PDA

View Full Version : He was a She

upthecreek
09-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Unbelievable Wrong Horse runs
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/wrong-horse-runs-wins-remington-park/#.Wb6_QJpFH2I.twitter

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2017, 04:39 PM
And this just happens to occur on the night the "regular horse ID person wasn't working."

You can't make this stuff up...

cj
09-17-2017, 04:51 PM
And this just happens to occur on the night the "regular horse ID person wasn't working."

You can't make this stuff up...

They asked me to fill in at the last minute. It's not my fault!

Trips
09-17-2017, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=cj;2220979]They asked me to fill in at the last minute. It's not my fault![/
You should have used the Braille system of reading. No mistake that way.;)

VigorsTheGrey
09-17-2017, 05:15 PM
When prior to the race does the lip number check occur...?

Does this happen each and every time or just done sporadically...? Is this check something that can be problematic or easy to miss, get wrong. etc...

I have never seen anybody check lip ID's while in the paddock, so it must be done at least 30 minutes prior...or maybe they just check the winner after...

I have no idea how it works...anyone know...?

therussmeister
09-17-2017, 05:59 PM

Does this happen each and every time or just done sporadically...? Is this check something that can be problematic or easy to miss, get wrong. etc...

I have never seen anybody check lip ID's while in the paddock, so it must be done at least 30 minutes prior...or maybe they just check the winner after...

Back in pre-simulcast days when I would go to the paddock I would always see them checking tattoos, so I'm guessing it is done at different times at different racetracks.

Fager Fan
09-17-2017, 06:32 PM

They're checked as they come in the paddock. As you can imagine, any other time could lead to running ringers.

You may not notice it unless you're looking, but you'll see the groom stop the horse while someone with a clipboard lifts the upper lip. In a few years, most all will have been chipped so it'll be a scanner over the shoulder.

VigorsTheGrey
09-17-2017, 07:16 PM
They're checked as they come in the paddock. As you can imagine, any other time could lead to running ringers.

You may not notice it unless you're looking, but you'll see the groom stop the horse while someone with a clipboard lifts the upper lip. In a few years, most all will have been chipped so it'll be a scanner over the shoulder.

And just who is that someone who lifts the lips and checks...what is his job title and description...is that all he does all day or is this just one small task of a larger job under the racing secretary...?

Fager Fan
09-17-2017, 08:51 PM
And just who is that someone who lifts the lips and checks...what is his job title and description...is that all he does all day or is this just one small task of a larger job under the racing secretary...?

It's the Horse Identifier. They also handle all the registration papers for the horses on the track/in the races.

VigorsTheGrey
09-17-2017, 09:14 PM
It's the Horse Identifier. They also handle all the registration papers for the horses on the track/in the races.

Sounds like an interesting and important job...a combination of office and field work...great work environment, opportunity to learn a lot, meet people and interact with equine stars, nice...!

Prof.Factor
09-17-2017, 09:15 PM
Ohio also performs redundancy check of the winner before posting race Official. You can watch the identifier in the winner circle give the "OK" wave to the officials. They started doing it when Spiess got a couple 80-1 shot horse-switched winners thru. One of which was a 5yo male in against 3yo fillies. Got past all those expert horsemen on the track too.

NY BRED
09-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Further investigation revealed the mare was actually Zenyatta
in a for a proper before returning to Ca.

:puke:

AltonKelsey
09-17-2017, 09:46 PM
Back in pre-simulcast days when I would go to the paddock I would always see them checking tattoos, so I'm guessing it is done at different times at different racetracks.

In NY I know they use tattoos and pictures of the horses markings. Been doing it that way for decades. Still up to the Horse ID guy to do their job, else, forget it

biggestal99
09-18-2017, 02:56 PM
The horses in question have completely different markings.

glad I didn't bet the exchange in that race. I would have lost my shirt betting against the Broberg chalkie.

Allan

proximity
09-18-2017, 08:50 PM
“There was an egregious mistake and I just can't talk about it further,” Broberg told the Paulick Report on Sunday. “Obviously it is very embarrassing. I've already talked to the owners that were involved. My intentions are to make the purse right with them. We'll have to see how it plays out from there.”

what does broberg mean by this?

