PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2017 Season

barahona44
09-07-2017, 02:43 AM
Well. ye olde pro football starts tonight as the Patriots host the Chiefs.After their amazing Super Bowl comeback (or Falcon choke job, take your pick-1st and 10 at the NE 19, 4 minutes to go and you start passing:mad:.And the 49ers hired that schumck Shanahan.Good luck with that.But I digress).

Although favorites to return to the Big Game ,I'm not seeing the Pats returning.Yes, they'll take the AFC East by simply showing up on Sunday.But I have a feeling (and that's all it is) the Pats won't return.When everybody says you're going to win easily, that's the exact moment you fall on your arse.Also, every year, one of the Super Bowl teams is an unexpected guest.

But tonight, I would take the Chiefs and the over.(9 and 48 1/2 as I write).The Patriots should win., say in the 30-23 neighborhood.

Also. the Dolphins Bucs game will be postponed to Week 11 because of Hurricane Irma.

Let the games begin!

Valuist
09-08-2017, 01:16 AM
Is KC that good? Or is New England nowhere near as good as we thought? It was one game, but it's been a LONG time since New England looked that bad. And at home? I suspect this wasn't a mirage. That NE defense has serious problems. And Brady at 16 of 36? Remember Peyton was damned good in 2014, but the calendar turned and he looked washed up in 2015. Guys get old in a hurry in that league.

Playing until he's 45? Wake up, Brady.

barahona44
09-08-2017, 01:19 AM
When everybody says you're going to win easily, that's the exact moment you fall on your arse.

Well so much for a 19-0 season.:rolleyes:

Gotta give credit to Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt, he fumbles on his first NFL carry, but gets back on the horse and the rest of the game, he looked like he was shot out of a cannon and ends up with 3 TD's.

Week 2 best bet? The Patriots, this won't happen two weeks in a row to Bellichik

Valuist
09-08-2017, 01:48 AM

Gotta give credit to Chiefs RB Kareem Hunt, he fumbles on his first NFL carry, but gets back on the horse and the rest of the game, he looked like he was shot out of a cannon and ends up with 3 TD's.

Week 2 best bet? The Patriots, this won't happen two weeks in a row to Bellichik

We will see about that. Defensively, it doesn't look like he has the horses. And the offense may miss Edelman more than they thought.

This team was incredibly lucky in both last year's Super Bowl, and the one vs Seattle. In both cases, they were the inferior team as the opponent beat itself with foolish mistakes.

Secondbest
09-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Pats defense played a guy a lot who was on the team for 5 days. Says a lot about them.KC offense had too much speed. No pass rush at all. Only the first week but when a team has a lot of negative firsts- most points, yards, 4thQ pts at home, - in Belicheks career in NE. It usually shows there's a lot wrong.
Offense scored 27 with 2 failed 4th and ones.Thats OK .Defense not so much.

burnsy
09-09-2017, 07:35 AM
We will see about that. Defensively, it doesn't look like he has the horses. And the offense may miss Edelman more than they thought.

This team was incredibly lucky in both last year's Super Bowl, and the one vs Seattle. In both cases, they were the inferior team as the opponent beat itself with foolish mistakes.

True, they had some good fortune but some of that is by design with good defense. Their philosophy is that the other team will eventually make a mistake during a long drive. Seattle and Atlanta played into that with bad decisions during extended drives.

Which is why there are two ways you can burn them. Big plays down field or knocking the crap out of Tom Brady. KC executed both the other night. If Brady gets the crap beat out of him like that a few more times, he won't last through the season. The problem with age (time) is all of these guys think they can play forever, its in their DNA to beat the odds on everything, that's how they get that career. Nobody beats aging, its a natural law. That is a young mans game. Forget everything else, if that line can't protect him, he's not going to last. It was the first game and a couple times I thought he would not get up. It was just one game, maybe they had a bad one. But the offensive line and the defensive secondary were weak as hell. Gronk looked like he couldn't move right and the receivers are kind of a bunch of rejects from other teams with Edelman hurt. Plus, the media is just mostly dumb, this team is aging.....19-0? Really? Just like you pointed out, its not like they are that much better than a few of these other teams. What games are they seeing where this team is killing the other good teams? They kind of had to "get By", which means the margin for error is slight.

Tom
09-09-2017, 09:50 AM
You think the roads in Florida are crowded today?

You should see them in BUFFALO.
Team is in first place and the rush for Bowl tickets is already underway! :lol:

Gotta cut them some slack in Buffalo - by Monday, the team will be mathematically eliminated.

Secondbest
09-09-2017, 11:55 AM
You think the roads in Florida are crowded today?

You should see them in BUFFALO.
Team is in first place and the rush for Bowl tickets is already underway! :lol:

Gotta cut them some slack in Buffalo - by Monday, the team will be mathematically eliminated.

They should in first. How can they possibly lose to the Jets?

barahona44
09-09-2017, 05:02 PM
They should in first. How can they possibly lose to the Jets?

You can always count on Buffalo to figure that out.:)

Secondbest
09-09-2017, 09:10 PM
You can always count on Buffalo to figure that out.:)

True. But the jets:eek:

mostpost
09-10-2017, 12:21 AM

I guess it's up to the Bears to pick up the slack to the 19-0 season. And even I know that is a ridiculous statement.

FakeNameChanged
09-10-2017, 06:47 AM

What's the over/under for week number before Pats are in first place in their division, 4 or 5?

headhawg
09-10-2017, 08:06 AM
I guess it's up to the Bears to pick up the slack to the 19-0 season. And even I know that is a ridiculous statement.Yes, but this could be a trap game for Atlanta. Super Bowl loss, not a great pre-season, and they are expected to simply roll over the Bears. The Bears D is better than most people think; offense is still a question mark. The Bears will win 5 or 6 games this year unless Glennon turns out to be a better-than-average QB. A little surprised the Bears are only getting 6 though. The under is probably a good bet.

Valuist
09-11-2017, 12:25 PM
The Bears should've won that game. Howard drops a sure TD at the one yard line in the final 20 seconds. Super Bowl losers have really struggled in their next season.

Glad to see unders cashing big yesterday. Too many overs in the league in 2016.

burnsy
09-11-2017, 05:13 PM
After seeing the Colts, Giants, Bengals and Texans.....its official. Colin Kaepernick is Black Balled. Those Qb's were everything but deceased or maybe they were.

At this rate there may be many an under out there!...:popcorn::lol:

There seems to be a plethora of shaky offenses and QB play. Some of it is outright offensive. In this day and age there's also no getting around a shitty "O" Line either. So add Seattle to the list, I thought Russell Wilson was going to get his head torn off.

Valuist
09-12-2017, 01:08 PM
QB play in general keeps going down and will only get worse as veterans like Brady, Roethlisberger, Rivers and Brees retire. I have to agree with the assertion the spread offense, used by so many college teams, slows the development process of quarterbacks.

proximity
09-12-2017, 06:12 PM
the colts were a complete embarrassment and the bad part is it's not just one or two things..... it was almost everything.

every single aspect of the coaching was bad. talent evaluation (tolzien over morris), preparation (again), game planning (challenging the strength of the rams secondary), game management (not challenging what should have been a td and instead RUSHING the next play). then after the game chuck congratulates the 49ers!!

eleven new starters (vontae davis was out) on defense but this defense could be worse than last years. 30 points to the rams who were DEAD LAST last year in both ypg and ppg!!

barahona44
09-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Houston at Cincinnati tonight .Only Week 2 and we already have a candidate for Fugly game of the year.:ThmbDown: The Bungles are 6 point favorites over Louseton with the O/U at 37 1/2.I'll take both Cincy and the over.Both teams got bitch slapped on Sunday but at least Cincinnati got bitch slapped by a good team. Texans coach Bill O'Brien must have made a prop bet he'd be the first coach fired because he seems to be in semi-panic mode.He benches the QB, Tom Savage at halftime after insisting all thru training camp Savage would be the starter, then goes back & forth about who starts tonight despite Dashaun Watson having some ankle issues.

I can easily see this game becoming one sided even though it seems close on paper, a 31-13 like result.

rastajenk
09-14-2017, 02:58 PM
I'm thinking Dalton will find ways to keep it closer than that. :bang:

Valuist
09-14-2017, 05:23 PM
Two very bad offensive lines. Hard to see this game getting to 44 points, unless special teams or defense contributes at least one TD.

BetHorses!
09-14-2017, 07:20 PM
I made the Bengals -5 so I took +6 just to watch but I don't wanna watch :D

Valuist
09-15-2017, 03:03 PM
I made the Bengals -5 so I took +6 just to watch but I don't wanna watch :D

I missed the first 3 quarters and I don't think I missed much. The Indians game was much more exciting.

jocko699
09-15-2017, 11:46 PM
After seeing the Colts, Giants, Bengals and Texans.....its official. Colin Kaepernick is Black Balled. Those Qb's were everything but deceased or maybe they were.

At this rate there may be many an under out there!...:popcorn::lol:

There seems to be a plethora of shaky offenses and QB play. Some of it is outright offensive. In this day and age there's also no getting around a shitty "O" Line either. So add Seattle to the list, I thought Russell Wilson was going to get his head torn off.

CK sucks!!!!

BetHorses!
09-17-2017, 11:48 AM
3 plays

Jax +1
Pack +3
Lions +3

barahona44
09-18-2017, 09:39 AM
Los Angeles was without an NFL team for 23 years and there didn't seem to be many people clamoring for it to return.And based on this weekend's games, that still seems to be true.The Chargers playing in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium could only sell 25,000 tickets for their return to LA (The Chargers played their first season in 1960 in the old AFL in Los Angeles) and the Rams after demolishing the Colts in Week 1 and playing a better team in week 2 ,the Redskins,had lower attendance than week 1.The combined attendance for both games was less than USC-Texas drew on Saturday.

Maybe there was too much football there this weekend.But the NFL must be regretting the decision to allow the Chargers to move to Los Angeles.There's barely enough support for one team.I know the Colesium is old as dirt and in a crap neighborhood but after the novelty of the new stadium wears off, I think one of those teams in time will be heading out of town again.

