PDA

View Full Version : TBred Claim Announcement

Rise Over Run
09-06-2017, 08:42 PM
When did claims start getting announced before the race is run? Wed 9/6 Delaware Park Race 9 they scrolled on live feed that #4 Let The Music Play, eventual winner, had been claimed by Scott Lake. This was before the horses were being loaded in the gate. There was a gate scratch and lengthy delay, but I've never seen claims announced pre-race in TBreds.

VigorsTheGrey
09-06-2017, 09:49 PM
When did claims start getting announced before the race is run? Wed 9/6 Delaware Park Race 9 they scrolled on live feed that #4 Let The Music Play, eventual winner, had been claimed by Scott Lake. This was before the horses were being loaded in the gate. There was a gate scratch and lengthy delay, but I've never seen claims announced pre-race in TBreds.

This is a good thing, and I hope more tracks do it...the thing is, if this information is available to some insiders, but not all patrons prior to post time, then it ought to be, just to be fair to everyone to do with the info as they please....as many times horses about to be claimed perform really well...

Fager Fan
09-06-2017, 11:43 PM
This is a good thing, and I hope more tracks do it...the thing is, if this information is available to some insiders, but not all patrons prior to post time, then it ought to be, just to be fair to everyone to do with the info as they please....as many times horses about to be claimed perform really well...

You can usually guess when a horse is likely to be claimed.

onefast99
09-07-2017, 03:12 PM
You can usually guess when a horse is likely to be claimed.
If that is true yes it is good to know who won the claim. I am sure if there is a shake it wont happen until after the race is completed as has been the case since the dawn of time. From time to time a call to the horsemans book to see if a particular horse was claimed is another avenue used by horseman prior to the race being run.

JustRalph
09-07-2017, 04:38 PM
I don't like it.

I think it could dictate how the horse is ridden