PDA

View Full Version : My sympathies for the people of NYC

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-13-2017, 08:38 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/13/de-blasio-wins-democratic-primary-for-new-york-city-mayor.html

classhandicapper
09-13-2017, 09:29 AM
He's a nightmare. He's basically the worst of all worlds for a conservative/libertarian that wants to operate in the real world. He's idealistically delusional and not very bright.

barahona44
09-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Where's my main man Jimmy McMillan of The Rent's Too Damn High party? GREATEST muttonchop/goatee/mustache combo in recorded human history. :cool:

DSB
09-13-2017, 11:02 AM
They don't have to elect him, but they probably will.

Why? Because NYC is populated by loons who agree with him.

I don't feel sorry for them. Because NYC is a sanctuary city, I feel sorry for those taxpayers who are forced to provide benefits for the illegals NYC attracts.

I'd like to see prosecutions for traitors like DeBlasio who are responsible for these lawless places.

Throw DeBlasio, Emmanuel, Lee, and Villaraigosa in jail and maybe things will be done differently in those places.

Clocker
09-13-2017, 11:10 AM

People in a democracy get the government that they deserve.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-13-2017, 11:11 AM
Where's my main man Jimmy McMillan of The Rent's Too Damn High party? GREATEST muttonchop/goatee/mustache combo in recorded human history. :cool:

We all loved that guy. He was definitely a fave telling it like it is.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-13-2017, 11:22 AM

I don't feel sorry for them. Because NYC is a sanctuary city, I feel sorry for those taxpayers who are forced to provide benefits for the illegals NYC attracts.

I'd like to see prosecutions for traitors like DeBlasio who are responsible for these lawless places.

Throw DeBlasio, Emmanuel, Lee, and Villaraigosa in jail and maybe things will be done differently in those places.

It isn't that simple. Of course if all voters paid closer attention to the issues, this guy wouldn't have a chance.

Did you ever see The Distinguished Gentleman with Eddie Murphy? Loved that movie. The way he got elected may be an exaggeration for comedic value -- but only a SLIGHT exaggeration.

If you are born in New York City -- you are born a Democrat, just like you are born into the religion of your parents. For a New Yorker (especially Manhattan, Brooklyn and The Bronx), to vote against a Democratic Party candidate feels like hitting your mother in the face.

I'm sure its the same in Chicago and the other big cities.

barahona44
09-13-2017, 11:25 AM
We all loved that guy. He was definitely a fave telling it like it is.

And it will warm the hearts of many here on PA to know that Jimmy endorsed Donald Trump for president.

DSB
09-13-2017, 11:56 AM
It isn't that simple. Of course if all voters paid closer attention to the issues, this guy wouldn't have a chance.

Did you ever see The Distinguished Gentleman with Eddie Murphy? Loved that movie. The way he got elected may be an exaggeration for comedic value -- but only a SLIGHT exaggeration.

If you are born in New York City -- you are born a Democrat, just like you are born into the religion of your parents. For a New Yorker (especially Manhattan, Brooklyn and The Bronx), to vote against a Democratic Party candidate feels like hitting your mother in the face.

I'm sure its the same in Chicago and the other big cities.
I couldn't care less what the people of NYC, or anywhere else, do to themselves.

My objection is that they are doing something to people all over the country when they serve as a magnet for illegal aliens. We all pay federal taxes which are in turn used, in part, to fund the social benefits that illegals have access to.

I also have a big problem with the sanctuary cities choosing to ignore those federal laws they don't like.

Why someone votes one way or the other is of no interest to me. The result of those votes, if they affect others, is.

Stop all federal funding to those jurisdictions - whether it be city, county, state or whatever - that refuse to comply with immigration law.

I don't want my federal taxes going to prop up these lawless places.

classhandicapper
09-13-2017, 03:27 PM
I couldn't care less what the people of NYC, or anywhere else, do to themselves.

My objection is that they are doing something to people all over the country when they serve as a magnet for illegal aliens. We all pay federal taxes which are in turn used, in part, to fund the social benefits that illegals have access to.

I also have a big problem with the sanctuary cities choosing to ignore those federal laws they don't like.

Why someone votes one way or the other is of no interest to me. The result of those votes, if they affect others, is.

Stop all federal funding to those jurisdictions - whether it be city, county, state or whatever - that refuse to comply with immigration law.

This one of a million arguments for more states rights.

If all these social programs were at the state level, even if some cities/states became sanctuaries, it would have minimal impact on the others. And then, if you were unhappy with your own state (in either direction), you could always move to one that shared your views.

