PDA

View Full Version : 8 yo lynched

Actor
09-13-2017, 01:41 PM
https://www.dailydot.com/irl/biracial-boy-lynched/

PaceAdvantage
09-13-2017, 01:58 PM
That's terrible. Hope we get a full investigation and those responsible for any wrongdoing are punished to the full extent of the law.

BTW, what prompted you to post this?

tucker6
09-13-2017, 03:27 PM
There's a lot to that story that seems odd, like the mother's retort on whether it was an accident or not being tied to leaving him there. Umm, I would tie it to a rope around his neck. Hardly the type of thing that gets misplaced around someone's neck on accident. I think a lot is missing from what actually happened, and if indeed they assaulted the boy, they should suffer all the consequences of their actions.

chadk66
09-13-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm biting my lip because it involves a child

ElKabong
09-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Just horrible. Prayers out.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-14-2017, 07:17 AM
That's terrible. Hope we get a full investigation and those responsible for any wrongdoing are punished to the full extent of the law.

Of course we all agree on your position, but there is something else here.

Lynching?

If you are familiar with the word, you all should have been numbed by the headline because it literally means that an 8yo was hanged until dead.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lynch

Definition of lynch

transitive verb
:to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal approval or permission The accused killer was lynched by an angry mob.

I submit that this Daily Dot is more interested in starting unrest and possible riots than prosecuting the scum who hurt this child. The bit about hanging from a tree is a lie according to the New York Times story.

At least The New York Times reported it accurately -- calling it a wounding. (a refreshing change from that notorious outfit).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/us/biracial-boy-lynched-new-hampshire.html?mcubz=0

It appears the perps are known as it was done at a public picnic. But, of course, instead of focussing on the crime, rags like the Dirty Dot will be focussing on blaming America for the acts of the few.

If the story was accurate in The Times, this was a terrorist act and the individuals should be punished accordingly.

Inner Dirt
09-14-2017, 07:49 AM
The media and liberals are sure big about fanning the flames of racism these days. I think they really want the civil rights turmoil of the 60's to come back. I don't see anything implying racism had anything to do with that boy's injuries.

Marshall Bennett
09-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Of course we all agree on your position, but there is something else here.

Lynching?

If you are familiar with the word, you all should have been numbed by the headline because it literally means that an 8yo was hanged until dead.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lynch

Definition of lynch

transitive verb
:to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal approval or permission The accused killer was lynched by an angry mob.

I submit that this Daily Dot is more interested in starting unrest and possible riots than prosecuting the scum who hurt this child. The bit about hanging from a tree is a lie according to the New York Times story.

At least The New York Times reported it accurately -- calling it a wounding. (a refreshing change from that notorious outfit).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/us/biracial-boy-lynched-new-hampshire.html?mcubz=0

It appears the perps are known as it was done at a public picnic. But, of course, instead of focussing on the crime, rags like the Dirty Dot will be focussing on blaming America for the acts of the few.

If the story was accurate in The Times, this was a terrorist act and the individuals should be punished accordingly.
I'm not sure the true meaning is that important. The fact that the victim was hung probably isn't either. Public lynchings in the deep south were common many decades ago. When "lynching" was spoke of, people broadly assumed it was the planned gathering of a group of whites to assault a black person. I'm sure a lynching could refer to a variety of different assaults by whatever definition people choose to use, perhaps depending on where they live. Generally speaking, I believe the term most often however refers to what I described above.

MONEY
09-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Lynching?

It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. ~ Kiss it Bill Clinton

Actor
09-15-2017, 03:39 PM
BTW, what prompted you to post this?Other sites are calling it "The Trump Effect." I thought the Trumpophiles here needed to see it. :coffee:

woodtoo
09-15-2017, 05:48 PM
Other sites are calling it "The Trump Effect." I thought the Trumpophiles here needed to see it. :coffee:

You are one sick puppy Actor, one very sick dog.

MONEY
09-15-2017, 05:54 PM
Other sites are calling it "The Trump Effect." I thought the Trumpophiles here needed to see it. :coffee:
You're forgetting that Clinton won New Hampshire.

Here's a list of other top politicians,
Governor: Chris Sununu (R)
Attorney general: Joseph Foster (D)
Senators: Maggie Hassan (D), Jeanne Shaheen (D)
Representatives: Carol Shea-Porter (D), Ann McLane Kuster (D),
Only one republican among them.

Your perps are more likely than not to belong to democrat families.