Valuist
09-18-2017, 12:42 PM
Los Angeles was without an NFL team for 23 years and there didn't seem to be many people clamoring for it to return.And based on this weekend's games, that still seems to be true.The Chargers playing in a 27,000 seat soccer stadium could only sell 25,000 tickets for their return to LA (The Chargers played their first season in 1960 in the old AFL in Los Angeles) and the Rams after demolishing the Colts in Week 1 and playing a better team in week 2 ,the Redskins,had lower attendance than week 1.The combined attendance for both games was less than USC-Texas drew on Saturday.

Maybe there was too much football there this weekend.But the NFL must be regretting the decision to allow the Chargers to move to Los Angeles.There's barely enough support for one team.I know the Colesium is old as dirt and in a crap neighborhood but after the novelty of the new stadium wears off, I think one of those teams in time will be heading out of town again.

LA has two teams and the most popular team there is still the Raiders.

The situation for the Chargers is embarrassing for the lead.

barahona44
09-18-2017, 07:23 PM
MNF is the Lions playing my Giants.The O/U is 41 1/2 which I find a little light considering Detroit is the kind of streaky team that can score in bunches.Also I'm big on bounce back games by good teams which I think the Giants are.That was an atrocious performance by Big Blue on offense last week against Dallas.Even if Odell Beckham doesn't play again tonight, there should still be improvement.With the line at New York by 3, I will take the Giants and the over.

BetHorses!
09-21-2017, 01:30 AM
3 plays

Jax +1
Pack +3
Lions +3

1-2

2-2 YTD

barahona44
09-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Tonight's NFL clash features two of the weaker teams in the leauge, the Rams and 49ers.Every team is required to play at least one Thursday game ,although for some reason the Jaguars were given an exemption this year, probably a combo of no national following and their willingness to play one of the London games year after year.That means there will be crap games and the NFL Network gets to televise them (Jets-Bills in a few weeks!).

The Rams are definitely the better team of the 2 but I think they have played above their young heads the last two weeks so I'm going to go with San Francisco (+ 2 1/2) and the under (39 1/2).

Thursday night YTD. 2-2

barahona44
09-22-2017, 12:56 AM
Tonight's NFL clash features two of the weaker teams in the leauge, the Rams and 49ers.Every team is required to play at least one Thursday game ,although for some reason the Jaguars were given an exemption this year, probably a combo of no national following and their willingness to play one of the London games year after year.That means there will be crap games and the NFL Network gets to televise them (Jets-Bills in a few weeks!).

The Rams are definitely the better team of the 2 but I think they have played above their young heads the last two weeks so I'm going to go with San Francisco (+ 2 1/2) and the under (39 1/2).

Thursday night YTD. 2-2

What I thought was going to be a tedious affair turned out to be one of the best regular season games I have seen in a long time.It looks like Kyle Shanahan learned his lesson from the Super Bowl when his second half play calling involving needless pass plays instead of trusting the running game resulted in the Falcons blowing the Super Bowl. On 2 different drives, SF had first and goal inside the 5 and both times, they ran 4 straight power running plays that ended in touchdowns.There were several turnovers which led to points and even some vertical passing instead of dink-and-dunk.In other words, everything I love about the NFL but which has been missing for awhile.
The Rams are probably a year away from playoff contention but they look pretty competitive.

And it also helped that the 49ers final minute TD allowed me to cover.:jump:

burnsy
09-22-2017, 08:38 AM
I agree. Think the Rams are on the improve and that division is getting weaker. By next year they may be the best of the NFC West. They even have half a shot this year seeing how Arizona and Seattle are going. Young team on the upswing. They got two really good receivers by way of the Buffalo Bills, Watkins and Woods looked all pro last night.

Robert Fischer
09-22-2017, 11:41 AM
Atlanta looks strong thus far.
Good on both sides of the ball. Very focused. High energy.

Momentum can change abruptly in the NFL, and some teams can't play like that for a full season.

I'm not betting the ATL - Detroit game, but this fan's guess is that Atlanta will win by more than 3.

Secondbest
09-22-2017, 02:35 PM
Now that Jeff Fisher is gone rams have a chance to win games.Also there's no quit in the niners. Pierre Garcon can play for my team (Giants) any time

barahona44
09-22-2017, 02:49 PM
my team (Giants)

I knew there was something about you I liked :).

Big Blue Forever! :ThmbUp:

Secondbest
09-22-2017, 05:44 PM

I still have my 1956 football cards. They beat da bears that year.:jump:

Inner Dirt
09-22-2017, 06:29 PM
Now that Jeff Fisher is gone rams have a chance to win games.Also there's no quit in the niners. Pierre Garcon can play for my team (Giants) any time

I am a Redskin fan, letting him go was one of the dumbest decisions for the Redskins this century.

BetHorses!
09-23-2017, 06:16 AM
Line smells

Why are Chiefs only -3 over Chargers this week? Am I missing something here? I know the Center is out but this game should be higher no??

barahona44
09-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Line smells

Why are Chiefs only -3 over Chargers this week? Am I missing something here? I know the Center is out but this game should be higher no??

Maybe the linemakers might think the Chiefs may be due for a letdown and the Chargers have battled two solid teams (Broncos, Dolphins) down to the wire.Only thing I can think of.

Secondbest
09-23-2017, 01:26 PM
Line smells

On the road against a division rival. Always tough games. See Thursday night

burnsy
09-23-2017, 04:59 PM

Living here in NY most of my life. I'm a Bills fan but the Giants are another team I always pull for. Can't like the Jets because they are in the Bills division.

The Giants gotta dump Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese. They are borderline dereliction of duty with those choices they make. Poor Eli may not last the season. I really thought he was going to get hurt badly Monday Night. The coach has the nerve to question a time out Eli missed publicly, when the poor guy is just trying to survive. Shut you're trap and get the poor guy some help. His receivers' also dropped simple passes. They are a hot mess this year.

Needless to say, I like Philly this week (Betting). If the offensive line for the Giants does not hold up, this could get real ugly. The Giants gotta play like its the "season" and its only the third week........:bang:

barahona44
09-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Living here in NY most of my life. I'm a Bills fan but the Giants are another team I always pull for. Can't like the Jets because they are in the Bills division.

The Giants gotta dump Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese. They are borderline dereliction of duty with those choices they make. Poor Eli may not last the season. I really thought he was going to get hurt badly Monday Night. The coach has the nerve to question a time out Eli missed publicly, when the poor guy is just trying to survive. Shut you're trap and get the poor guy some help. His receivers' also dropped simple passes. They are a hot mess this year.

Needless to say, I like Philly this week (Betting). If the offensive line for the Giants does not hold up, this could get real ugly. The Giants gotta play like its the "season" and its only the third week........:bang:
Few things irritate me more than McAdoo on the sidelines with his face always behind thst oversized play menu card.(Is he ordering from the Olive Garden?:)) I never see him interacting with others on the sidelines.I wouldn't mind if the play calling showed some imagination but it doesn't.He'll get another couple of years simply because of making the playoffs last year but he needs to get an OC or at least an assistant OC to get some fresh ideas.

Secondbest
09-23-2017, 09:33 PM
Few things irritate me more than McAdoo on the sidelines with his face always behind thst oversized play menu card.(Is he ordering from the Olive Garden?:)) I never see him interacting with others on the sidelines.I wouldn't mind if the play calling showed some imagination but it doesn't.He'll get another couple of years simply because of making the playoffs last year but he needs to get an OC or at least an assistant OC to get some fresh ideas.

I never thought i would say this but bring back kevin gilbride.
8 games straight under 20 pts:bang:

Inner Dirt
09-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Anybody watch the Ravens-Jaguars? What is wrong with Baltimore? My friend in Cali had the Ravens on all 3 of his parlays. He will wake up to find his NFL day is already over.

Robert Fischer
09-24-2017, 02:34 PM
bears unis do not look like NFL unis.
Nike gets to play around, to try to draw attention to their brand, and they did not respect the game, producing amateur uniforms.

Steelers defense doesn't look like NFL defense. Bad play happens. Most excusable.

The referees do not look like NFL referees. They are making a lot of errors on pass plays with timing of hits, and it took them ten minutes to figure out a fumble at the end of the half.

I feel like I'm watching arena league, or flag football. No sense of professional, quality, intensity etc...

Broadcast is included in the amateur display.

thaskalos
09-24-2017, 02:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6yYPrZYQHg

And yet...Marcus Cooper Sr.(# 31) got handshakes and high-fives from his teammates on the sidelines...even AFTER the touchback was confirmed by the refs.

Secondbest
09-24-2017, 03:21 PM
After 10 quarters Giants have less points than the Colts, Jets, and Browns have today alone. UGH

Secondbest
09-24-2017, 03:26 PM
After 10 quarters Giants have less points than the Colts, Jets, and Browns have today alone. UGH

Make that 11 quarters. Touchdown Giants finally

Secondbest
09-24-2017, 03:28 PM
15 yard penalty . For Beckham after score. What a schmuck.

Secondbest
09-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Great catch. No penalty. Tied up. Right after my they stink post. I'll take it.

Robert Fischer
09-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Ending marred (as far as I can tell from the gamecast/boxscore) by one of those penalties where time runs off the clock.
IIRC there was also a late interception that Ryan threw in the 4th.
Volatile game, neither team 'proved' best, but both teams played solid football. Not a great pick.
Flip a coin.

Atlanta looks strong thus far.
Good on both sides of the ball. Very focused. High energy.

Momentum can change abruptly in the NFL, and some teams can't play like that for a full season.

I'm not betting the ATL - Detroit game, but this fan's guess is that Atlanta will win by more than 3.

barahona44
09-25-2017, 11:46 AM
After 3 weeks only 2 teams (KC,ATL) are 3-0.Nobody's going to run and hide this year, should make for a most interesting December.

And the Jets have a better record than the Giants.:bang::bang:

Robert Fischer
09-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Looking ahead, the fan in me thinks that the Bengals will win by more than 3 in Cleve-Land.

The Browns are a bit of a wildcard(in this game). They have a decent backfield with Kizer and Johnson.

