PDA

View Full Version : IOS 11 weird thing

JustRalph
09-20-2017, 07:48 PM
I upgraded yesterday on one iPad. So far I love it.

One weird thing though. In the new "control center" if you toggle off the WiFi or Bluetooth, you are just disconnecting, not turning the radios off. You could still be vulnerable. It also will not save you any battery. You must go into "settings" to actually turn the radios off. Why? IDK? It’s Apple?

Otherwise, I really like it

_______
09-21-2017, 12:30 AM
That's a bother but you can still disable both in settings, just not in the control center.

I haven't updated yet while splurging on all the 32 bit games that will likely never get updated to work in the new iOS. If you haven't already updated and want to know which apps won't work in 11, go to Settings, General, About, and Applications. All the 32 bit apps will appear in a list there.

judd
09-24-2017, 09:29 AM
I upgraded yesterday on one iPad. So far I love it.

One weird thing though. In the new "control center" if you toggle off the WiFi or Bluetooth, you are just disconnecting, not turning the radios off. You could still be vulnerable. It also will not save you any battery. You must go into "settings" to actually turn the radios off. Why? IDK? It’s Apple?

Otherwise, I really like it

Just upgraded, what’s so different?

JustRalph
09-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Just upgraded, what’s so different?

The big difference for me is that safari runs faster and smoother, and the app switcher.....but here’s a bunch more

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ios-11/