PDA

View Full Version : Crying ones eyes out at a cemetery

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-05-2017, 07:19 PM
So I'm visiting a loved one at the cemetery when I hear a guy really bawling a couple of rows down.

"Why did you have to die? My life has been ruined. I don't think I can go on another minute."

I was really moved so I went over to him and noticed it was the grave of a man in his early 30s.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, sir, but I was really moved by your outburst. Was this a brother or a son??

"Oh, no," he replied. "It is my wife's first husband."

Alright, so I should have put in the humor thread. But this way I'm sure I got a couple of you.

thaskalos
09-05-2017, 07:42 PM
So I'm visiting a loved one at the cemetery when I hear a guy really bawling a couple of rows down.

"Why did you have to die? My life has been ruined. I don't think I can go on another minute."

I was really moved so I went over to him and noticed it was the grave of a man in his early 30s.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, sir, but I was really moved by your outburst. Was this a brother or a son??

"Oh, no," he replied. "It is my wife's first husband."

Alright, so I should have put in the humor thread. But this way I'm sure I got a couple of you.

You should have stopped at "brother". The dead guy in his early 30s couldn't have been a "son"...unless the grieving man was much older. In which case...he would have GOTTEN USED to the troublesome wife.

Just sayin...:)

Jess Hawsen Arown
09-05-2017, 10:36 PM
Of course he could. The age of the speaker and the length of the first or second marriage was not stated.