I'm guessing that the culture and overall quality of the Bengals will be too much for their division rival.

barahona44
09-28-2017, 01:24 AM
The Thursday night match up is Da Bears of Chicagoland at the Green Bay Packers.The line, as I write this is the Cheeseheads by 7 (opened at 10) and the O/U is 45 1/2.I'll take the Pack and the over.The Bears aren't good enough to be consistent, so their victory over Pittsburgh and almost W against the Falcons won't count for much.I think it will be more like an easy victory for GB IF Aaron Rodgers, the best QB in the game IMHO, is on his own game.He's as close to a one-man team as anybody is in football.

YTD. 3-3 (2-1 win; 1-2 O/U)

BetHorses!
10-01-2017, 02:07 AM
49ers +6.5

Broncos -3

Texans +2.5

Eagles +2.5

Jets +3

Robert Fischer
10-01-2017, 02:56 PM
This one went pretty straight forward. Ended up being a clear value pick.

Bengals are a 'tweener' team(not a superbowl threat, but will win games and put up yards) with the ability to use a pro-style NFL passing offense. They tend to start seasons well (in spite of the poor record early this year), and usually make some noise in their division race at some point during the season.

Browns were a wildcard in a game like this, but they are a class below the Bengals. They never really got athlete QB Kizer off and running today, or develop a 2-man game with Kizer and Johnson catching passes out of the backfield.

Looking ahead, the fan in me thinks that the Bengals will win by more than 3 in Cleve-Land.

The Browns are a bit of a wildcard(in this game). They have a decent backfield with Kizer and Johnson.

I'm guessing that the culture and overall quality of the Bengals will be too much for their division rival.

burnsy
10-01-2017, 04:16 PM
The Bills are kicking ass. With tears in me eyes.......I've been waiting years and decades for a team like this! Just stay healthy, the defense is crushing this year! The new coaches have a great scheme going. Playing with discipline, like an actual team.

MutuelClerk
10-01-2017, 05:17 PM
How bad is/was Jeff Fisher? The Rams play hard.

proximity
10-01-2017, 07:43 PM
there's a game coming up tonight against the seahawks. I don't bet but if I had to guess i'd say we use our improved run defense and blanket coverage (that should only get tighter with the return of vontae davis) to at least cover the 13 point spread.

however if we're not going to stand for the national anthem i'm not going to watch the game. I can't believe this behavior has become acceptable. :confused:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Statement-from-the-Indianapolis-Colts-Players/fac99fca-858d-43e4-b9f9-ed0c7326584f

Secondbest
10-01-2017, 11:35 PM
How bad is/was Jeff Fisher? The Rams play hard.

The most overrated coach of the last 20 years.

dnlgfnk
10-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Jeff Fisher was hired by the St. Louis Rams because they were moving to L.A. from day one under Stan Kroenke, and Fisher had experience with such a move (Houston Oilers become Tennessee Titans)...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/jeff-fisher-knew-in-that-kroenke-was-moving-to-la/article_825944f0-a83f-54e0-9454-bda20fa8be41.html

thaskalos
10-02-2017, 01:35 AM
49ers +6.5

Broncos -3

Texans +2.5

Eagles +2.5

Jets +3

Piece of cake! :ThmbUp:

BetHorses!
10-02-2017, 09:24 AM
Piece of cake! :ThmbUp:

Yes 5-0 thanks....too easy which is why I rather play horses :)

barahona44
10-02-2017, 12:50 PM

100% winners!!! Call 1-800-BET-HORSES for my FREE Dead Solid Lead Pipe LOCK OF THE WEEK! :lol:

Congrats on your perfect weekend.:ThmbUp:

NJ Stinks
10-03-2017, 01:42 AM
The Chief cover tonight was a bad dream for Redskin backers. :eek:

barahona44
10-05-2017, 01:31 AM
Thursday Night Football is here again.Tonight it's Super Bowl champions New England Patriots vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.The line is Pats by 5 with an O/U of 54 1/2.The Patriots defense has been New Orleans Saints like this season.While a short week, I see the Pats tightening up a little in the D side.Jamelis Winston is a fine, young QB, but the key word is young.I will take the Pats (Tom Brady is Bradyesque as ever) and the under.I think the Bucs don't muster as much offense as normal.Looking at a score in the 34-17 range.

And when are the Bucaneers going to bring back their Creamsicle uniforms? Screw this Color Rush nonsense

TNF YTD. 5-3 (3-1 win, 2-2 O/U)

Inner Dirt
10-05-2017, 05:50 PM

Hope that was on a 5 game parlay, don't they pay around 20-1 if bet by the spread?

Valuist
10-05-2017, 07:23 PM
49ers +6.5

Broncos -3

Texans +2.5

Eagles +2.5

Jets +3

5-0. Very nice:ThmbUp:

Valuist
10-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Hope that was on a 5 game parlay, don't they pay around 20-1 if bet by the spread?

They do. The only problem is the theoretical payoff on a 5 team (non moneyline) parlay is about 32-1.

BetHorses!
10-05-2017, 08:53 PM
5-0. Very nice:ThmbUp:

Thanks...waiting for some of your punches :ThmbUp:

burnsy
10-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Maybe it was the short week, it seems like that happens on Thursday from time to time. But neither team looked like much. Sloppy play on both sides, Tampa can't kick to literally save their lives or complete a pass on 3rd down and New England is still limping along. Brady got hammered yet again, they got issues right now and the AFC has some other teams looming large. Right now, they don't even look like the same team that they were.

barahona44
10-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Maybe it was the short week, it seems like that happens on Thursday from time to time. But neither team looked like much. Sloppy play on both sides, Tampa can't kick to literally save their lives or complete a pass on 3rd down and New England is still limping along. Brady got hammered yet again, they got issues right now and the AFC has some other teams looming large. Right now, they don't even look like the same team that they were.

Brady was sluggish and tired looking and seemed to missing his usual pep.Probably a combo of short week, his age and the realization that this team is not what it usually is, giving him more of a burden to carry the team than normally.

burnsy
10-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Brady was sluggish and tired looking and seemed to missing his usual pep.Probably a combo of short week, his age and the realization that this team is not what it usually is, giving him more of a burden to carry the team than normally.

Brady is "willing" this team to win. He's keeping them alive. But the rest of the team is not keeping him alive. Holding, missed blocks and he is getting beat up, that's why he looks like that. The offensive line is not their usual standard. Everyone talks about their defense which is also lacking now. Two best receivers are hurt.......Gronk is perpetually nicked up now it seems like. People can say it doesn't matter all they want, but a 40 yo guy can't withstand a physical beating in that league. They gotta go back to the drawing board in a hurry.

The usual suspects Denver and Pittsburg are licking their chops right now and there are younger teams rising like KC and Houston. Looks like the Texans finally have a QB. Oakland is better now but hurt and if the Patriots don't get their shit together they may even have trouble beating the Bills at this point.

BetHorses!
10-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Arizona +6.5

Jax +7.5

Jets +1

Bills +3.5 (-123)

Car +2.5

thaskalos
10-08-2017, 10:28 AM
JAX. +7.5

S.F. +2

LAC. +3

I'll wait for G.B....hoping that the line will move to +3

barahona44
10-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Tonight's Thursday Night game is between the Eagles and Panthers at Charlotte.The line, as I write this, is CAR by 3 with an O/U of 44.I will choose the Panthers as I still think the Eagles at this point are still not as proven as the Panthers are.Plenty of young teams with young Qb's come out of the gates quickly but then settle down and revert to the mean.I think this will be shown tonight.The O/U I"m not sure about as Thursday night football games seem to favor the under.I've always leaned towards the over with 2 good QB's duking it out so the over it is.I am guessing a score in the 26-21 range.

TNF YTD. 6-3-1. (Win 3-1-1 , O/U 3-2)

BetHorses!
10-15-2017, 11:59 AM
3-2 last week

Det +5.5
SF +10.5
Ariz +2
Indy +7

Robert Fischer
10-15-2017, 01:18 PM
On paper KC favored by only 3 pts @ home vs. Pitt seems like robbery.
Are you morally flexible enough to take money from the house here?? What's the limit???

However, Pittsburgh is one of the NFL's face franchises. Pitt is treading water at 3-2, and another loss begins to reach the territory that threatens some advertisement revenue.
NFL doesn't give a care about KC, and with their 5-0 record coming in, a loss today isn't going to cost them.

I would be scared to bet this game. I don't trust the league in situations like these.

tucker6
10-15-2017, 09:11 PM
On paper KC favored by only 3 pts @ home vs. Pitt seems like robbery.
Are you morally flexible enough to take money from the house here?? What's the limit???

However, Pittsburgh is one of the NFL's face franchises. Pitt is treading water at 3-2, and another loss begins to reach the territory that threatens some advertisement revenue.
NFL doesn't give a care about KC, and with their 5-0 record coming in, a loss today isn't going to cost them.

I would be scared to bet this game. I don't trust the league in situations like these.

It got close in the end but Pittsburgh was dominant in all phases. KC record was a mirage.

barahona44
10-15-2017, 11:53 PM
Glad Giants HC Ben McAdoo finally saw the light and gave up the play calling duties (and I highly suspect it wasn't his idea).Instead of having that Red Lobster menu play sheet in front of his face all the time, he actually looked like a head coach.And kudos to the offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan for calling a solid game despite a patchwork receiving corps and retrofitted offensive line.

Just goes to show in the NFL, when you think you got it knocked,that's when you fall flat on your ass.And when it looks like you're going to be swallowed up by the earth, victory often arises.

BetHorses!
10-17-2017, 02:28 PM
3-2 last week

Det +5.5
SF +10.5
Ariz +2
Indy +7

2-2 ugh Indy

Last two weeks
5-0
3-2

10-4 YTD

barahona44
10-19-2017, 07:17 AM
Tonite the Chiefs play the Raiders in Oakland.The number,as I write this, is KC by 3 with an over/under of 46.
Along with the Giants,the Raiders have been the biggest disappointment in the NFL.Oakland has lost 4 in a row after winning their first two.Going on the assumption that good teams don't stay bad, I am going with the Raiders and the over.I admit I would feel more confident with my selection if this game were on Sunday and Derek Carr had another 3 days to recover from his back injury.

