PDA

View Full Version : Saving Result charts

betovernetcapper
09-06-2017, 07:27 PM
In the days of the paper DRF, I'd clip the charts & rubber cement them to a sheet of legal paper & keep them with a little clip showing the dates.

A few years ago I tried saving them in PDF form, but either due to my PC skills or my pc, it wound up talking up a lot of space and really wasn't that convenient to access.

For some reason I decided to follow DMR this year & I printed out each result chart. I have a lazar printer & buy paper in bulk so it's no big deal. I now have a stack of result charts about 2 inches tall. Awhile ago I found this book on how to bind your own books at home at a garage sale for 25 cents and not only bought it but read it. It looks doable, but a lot of trouble. Besides I'm pushing 70 & I wouldn't want my relatives fighting over who gets control over my old result charts. LOL

If I used the Formulator exclusively I wouldn't bother with the charts. But I only use it 20% of the time. I find it kind of slow.

So my question is for those of you that save charts, how to you store them? I know I have X amount of Cloud space I could use. Don't quit understand how to do it but I'm sure I could pick it up.

How do you guys save your charts?

SG4
09-06-2017, 10:24 PM
A few years ago I tried saving them in PDF form, but either due to my PC skills or my pc, it wound up talking up a lot of space and really wasn't that convenient to access.

If I bring up a full day's chart as a PDF (either DRF or Equibase chart) & do right click & save page as, you can save the full chart to your PC using very little space (about 150kb per chart). Between being able to title these in order & search within charts, this should be much more convenient to save & access than anything involving print outs. Good luck

CincyHorseplayer
09-06-2017, 11:55 PM
If you just get thick binders you can put them in that and flip through it when you need to. I can work off a computer to play but I find that looking back later it's hard to recreate the day, so I print out the PP's, mark em up, print my own pace program ratings, and pedigree info and hole punch it and binder it. They stopped selling forms in this city(but have since restarted) so I am my own printing press! I print phone books! Seriously though. I have put together my own playbooks doing this and it was an easy jump. I can do that also much easier and more thorough. You got the tools. Print it and bind it!

cj
09-07-2017, 10:29 AM
I personally never save the charts. You can get them for free any time you want them. If you could do something with PDFs other than view them I could see the point, but you can't do much at all with them. The only upside I see is not having to be online if you save them.

Tom
09-08-2017, 08:11 PM
I save them as PDFs and mark them up with FOXIT Reader.
Underline key parts of the comments, type in the TFUS figs in the big stakes, ;)