Fager Fan
09-18-2017, 10:11 PM
“There was an egregious mistake and I just can't talk about it further,” Broberg told the Paulick Report on Sunday. “Obviously it is very embarrassing. I've already talked to the owners that were involved. My intentions are to make the purse right with them. We'll have to see how it plays out from there.”

what does broberg mean by this?

I assume he means he plans to pay the owners of both horses the winning purse amount.

Hambletonian
09-20-2017, 06:18 PM
In Hong Kong they would probably ban everyone involved for life.

chadk66
09-20-2017, 07:10 PM
identifier also tattoo's the two year olds before they race for the first time. it's usually done at the track also.

green80
09-20-2017, 07:27 PM
The identifier has to match the letter and numbers under the horses lip to what is on their clipboard. A third grader could do if if he had somebody to lift the horses lip.

First the track vet checks the tattoo when he does the pre race vet check.

Second the identifier checks the tattoo in the paddock.

Third the Paddock judge checks the markings on the horse.

Did Broberg or an assistant saddle? They should know their own horses.

And they are telling us everybody failed these simple task.

And nobody at the track could tell a mare from a gelding?

This deal stinks and I think the public is being fed a line of BS.

highnote
09-20-2017, 07:36 PM
I guess the old grey mare ain't what she used to be.

cj
09-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Anybody heard a follow up on this? I wonder if Equibase has corrected the charts? I definitely have to update some speed figures I would imagine.

cj
09-20-2017, 09:16 PM
Anybody heard a follow up on this? I wonder if Equibase has corrected the charts? I definitely have to update some speed figures I would imagine.

I checked, the charts are not updated to reflect which horses actually ran in the races.

For those keeping track, both are Remington.

9-4-2017, R8, Onemorefastdance probably didn't race, it waas most likely Collateral Kitten that finished fourth, though I haven't seen this confirmed.

9-16-2017, R5, Collateral Kitten didn't actually race and win, it was Onemorefastdance.

cj
09-20-2017, 09:40 PM
Broberg running horses (and winning) at Remington tonight. Sad that he can't be banned until this is sorted out.

VigorsTheGrey
09-20-2017, 09:58 PM
So how do they sequence the tatoos when they first place them on the horses...? How many letters and numbers are in the tatoo...do they go by year and foal number like, 2015-1586...?

Or maybe a letter to designate gender M-F, then year of birth, then foal number...

I do not see why I cannot ask this question...without it being deleted, it is not off the topic...maybe someone here knows the answer to a simple question...

Dahoss9698
09-20-2017, 10:57 PM
Broberg running horses (and winning) at Remington tonight. Sad that he can't be banned until this is sorted out.

To be honest I feel like this situation is way worse than what Jorge Navarro did in the video that everyone is so up in arms about.

outofthebox
09-20-2017, 11:04 PM
So how do they sequence the tatoos when they first place them on the horses...? How many letters and numbers are in the tatoo...do they go by year and foal number like, 2015-1586...?

Or maybe a letter to designate gender M-F, then year of birth, then foal number...

I do not see why I cannot ask this question...without it being deleted, it is not off the topic...maybe someone here knows the answer to a simple question...For example. Horse i.d will come and tattoo your 2yo before he is eligible to run. You give the them the foal papers and they check all the markings, and make sure they match. After they approve the markings, they tattoo the horse with the registration number that goes along with the papers. D'wildamber is a 2015 foal that i tattooed earlier this month. So her number on her papers start with 1516572. Now the tattoo man replaces the 15 with a letter, which just happens to be an S this year. So the tattoo will read as S16572. All papers are put into the racing office at the start of the meet. When a horse is in that day, it is checked for pre race exam by state vet who has copy of tattoo number. The horse id person with have the foal papers in the paddock and check tattoo and markings of the horse.

VigorsTheGrey
09-20-2017, 11:25 PM
For example. Horse i.d will come and tattoo your 2yo before he is eligible to run. You give the them the foal papers and they check all the markings, and make sure they match. After they approve the markings, they tattoo the horse with the registration number that goes along with the papers. D'wildamber is a 2015 foal that i tattooed earlier this month. So her number on her papers start with 1516572. Now the tattoo man replaces the 15 with a letter, which just happens to be an S this year. So the tattoo will read as S16572. All papers are put into the racing office at the start of the meet. When a horse is in that day, it is checked for pre race exam by state vet who has copy of tattoo number. The horse id person with have the foal papers in the paddock and check tattoo and markings of the horse.