TNF. YTD. 7-4-1 (Win 3-2-1. Over/Under. 4-2)

BetHorses!
10-22-2017, 12:42 PM
10-4 YTD

Arizona +3
Bills -3
Clev +5.5
Giants +3.5
Eagles -4.5

barahona44
10-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Thursday Night Football game is the Miami Dolphins at the Baltimore Ravens.The line as I write this is Baltimore by 3 with a O/U of 37 1/2.This is a tough game to figure out as both teams have been up and down and the Ravens in particular have been underachieving.Miami has won 3 in a row but I don't see them as a 4 in row type.Jay Cutler is not playing due to rib injuries.I am going to choose Baltimore and the over.I think the Ravens will finally wake up and the game I think will be close in the 24-20 neighborhood.

TNF YTD. 9-4-1 (W 4-2-1) (O/U 5-2)

Robert Fischer
10-28-2017, 08:07 PM
Don't know the teams well enough to have a betting opinion.

some interesting games this weekend:

Cowboys vs Indians - 'Skins opened home favorites (-1), and apparently significant action has moved the line to Dal -2.
Forgive me if I missed a major injury/depth chart piece of info, but at a glance this sure looks like an 'action' game. I like when the odds move in line w/ the action, (as opposed to lines that hold steady in spite of lopsided action). Soothes the conspiracy nerves... May the best team win this Sunday. Fair battle. Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know these teams well enough. Gut says Dallas.

Bills vs Raidaz - Now those aforementioned 'conspiracy nerves' are a tingling...
The Bills are dangerously close to Bill-ding some serious momentum. The AFC East is designed to provide sparring partners for the champ(Pats), not contenders. Raiders getting about 2, 2.5 on the road, and I can't help but consider the possibility that they will have good opportunities.

Robert Fischer
10-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Bills looking tough.

cj
10-29-2017, 06:56 PM
I don't know how anybody can sit and watch a game any longer. I can't do it. Between the penalties, replays, bad play and commercials I'd rather watch just about anything else.

thaskalos
10-29-2017, 07:26 PM
I don't know how anybody can sit and watch a game any longer. I can't do it. Between the penalties, replays, bad play and commercials I'd rather watch just about anything else.

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Totally unwatchable! The NFL makes baseball look THRILLING in comparison. The football games are so freaking boring that I can't even tune to SportsCenter to watch the highlights.

Secondbest
10-29-2017, 07:46 PM
Now they put commercials in between plays when the team is in the huddle.
Another reason why I watch way less than I used to.

barahona44
11-02-2017, 03:29 PM
Thursday night football pits the Buffalo Bills vs. the New York Jets at Metlife Stadium in the Garden State.The line as I write this is Buffalo by 3 and an O/U of 42 1/2. Every NFL team (except Jacksonville) has to play at least one game on Thursday.Some matchups seemed at the beginning of the season to be less than terrific and this indeed seemed to be one.Recall however that the Rams-49ers early in the season also seemed to be that type of matchup and that turned out as one of the best games of the year.However the Bills are currently only a half game behind the Patriots and they have an impressive +14 turnover differential,which leads the league. They have a Gibraltar-like defense and they don't beat themselves.

The consensus on the Jets was that they were going to tank this season to get the number one choice and grab a potential franchise QB.To their credit the Jets are 3-5 and have battled down to the wire in most of their games giving the Patriots and Falcons the last three weeks all they could handle.However,there comes a point where talent beats out effort and I feel the Jets are reaching that place.Too many close games can take their toll.Given that, I am taking Buffalo and the under.I've been successful going with the over and that streak should come to an end tonight.That number seems a tad generous. I see a fairly easy victory for Buffalo in the neighborhood of 28-10.

TNF YTD. 11-4-1. (Win 5-2-1 O/U 6-2)

Robert Fischer
11-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Thursday night football pits the Buffalo Bills vs. the New York Jets at Metlife Stadium in the Garden State.The line as I write this is Buffalo by 3 and an O/U of 42 1/2. Every NFL team (except Jacksonville) has to play at least one game on Thursday.Some matchups seemed at the beginning of the season to be less than terrific and this indeed seemed to be one.Recall however that the Rams-49ers early in the season also seemed to be that type of matchup and that turned out as one of the best games of the year.However the Bills are currently only a half game behind the Patriots and they have an impressive +14 turnover differential,which leads the league. They have a Gibraltar-like defense and they don't beat themselves.

The consensus on the Jets was that they were going to tank this season to get the number one choice and grab a potential franchise QB.To their credit the Jets are 3-5 and have battled down to the wire in most of their games giving the Patriots and Falcons the last three weeks all they could handle.However,there comes a point where talent beats out effort and I feel the Jets are reaching that place.Too many close games can take their toll.Given that, I am taking Buffalo and the under.I've been successful going with the over and that streak should come to an end tonight.That number seems a tad generous. I see a fairly easy victory for Buffalo in the neighborhood of 28-10.

TNF YTD. 11-4-1. (Win 5-2-1 O/U 6-2)

My 'conspiracy nerves' are tingling again with this game.

If I handicapped this game, I'd say Buffalo by two scores.
Again, I'm worried that Buffalo is becoming a threat to the Patriots, and the league would prefer the Patriots (probably the home-field thing as well).

A conspiracy worry wouldn't spur me to bet ON the Jets here, just has me scared away from betting the game.

barahona44
11-09-2017, 11:47 AM
Thursday night football is upon us again.The Seattle Seahawks visit Phoenix to take on the Arizona Cardinals.The Seahawks , as I write this,are 6 point favorites and the O/U is 40 1/2.The Cardinals are missing Carson Palmer and David Johnson and are 4-4.Drew Stanton who's been the backup for several years gets the call at QB.Adrian Peterson has been a pleasant surprise since joining the Cardinals a few weeks ago.He carried the ball 37 times on Sunday however I wonder at age 32 if he can take another pounding four days later.Pete Carroll, like Bill Belichick, rarely has back to back losses so I will go with Seattle and the under.

I was a little bummed that last week ,I whiffed on both the winner and o/u for only the second time this year.Looking for a turnaround.

TNF YTD. 11-6-1 . (Win 5-3-1) (O/U 6-3)

barahona44
11-16-2017, 11:31 AM
Tonight's Thursday night game pits the Tennessee Titans against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Steel City.As I write this the line is Pittsburgh by 7 with an O/U of 44.I'm going with the Titans and the over although I expect a Steelers W.The Titans are a quiet 6-3 this year and since they play in Nashville, get virtually no national attention.Both teams are on 4 game winning streaks.Pittsburgh barely beat the Colts on Sunday but I think 7 is a little large of a number.

Last week I dodged a bullet.Arizona scored a touchdown with 20 seconds to go and I was resigned to Seattle losing the cover.However the Seahawks blocked the extra point and that little miracle produced a push.And a push is always better than a loss.:)

TNF YTD. 12-6-2 (Win. 5-3-2. ,O/U 7-3)

ldiatone
11-17-2017, 09:21 PM
just thought this was funny:pound:

barahona44
11-23-2017, 11:33 AM
First off,Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in PA land.Turkey and football are on order for the day.There are three games on tap today,but to keep my Thursday night football predictions consistent,I will choose the evening clash between the New York Giants and the Washington Re****ns :) in Washington.The numbers ,as I write this are Washington by 7 with an O/U of 44 1/2.The Redskins should win but I don't know about the cover.The Giants offensive line was much improved on Sunday;the strong winds prevented much scoring on Sunday but Manning had time to throw.It will be calm, so if Manning can find time to throw , the Giants should keep it close.Washington has had tough losses lately and that can take a lot out of a team emotionally. I will take the Giants and the over.

TNF YTD. 13-7-2. (Win 5-4-2 , O/U 8-3)

ldiatone
11-28-2017, 03:42 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – For the first time in more than 13 years, the Giants are changing starting quarterbacks.

NEWS

> Giants Chronicles: Best of 2007 SB run Coach Ben McAdoo announced today that Geno Smith will start in place of Eli Manning when the Giants face the Raiders in Oakland on Sunday. Rookie Davis Webb will also play, if not this week, then sometime before the end of the season.

“Geno will start this week,” McAdoo said. “Over the last five games, we will take a look at Geno, and we will also give Davis an opportunity.”

barahona44
11-28-2017, 06:56 PM
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – For the first time in more than 13 years, the Giants are changing starting quarterbacks.

NEWS

> Giants Chronicles: Best of 2007 SB run Coach Ben McAdoo announced today that Geno Smith will start in place of Eli Manning when the Giants face the Raiders in Oakland on Sunday. Rookie Davis Webb will also play, if not this week, then sometime before the end of the season.

“Geno will start this week,” McAdoo said. “Over the last five games, we will take a look at Geno, and we will also give Davis an opportunity.”

Great idea if you were starting Davis Webb to see what you have.You know EXACTLY what you're getting with Geno Smith; a player who at his best is the next coming of Jon Kitna or Gus Frerotte, i.e, a career backup who can fill in adequately for awhile but will never be elite or even close.Unless Ben McAdoo sees what Case Keenum has done with the Vikings and thinks Geno could be that way , too.What's interesting is that McAdoo gave Manning an offer to start to keep his consecutive game streak alive but Eli turned him down.

This move tells me 2 things: 1)The Eli Manning era is probably over and he'll be elsewhere next year.Jacksonville would be a good stop, they're a good young (read cheap) team who needs a good QB and could easily fit Eli's contract in their cap, like what Peyton did with Denver and 2) McAdoo will possibly be back next year.Maybe he convinced ownership to give him another chance and that a fresh start with a new QB is the way to go.

Secondbest
11-28-2017, 10:49 PM

NEWS

Eli is having a bad year. The team is 2-9 . If they said we want to see what Davis Webb can do , then ok everyone gets it. But Geno Smith with his 21 td's and 36 picks lifetime. The (ugh) Jets didn't want him ,are you kidding me
Geno Smith!!!!!. The coach and GM and have to go. Time for a clean sweep.

burnsy
11-29-2017, 06:56 AM
Eli is having a bad year. The team is 2-9 . If they said we want to see what Davis Webb can do , then ok everyone gets it. But Geno Smith with his 21 td's and 36 picks lifetime. The (ugh) Jets didn't want him ,are you kidding me
Geno Smith!!!!!. The coach and GM and have to go. Time for a clean sweep.

