PDA

View Full Version : Its always good to see hard work pay off

Afleet
09-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Jorge Navarro, who long ago locked up his fifth consecutive Monmouth Park training title, went 3 for 7 over the holiday weekend, equaling the meet record of 59 wins that he set in 2016. Navarro also set a record for wins on a Monmouth card July 23, when he sent out five winners. Sharp Azteca, whom he trains, set a track record for 1 1/16 miles when he won the Monmouth Cup on Haskell Day in 1:40.19.

http://www.drf.com/news/navarro-poised-break-mark-wins-trainer

GMB@BP
09-08-2017, 07:12 PM
Not sure if serious :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Afleet
09-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Not sure if serious :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

sarcasm-thought I was laying it on pretty thick:p

onefast99
09-09-2017, 09:29 AM
He continues to make a joke out of the racing game. He is affecting other trainers, owners and the betting public. MP needs him badly without him they are running a lot less horses. The good thing is GP doesn't need him! Let him run at Tampa for the next meet they allow the same usual suspects as Parx does!!!:eek:

lamboguy
09-09-2017, 10:32 AM
wait a second. its not Navarro's problem that he wins so many races. the game allows him to do what he does.

what is needed is an overhaul of the game limiting the amount of horses a person can own and a trainer can train.

let the game get together and do that and handle, attendance and interest in the game will explode to the upside.

how stupid can racing be, they see what's going on and all they can think of is developing more and more stupid bets that are guaranteed to lose customers. like the jockey challenge at Kentucky Downs.

i am on the bench for at least 6 months and now enjoy a little different world that i haven't seen for many years. i don't really think that i will come back to the game when they have 3 Chad Brown and Todd Pletcher horses in the same races all the time. its gotten pretty boring. and don't think for 1 second that those guys don't go to the window when they know they got something good. you are on the guess, they have the insight. good luck paying the takeout and beating this game the way its structured.

castaway01
09-09-2017, 11:32 AM
wait a second. its not Navarro's problem that he wins so many races. the game allows him to do what he does.

what is needed is an overhaul of the game limiting the amount of horses a person can own and a trainer can train.

let the game get together and do that and handle, attendance and interest in the game will explode to the upside.

how stupid can racing be, they see what's going on and all they can think of is developing more and more stupid bets that are guaranteed to lose customers. like the jockey challenge at Kentucky Downs.

i am on the bench for at least 6 months and now enjoy a little different world that i haven't seen for many years. i don't really think that i will come back to the game when they have 3 Chad Brown and Todd Pletcher horses in the same races all the time. its gotten pretty boring. and don't think for 1 second that those guys don't go to the window when they know they got something good. you are on the guess, they have the insight. good luck paying the takeout and beating this game the way its structured.

You might be able to restrict the number of entries by a single trainer in a race, but no way limiting the number of horses a person is allowed to own or train would hold up in court. Not in America anyway.

Afleet
09-09-2017, 12:12 PM

but Oaklawn opens in 4 months w/no Chad brown or Pletcher(hopefully)-sounds like you are playing the wrong tracks

lamboguy
09-09-2017, 12:30 PM
but Oaklawn opens in 4 months w/no Chad brown or Pletcher(hopefully)-sounds like you are playing the wrong tracksi keep mentioning limited rosters in horse racing because it seems to work very well in professional and amateur team sports. i am not sure of the legalities of being able to limit ownership without being franchised. its done in the NCAA in basketball as far as i know.

College Basketball keeps on growing in popularity and horse racing keeps declining.

onefast99
09-09-2017, 01:00 PM
You might be able to restrict the number of entries by a single trainer in a race, but no way limiting the number of horses a person is allowed to own or train would hold up in court. Not in America anyway.Horse ownership for the big outfits will never be limited, especially those who breed like the Ramseys. I do like the thought of keeping only 1 horse per trainer in a race or couple the entry if the same trainer has more than one. This would limit the publics perception that when the second horse for the same trainer wins at high odds the thought of a race fix would be eliminated!

cj
09-09-2017, 03:36 PM
Three more wins already today. What a trainer!

lamboguy
09-09-2017, 03:39 PM
the correlation goes like this, the more these guys win, the less people get involved in this game--owning, training and gambling.

n.c
09-10-2017, 08:41 PM
with only 58 starters.:headbanger:

onefast99
09-11-2017, 09:41 AM
When he was handed the award for top trainer yesterday there was a group of guys yelling cheaters never win and Navarro is a disgrace to racing there was also a chorus of boos. I was looking for the V8 trophy but MP gave him one of those crappy bowling trophies, it has a spot for him to hide stuff in!:faint:

therussmeister
09-11-2017, 06:19 PM
When he was handed the award for top trainer yesterday there was a group of guys yelling cheaters never win and Navarro is a disgrace to racing there was also a chorus of boos. I was looking for the V8 trophy but MP gave him one of those crappy bowling trophies, it has a spot for him to hide stuff in!:faint:

So I guess the guys yelling must not think he cheats.

jimmyb
09-11-2017, 07:50 PM
There are limits to how many jockeys an agent can represent. Why cant a set of limits be put on trainers?

onefast99
09-13-2017, 01:31 PM
So I guess the guys yelling must not think he cheats.
Everyone at the track suspected it, after the video came out everyone knows something isn't right. Look at his track record it isn't a good one.

Afleet
09-13-2017, 08:54 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/whitmore-be-favored-over-six-rivals-de-francis-memorial-dash

It wasn't easy to fill, but the Grade 3 Frank J. De Francis Memorial Dash at Laurel Park on Saturday closed with seven entrants on Wednesday despite track management declining to accept two entries from trainer Jorge Navarro. The six-furlong De Francis is one of seven stakes on the Laurel card.

Navarro had planned to enter Vanderbilt winner El Deal and Chublicious.

Owned by David Gruskos, Chublicious was scheduled to be transferred to the Laurel barn of Claudio Gonzalez following the De Francis, just as he was after the close of Monmouth Park last year. Instead, he was transferred to Gonzalez on Wednesday and will race in his name.
According to Sal Sinatra, president of the Maryland Jockey Club, Chublicious will remain in Gonzalez's barn after the De Francis. Gonzalez trains other horses for Gruskos.
"When it was first suggested the horse be transferred today, Claudio wasn't sure he wanted to take the horse so soon before a race," Sinatra said. "But after he spoke with the horse's current veterinarian and the owner, he agreed."

Afleet
09-13-2017, 08:58 PM
Stan Bowker, a steward at Indiana Grand, said Navarro as of late Tuesday afternoon hadn’t applied for a license. Bowker said stewards had spoken by phone to Navarro and told him he would not be permitted to run a horse at Indiana Grand.

http://www.drf.com/news/indiana-would-deny-navarro-license

Thanks to Laurel and Indiana Grand:jump:

cj
09-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Stan Bowker, a steward at Indiana Grand, said Navarro as of late Tuesday afternoon hadn’t applied for a license. Bowker said stewards had spoken by phone to Navarro and told him he would not be permitted to run a horse at Indiana Grand.

http://www.drf.com/news/indiana-would-deny-navarro-license

Thanks to Laurel and Indiana Grand:jump:

Laurel let them enter a horse under a beard name.