Fager Fan
09-16-2017, 08:44 AM
The media and liberals are sure big about fanning the flames of racism these days. I think they really want the civil rights turmoil of the 60's to come back. I don't see anything implying racism had anything to do with that boy's injuries.

Sounds like teen bully behavior.

I often wonder how parents raise kids who are bullies. It has to be learned from and acceptable by the parents. There's nothing that would make me more ashamed of my child and my job as a parent than if my child was mean and a bully.

Inner Dirt
09-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Sounds like teen bully behavior.

I often wonder how parents raise kids who are bullies. It has to be learned from and acceptable by the parents. There's nothing that would make me more ashamed of my child and my job as a parent than if my child was mean and a bully.

I would be curious how much fault the parents have. 30 years ago girlfriend at the time had an 8 year old son who was picked on constantly. He seemed to be a normal kid except he was afraid to defend himself no matter how small the investigator and seemed to be brought to tears easily. This of course lead everyone to pick on him.

I used to dabble in amateur boxing, and was still doing the workouts and had a mini boxing gym in the garage. I decided to teach Mike how to box and some wrestling moves. In spite of his new found skills he refused to assert himself and was still getting bullied until,...................

Long story short, sometimes my nose would bleed easily, sometimes without being touched. Anyway while I fought on my knees only blocking, and moving I would let Mike land a few. He got me in the nose and out came blood. All of a sudden seeing he bloodied someone of my size his confidence and ego swelled. He reminded me daily of the bloody nose he gave me.

Long story short even though I told him you fight as a last resort and only in self defense, the kid was now a bully. Worse yet when a kid he picked on said he would tell his dad, Mike said I would come and beat his dad up.

Nothing I could do would stop Mike's bullying of other kids, revenge I guess. Not till a year or so after his mother and I went our separate ways did he return to normal. I kept tabs on him through my ex-girlfriend's brother.

Tom
09-16-2017, 10:41 AM

Sick, man. Seek help.
You NEED it.

Marshall Bennett
09-16-2017, 12:41 PM
Growing up in the 60's, bullies pretty much had open season with whoever they chose to attack. Most parents were willing to tell their kid to defend themselves if need be, and help those unable to defend themselves.
Today if a bully barks up the wrong tree and gets his ass kicked, the bully's parents are likely to sue the kid(s) responsible, possibly the school, or whoever else can be reeled in.
I took the position for a long time that being bullied was just a part of growing up. You dealt with the situation with your own best self interest.
I don't anymore. Today parents are afraid to send their kid out to face the bully because only two things can come out of it, and both are bad. Its sad, but kids are literally unable to defend themselves to the extent that a bully gets punished enough to learn a lesson.

delayjf
09-16-2017, 12:59 PM
Other sites are calling it "The Trump Effect."

So the theory being that the mere election of Donald Trump has motivated individuals into acts of racial violence. I say "the Trump effect" is another example of Trump derangement syndrome.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2017, 04:34 PM
Other sites are calling it "The Trump Effect." I thought the Trumpophiles here needed to see it. :coffee:Exactly the answer I had hoped for...didn't even need to ask it.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-17-2017, 09:10 PM
So the theory being that the mere election of Donald Trump has motivated individuals into acts of racial violence. I say "the Trump effect" is another example of Trump derangement syndrome.

...or wackadoodles on tilt.

Actor
09-18-2017, 04:35 AM
Exactly the answer I had hoped for...Why?

...didn't even need to ask it.Then why did you. The fact that you did ask indicates that you disapprove of the post. For what reasons I know not.

"The Trump Effect" is not my label. If it were then that would be the title of the thread.

Dahoss9698
09-18-2017, 09:00 AM
I wonder how this thread and the posts in it would have looked if the child was white.

:popcorn:

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-18-2017, 10:20 AM
I would be curious how much fault the parents have. 30 years ago girlfriend at the time had an 8 year old son who was picked on constantly. He seemed to be a normal kid except he was afraid to defend himself no matter how small the investigator and seemed to be brought to tears easily. This of course lead everyone to pick on him.

I used to dabble in amateur boxing, and was still doing the workouts and had a mini boxing gym in the garage. I decided to teach Mike how to box and some wrestling moves. In spite of his new found skills he refused to assert himself and was still getting bullied until,...................

Long story short, sometimes my nose would bleed easily, sometimes without being touched. Anyway while I fought on my knees only blocking, and moving I would let Mike land a few. He got me in the nose and out came blood. All of a sudden seeing he bloodied someone of my size his confidence and ego swelled. He reminded me daily of the bloody nose he gave me.