Agreed, Eli had no protection, a minimal running game and right now he has one dependable target and that guy is a rookie. It may be safer off the field because this team is as anemic as it gets. QB position is the most important but its also overrated..............There's not a QB in the land that would win with this dumpster fire or the current state of affairs in the management and coaching department.

Hey Eli, Jacksonville needs your services, they are pretty good and they have someone that can actually run a football team. I hear the VP of the team is a friend of yours, maybe the phone will ring.

Further more, the Mara's are shameful for allowing this. Take a walk Eli.

barahona44
11-30-2017, 11:39 AM
Thursday Night Football pits 2 NFC East teams,the Washington Native Americans against the Dallas Cowpersons (decided to wear my PC beanie today :D) at Big D.The line is, as I write this,is the Redskins by 2 1/2 with an O/U of 46 1/2. I like to look at how a team is playing the past 2 or 3 weeks and the Dallas offense has been historically bad the last three weeks;the team has scored less than 10 points three games in a row for the first time in franchise history.Although I thought Dallas played over their head last year and they're missing their best player Ezekiel Elliot ,they're still better than they have played lately.Dez Bryant has to emerge from the Witness Protection Program sooner or later.Both teams are 5-6 and the loser for all intents and purposes will be eliminated from the playoffs, thus there is a sense of urgency for both squads.
Looking for a rebound, I'll take the Cowboys and the over.

TNF YTD 13-9-2. (Win 5-5-2, O/U 8-4)

upthecreek
12-01-2017, 09:24 AM
https://twitter.com/connellmcshane/status/936596336375422978

burnsy
12-03-2017, 01:01 PM
https://twitter.com/connellmcshane/status/936596336375422978

I think the safety concerns and the player / management confrontations are more of a concern. The political thing will be forgotten over time. Some will never come back but some will. The liberals and conservatives are out on a limb.......more and more people are seeing through that garbage, that's why there are so many independents out there. The sheeple are divided up into 2 neat little flocks , its great if one is in power or super wealthy and people are finally figuring this out . Plus, Trump has a bone to pick with the NFL they have been shutting him out for decades.......they don't want him near it. Who would? Its not just the kneeling that pissed him off, he uses that against them, its an opportunity for him.

Football dead? Look at horse racing, hockey, boxing and golf. They have been limping along for decades as far as ratings. NFL is far from death, golf is banking on one guy that has had multi back surgeries, every time he pisses on a course, its news. The NFL is still light years ahead of most sports out there, if not all of them.

barahona44
12-03-2017, 06:45 PM
I think the safety concerns and the player / management confrontations are more of a concern. The political thing will be forgotten over time. Some will never come back but some will. The liberals and conservatives are out on a limb.......more and more people are seeing through that garbage, that's why there are so many independents out there. The sheeple are divided up into 2 neat little flocks , its great if one is in power or super wealthy and people are finally figuring this out . Plus, Trump has a bone to pick with the NFL they have been shutting him out for decades.......they don't want him near it. Who would? Its not just the kneeling that pissed him off, he uses that against them, its an opportunity for him.

Football dead? Look at horse racing, hockey, boxing and golf. They have been limping along for decades as far as ratings. NFL is far from death, golf is banking on one guy that has had multi back surgeries, every time he pisses on a course, its news. The NFL is still light years ahead of most sports out there, if not all of them.

Well said.One of the NFL'S strengths is that they sell the game not the stars.Because when the stars retire/decline, interest also declines..

burnsy
12-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Well said.One of the NFL'S strengths is that they sell the game not the stars.Because when the stars retire/decline, interest also declines..

Agreed, and each and every team has a few stars on them. Since this is a horse racing forum, I'll just bring this up. There are not enough real stars in horse racing, its not as bad as golf but the freaking careers are shorter than an average NFL player. Horse racing can't even sell "the game" because the real super stars don't stick around long enough for a true following. In its "Hey Day" horses used to command the front of the sports page when certain horses ran from season to season. The two best horses in the last few years, American Pharoah and Arrogate, lasted for about a year.........the former won a Triple Crown and a BC...........then retired, 15,000 people showed up to watch him work at Saratoga! Gone 2 1/2 months later!

They can sell "the game" from noon to midnight but when the stars are only around for 12 months or less, its hard to get a casual fan base to follow "the game". The only thing I may disagree a bit with your comment is the game has to be combined with the right number of stars or it will struggle......just look a golf. Their big "story" is when one guy has had to "come back" like 3 or 4 times in like 7 years......that's just pathetic.

When I look at these other sports and then hear that the NFL is dying.........I just have to laugh! The NFL could probably lose 30% or more and still outrank most of the other sports and at times the aggregate of some of these sports combined.

Secondbest
12-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Giants just announced that they have fired GM Jerry Reese and HC Ben Mcadoo

Valuist
12-04-2017, 01:09 PM
Seattle has a terrible O line, no running game and a defense that has been trashed by injuries. But they have one thing: Russell Wilson. And that lifetime QB rating that is in the top 2 of all time doesn't lie. Hard to imagine where the Seahawks would be without Wilson.

MutuelClerk
12-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Cheap shot by Gronk. I'm guessing two game suspension.

barahona44
12-04-2017, 06:05 PM
One game for the Gronk, no announcement if he will appeal but has to be assumed.The Dolphins usually give the Pats a run for their money when they play in Miami so I have to think Bellichik wants all hands on deck.

barahona44
12-04-2017, 06:24 PM
Giants just announced that they have fired GM Jerry Reese and HC Ben Mcadoo

Only real surprise is that in didn't happen at season's end, the Jints rarely make midseason moves.

Although it might seem like redboarding, I never liked the McAdoo hire.When he was the Giants OC, I didn't see a huge uptick in either imagination or output and before that he was Green Bay's QB coach.Well, if you ask me Aaron Rodgers needs a quarterback coach like Rembrandt and Picasso need art lessons.Nothing on his resume screamed out "NFL Head Coach".He always had his face in that oversized play call card and just didn't seem to have either the fiery personality and/or interpersonal skills that most successful coaches posess.

A guy I'd like to possibly see as the HC is Jim Schwartz currently the DC of the Eagles.He did a good job getting the Lions in semi respectable condition, then spent the year as Buffalo's defensive coordinator, and had that team near the top of the NFL defense stats, before Sexy Rexy Ryan took over as head coach.He's doing a similar excellent job with the Eagles.

barahona44
12-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Tonight's Thursday Night football game has the New Orleans Saints against the Atlanta Falcons at Atlanta.As I write this, the line (which has moved quickly from the Saints to the Falcons) is Atlanta by 2 with an O/U of 51 1-2 .I will take the Falcons as I think they will rebound from their loss to the Vikings.A year ago this would have been a shootout worthy of the OK Corral but the Saints have tightened up their defense and have a top notch running game.Mark Ingram is expected to play, so I feel that the Saints will be running more to control the clock.Thus I will take the under.

TNF YTD: 15-9-2. (Win 6-5-2. O/U. 9-4-0)

barahona44
12-14-2017, 12:18 PM
The final Thursday night game is tonight and pits the Denver Broncos against the Indianapolis Colts at Indy.When the schedule was set back in the spring, this must have looked like a good match.The Broncos have been one of the more successful franchises in recent decades and their frequent playoff appearances have given them somewhat of a national following.The Colts QB Andrew Luck was only expected to miss the first month of the season following surgery.Well, the Broncos have unexpectedly flopped and Luck has not played at all this year.
As I write this,the line is Denver by 2 1/2 with an O/U of 41.The Broncos finally played a complete game against the Jets on Sunday, probably saving first year coach Vance Joseph's job for now.Chuck Pagano, the Colts coach, OTOH, is dead man walking.I saw a press conference he did a couple of weeks ago and I thought if he had been arrested, he would be on suicide watch, he was so down.

I tend to go with the overs on Thursday and this has proven to be a sound strategy so far.My philosophy is that if I start to get comfortable with a trend, it's time to switch said trend.Neither offense is good and Denver still has a solid defense, which has taken a step back this year.Off Denver being a better team and coming off a solid game, I will take the Broncos and the under.

TNF YTD. 17-9-2. (Win 7-5-2. O/U 10-4-0)

Secondbest
12-14-2017, 01:55 PM
The worst matchup I can remember for a late season national game

Inner Dirt
12-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Anybody notice all the glaring errors that Mike Turico makes? He is pathetic tonight.

barahona44
12-15-2017, 01:58 AM
With getting both the win and the under tonight, the final results for Thursday Night Football predictions for the year.

Overall: 19-9-2. (.667)

Win. 8-5-2. (.600)

O/U. 11-4-0. (.733)

lamboguy
12-15-2017, 06:02 AM
With getting both the win and the under tonight, the final results for Thursday Night Football predictions for the year.

Win. 8-5-2. (.600)

O/U. 11-4-0. (.733)super job! hopefully, you do it again and again

Lemon Drop Husker
12-15-2017, 08:30 AM

Win. 8-5-2. (.600)

O/U. 11-4-0. (.733)

Those are some pretty incredible numbers over a season of NFL football.

A solid congrats, and a job very well done. :ThmbUp:

barahona44
12-15-2017, 08:30 AM
super job! hopefully, you do it again and again

Thanks Lambo, beginners luck I think.It helped to focus on the same type of game as opposed to forecasting random games on Sunday.

Of course, next year, I am guaranteed.to fall flat on me arse.:D

barahona44
12-15-2017, 08:32 AM
Those are some pretty incredible numbers over a season of NFL football.

