PDA

View Full Version : Molly Hatchet

ldiatone
09-04-2017, 02:06 PM
Dave Hlubek, lead guitarist and co-founder of Southern rock icons Molly Hatchet, has died at the age of 66. The news was confirmed via a post on the band’s official Facebook page, although no details were provided.

RunForTheRoses
09-04-2017, 02:21 PM
RIP

I was a fan in their early days, was just blasting a greatest hits cd while on the road. Love Gator Country, Flirting with disaster and their cover of the Allmans Dreams.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jTZHHQplIX8

jocko699
09-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Dave Hlubek, lead guitarist and co-founder of Southern rock icons Molly Hatchet, has died at the age of 66. The news was confirmed via a post on the band’s official Facebook page, although no details were provided.

RIP Dave. My bride and I rocked out with you guys in a little hole in the wall on Oahu back in the 90's.

They played three shows that night at 6, 8 and 10. They came on the stage and there were 12 bottles of Jim Beam and cases of Coca-Cola. The first show was awesome. We often wonder if the 3rd show that night was even better:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

Burls
09-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Dave Hlubeck of Molly Hatchet - April 28 1951 - September 3 2017
Walter Becker of Steely Dan - February 20 1950 - September 3 2017

Fager Fan
09-04-2017, 03:45 PM
This reminds me of another southern rock band and one of the best intros out there:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2mve2ElcpXU

barahona44
09-04-2017, 09:26 PM
RIP

I was a fan in their early days, was just blasting a greatest hits cd while on the road. Love Gator Country, Flirting with disaster and their cover of the Allmans Dreams.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jTZHHQplIX8
If you were driving on the highway when "Flirting With Disaster" came on the radio, it was dead certain you'd be going at least 10-15 mph faster by the time the vocals kicked in. :headbanger: :rip:

Valuist
09-06-2017, 07:57 PM
RIP. I remember seeing Molly Hatchet open for Blue Oyster Cult and Black Sabbath on the 1980 Black & Blue tour.

michiken
09-06-2017, 08:54 PM
I was always a BIG fan of Molly Hatchet. My old band used to play Dreams, Flirtin with Disaster and Beatin the Odds. I loved Blackfoot, The Outlaws and Skynyrd as well.

As a guitarist, I used to love listening to the sounds coming from their three guitar attack. It was a real southern rock onslaught.

We even drove 100 miles in the middle of winter to see them at Northern Michigan University in Marquette. Molly and 'Trooper' (Raise a little Hell) were the only true road warrior bands to ever visit (Da) Upper Pennisula while I was in college.

RIP Dave Hlubek.

Thanks for the f*cking great songs and the guitar inspiration you gave this Les Paul playing kid.

GaryG
09-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Let us not forget the great (and late) Danny Joe Brown. Molly Hatchet was not just that other band from Jacksonville.

Valuist
09-07-2017, 04:59 PM
I read that FOUR of the members from Molly Hatchet are now dead.

Rock stars don't outlive NFL players by much.