Once things are at the federal level you are automatically putting yourself at risk of having some people ram their values down your throat.

reckless
09-13-2017, 04:47 PM

Are you old enough to remember this DSB? I do; I lived in NYC then. I personally believe that hurt Ford's chances in 1978 almost as much as his pardon of Nixon did. Many NYers also felt that way at the time.

You need to scroll down the link to see the NY Daily News front page. It's great.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/president-ford-announces-won-bailout-nyc-1975-article-1.2405985

DSB
09-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Are you old enough to remember this DSB? I do; I lived in NYC then. I personally believe that hurt Ford's chances in 1978 almost as much as his pardon of Nixon did. Many NYers also felt that way at the time.

You need to scroll down the link to see the NY Daily News front page. It's great.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/president-ford-announces-won-bailout-nyc-1975-article-1.2405985
If this is the infamous "Drop dead" dysphemism, yes I remember it.

In my opinion his statement that "Poland isn't under Soviet domination" in the debate was worse than anything else and probably cost him the close election.

As far as the bailout of NYC goes, much of the country probably agreed with the position Ford took.

He was never going to carry NY anyway, so it didn't hurt him in that respect.

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-13-2017, 05:23 PM

I remember that. But IMO, what cost Ford the election in 1976 was his pardon of Nixon before Nixon was even charged with anything. I was actually a Gerald Ford fan, but I became one of the millions of Americans who allowed Jimmy Carter to be elected because we could not forgive that pardon.

I heard Ford's explanation about not wanting to put the country through the circus of a trial of a former President. He defended that for years after he did it.

But to me, the issue was, and always will be -- nobody is above the law. It applied to Hanoi Jane Fonda who was allowed to skate despite her acts of treason, and now it appears to apply to Hillary.

mostpost
09-13-2017, 07:11 PM

I think what hurt Ford's chances in 1978 was that the election was in 1976.

chadk66
09-13-2017, 08:24 PM
eventually Rudy will have to come in and clean the cesspool up again

zico20
09-13-2017, 08:45 PM

Hannity once interviewed him and he went so easy it was sad. Hannity obviously really liked him.

reckless
09-13-2017, 08:46 PM
I think what hurt Ford's chances in 1978 was that the election was in 1976.

What really hurt my post was ... I need to start wearing bifocals --since the New Year-- but I refuse to because I am vain and in denial of the aging process.

Yes, you are correct. It was the election of 1967.... err, 1976! :)

reckless
09-13-2017, 08:49 PM
If this is the infamous "Drop dead" dysphemism, yes I remember it.

In my opinion his statement that "Poland isn't under Soviet domination" in the debate was worse than anything else and probably cost him the close election.

As far as the bailout of NYC goes, much of the country probably agreed with the position Ford took.

He was never going to carry NY anyway, so it didn't hurt him in that respect.

Yes, that too. I almost forgot that one even though I remember that debate well (?). Ford had plenty of time that night and the days after to admit and correct that error, but he didn't.

biggestal99
09-17-2017, 09:16 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/13/de-blasio-wins-democratic-primary-for-new-york-city-mayor.html

I have the same sympathy for republicans who keep on electing incumbents who are stupid, I mean they have been on the repeal and replace Obamacare for 7 years, they control the president, the house and the senate and can't get it done. How lame is that.

But come 2018.

They will reelect the good old boys once again just like NYC did.

Allan

biggestal99
09-17-2017, 09:20 AM

Crime is down but NYC faces a myriad of problems, no average citizen cares one way or the other about sanctuary cities, they just want their subways to run well (which they are not now).

I work in NYC.

Allan

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-17-2017, 11:57 AM
I have the same sympathy for republicans who keep on electing incumbents who are stupid, I mean they have been on the repeal and replace Obamacare for 7 years, they control the president, the house and the senate and can't get it done. How lame is that.

But come 2018.

They will reelect the good old boys once again just like NYC did.

Allan

I don't know about re-election. As much as I detest the Democrats, these Republican Senators have got to go. Hopefully, GOP voters will come out in force in the primaries. If not, we can only hope the Dems provide candidates who are not the hate-American liberals that are currently infesting their party.

biggestal99
09-17-2017, 12:28 PM
I don't know about re-election. As much as I detest the Democrats, these Republican Senators have got to go. Hopefully, GOP voters will come out in force in the primaries. If not, we can only hope the Dems provide candidates who are not the hate-American liberals that are currently infesting their party.

Lol, who is going to lose, Cruz? Hatch? Corker?

As far as the dems, most senators up for re-election are Not liberals.

Status quo. No changes.

Allan