Saw the video: http://www.thehorse.com/videos/30371/how-to-read-a-horses-lip-tattoo

The example horse had a "K" first letter...so I guess that was quite awhile ago since we are around "S" now, I guess...there is probably some master cross reference letter w/ year foaled....Interesting that different breeds have different tattoos but I guess most cross refer to registration number...https://www.thoughtco.com/horse-identification-lip-tattoos-1881670
http://www.trpb.com/tattoo.html
http://www.horsedocblog.com/blog/

VigorsTheGrey
09-21-2017, 12:17 AM
"They use a special twitch that holds the entire lip inside out (or turned up)...http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:Tox0nlC_3sS1aM:http://www.netposse.com/TB_tattoo_copyrighted.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.netposse.com/TB_tattoo_copyrighted.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.netposse.com/lip.tattoo.search.htm&h=261&w=300&sz=18&hl=en&start=8&um=1&tbnid=Tox0nlC_3sS1aM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlip%2Btattoos%2Bhorse%26um%3D1%26hl%3 Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1T4GZHY_enUS239US239%26sa %3DN)

One letter or number is dipped in ink, and pushed in...repeat in a line untill all are finished. The letters or numbers are made up of tiny prongs.

The horses are not sedated, and it really doesnt look like it bothers them much...I did have one filly lay down when the first one was pushed in...and I did feel bad for her!"
http://myhorseforum.com/threads/how-do-they-lip-tattoo-a-horse.193956/

cj
09-21-2017, 08:49 AM
To be honest I feel like this situation is way worse than what Jorge Navarro did in the video that everyone is so up in arms about.

Totally agree.

VigorsTheGrey
09-21-2017, 01:22 PM
When and where is the Vet check performed...? Seems like it would be an onerous task to check thoroughly up to 14 horses in a very short time just before they leave to go to the paddock to be saddled...and then follow them out on the track, watching all of them warm up, and scratching some if need be..

Racehorses are naturally skittish animals and do not like anyone messing with them...I can see how turning the lip on 12 animals could take awhile....it would make sense if the Horse IDer had turned back the lip prior to the vet doing the Vet check...I never have seen any lip checking done in the paddock while saddling...I can see how a person who is not "the regular IDer" might not be able to check all the horses...

Fager Fan
09-21-2017, 02:41 PM
When and where is the Vet check performed...? Seems like it would be an onerous task to check thoroughly up to 14 horses in a very short time just before they leave to go to the paddock to be saddled...and then follow them out on the track, watching all of them warm up, and scratching some if need be..

Racehorses are naturally skittish animals and do not like anyone messing with them...I can see how turning the lip on 12 animals could take awhile....it would make sense if the Horse IDer had turned back the lip prior to the vet doing the Vet check...I never have seen any lip checking done in the paddock while saddling...I can see how a person who is not "the regular IDer" might not be able to check all the horses...

The vet checks occur the morning of the race. They go barn to barn looking at the horses who are entered that day. I've never heard that they have a problem seeing all the horses on their rounds. If they did, then it should be solved easily enough by hiring another vet.

The horse identifier is there during the races, and heads out to the paddock prior to the horses enter for each race. The horses come in and then stop for the identifier to check them off. They'll never make it to the saddling enclosure if they haven't already been checked off by the identifier. It doesn't take long at all to flip up the lip and read the tattoo.

There's really not much to understand how this happened innocently.

VigorsTheGrey
09-21-2017, 03:06 PM
The vet checks occur the morning of the race. They go barn to barn looking at the horses who are entered that day. I've never heard that they have a problem seeing all the horses on their rounds. If they did, then it should be solved easily enough by hiring another vet.

The horse identifier is there during the races, and heads out to the paddock prior to the horses enter for each race. The horses come in and then stop for the identifier to check them off. They'll never make it to the saddling enclosure if they haven't already been checked off by the identifier. It doesn't take long at all to flip up the lip and read the tattoo.