Long story short even though I told him you fight as a last resort and only in self defense, the kid was now a bully. Worse yet when a kid he picked on said he would tell his dad, Mike said I would come and beat his dad up.

Nothing I could do would stop Mike's bullying of other kids, revenge I guess. Not till a year or so after his mother and I went our separate ways did he return to normal. I kept tabs on him through my ex-girlfriend's brother.

Interesting story, important lesson. That's why I enrolled my grandson in a karate class at a martial arts facility. I have watched some of the classes. They drill home the message that you are learning self defense - not offense, and respect for others is as important as the physical skills they are learning.

tucker6
09-18-2017, 10:35 AM
I wonder how this thread and the posts in it would have looked if the child was white.

well in that case, my post would have looked something like this:

There's a lot to that story that seems odd, like the mother's retort on whether it was an accident or not being tied to leaving him there. Umm, I would tie it to a rope around his neck. Hardly the type of thing that gets misplaced around someone's neck on accident. I think a lot is missing from what actually happened, and if indeed they assaulted the boy, they should suffer all the consequences of their actions.

The difference between you and me apparently is that I don't necessarily see race just because the participants are black and white.

Marshall Bennett
09-18-2017, 12:37 PM

We more than likely would have never heard about it through the media, therefore there wouldn't be any thread or post. :)

Dahoss9698
09-18-2017, 02:16 PM
well in that case, my post would have looked something like this:

The difference between you and me apparently is that I don't necessarily see race just because the participants are black and white.

You sure are defensive. Wonder why.

Inner Dirt
09-18-2017, 02:57 PM

Probably sick of liberals always playing the race card.

Dahoss9698
09-18-2017, 03:04 PM

You should teach him karate to help him deal with it.

tucker6
09-18-2017, 05:56 PM

ding, ding, ding!! We have a winner.

tucker6
09-18-2017, 05:57 PM
Not defensive at all. Simply showing the error and bias in your posting.

Fager Fan
09-18-2017, 08:02 PM

Hate to parrot, but ding, ding, we have a winner!

Dahoss9698
09-18-2017, 08:30 PM
Not defensive at all. Simply showing the error and bias in your posting.

Nah...you're very defensive.

Not everything is a liberal/conservative thing....except in your defensive head.

Tom
09-18-2017, 08:36 PM
But THIS thread was exactly about that.
As the OP said it was.
That and classless BS.

Inner Dirt
09-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Nah...you're very defensive.

Not everything is a liberal/conservative thing....except in your defensive head.

I think I know where your head is at, you pick. I would say half the people or more I know who regularly vote follow party lines to a tee. Most people you can guess their party affiliation by their choice of career. What is good for a person's pocket book usually gets their vote. I own a small machine shop, my girlfriend works for the EPA, my closest neighbor just retired from the post office. Can you guess which way we usually vote? Here is a hint, one of them is a Republican the other two are Democrats.

Inner Dirt
09-18-2017, 08:57 PM
Interesting story, important lesson. That's why I enrolled my grandson in a karate class at a martial arts facility. I have watched some of the classes. They drill home the message that you are learning self defense - not offense, and respect for others is as important as the physical skills they are learning.

Very true, I tried karate in High School, I dropped out after a few lessons, too much finesse and balance required for a clod like me, boxing was more my style. Even though it was 40 years ago I remember the instructor stressing repeatedly you fight as a last resort. The first thing he showed us was how to take a proper fighting stance and we were to do that with a well timed yell. He said often that is enough for someone to decide they don't want to mess with you.

Dahoss9698
09-18-2017, 10:16 PM
But THIS thread was exactly about that.
As the OP said it was.
That and classless BS.

You talking about class is funny.....even for this room.

Dahoss9698
09-18-2017, 10:22 PM
I think I know where your head is at, you pick. I would say half the people or more I know who regularly vote follow party lines to a tee. Most people you can guess their party affiliation by their choice of career. What is good for a person's pocket book usually gets their vote. I own a small machine shop, my girlfriend works for the EPA, my closest neighbor just retired from the post office. Can you guess which way we usually vote? Here is a hint, one of them is a Republican the other two are Democrats.

Were you trying to call me a prick, Miyagi?

Inner Dirt
09-18-2017, 10:49 PM
Were you trying to call me a prick, Miyagi?