A solid congrats, and a job very well done. :ThmbUp:

TY, LDH

MutuelClerk
12-17-2017, 05:22 PM
It seems this season teams are intercepting the ball on fourth down and costing themselves field position. Why? Bonuses? Be on TV? Mental midgets? Can't you just knock down the ball? Usually the reason you play defense is because you can't catch anyways. They line you up when you're ten years old, throw you the ball. If you catch it you go with the offense. If you drop it you go with the defense. A stigma that lasts forever.

ldiatone
12-26-2017, 07:44 PM
james harrison released by the stillers and signs w/ NE:eek::puke:

barahona44
12-27-2017, 11:33 AM

Bet Belllichick squeezes him for info regarding the Steelers, then cuts him loose.
Or maybe Tomlin did this on purpose and Harrison feeds the Pats false intelligence.
Or maybe Belllichick thinks that what Tomlin's objective was and does the opposite
of what Harrison tells them.
Or maybe...:confused: :D

Secondbest
12-27-2017, 01:11 PM
Bet Belllichick squeezes him for info regarding the Steelers, then cuts him loose.
Or maybe Tomlin did this on purpose and Harrison feeds the Pats false intelligence.
Or maybe Belllichick thinks that what Tomlin's objective was and does the opposite
of what Harrison tells them.
Or maybe...:confused: :D

Or maybe they think he's better than the guy they cut.

tucker6
12-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Or maybe they think he's better than the guy they cut.

I sure hope the former #53 on the Patriots roster wasn't that bad for his sake. Reports of Harrison sleeping in meetings or not even showing up at all makes for a poor player. The Patriots are hoping for any intel on the Steelers they can get, but considering that they played just two weeks ago, I doubt sleepyhead Harrison can fill in enough blanks to make it worthwhile.

ldiatone
12-28-2017, 04:15 PM
I sure hope the former #53 on the Patriots roster wasn't that bad for his sake. Reports of Harrison sleeping in meetings or not even showing up at all makes for a poor player. The Patriots are hoping for any intel on the Steelers they can get, but considering that they played just two weeks ago, I doubt sleepyhead Harrison can fill in enough blanks to make it worthwhile.

yinz all know he was charged for domestic violence w/ his girlfriend.
Linebacker James Harrison admitted to police in March 2008 he broke down a bedroom door, slapped his girlfriend in the face and snapped her cell phone in half during an argument the Steelers said at the time was over whether to baptize Harrison's son, according to the criminal complaint.

Allegheny County prosecutors dropped charges of simple assault and criminal mischief against Harrison after he entered into domestic abuse counseling and the girlfriend, Beth Tibbott, said she did not wish to pursue further charges.

burnsy
12-28-2017, 05:19 PM
Must be a slow week on ESPN and the sports chatter. Typical media harp. This guy has hardly played this year and he's probably done after the season ends. How good can he still be? And if he can't make the defense for the Steelers it really says something. Neither team has been great on defense this year. They have some good games vs. the inferior opponents but there have been games where both these teams have been lit up..........this guy is no JJ Watt, he's a band aid.

Someone in the AFC better come to life (on defense) in the next month or the SB will probably be a blood bath. I doubt this guy amounts to much, he hasn't even been playing. I guess it makes a juicy story though.......:lol:

Valuist
12-28-2017, 05:22 PM
Be leery of the "must win" teams. These teams have been notoriously bad bets in week 17. "Must win" is already well factored into the line. I'd be leery of teams like the Chargers and Bills. They definitely will not be getting my money.

tucker6
12-28-2017, 05:53 PM
And if he can't make the defense for the Steelers it really says something. Neither team has been great on defense this year.
Since the season is 93% over, it's reasonable to make conclusions. The Steelers are the #4 defense in the entire NFL by yards given up, and #5 by scoring allowed. I guess those numbers are NOT what you expected...

burnsy
12-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Agreed, the first week and the last week are the hardest to gauge. Some of the good teams will win or lose due to the bench. Some spreads have already taken wide changes after the coaches say the are resting people. On what you said, there's a reason those teams are in that position, many times its they don't measure up. I'll probably stick to 3 games. This has not been a great year for me, treading lightly.

My only clear trend has been NFC over AFC. The record is 41-23 on the money line.

burnsy
12-29-2017, 01:39 PM
Since the season is 93% over, it's reasonable to make conclusions. The Steelers are the #4 defense in the entire NFL by yards given up, and #5 by scoring allowed. I guess those numbers are NOT what you expected...

Yeah, look at who they played. They got burnt by several teams and they lapse giving up huge chunk plays. Forget about the average. I knew all those stats, its deceiving. They lost to the Bears. Gave up 30 vs. Jacksonville, 38 vs. the Ravens, 28 vs Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers. And against the Patriots they punted like fools, late in the 4th, and the Patriots were at the point they punted from in about 23 seconds. Not saying much for the Patriots after that when they give up an 80 yard play knowing what Pittsburg was going to do too. They tried to cover Gronk single coverage, sometimes with a safety, up and through the 2 point conversion.......it was awful. He caught like 4 passes in a row! I actually scout these games (watch them) and rate the class of each team. Believe me, they make a lot of mistakes on defense. Its easy to look good vs. the Cincinnati's and Cleveland's of the world. Their best win is versus the Vikings September 17th and Tennessee in November. They had the luxury of playing the Colts, Packers and Texans second string QB.

If you don't actually watch the games and see who they are playing, you can take those stats and toss them. That's why i posted my stat, NFC 41, AFC 23....that's a bottom line stat. You are right though, the season is 93% over. If I had starting betting NFC teams right from the start, i would of made a killing this year, like i usually do. As it is, I made a nice come back once i could see where the class of this league was this year. Its football , anything can happen but my eyes tell me Pittsburg probably won't cut it all the way through February playing defense the way they do.

NJ Stinks
12-30-2017, 02:21 AM
Not understanding Tomlin benching Ben and Bell this weekend. At least play the starters until the Pats blow open their game with the Jets.

Temps in the mid-teens and winds around 15 mph in Boston on Sunday can only help the underdog Jets and everybody knows they need help.

Robert Fischer
12-30-2017, 09:08 AM
Be leery of the "must win" teams. These teams have been notoriously bad bets in week 17. "Must win" is already well factored into the line. I'd be leery of teams like the Chargers and Bills. They definitely will not be getting my money.

The line on the Tenn vs Jacksonville game jumps off the screen.

Opens at -6 and is currently -3.

Anyone care to explain?

Robert Fischer
12-30-2017, 03:23 PM

Anyone care to explain?
Now -2.5 at some books :confused:

It seems to me that the line was initially set at -6 in part because of the 'must win' factor for Tenn.

Is this line movement a sign that Jacksonville is going to play hard, or is it simply a rejuvenated fan/betting base in Florida combined with a generous opening line and a questionable Tenn team??

Secondbest
12-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Tom Coughlin believes in going all out.He may not be the coach but he's the football boss. The year they beat the undefeated Pats, the Giants played them tough in the last game and that gave them confidence in the Bowl

pandy
12-30-2017, 10:17 PM
Tom Coughlin believes in going all out.He may not be the coach but he's the football boss. The year they beat the undefeated Pats, the Giants played them tough in the last game and that gave them confidence in the Bowl

That was some late season heroics by that Giants team. They started the season with a suspect secondary but ended up with one of the best defenses in football and a ferocious pass rush, they had the undefeated Patriots on the ropes in the last game of the season, a game they didn't need to win, and then they won three straight playoff games on the road including beating Favre and the Packers in single digit cold and, of course, the great Super Bowl win over the Patriots. As you say, Coughlin's strategy worked, it gave them confidence.

rastajenk
12-31-2017, 08:29 AM
Now -2.5 at some books :confused:

It seems to me that the line was initially set at -6 in part because of the 'must win' factor for Tenn.

Is this line movement a sign that Jacksonville is going to play hard, or is it simply a rejuvenated fan/betting base in Florida combined with a generous opening line and a questionable Tenn team??If Tennessee wins, they will play Jax again next week in the first round. Maybe that's incentive enough for the Jags who can't improve their seed, but might rather play any other team that barely makes the playoffs.

Might be a stretch, it's all I got. :cool:

pandy
12-31-2017, 08:40 AM
I love the Redskins minus 3 at the Giants today. Although these two teams usually play each other tough, the Giants have announced that Engram and Shepard aren't playing, which leaves either Eli or David Webb with no starting receivers, and the Giants don't run the ball well, either.

BetHorses!
12-31-2017, 11:58 AM

Anyone care to explain?

Sharps wiped out the +6's and the sheep followed all tbe way to +1

BetHorses!
12-31-2017, 12:17 PM
Mainly cause Jax playing their Starters

Robert Fischer
12-31-2017, 01:48 PM
Sharps wiped out the +6's and the sheep followed all tbe way to +1
Mainly cause Jax playing their Starters

I'm interested enough to follow this one. Kind of like a wildcard preview.

On another note, - a lot of people took the 'Skins this week, driving the line to -5, and I'm looking at the scoreboard and it's 15-7 Giants after 1 QTR...

barahona44
12-31-2017, 04:45 PM

The good news is that James Harrison stood for the national anthem.

The bad news is he stood apart from his new teammates by the bench all by his lonesome while the others stood on the sidelines about 10 feet away.

Secondbest
12-31-2017, 06:37 PM
In a win and in game the Bengals are beating the Ravens 24-10. Good Job by Harbaugh.Lets see if Flacco can pull it out.

Secondbest
12-31-2017, 06:55 PM
Saints also losing to Bucs . Can't take anything for granted in the NFL.

Secondbest
12-31-2017, 07:16 PM
I could care less about who wins the MVP but is any player more valuable to his team than Russel Wilson?

Secondbest
12-31-2017, 07:47 PM
In a win and in game the Bengals are beating the Ravens 24-10. Good Job by Harbaugh.Lets see if Flacco can pull it out.

Baltimore takes the lead. Good job by Flacco

barahona44
01-01-2018, 09:14 AM
So far Chuck Pagano (Colts), Jack Del Rio (Raiders),John Fox(Da Bears)and Jim Caldwell (Lions) have been shown the door.Caldwell had a winning record this year,apparently Detroit (the only team from the NFL-AFL merger that has never played in the Super Bowl) felt the Lions underachieved.