There's really not much to understand how this happened innocently.

I agree, but it is also bizarre how the deliberate exchange of horses SO different in appearance, markings, tattoos and gender could ever be thought to have worked to deceive...and surely the price to pay for being caught is not worth the effort...so I'm kind of looking at it like some kind of circus mix-up, where the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing...but either way, it doesn't look too swell...

Fager Fan
09-21-2017, 03:18 PM
I agree, but it is also bizarre how the deliberate exchange of horses SO different in appearance, markings, tattoos and gender could ever be thought to have worked to deceive...and surely the price to pay for being caught is not worth the effort...so I'm kind of looking at it like some kind of circus mix-up, where the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing...but either way, it doesn't look too swell...

I didn't get my previous post edited in time, but the last sentence should've read that it's hard to think that this was innocent unless the trainer/barn is guilty of complete incompetence.

I've heard that some barns do manage to get through the day with very little structure and are an overall mess. I agree with you that this seems like a pretty brazen attempt at running a ringer to bring the opposite sex and one with different markings to the paddock, so I guess I'll go with gross incompetence.

VigorsTheGrey
09-21-2017, 06:25 PM
I didn't get my previous post edited in time, but the last sentence should've read that it's hard to think that this was innocent unless the trainer/barn is guilty of complete incompetence.

I've heard that some barns do manage to get through the day with very little structure and are an overall mess. I agree with you that this seems like a pretty brazen attempt at running a ringer to bring the opposite sex and one with different markings to the paddock, so I guess I'll go with gross incompetence.

Probably the result of being spread too thin with barn help to send the wrong horse over...it might be something more careless if Broberg himself was doing the saddling or was there overseeing the help at the time...other than that, it looks a tad bad for the vet to miss it but not that much of a stretch, and do the Horse IDer's always check every horse all the time....? Probably not, though I really don't know for sure...and they did catch it later, at least...

Broberg can always chalk it up to a careless mistake made by his help...(What, does anyone really think that any trainer in his right mind would knowingly try to substitute a 6 year old mare, in this case, as a Ringer for a 4 year old gelding...?)

I think it might be interesting to know if any unusual betting on the winner occurred such that the horse was bet down harder than his PP's and ML would reasonably suggest...but nothing really can be made of that...stuff happens..

Fager Fan
09-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Probably the result of being spread too thin with barn help to send the wrong horse over...it might be something more careless if Broberg himself was doing the saddling or was there overseeing the help at the time...other than that, it looks a tad bad for the vet to miss it but not that much of a stretch, and do the Horse IDer's always check every horse all the time....? Probably not, though I really don't know for sure...and they did catch it later, at least...

Broberg can always chalk it up to a careless mistake made by his help...(What, does anyone really think that any trainer in his right mind would knowingly try to substitute a 6 year old mare, in this case, as a Ringer for a 4 year old gelding...?)

I think it might be interesting to know if any unusual betting on the winner occurred such that the horse was bet down harder than his PP's and ML would reasonably suggest...but nothing really can be made of that...stuff happens..

There's no indication the vet missed it (assuming it was vetted).

If we go with the total incompetence theory, then I imagine the scenario was this:

Correct horse was vetted, given pre-race meds, and water removed from his stall. Nearing race time, the groom was either new or wasn't the groom for this particular horse, and without nameplates on the halters, grabbed the wrong horse and took it to the paddock. The identifier missed it, the saddler (trainer, assistant?) missed it (big yikes at that one), the horse ran, and I'm guessing it was caught after the race. Paulick's report I think untintentionally was misleading to some to think it was never caught by anyone because it said the PR was told of what happened when contacted by the breeder. I haven't read any follow ups to know if what I suspect, that they did catch the error post-race, is true.

So, all in all it proved that a horse doesn't have to get any pre-race meds and can keep his (or her) water and still win. 😀

green80
09-21-2017, 07:02 PM

I have never run at or even been to a track where the Identifier did not check every horse, every time. That is their job.

You made a coupe of interesting points. Usually when one tries to run a ringer it is a similar looking horse and of the same sex. I'm amazed no one in the saddling paddock noticed there was a gelding in the race for mares. Wouldn't take much of a horseperson to see that.

