PDA

View Full Version : Betting Preseaon Football

cj
08-12-2004, 06:45 AM
Does anyone here bet pre season football, or exhibtion baseball for that matter? I remember being in Vegas watching people bet exhibtion baseball and was just stunned.

I honestly think anyone betting this stuff very possibly has a gambling problem, but what do I know.

andicap
08-12-2004, 10:31 AM
My cousin and I useused a method in the NCAA tourney that involves no handicapping whatsoever and we made decent money.
It might work in the pre-season. It works best on events where the betting lines tend to move.

Check the betting line in the morning newspaper (USA Today will do. We used the NY Daily News or the Post)

If the line moves at least 1 point in the underdog's direction, bet the dog. If not bet the favorite.

That's it. Not vouching for it working long-term but in pre-season football for much of the money is probably informed it might do well.

Doesn't work as well in BIG EVENTS where there's a ton of outside money from regular yokels.

betchatoo
08-12-2004, 10:38 AM
For several years I had a system that has worked well (about 65%). Bet any team that has played a game against any team that has not if the are a dog or less than a 3 point favorite

kenwoodallpromos
08-12-2004, 04:01 PM
Bet the team with the deepest receiving gore.

Shacopate
08-13-2004, 12:33 AM
Trainer, I mean "Coach" intent. Some coaches like to win to build confidence, some don't want to get anybody hurt.

Teams with good backup QB's. I used to like 49ers back in the Montana-Young days.

Green Bay deserves a look with Favre/Couch/Peterson.

My favorite angle in regular season in to play against the rookie QB on the road against a tough defense. Usually a crush.

I remember when Ryan Leaf went into Arrowhead, back when the Chiefs played defense. It was ugly. Something like 23-0.

A pure athelete like Micheal Vick would be the exception.

If Eli starts at Philly this year he's in for a long day.

JustRalph
08-13-2004, 02:15 AM
Reminds me of those "trials races" where the horses are trying to qualify for a big race. I never bet anything like that. I think they are always saving something for the big race.........how do you handicap that?