PDA

View Full Version : Another track bites the dust.

RainMan
09-12-2017, 01:51 PM
Trinity Meadows aka Squaw Creek Downs in Willow Park, Texas being demolished for commercial development.

wisconsin
09-12-2017, 02:16 PM
Sad, but they have not run in 20 years.

cj
09-12-2017, 02:46 PM
I drove there from Wichita Falls to bet and watch the Breeders' Cup one year, the year Inside Information and Cigar won. 1995 maybe?

NTamm1215
09-12-2017, 09:12 PM
I grew up going to Trinity Meadows. My parents and I moved from Dallas to Houston in 1995 and we only went back once shortly before Lone Star opened for simulcasting. My Dad and I were there on opening day in 1991 and sweated with the rest of the crowd. They glass enclosed the back half of the grandstand after that first year and wound up becoming Texas' first Class I racetrack despite never making the upgrades (including the expansion to a 1M oval) necessary to have that designation.

Sad to see it go, even though it was just sitting there in its current state. There's a decent bit of development going on in that direction, which is amazing given how far west it is of Fort Worth, but the D/FW metroplex is just getting to be colossal.

pam916
10-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Lone Star Park where the Breeder's Cup was held is still in business. The track that was open before there was legal betting in Texas was Trinity Meadows and that is the one being demolished.