Your reading comprehension needs some work. Twice you implied I instructed someone in karate. I said I taught a kid how to BOX and some wrestling moves. I said you PICK where your head is at because you seem very unaware of your surroundings. Your choices to PICK are in the sand or up your butt, your choice. Or maybe you are wearing blinders.

Hank
09-18-2017, 10:59 PM
Why?
Then why did you. The fact that you did ask indicates that you disapprove of the post. For what reasons I know not.

"The Trump Effect" is not my label. If it were then that would be the title of the thread.

Its useless,If these poor fellows were amenable to reason,they would not be what they are.

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Your reading comprehension needs some work. Twice you implied I instructed someone in karate. I said I taught a kid how to BOX and some wrestling moves. I said you PICK where your head is at because you seem very unaware of your surroundings. Your choices to PICK are in the sand or up your butt, your choice. Or maybe you are wearing blinders.

Sorry I had trouble getting through another one of your mind numbing stories about your past. No one cares.

Inner Dirt
09-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Sorry I had trouble getting through another one of your mind numbing stories about your past. No one cares.

If you don't care, why did you read it? You are running a close second for the condescending jerk of the year contest. Like Mostie you just attack people out of the blue to start something. You must lead a miserable life to get so much joy out of talking down to everyone who doesn't think like you.

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 11:08 AM
If you don't care, why did you read it? You are running a close second for the condescending jerk of the year contest. Like Mostie you just attack people out of the blue to start something. You must lead a miserable life to get so much joy out of talking down to everyone who doesn't think like you.

Clearly I didn't read it all the way through.

I attack people? :lol::lol::lol:

You guys are the best. A bunch of elderly white guys attacking anything and everything they don't agree with. As soon as someone does it back, you get your Depends in a bunch and cry attack.

Inner Dirt
09-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Clearly I didn't read it all the way through.

I attack people? :lol::lol::lol:

You guys are the best. A bunch of elderly white guys attacking anything and everything they don't agree with. As soon as someone does it back, you get your Depends in a bunch and cry attack.

Once again you have very poor read comprehension, it seems to be common among liberals. Not sure if it is just an act and done on purpose or you are so concerned with what you are going to say next you don't listen. Whatever word you want to use, you and your twin brother Mostie go after people directly who have not engaged you directly and in your case it is really out of nowhere. I take it you don't see the difference between someone calling Antifa people left wing terrorists and then you quoting that statement and calling the poster an ignorant racist that sleeps with his sister. (That was a made up example.)

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 01:58 PM
Once again you have very poor read comprehension, it seems to be common among liberals. Not sure if it is just an act and done on purpose or you are so concerned with what you are going to say next you don't listen. Whatever word you want to use, you and your twin brother Mostie go after people directly who have not engaged you directly and in your case it is really out of nowhere. I take it you don't see the difference between someone calling Antifa people left wing terrorists and then you quoting that statement and calling the poster an ignorant racist that sleeps with his sister. (That was a made up example.)

Weird that you had to make up an example instead of just providing one.

I think you were trying to say reading comprehension....not read comprehension. That makes no sense. Maybe learn to type better in between your boring anecdotes.

Just to remind you....you engaged me here directly. So in essence, everything you are accusing me of, is actually what you're doing to me. :ThmbUp:

Inner Dirt
09-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Weird that you had to make up an example instead of just providing one.

I think you were trying to say reading comprehension....not read comprehension. That makes no sense. Maybe learn to type better in between your boring anecdotes.

Just to remind you....you engaged me here directly. So in essence, everything you are accusing me of, is actually what you're doing to me. :ThmbUp:

You threw the first punch I just fought back. You really don't see the world like most people do.

Fager Fan
09-19-2017, 03:28 PM
You threw the first punch I just fought back. You really don't see the world like most people do.

Another day, another fight that Dahoss is in.

He lacks self-reflection else he'd have figured out that the problem isn't everyone else.

Fager Fan
09-19-2017, 03:34 PM
duplication

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 04:15 PM

Um, no. You engaged me. I wasn't even talking to you. I was conversing with Tucker.

I don't see the world like most people do? :lol::lol::lol: That's a compliment coming from a guy who admits he's a homophobe.

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 04:17 PM
Another day, another fight that Dahoss is in.

He lacks self-reflection else he'd have figured out that the problem isn't everyone else.
Have you been swimming lately?

Inner Dirt
09-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Um, no. You engaged me. I wasn't even talking to you. I was conversing with Tucker.

I don't see the world like most people do? :lol::lol::lol: That's a compliment coming from a guy who admits he's a homophobe.