There should be people in the mutual dept that watch for unusual betting activity. All tracks can see the time a bet was made and pull the film from that window at that time and see who made the bet.

I find it hard to believe you can have such incompetence from so many people at the same time.

VigorsTheGrey
09-21-2017, 07:44 PM
There's no indication the vet missed it (assuming it was vetted).

If we go with the total incompetence theory, then I imagine the scenario was this:

Correct horse was vetted, given pre-race meds, and water removed from his stall. Nearing race time, the groom was either new or wasn't the groom for this particular horse, and without nameplates on the halters, grabbed the wrong horse and took it to the paddock. The identifier missed it, the saddler (trainer, assistant?) missed it (big yikes at that one), the horse ran, and I'm guessing it was caught after the race. Paulick's report I think untintentionally was misleading to some to think it was never caught by anyone because it said the PR was told of what happened when contacted by the breeder. I haven't read any follow ups to know if what I suspect, that they did catch the error post-race, is true.

So, all in all it proved that a horse doesn't have to get any pre-race meds and can keep his (or her) water and still win. 😀

Obviously, I have no idea what occurred, so i really should not be commenting on any of it...but it does give me an excuse to explore the backside and race time protocols a bit. If what you say is true about the groom grabbing the wrong horse, he could have only done this back at the trainer's barn, right...?

Isn't there a non-barn, non-paddock area where the Identified horses for the upcoming race wait until all the horses are IDed and they go over to the paddock in a file, together, so that such a mistake could not be made...?

In other countries I see the grooms wearing saddle cloths with the same number as their charges...as if there was a procedure of accompaniment (assigned Grooms alongside IDed and Vetted horses) at this critical juncture prior to the race.

BrentT
09-22-2017, 02:54 AM
Highly unlikely this falls on the groom. The groom knows the horses they take care of better than anyone, they(most grooms)are with them or around them about 14 hours a day or more as most live at the barn or a tack room near by. The groom is not going to knowingly take the wrong horse to the paddock, unless instructed by the trainer or an assistant.

The trainer in this circumstance is without a doubt a cheat/liar/shot taker/etc.
There's a reason he owns 50% or more of the horses he has in training, most owners don't want to put up with all his ego B.S. I know this from first hand experience. I'm totally ashamed I ever paid this scumball a dime.

He was barred from Remington for the past couple years, gets back in this year and pulls this stunt. How they let him back in the first place is beyond belief.

cj
09-22-2017, 09:10 AM
He wasn't barred from Remington, at least not on paper.

cj
09-22-2017, 11:09 AM
I did hear from a few sources that Mr. Broberg hadn't been at Remington in a year, but returned to Remington Park that day or the day before.

While it was said the regular horse identifier wasn't working that night, that doesn't explain the first incident back on September 4th. That guy hasn't been back to work since this all came to light.

Fager Fan
09-22-2017, 11:44 AM
I did hear from a few sources that Mr. Broberg hadn't been at Remington in a year, but returned to Remington Park that day or the day before.

While it was said the regular horse identifier wasn't working that night, that doesn't explain the first incident back on September 4th. That guy hasn't been back to work since this all came to light.

Is anyone reporting on this outside of PR's initial article?

chadk66
09-22-2017, 12:21 PM
The identifier has to match the letter and numbers under the horses lip to what is on their clipboard. A third grader could do if if he had somebody to lift the horses lip.

First the track vet checks the tattoo when he does the pre race vet check.

Second the identifier checks the tattoo in the paddock.

Third the Paddock judge checks the markings on the horse.

Did Broberg or an assistant saddle? They should know their own horses.

And they are telling us everybody failed these simple task.

And nobody at the track could tell a mare from a gelding?

This deal stinks and I think the public is being fed a line of BS.have you ever read a tattoo? doesn't take long and they can get kinda hard to read. If the number was close to what it should be it's really easy to miss it. I'm not trying to make excuses but humans are involved and that's really all that needs to be said.

chadk66
09-22-2017, 12:25 PM
my guess is the vet in the morning looked at the right horse. good help in the barn area is nearly impossible to find. so groom got drunk, high or whatever and brought the wrong horse up. trainer/assistant trainer has way too many horses and doesn't know one from the other. trusts groom to know what the hell he/she is doing. Identifier flat ass dropped the ball.

