PDA

View Full Version : Which Bris Pace figures to use?

Gasser57
09-15-2017, 02:30 PM
I'm trying out the pace handicapping outlined in Brisnet's "An Effective Pace Handicapping Process" newsletter and had some questions about which pace figures to use when trying to piece together how a race might play out.

With Brisnet PPs, should I use the figures in the Race Summary in the Avg Dist/Surf column, the figures under the Last Race columns at the bottom-right, or perhaps look at several of the most recent race lines for each horse and come up with averages?

Or, for example say I've determined the pace of a race to be "Fast Early" with considerable pace pressure. Is it helpful to look for a similar pace race in the race lines that have high shape numbers, e.g. +15, and maybe use the pace and speed figures from that race to get the best idea of how a horse will run in this race?

Any helpful info from Bris pace handicappers is appreciated.

PICSIX
09-16-2017, 11:49 AM
1. Sort your BRIS pp's by early speed points--this works as well as anything out there for trying to predict which horse(s) will make the lead. (You'll be surprised at how many winners come from the top 3-4 on all surfaces)

2. Use TFUS pace figures.

Good luck:ThmbUp:

Gasser57
09-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Thanks PICSIX. I'll take a look at TFUS.

I did just watch a DRF webinar with Randy Moss explaining his paces figures and ways to use them and found that helpful. I imagine all the different pace figure authors have similar strategies for how best to use them.