More to come.Wonder if John Harbaugh survives that last minute 49 yard td pass on 4th & 12 that eliminated the Ravens.I'm guessing yes.And :ThmbUp: to Buffalo for ending their 20 year playoff drought,longest in the NFL.

Tom
01-01-2018, 09:51 AM
I feel sorry for Buffalo fans.
The Bengals were like those twin-blade razors - first blades lifts the whisker up, second cuts it off! :pound:

_______
01-01-2018, 05:32 PM
The AFC looks like a division that will play out to script. I don’t see any of the wild card teams playing in that conference championship.

The NFC looks much more likely to have some surprises in store. I’m not sure at all what is going on with the Eagles.

Took Patriots at +210 for the Super Bowl. Took the Rams at +400 for the NFC and +900 for the Super Bowl. The Ram Super Bowl bet was 1/2 the size of the others.

MutuelClerk
01-02-2018, 12:17 PM
Does getting the band back together ever work in sports? i'm a Raider fan. Loved Gruden then. Now? i'm not so sure this will work. If the rumors about giving him a piece of the team are true this is going to set a very bad precedent. Especially when they move to Vegas and their value soars.

NJ Stinks
01-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Unfortunately for the NFL, TV, and us fans, the three most dangerous wild cards in the AFC (Ravens, Chargers, and Bengals) all failed to make the playoffs. That leaves us betting on how much NE & the Steelers will win by before they meet each other.

On the other hand, the NFC looks like a lot of fun. I lean toward the Land of the Purple People Eaters. :ThmbUp:

Tom
01-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Been a Viking fan since forever.
STILL smarting from the drubbing Bradshaw and company gave them in the SB. :rant:

ldiatone
01-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Been a Viking fan since forever.
STILL smarting from the drubbing Bradshaw and company gave them in the SB. :rant:

:headbanger: YES!

thaskalos
01-06-2018, 08:05 PM
How was that throw-and-catch TD play by Mariota allowed to stand? Wasn't he beyond the line of scrimmage when he let that ball go?

Tom
01-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Big game tonight!
Buffalo - the "Lost Patrol" somehow stumbled in to the playoffs.
Can't wait for the mto roll out their patented "No offense Huddle!" :lol:

Gus, you gotta let a play like that stand!

Robert Fischer
01-07-2018, 11:30 AM
It sure seems that a high% Brees will bury the Panthers and a wild erratic dual-threat Newton (and his bum throwing shoulder).

A bit wary, as Carolina (Ownership transfer in progress) stands to profit as a franchise with a win and some good press for Newton.

Tom
01-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Can't wait for them to roll out their patented "No offense Huddle!"

Executed flawlessly!
But, hey just wait until 2036~! :bang:
Alert the Peace Bridge to get those safety nets up and ready!

Nasty hits Taylor took to the head late.
Haven't seen a lot of NFL this year - gotta ask, does Tony Romo ever shut up?
He's more annoying in the booth than he was on the field.

Clocker
01-07-2018, 05:43 PM
does Tony Romo ever shut up?

I have a magic button on my remote that takes care of that.

Valuist
01-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Against the spread, all 4 underdogs got the money this past weekend.

lamboguy
01-08-2018, 03:11 AM
the Patriots are only -13 over the Titans. i made the line 24 before the Titans won their game. maybe perception is that there will be to many distractions for the home team in this event due to some phony unrelated story about the team. bottom line is the price on this game is way off even if you give them credit for a distraction.

Inner Dirt
01-08-2018, 08:43 AM
the Patriots are only -13 over the Titans. i made the line 24 before the Titans won their game. maybe perception is that there will be to many distractions for the home team in this event due to some phony unrelated story about the team. bottom line is the price on this game is way off even if you give them credit for a distraction.

I think that line is more of a product of the repeated talk of Brady's efficiency falling off in the last 5 games and throwing an interception in 5 straight games for the first time in 15 years. I think most people believe one of the best NFL coaches ever will have his team 100% ready and focused no matter what is circulating in the rumor mill.

MutuelClerk
01-08-2018, 09:05 AM
I think that line is more of a product of the repeated talk of Brady's efficiency falling off in the last 5 games and throwing an interception in 5 straight games for the first time in 15 years. I think most people believe one of the best NFL coaches ever will have his team 100% ready and focused no matter what is circulating in the rumor mill.

Not sure I agree. The rats are deserting the ship. Their focus should be in question. The head coach may leave. The DC will be with the Lions when the season ends. The OC will get offers. You have to wonder about focus don't you? I admit the Titans aren't that great but they could be in the right place at the right time. Usually the only way to beat the Patriots is looking them in the eye and trying to beat them down. Not run and gun. This style of play suits the Titans. Maybe I'm just hoping I can't stand the Pats. Remember The Titans!!!

pandy
01-08-2018, 09:47 AM
I hate the Patriots, too. I've done surprisingly well betting on or against them in the post season. You always have to factor in Belichick's coaching advantage, which is enormous.

Teams that do well against the Pats often have a good pass rush. That's really the only way to get Brady off his game. The Titans had 43 sacks during the regular season, ranking them fifth in the NFL. They're also good against the run. However, it's hard to see them beating the Patriots, who have the number 1 offense and their defense only allowed an average of 18.5 points per game, fifth in the NFL.

Tom
01-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Must be hard to come up new ways to cheat every year.
Belichick has my sympathy.
Tough job.

thaskalos
01-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Not sure I agree. The rats are deserting the ship. Their focus should be in question. The head coach may leave. The DC will be with the Lions when the season ends. The OC will get offers. You have to wonder about focus don't you? I admit the Titans aren't that great but they could be in the right place at the right time. Usually the only way to beat the Patriots is looking them in the eye and trying to beat them down. Not run and gun. This style of play suits the Titans. Maybe I'm just hoping I can't stand the Pats. Remember The Titans!!!

The Titans beat a team that had already lost 5 consecutive playoff home games...an all-time NFL record! The Patriots aren't like the Chiefs. Tom Brady can beat the Titans with one arm tied behind his back.

NJ Stinks
01-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Two plays from yesterday that were just plain senseless:

1. 4th and 2 for the Saints with 1:51 left in the game and the ball at the Carolina 47. The score is 31-26 Saints. Mike Adams of Carolina intercepts at the Carolina 31 and the Panthers take over at the Carolina 31 instead of the Carolina 47. Adams was either dumb or selfish. Take your pick. It's worth adding that the Panthers got down to the Saint 21 yard line on their final drive....

2. Dante Fowler Jr. of Jacksonville slams quarterback Tyrod Taylor's head to ground and Taylor had to leave the game concussed. If you play in the NFL do you really want to slam a fellow player's head into the ground? Is this not one of the biggest threats to to game that the NFL faces (head injuries)? Not to mention the fact that you are slamming the head of a fellow union member/human being into the ground.

Valuist
01-08-2018, 02:26 PM

1. 4th and 2 for the Saints with 1:51 left in the game and the ball at the Carolina 47. The score is 31-26 Saints. Mike Adams of Carolina intercepts at the Carolina 31 and the Panthers take over at the Carolina 31 instead of the Carolina 47. Adams was either dumb or selfish. Take your pick. It's worth adding that the Panthers got down to the Saint 21 yard line on their final drive....

2. Dante Fowler Jr. of Jacksonville slams quarterback Tyrod Taylor's head to ground and Taylor had to leave the game concussed. If you play in the NFL do you really want to slam a fellow player's head into the ground? Is this not one of the biggest threats to to game that the NFL faces (head injuries)? Not to mention the fact that you are slamming the head of a fellow union member/human being into the ground.

Taylor took about 3 brutal hits in the game.

The NFL has a lot of problems right now. The head injuries problem is more of a longer term one, as less kids enter the high school programs, which eventually hurts the pool at the college and pro level.

The biggest problem in the NFL, IMO, is the endless array of pass interference calls now. The rule changes have all benefitted more offense, so after every pass play, have to always look for penalty flags. Toss in the reviews and numerous injuries, there's just no game flow.

pandy
01-08-2018, 02:46 PM
I agree about the pass interference calls, but also the replays where the refs overturn a call on the field even though it wasn't obvious. They never seem to learn how it's supposed to work. I've seen a few touchdowns taken away from teams where they made a spectacular play, all for naught.

And then there are the terrible calls by the refs.

Alex Smith got hit and fumbled the ball, it was recovered by the Titans, the refs called it a forward pass, he didn't even have his arm up to throw the ball!

Secondbest
01-08-2018, 03:34 PM
All of the constant reviews after every other play is sucking the life out of the game. there is no continuity, every big pass play is reviewed. The game was better before all this replay.
You want replay then just inbounds, out of bounds and scoring. and if the balls moves a nanometer so what.Its almost unwatchable. with all the constant stoppages.

MutuelClerk
01-08-2018, 04:45 PM
All of the constant reviews after every other play is sucking the life out of the game. there is no continuity, every big pass play is reviewed. The game was better before all this replay.
You want replay then just inbounds, out of bounds and scoring. and if the balls moves a nanometer so what.Its almost unwatchable. with all the constant stoppages.

Agree that's it's close to unwatchable. IMO they should go back to the way the game used to be played. The ground CAN cause a fumble. The NFL would be against because they like scoring. And if the ball comes loose most of the time it will be a fumble or incomplete. It would also make the players actually secure the ball. Less reviews. Faster games. But probably less points scored.

Why did that moron intercept the ball? He cost his team close to twenty yards. At least their is a me in team. Seems to most players it's all about me.

thaskalos
01-08-2018, 06:36 PM

I have seen this scenario play itself out many times through the years, and very seldom do I see a cornerback who deliberately knocks the ball down instead of trying for the interception...unless it's a last-second Hail-Mary pass in the end-zone. My opinion is that the cornerback is so totally focused on the receiver, that he forgets all about the extenuating circumstances of that that particular play...resulting in a purely instinctual reaction towards the "unreasonable" interception.