VigorsTheGrey
09-22-2017, 12:33 PM

Is it the mare that is all bay with a single star on her forehead and a brand on her left rear hind...? Is it the gelding with the bordered blaze....were these two horses the subjects in the Sept 4 mix up as well...?

cj
09-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Is anyone reporting on this outside of PR's initial article?

I really have no idea. Has Paulick followed up? I asked Equibase about the process for changing the charts. It is being looked into.

ultracapper
09-23-2017, 01:03 AM
Saw the title of this thread and I thought it was about RR.

Sorry mods. Had to take one more shot.

I'm done. No more. I promise.

MonmouthParkJoe
09-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Seems like a case of "good enough". Those tattoos tend to bleed together and get harder to read as time goes on. A nondescript race at a lower level track, who cares right?

I have thought this for a long time, in any racing official position you get what you pay for. Most tracks the pay is pretty bad. If you want the position taken seriously and follow best practices, pay the right person for it. They stand to lose alot more from a mistake like this.

BrentT
09-23-2017, 08:15 PM
He wasn't barred from Remington, at least not on paper.

He absolutely was barred from there. Just re-instated this meet.
I had horses with him, and recall him complaining abouty not being able to run there, which I wanted to say it's your own fault, but bit my tongue.

This paticular trainer has no care in the world for the animals. Never sees most of them. It's all a numbers game to him period. Not a good horseman by any means, but does get the job done at the bottom level with the help from something besides good feed and having thier teeth done.

cj
09-23-2017, 08:28 PM
He absolutely was barred from there. Just re-instated this meet.
I had horses with him, and recall him complaining abouty not being able to run there, which I wanted to say it's your own fault, but bit my tongue.

This paticular trainer has no care in the world for the animals. Never sees most of them. It's all a numbers game to him period. Not a good horseman by any means, but does get the job done at the bottom level with the help from something besides good feed and having thier teeth done.

You could be right, but I'll have to look that up. It must have been 2014. I thought you meant recently. He had a ton of runners in 2013, none in 2014, then a ton in 2015 and 2016 and is on pace for the same this year...for now.

It doesn't make any sense that he would be barred from the grounds but allowed to run hundreds of horses in his own name.

Side note...all the data is still showing the wrong horses at Equibase. Wonder what happens if these horses run back soon.

mountainman
09-23-2017, 10:33 PM
Hated that job. Fuzzy tats, wound-up horses. Not a job I would work again.

ubercapper
09-25-2017, 10:06 AM
You could be right, but I'll have to look that up. It must have been 2014. I thought you meant recently. He had a ton of runners in 2013, none in 2014, then a ton in 2015 and 2016 and is on pace for the same this year...for now.

It doesn't make any sense that he would be barred from the grounds but allowed to run hundreds of horses in his own name.

Side note...all the data is still showing the wrong horses at Equibase. Wonder what happens if these horses run back soon.

As soon as an official ruling from the stewards, commission (or whatever other body issues such rulings) is received the chart will be updated.

cj
10-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Amazingly, this still hasn't been addressed. One race was almost a month ago, the other two weeks ago. If you check charts or PPs they are still showing the wrong horses.

PaceAdvantage
10-05-2017, 10:01 AM
The racing industry is rife with incompetence.

VigorsTheGrey
10-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes...? Or who watches the watchers..? Hence the function of a free press...until of course when all the free press is owned and run by the watchers themselves, which is what we have today...and the independent press, in this case, cj, brings it to our attention, but cj is not mainstream, and the public, fashioned to imbibe only from their regular nurses, shuns the rich milk...

Fager Fan
10-05-2017, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't expect the chart to change until it's officially changed by the stewards or ruling body.

I'm just confused whether anyone at the track is doing anything. Maybe I missed it, but has the trainer been charged yet with running a ringer (accidentally or not)? I haven't seen anything other than the first article at PR that started this thread. I could've missed it, but don't think anyone's posted here links to more news on this.

cj
10-05-2017, 02:51 PM
I wouldn't expect the chart to change until it's officially changed by the stewards or ruling body.