How is me saying Tucker is sick of liberals playing the race card engaging you? That is what started this. I am proud of being a homophobe, I like to see naked women of all shapes and sizes, I do not want to see a dude's hairy butt, it makes me want to puke. What is wrong with that? In a liberal's eyes a man who likes a dude's hairy butt is celebrated, but a normal guy who is grossed out by it is evil. What is wrong with this picture? Gay people can be proud, but those repulsed by it can't?

Fager Fan
09-19-2017, 06:03 PM
How is me saying Tucker is sick of liberals playing the race card engaging you? That is what started this. I am proud of being a homophobe, I like to see naked women of all shapes and sizes, I do not want to see a dude's hairy butt, it makes me want to puke. What is wrong with that? In a liberal's eyes a man who likes a dude's hairy butt is celebrated, but a normal guy who is grossed out by it is evil. What is wrong with this picture? Gay people can be proud, but those repulsed by it can't?

That doesn't make you a homophobe, though maybe your way of dealing with it - owning the label - is the smart way, diffusing it. But you described a normal hetero male. It's no surprise that Dahoss takes the low road attacking you.

Inner Dirt
09-19-2017, 06:19 PM
That doesn't make you a homophobe, though maybe your way of dealing with it - owning the label - is the smart way, diffusing it. But you described a normal hetero male. It's no surprise that Dahoss takes the low road attacking you.

I am a homophobe by definition these days. I have no problem owning it, I was born that way. Males trying to do anything other than shake my hand as a young child creeped me out. I played football from High School to College. I would sprint to the locker room after practice and games so I could shower and change clothes quickly without being around a lot of naked dudes. That is how I was born, no one taught me to be repulsed by naked dudes, I just always was. If they let me shower around a bunch of naked females I would have taken hours to shower and change.

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 06:29 PM

You responded directly to me. That's called engaging.

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 06:30 PM

Once a bitch, always a bitch. Still waiting for you to let me know when we can meet up at the sales. I'd LOVE to see you face to face.

jms62
09-19-2017, 06:32 PM
I am a homophobe by definition these days. I have no problem owning it, I was born that way. Males trying to do anything other than shake my hand as a young child creeped me out. I played football from High School to College. I would sprint to the locker room after practice and games so I could shower and change clothes quickly without being around a lot of naked dudes. That is how I was born, no one taught me to be repulsed by naked dudes, I just always was. If they let me shower around a bunch of naked females I would have taken hours to shower and change.

Opposite of love is indifference. Just saying.

MONEY
09-19-2017, 06:35 PM
If I was a woman & I'm definately not, (I just checked), I'd be gay.

Having said that I would like to know, how on earth did a thread about an
8 year old crime victim become a thread about homophobia?

PaceAdvantage
09-19-2017, 06:40 PM
We more than likely would have never heard about it through the media, therefore there wouldn't be any thread or post. :)For once I agree with you 1,000%

And it's interesting that DaHoss completely ignored this...not surprising though. It was an excellent comeback.

PaceAdvantage
09-19-2017, 06:40 PM

8 year old crime victim become a thread about homophobia?Because some people on here can't help being assholes?

Fager Fan
09-19-2017, 06:45 PM

I still say that makes you normal even if that's how they want to define you. After all, defining you as such is their way of trying to make you accept it and be comfortable with it.

I'd no more be comfortable in an intimate setting with the same sex as I would be at an orgy. Maybe someone defines that as me being an orgyphobe, but to me I'm a normal monogamist hetero. :headbanger:

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 08:28 PM
For once I agree with you 1,000%

And it's interesting that DaHoss completely ignored this...not surprising though. It was an excellent comeback.

Bothers you when I shine light on how ridiculous it is in off topic huh?

Of course if a white kid was almost hung we would have heard about it. The post was so stupid I didn't think it needed to be responded to. Frankly, the only one who did was you.

Have to protect what you encourage I guess. :ThmbUp:

Dahoss9698
09-19-2017, 08:33 PM

8 year old crime victim become a thread about homophobia?

I read your post in my trips thread. How often do you eat paste?

MONEY
09-20-2017, 12:13 AM
I read your post in my trips thread. How often do you eat paste?
What? You mean that I shouldn't be eating paste?

Just checked again, still a boy:ThmbUp:.

PaceAdvantage
09-20-2017, 12:36 AM
What? You mean that I shouldn't be eating paste?

Just checked again, still a boy:ThmbUp:.I think he might call you an angry old white guy...any minute now...wait....for...it....