I must say that I was SHOCKED when I saw the Saints try to convert that 4th down at midfield so late in the game...with a 5-point lead and no Carolina timeouts left. I thought a punt inside the 10 was the much better choice.

barahona44
01-08-2018, 07:36 PM

Thaskalos beat me to the punch with his (as usual) cogent analysis of the play.Another thing to consider is that Adams may not have known where every Saint receiver was.Batting the ball down, given the football's oblong shape ,could result in it going anywhere, including the hands of another Saint receiver.I'm quite confident that DB's are taught to intercept the ball if the opportunity presents itself.It's pretty rare for a 4th down pass play, especially by a team holding the lead, to be thrown 20 yards downfield.

Inner Dirt
01-08-2018, 07:54 PM
I thought a punt inside the 10 was the much better choice.

Any reason why the coffin corner punt has went the way of the 2 bar face mask? It seems no one even attempts that any more.

NJ Stinks
01-13-2018, 08:12 PM
What they won't put on Matt Ryan's tombstone:

Matt Ryan owned the second half.

burnsy
01-13-2018, 10:15 PM
What they won't put on Matt Ryan's tombstone:

Matt Ryan owned the second half.

The Eagles defense has all year long. Atlanta got some breaks in both games. Today, without the turnovers it would not of been close. Their offense really didn't do much until it was too late.

Nick Foles , yeah, he sucks......lol

lamboguy
01-14-2018, 10:21 AM
not betting today but gonna root hard for the Steeler's and hope they win an easy looking game. they could easily lose though because they may not want any part of going up to New England the following week. for that reason, this turns out to be a no-bet. but should they win you can sink your teeth into the Pats which will turn out to be a tremendous value bet. next week i would have no idea what to do should the Jaguars win today.

tucker6
01-14-2018, 10:23 AM
I turned the Titans-Patriots game off in the second quarter after the refs changed a Pats penalty into a Titans penalty when reviews clearly showed the original call was correct. They called phantom OPI against the Titans while looking the other way at Gronk. I have watched football for almost 50 years now, and if anyone could ever convince me that these games are fixed, that would be a Case A example.

lamboguy
01-14-2018, 11:24 AM
I turned the Titans-Patriots game off in the second quarter after the refs changed a Pats penalty into a Titans penalty when reviews clearly showed the original call was correct. They called phantom OPI against the Titans while looking the other way at Gronk. I have watched football for almost 50 years now, and if anyone could ever convince me that these games are fixed, that would be a Case A example.most likely you have good reason here. the league flat out sucks now, and they probably need Brady in the Super Bowl so that their ratings don't go down that much. how can anyone want to watch football when they pretty well know which team is going to win the championship before the season even starts?

burnsy
01-14-2018, 11:30 AM
I turned the Titans-Patriots game off in the second quarter after the refs changed a Pats penalty into a Titans penalty when reviews clearly showed the original call was correct. They called phantom OPI against the Titans while looking the other way at Gronk. I have watched football for almost 50 years now, and if anyone could ever convince me that these games are fixed, that would be a Case A example.

I won't bet a game they are in. So glad someone else posted what I have been thinking. The calls they get are damn near unbelievable at the crucial points of every game. I've rarely, if ever saw a procedure call over turned like that....with no explanation what so ever! That offensive pass interference......the ball was not even thrown yet and Decker was like 3 or 4 yards off the line. It just becoming too much of a coincidence. They have actually changed the games with bull shit calls.....this was not an isolated case. Both calls were total BS calls, even some of the TV bozos shake their heads but try to move on without saying much.

Tennessee was awful though in the second half.

tucker6
01-14-2018, 11:55 AM
I won't bet a game they are in. So glad someone else posted what I have been thinking. The calls they get are damn near unbelievable at the crucial points of every game. I've rarely, if ever saw a procedure call over turned like that....with no explanation what so ever! That offensive pass interference......the ball was not even thrown yet and Decker was like 3 or 4 yards off the line. It just becoming too much of a coincidence. They have actually changed the games with bull shit calls.....this was not an isolated case. Both calls were total BS calls, even some of the TV bozos shake their heads but try to move on without saying much.

Tennessee was awful though in the second half.

I watch a lot of football, and I have never seen a procedure call reversed. Ever. The travesty is that the original call was correct, and changed a deep punt situation into a touchdown drive when the score is still 7-0 Titans I believe.

ldiatone
01-14-2018, 01:49 PM
Well as a Steelers fan at the end of the first qt. this team is terrible and i do not mean the towel. this team is going to get crushed by jacksonville. this team is a fraud this year!!:rant::puke:

burnsy
01-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Well as a Steelers fan at the end of the first qt. this team is terrible and i do not mean the towel. this team is going to get crushed by jacksonville. this team is a fraud this year!!:rant::puke:

I warned you guys about their defense weeks ago........people laughed. I'm pretty good at this. I win more than i lose. I thought people would of figured that out by now.

tucker6
01-14-2018, 02:10 PM
I warned you guys about their defense weeks ago........people laughed. I'm pretty good at this. I win more than i lose. I thought people would of figured that out by now.

I'm guilty as charged.

ldiatone
01-14-2018, 03:38 PM
well that is the game! too bad some bad coaching on the steelers. 2 4th down plays inc pass and a 4 y loss just bad. give the cats their due. \
and priates trade Cole! another blow they may win 65 gms this year

(lucky i have the pens tonite:)

thaskalos
01-14-2018, 04:23 PM
Would the NFL be happy with a New Orleans/Jacksonville Super Bowl?

lamboguy
01-14-2018, 04:55 PM
Would the NFL be happy with a New Orleans/Jacksonville Super Bowl?they just stuck a dagger in heart with Jacksonville. i should have bet them as a hedge in case the Steelers lost, which they did. n

The Jags matchup well to the Pats, but coming into their home is tuff. no bet. probably going to wait for the Super Bowl and lay a lot of points with the Pats. they have a cakewalk game against the NFC no matter who it is now.

rastajenk
01-14-2018, 07:42 PM
Brees and Brady...the script is in, and has been approved. :coffee:

Okay, well, Brees still has 90 seconds....

rastajenk
01-14-2018, 08:12 PM
My newspaper says the spread is 5 1/2......:eek:

Like Richard Dreyfuss said....."I don't know....this is important."
"

thaskalos
01-14-2018, 08:13 PM
I think the NFL is borrowing professional wrestling's playbook.

Secondbest
01-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Brees and Brady...the script is in, and has been approved. :coffee:

Okay, well, Brees still has 90 seconds....

Guess not

rastajenk
01-14-2018, 08:21 PM
Too much time...

Tom
01-14-2018, 08:22 PM
I'd have not waited for the Saints to get back out onto the field and gone for 2!

Purple People Eaters might play the SB at home!

Jeff P
01-14-2018, 10:16 PM
Vikings' final kneel-down had Saints (+5.5) bettors celebrating in Las Vegas:
https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-final-kneel-saints-5-5-bettors-celebrating-vegas-015410263.html

Stefon Diggs’ miraculous last-second touchdown had thousands of Minnesota Vikings fans going crazy on Sunday night. But for thousands of other football fans, the next 10 minutes of confusion were equally as suspenseful.

That’s because the Vikings closed as a 5.5-point favorite at most sportsbooks in Las Vegas. Diggs’ score put Minnesota up five, 29-24. And, even with no time on the clock, a silly NFL rule meant the Vikings had to either kick the extra point or go for two, despite the result being decided.

Terrible ending for Saints fans... or was it?

Watch the second video in the article - which was shot from inside a sportsbook.

-jp

burnsy
01-15-2018, 08:42 AM
Vikings' final kneel-down had Saints (+5.5) bettors celebrating in Las Vegas:
https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-final-kneel-saints-5-5-bettors-celebrating-vegas-015410263.html

Terrible ending for Saints fans... or was it?

Watch the second video in the article - which was shot from inside a sportsbook.

-jp

Only for betting folk. There was no way the Vikings were going to do anything but kneel on the extra point......anything else would of been foolish.

Look at the level of competition in the two NFC games, they both came down to the last play this weekend, where points were hard to come by. Saints backers got their money but the fans are singing the Monday morning blues after that one.

Secondbest
01-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Championship Sunday

NE -7 1/2

PHI. +3

pandy
01-21-2018, 11:50 AM
I picked the Patriots and Vikings. The Eagles are tough at home but my main reasoning in that game is that although the Saints scored 24 points against the Vikings last week, that was because of Drew Brees. Brees had a sensational year hitting 72% of his passes and last week he made several pinpoint passes that were as good as anything that Tom Brady, Dan Marino, or Peyton Manning were able to throw. The Vikings had good coverage downfield.

Nick Foles hasn't looked like he did several years ago when he was completing long passes downfield, and the Eagles have been conservative in their play calling with Foles. So for the Eagles to win, their defense is going to have to shut down the Vikings completely, which is asking a lot.

NJ Stinks
01-21-2018, 01:26 PM
I can't understand why the Vikings are favored by 3 and when I'm puzzled by the line - experience tells me that's a good reason to pass on playing a side. As for the Pats - Jax, I'm not ready to back the Pats with Brady's uncertain status. And betting the visitor in NE is not exactly a money-maker so I pass on picking a side in this game too.

One thing I do know is that it's mighty nice outside with little wind. I'm going over in both games. That's over 46 in NE and over 39 in Philly.

Good luck, everybody.

thaskalos
01-21-2018, 04:15 PM
I wonder if any of the New England bettors would be willing to cancel their bets right about now.

Tom
01-21-2018, 04:18 PM
Having Tony Romo in the booth is like bring your kid to work day - they guys sounds like a 10 year old in there.

Does he EVER shut his mouth?

He has to be the worst thing to ever put on a headset in history.

Robert Fischer
01-21-2018, 04:24 PM
The concussion stuff is annoying.
"Oh this is big! If Gronk can't be cleared by concussion protocol what a blow to New England!!" [/gleeful announcer]

Tom
01-21-2018, 07:04 PM
I hope they buy that idiot an ice cream on the way home tonight.
And leave him there next year!

burnsy
01-21-2018, 09:21 PM
The concussion stuff is annoying.
"Oh this is big! If Gronk can't be cleared by concussion protocol what a blow to New England!!" [/gleeful announcer]

After his antics, that was poetic justice or Karma right there. He had one coming after the Buffalo game.

The rout is on in this game, Minny fell flat. Philly defense and Foles.