too bad the scenario doesn't come up more frequently.

And why would I post it all before the race? A couple of extra tickets can kill your tri and super prices with small pools. In this case the wager of $180 for the super, $120 for the tri, returns $788.95 for the super and $264.20 for the tri... a little light in my opinion, but who knows how many others have picked up on this "trend". I'm just thankful that the super is no longer a signer due to the new laws.

Too bad this angle doesn't come into play tonight or tomorrow.

This post contradicts itself three times (that I noticed) and completely miscontrues the appropriate role of a racing analyst. No middle ground here. We live in separate realities. Peace and good luck. Sincerely.

AltonKelsey
10-17-2017, 05:53 PM
I see more peculiar rides at NYRA in one day than a weeks worth at the MNR.

If you have some theory about jocks then you have to post the play in advance. Cherry picking random results as proof is invalid to say the least.

mountainman
10-18-2017, 03:00 PM

Omg! Sorry for not realizing you're a lady. Not sure why I thought you were a guy who had posted a female picture he admired. Brain freeze. My bad, maam.