I'm just confused whether anyone at the track is doing anything. Maybe I missed it, but has the trainer been charged yet with running a ringer (accidentally or not)? I haven't seen anything other than the first article at PR that started this thread. I could've missed it, but don't think anyone's posted here links to more news on this.

I agree about the chart. Neither horse has been entered back yet. I tend to think maybe they aren't allowed right now. It would be very problematic if they were allowed to run before something is done, particularly in regard to past performances and eligibility conditions.

It really is mind boggling how there is nothing being reported on this. I even asked Paulick on Twitter for an update but haven't gotten a response.

Fager Fan
10-05-2017, 04:05 PM
I agree about the chart. Neither horse has been entered back yet. I tend to think maybe they aren't allowed right now. It would be very problematic if they were allowed to run before something is done, particularly in regard to past performances and eligibility conditions.

It really is mind boggling how there is nothing being reported on this. I even asked Paulick on Twitter for an update but haven't gotten a response.

I googled and the last I can find is a daily racing form article from September 20, saying it is being investigated. So I guess it's only been a couple weeks which isn't too long.

I totally forgot this is the same man whose wife fell overboard on a carnival cruise line and was lost at sea.

I guess he'd at least have an interesting biography.

BrentT
10-06-2017, 12:23 AM
Best thing to do if you want a response is call remington, ask for the stewards, then ask them. If enough calls come thru they will get it to speeding up, they dont want to answer the publics voice everyday numerous times.

cj
10-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Made some calls today. Commission had a hearing scheduled but it was postponed. Should be soon.

fouroneone
10-11-2017, 11:41 PM
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/view-eighth-pole-obstruction-oklahoma/

7 days suspension without pay

BrentT
10-12-2017, 12:03 AM
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/view-eighth-pole-obstruction-oklahoma/

7 days suspension without pay

What a joke.
I'm sure they were all in on it, absolutely had to be.

cj
10-12-2017, 12:32 AM
pathetic.

fouroneone
10-13-2017, 12:23 AM
People should be in jail over this. The ORC and RP are toilet bowls for this industry.

johnhannibalsmith
10-13-2017, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't bother even reading the rules of that shit jurisdiction if that's the sort of ruling you'd have to worry about running there.

cj
10-15-2017, 06:05 PM
This is getting worse instead of better. They "DQed" the horses in question, but the charts still list the wrong horses. If it isn't fixed, these horses running lines will show races they didn't even run in, but will look like they did.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?RACE=8&BorP=P&TID=RP&CTRY=USA&DT=09/04/2017&DAY=D&STYLE=EQB

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=RP&raceDate=09/16/2017&cy=USA&rn=5

It has only been a month and a half since the first wrong horse ran and a month since the second incident.

Fager Fan
10-15-2017, 10:44 PM
This is getting worse instead of better. They "DQed" the horses in question, but the charts still list the wrong horses. If it isn't fixed, these horses running lines will show races they didn't even run in, but will look like they did.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbPDFChartPlus.cfm?RACE=8&BorP=P&TID=RP&CTRY=USA&DT=09/04/2017&DAY=D&STYLE=EQB

http://www.equibase.com/premium/chartEmb.cfm?track=RP&raceDate=09/16/2017&cy=USA&rn=5

It has only been a month and a half since the first wrong horse ran and a month since the second incident.

I'm sure they'll change the charts. Equibase had to wait for it to be official.

cj
10-15-2017, 11:04 PM
I'm sure they'll change the charts. Equibase had to wait for it to be official.

You obviously didn't bother looking at the links I posted.

They did change the charts, but they didn't change the horses. They now show the wrong horses are "DQed". They added a note to the bottom that, to be nice, is misleading as hell. I could argue they are flat out falsehoods.

They should have changed the names to the horses that actually ran. Hopefully they will before the horses run back.

cj
10-16-2017, 05:55 PM
They're fixed!

BrentT
10-18-2017, 11:48 PM
They're fixed!

Just in time for him to enter the horses in a $130k race
What a fkin sham these commissions are. Unbelievable.

I'd highly advise everyone to Call remington and ask for the steweards, and give them a peice of your mind. The public has completely been defrauded here. It will only take you 60 seconds.